Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Draugr

Real Name Draugr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Draugr
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2006, 20:54
Total Comments 626 (Apprentice)
User ID 24786

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Infinity Ward on Dedicated Servers & PC MW3
31. Re: Infinity Ward on Dedicated Servers & PC MW3 Jun 9, 2011, 01:14 Draugr

Ventura wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 00:55:
First you were like "I've only seen this tank video" then you're all "Nah man, I've seen all the videos ever".

It's all good mate. I mean, if you can't get me on the big stuff, naturally pick on the small shit instead. I like your style, no shit, consistency is undervalued in this day and age.

I didn't mention having seen the faultline trailer because it came out before e3, and I figured we were just talking e3 footage. My bad. I'm happy to clarify for the kids in these parts. I've seen the frostbite 2 trailer also, but it's very short, and since much of it was footage taken from either the tank or faultline videos anyway, I figured it wasn't really worth mentioning. Happy Sepharo? Or you wanna pick nits some more?

I'm happy to continue to discuss BF3 vs MW3, and I'm open to reasonable comments and willing to consider both sides of the coin, but please, can we make it adults only from here onwards?

Just comes down to if you prefer "more realistic" gameplay (BF3) or more arcade-y gameplay with Michael bay-style production (mw3.) Beyond graphics and vehicles that's pretty much the deciding factor when it comes to the single player. In regards to MP gameplay is a factor, especially when taking vehicles into account, but the games also have different player counts and map styles/sizes. another thing to consider is in multiplayer, 'lone wolf' style play is whats the norm when it comes to the mw series. In the BF series things seem to be a bit more team focused.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Infinity Ward on Dedicated Servers & PC MW3 Jun 9, 2011, 00:01 Draugr

Creston wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 23:32:
Translation: We're a little worried that BF3 may steal all of our PC multiplayer customers, so let me make a lot of vague, empty statements that make it appear as if I really give a shit about you.

Creston

That's how I read it, too.
It's almost too little too late already, BF3 is giving players what they want without having to beg for it, or leaving them in the dark.
there is also no concerns about monthly fees.

16. Re: Infinity Ward on Dedicated Servers & PC MW3 Jun 8, 2011, 19:01 Draugr

Blue wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 17:56:
Wallshadows wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 17:45:
they talked about it, everyone laughed, and they began to show off their business cards.

Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a watermark!

Kill them in a fit of rage, blue!

News Comments > Call of Duty Elite Beta This Summer, Launch in November
9. Re: ahuh.... Jun 6, 2011, 19:00 Draugr

Ventura wrote on Jun 6, 2011, 18:54:
Say what you want about Call of Duty, I just about jizzed watching that gameplay demonstration of MW3 at the start of Microsoft's press conference. The shit was absolutely hitting the fan, and it all looked fabulous.

After seeing BF3 MW3 could not look more underwhelming.

News Comments > DICE on (Free) Battlefield 3 Battleog
12. Re: DICE on (Free) Battlefield 3 Battleog Jun 4, 2011, 01:17 Draugr

bhcompy wrote on Jun 4, 2011, 00:56:
spindoctor wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 23:00:
Will they be adding what is now known as Theater mode, or demo recording in the game? I was pleasantly surprised to see it in Black Ops and enjoyed it quite a bit. It was probably the first time demo recording was implemented in a non Valve/Source game in many years. Of course, they're making it a paid feature in COD Elite which means I won't be using it again but it is a nifty thing. So, will Battlefield have it as well?

Isn't this what fraps is for?

It's a different approach, but essentially yes.
I shared the same thought though, a lot of people just go this route anyway because they are going to want the video for one reason or another.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch
19. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Jun 3, 2011, 17:27 Draugr

http://flawlesswidescreen.org/

3rd part fix for aspect ratio. It worked for 1.1 but I dunno if things will change with 1.2 as I haven't gotten a chance to mess with it yet.

edit - It doesn't so I guess we'll need to wait for the program to be updated or CDP to support it. Sorry for the false lead.

News Comments > Star Wars Games "Our Priority" - LucasArts
23. Re: Star Wars Games Jun 2, 2011, 17:33 Draugr

Before 2000? Easily.
After that? I have no idea.
I guess republic commando was kinda cool for it's time and battlefront was decent.

News Comments > Star Wars Games "Our Priority" - LucasArts
17. Re: Star Wars Games Jun 2, 2011, 16:11 Draugr

El Pit wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 15:53:
Nowadays, when Lucasanything writes "Star Wars", they actually mean "Clone Wars".

I was coming in here to say the same exact thing!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Free Weekend Jun 1, 2011, 23:01 Draugr

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 22:50:
Before you COD haters take a break from being on your knees. I'd like to day that Black Ops Rules!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwS7GZj6e1Y&feature=related

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer
10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Jun 1, 2011, 15:54 Draugr

As I understand it, since it is a prequel they wanted to have something of a sepia tinted feel to color themes, like an old picture or manuscript.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week
17. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 19, 2011, 23:23 Draugr

GinRummy wrote on May 19, 2011, 22:09:
I'm apparently old school; I just CAN'T play an FPS view game without mouse inversion. I guess it's whatever you get used to. The standard a long time ago was what is now inverted, so newer gamers prefer the non-"flight control" style.

As far as I can recall, inverted was never 'standard' beyond Flight-control style games. Granted, some games would ship with inversion, but not enough for it to be considered standard.

7. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 19, 2011, 20:53 Draugr

necrosis wrote on May 19, 2011, 20:52:
captawe wrote on May 19, 2011, 20:50:
I wish I could combine DA2's combat skills with W2's story.
Nothing, absolutely NOTHING from DA2 should be anywhere near any other game EVER. Especially Witcher 2.

Confirmed.

6. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 19, 2011, 20:53 Draugr

necrosis wrote on May 19, 2011, 20:45:
I hope this is the patch that adds true 16:10 support.

Also the ability to bind a key to save and load. It really seams like CDprojekt wanted to remove 'quicksaves' from W2 with how things are laid out.

The game has the odd scent of a console ported game because of the fact you have to do all key bindings and graphical settings OUTSIDE the game as well as menu only access to saving and loading. Which by the way is ANNOYING AS GOD DAMNED HELL when trying to test settings because of how long the game takes to load even on 2 10k RPM Raptors in RAID0.

Also though it says you can skip cutscenes it doesn't actually work for me.
I find I have to left click the mouse once or twice to get the "skip" icon to show up int he top left corner. Then right click to skip.

F5 is the quicksave button, I just dont think its bindable...
Either by design or coincidence, this button seems to be the quicksave button in most games. I just kind of instinctually went for it and it worked, happy hunting.

ed: If there is a quickload button I haven't found it

News Comments > Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No
99. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 18, 2011, 17:08 Draugr

Punisher wrote on May 18, 2011, 14:15:
In today’s politically correct society most heterosexuals are afraid to offer their honest opinion without being branded a homophobe.
The truth is, most straight men, even those who have gay friends or family, are physically sickened by the thought of gay sex. We see it as a perversion similar to bestiality or S&M. Personally, I have no problem with it unless it is in my face, whether that be on TV, videogames, or in those raunchy gay pride parades (many of whom would be arrested if they were straight). BTW, I used to live near San Francisco, and you’d be surprised how many closet conservatives there are there.

Based off your assumption, we can just write off any heterosexuals opinion in favor of gay rights since the you've decided the only reason they say as much is fear and intimidation. It must be so comforting to know that the majority secretly agrees with you. Any protesting to the contrary must be the gays intimidating them! It couldn't be because they think civil rights issues should be addressed, absolutely not!

The internet proves a great testing ground. If you were correct then most heterosexuals on this forum and on the internet, for that matter, would be agreeing with you, as it's essentially anonymous and they would feel no intimidation from speaking their true opinion, as they cannot be identified beyond the forum (as a general rule.) But the majority here clearly disagrees with you, despite the majority of users living in anonymity.

I'm not saying people don't exist who say the opposite of how they feel about something just because they fear they will be socially ostracized, but to count them among the majority I would consider a mistake. I think the internet helps prove this with its anonymity.

62. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 00:01 Draugr

Punisher wrote on May 16, 2011, 23:43:
Will anyone outside San Francisco buy Mass Effect 3 because of gay characters? Really? Ok, maybe a few wingnuts.

However, will the hype over gay characters turn off many heterosexuals? Possibly... probably not worth the risk.

While I'm not a homophobe, I almost skipped the wonderful GTA4 Gay Tony expansion because of the name.

Yet you still played it, because why let something like a name stand in the way of what is a great game...
I wonder if the same thing will happen here?

I think they should be worried about losing players about as much as they should about gaining players because of having gay romance options. Negligible at best.
Just like the other romances, its mostly fluff, and while it will be enjoyed by some people in the game, its completely optional and not the focus of the game, and won't detract as to whether or not it is a good game. It's almost like it has no bearing on the matter!

60. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 23:42 Draugr

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 16, 2011, 23:16:
BUT BUT BUT!!! WHAT ABOUT THE TRANNYS?!@?!?!?!

Ask Birdo, Yoshi's girl/boyfriend.

This comment was edited on May 17, 2011, 00:45.

40. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 17:18 Draugr

WaltC wrote on May 16, 2011, 17:00:
The highly narcissistic "gay" social agenda has completely ruined so many other forms of entertainment--I pray it not be allowed to ruin gaming as well. I favor putting them all back into the closet inside games and lead-lining the doors. The truth is guy, or gal, I don't care if you dig men or you dig women--just stay out of my game! If I want some of that agenda there are plenty of places on the Internet I can go to have my head dunked in that sort of propagandist drivel. I play games for the fun factor--if want lessons in politically correct sexual etiquette circa ~2011 I will certainly look elsewhere. Stay out of my games! Thanks.

If you replaced the references to homosexuality in this post with African-American references, you'd sound just like my grandpa! Though, without the changes you sound just as ridiculous!

38. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 17:01 Draugr

Rockn-Roll wrote on May 16, 2011, 16:42:
I'm a ignorant bigot, or a troll.

You should notify the American Psychiatric association about what you've discovered, as they think you're full of shit. I'm sure your exhaustive research trumps all the work they've done and investigated on the subject.

You might also want to let the other species and animals that inhabit our world know about this, as they engage in homosexual behavior, and you decided it's not natural.

News Comments > Gold - The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
50. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Apr 27, 2011, 22:13 Draugr

Bhruic wrote on Apr 27, 2011, 18:15:
Please go back to your console games.

Seriously? The combat in The Witcher 1 was about as consolized in style as you can get. It was basically combat with QTEs, except you only had to hit one button. Frankly, console combat would have been a step up from what we had.

Which doesn't mean the game wasn't decent for other reasons, but the combat was by far the weakest element of it.

This is what I've always found amusing, the combat in the first Witcher was far from the reasons I played the game. As you said it is a very simple, single button pressing QTE system. Almost anything will be a step in a better direction.

News Comments > Gold - The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
49. Re: Gold - The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Apr 27, 2011, 22:12 Draugr

Darks wrote on Apr 27, 2011, 20:41:
any mods for changing how the combat works?

Yes.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/full-combat-rebalance1

there is also a hi-res texture pack I would recommend,
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-witcher-texturen-mod
scabbard mod is nifty as well.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/scabbard-mod

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2011, 22:25.

626 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo