Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Draugr

Real Name Draugr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Draugr
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2006, 20:54
Total Comments 626 (Apprentice)
User ID 24786

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public
4. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 15:17 Draugr

Things like this make me embarrassed to be a gamer sometimes. The sexism in the gaming culture is the one thing I'd love to see take a hike, more than anything. That will take time, of course.

Also, why would fox news care about Women's equality? When did that happen? Pretty sure it's never unless you happen to be a Republican woman running for office.

I understand this thing were talking about in the game wasn't meant for primetime, but I think it is indicative of the 'gaming cultures' view of women (generally speaking of course, I understand that not all gamers would be guilty of this.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Debug Mod
11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Debug Mod Sep 4, 2011, 18:15 Draugr

Gibbed is awesome, his ME2 save editor was great for avoiding planet scanning, and modifying flags for characters.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2011, 18:20.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans
12. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 17:57 Draugr

That's why they made their game 3000 years before basically anything else we know about in the star wars universe(aside from setting)...Apparently it is cyclical  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Interview
2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Interview Aug 30, 2011, 22:13 Draugr

Lair of the shadow broker was great, so I'm hoping the DLC is as strong as that. I was a little disappointed with overlord myself.

It will be interesting to see what the DLC content will be like, given that ME3 is supposed to be the end. while perhaps of not the universe but with Shepard and the reaper-war-thingy, as I understand it.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Split Screen Support
3. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Split Screen Support Aug 9, 2011, 15:12 Draugr

elefunk wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 14:37:
This will be absolutely perfect on my m11x, hooking it up to my HDTV with a single HDMI cable....*drool*

This is awesome. What would be even better is if they had multi-monitor support, much like Supreme commander had.

It would certainly make split screen MORE appealing.

News Comments > Insert Provocative Headline Here
7. Re: Insert Provocative Headline Here Aug 6, 2011, 23:36 Draugr

yuastnav wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 20:30:
Episode 3 was actually made but a certain someone at Valve ate it accidentally.
Now they are waiting for id to release id tech 4 so they can use that as a basis to make their own engine with completely messed up netcode, so basically much like what they did with the Quake 2 engine.
Everything old is new again.

LOL FAT JOKE, COMEDY GOLD.

I must be the only PC gamer who could care less about more Half-life episodes being released, I certainly don't have anything against them, they were fun and everything. I guess they just didn't hook me like they did others.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC FOV Option
37. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC FOV Option Jul 31, 2011, 14:18 Draugr

Krovven wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 11:38:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 06:08:
I could care less about rough edges in the graphics department.

For me, it's not the graphics that bothers me, although they are dated. It's the clunky movement. I don't know how else to explain it other than comparing it to an old Lithtech engine.

It's still playable for sure, but mouse movement is off too. I had to turn down sensitivity quite a bit before it felt decent. There were no Mouse Filtering options either.

But as I said, for me it's a $25-30 game, not a $45-50 game.

I'm sure the months old press build was what they wanted you to use when deciding whether or not to play the game, how fair.

Now, that doesn't mean your complaints MUST have been addressed by the time it went gold, but things can change in those months. Controls acting sluggish can happen for different reasons beyond just design. The press build also doesn't have the robust compatibility that the final release *should* have, and that could also be causing issues for you.

My friend had it and I checked it out, controls seemed just fine to me, engine feels a little old graphically, but as others have said, who cares if its a good game.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features
32. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 17:55 Draugr

yuastnav wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 15:10:
Verno wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 12:05:
yuastnav wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 12:02:
Elessar wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 11:21:
[...] As a PC gamer, I appreciate the changes. [...]

Are you for real? D:

How can you possibly view it as a negative? Should they have done it at release? Sure. They're still doing it now instead of not doing it at all. Regardless of how anyone feels about DNF (its shit btw) it's good news for PC gamers.

How can I view it as something negative?
No, that is the wrong question. I'll rather ask you the following:
How can you be happy about Gearbox trolling you?
It's pretty obvious that they don't give a crap and just having a laugh. "Oh, PC gamers whine about two weapons, let's give them four."

Yeah, right. That's almost half as much as in you could carry at once in the last game. And they only needed over ten years to implement such a feature!

They want to make fun of me? They can shove it.

[edit]
I am actually very happy that I don't give one damn about this game but news like this give me the lulz.

Yeah, they trolled them by taking their feedback and then implementing it, gearbox showed them.

News Comments > Dragon Age II DLC Released, Game Pulled from Steam
49. Re: Dragon Age II DLC Released, Game Pulled from Steam Jul 27, 2011, 14:25 Draugr

Has anyone given this a shot yet? as I understand it this one actually has some challenging fights in it, and there aren't waves in combat... too bad the art style is still around.

Either way, anyone play this and have an opinion yet?

News Comments > DICE on BF3 PC/Console Differences
24. Re: DICE on BF3 PC/Console Differences Jul 26, 2011, 17:36 Draugr

Tumbler wrote on Jul 26, 2011, 16:33:
A far superior game PC to a console can be built for $300 (including graphics card).

I'm very curious what "far superior to a console" looks like in this case. If you're building it from scratch then $100 goes to windows 7 and the pc costs $200?

Or, you just use the OS you already own and save yourself some money. Same goes for monitors, keyboards, mice, etc. I would say for 300 bucks it certainly won't be far superior, but it wont suffer from all the console limitations and will still manage to be more powerful in the hardware dept.
For Xbox, a lot of people seem to forget they pay 50 bucks a year (approx) so they can play their games online (among other things.) If we take this subscription fees into account the cost of an xbox is more than just your initial purchase.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Pachter on Crunch Time
7. Re: Quoteworthy - Pachter on Crunch Time Jul 25, 2011, 22:44 Draugr

Tumbler wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 22:10:
If the guys at infinity ward can get caught in this trap there is no doubt in my mind that the industry needs unions.

Of course it does, like most labor forces.

Obviously, someone who is an investor mouthpiece certainly isn't going to acknowledge the shit working conditions devs can be put through. That would then mean they might need to address it, which would cut into profit.

<obligatory 'Pachter-is-a-shit-bag' comment>

News Comments > Vote on Female Shepard
15. Re: Vote on Female Shepard Jul 25, 2011, 13:59 Draugr

necrosis wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 13:34:
The other thing is, unless my memory is shot, there are hair styles there that were not in 1 or 2. I thought because you could migrate your save from 1 to 2 was the reason 2 had the same hair styles.

I think it has more to do with unreal engine not being able to do long hair well at all. In ME3 its something they worked on, so it's there.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Specs?
40. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 21:05 Draugr

Teddy wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 21:00:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 19:30:
Here is what they should have wrote as a BF3 spec:

"Your going to need BIG BLUE in order to run this STEAMING PIECE OF CRAP even on 640x480 .... if you don't shell out $3 grand for a quad core SLI rig with an OCTO CPU your in for a laggathon beyond your freakin wildest dreams. HAHAHAHA it took us 8 hours to render that crap 2 minute video on a render farm that cost more then your house. You guys suck....Hope you can hit someone at 80 yards with that sniper rifle at 1 FPS. LOL a slide show on flash is going to look like a grade a first class AAA title ... did you expect us to make a smooth game FPS with game play in mind when instead we can make money with crap fake rendered videos?

Someone clearly sounds threatened.

He is here to troll just like every bf3 related thread, just ignore him.

36. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 20:11 Draugr

PacoTaco wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 19:51:
EA just fucked themselves on this one, the stock should drop after the forecast is cut by 50%. No XP, FU EA!

No Millennium support either? WTF?! who would have thought software companies have little interest in supporting decade old OS's.

People (including myself) complain about consoles holding back games, I'd say the argument would apply in this case as well, albiet to a lesser degree.

33. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 19:44 Draugr

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 19:24:
Because i don't buy a new windows version that doesn't improve anything (of value) apart from making all my specialized software with custom drivers run haywire I run 64bit vista.. enough for my needs for now.

I would argue 7 is an improvement over vista, but it certainly isn't necessary. Especially if you're running some special software that is dated and/or doesn't have w7 support.
Hence the recommendation, not the requirement.

28. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 17:22 Draugr

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 17:10:
Why recommend something that has no effect on the game whatsoever? There is no performance difference between 64bit Vista and W7

This has everything to do with memory. while you CAN get 32-bit OS's to handle more ram, it requires work, so with a recommended memory of 4GB I don't think its odd to also recommend a 64-bit OS. If I recall when you buy windows 7 you get both the 32 and 64 bit versions, so the real question is why aren't you running 64-bit windows 7.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Mod
20. Re: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Mod Jul 6, 2011, 16:48 Draugr

Yaogun wrote on Jul 6, 2011, 16:16:
Thanks for that link, Nomaar. I've been thinking I should start up TES IV again and check out new mods. That one looks like it's worth a try.

I've been considering this as well, but I dont know what the great mods are and Im too lazy to puit any effort into finding out

This looks both Radical and bodacious.

News Comments > Microsoft Considered Crytek Acquisition
7. Re: Microsoft Considered Crytek Acquisition Jul 5, 2011, 15:46 Draugr

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 5, 2011, 15:32:
killer_roach wrote on Jul 5, 2011, 12:36:
Kajetan wrote on Jul 5, 2011, 11:17:
Yeah, Yerli fits perfectly to any big publisher. Always willing to say anything to support the corporations interests, even if it's utter bullshit and Yerli has to contradict himself everytime. But that's ok. It's his life, his company, his descisions. I wish him well in the future. No, really

You try making games like Crytek does on an indie budget. You want high production value and bleeding-edge technical prowess? It doesn't come cheap - be prepared to kiss somebody's ass to pull it off.

That being said, glad Crytek walked away from that mess. Creston's dead right, though - if Crytek became an MS studio, they'd be a console exclusive developer, and would likely have most of their staff wiped out and replaced by MGS people to avoid internal structural conflicts with other Microsoft teams (but making sure to keep Yerli as a figurehead, like what was done with Molyneux at Lionhead).

Not that it made much difference. Crysis 2 was a step back from the first Crysis in most aspects. It may as well have been a console exclusive.

PC version of Crysis 2 finally got finished last week

News Comments > U.K. Charts - Hail to the  King, Baby
12. Re: U.K. Charts - Hail to the  King, Baby Jun 13, 2011, 18:51 Draugr

reisub wrote on Jun 13, 2011, 16:33:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 13, 2011, 11:09:
Sigh, the British. Poor dental hygiene, latent urge to exert dominion over most of the world with an empire, bad taste in FPS games.
You forgot our food.

As if the British have the monopoly on terrible taste in FPS's

News Comments > Infinity Ward on Dedicated Servers & PC MW3
39. Re: Infinity Ward on Dedicated Servers & PC MW3 Jun 9, 2011, 16:14 Draugr

Ventura wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 05:01:
Just comes down to if you prefer "more realistic" gameplay (BF3) or more arcade-y gameplay with Michael bay-style production (mw3.) Beyond graphics and vehicles that's pretty much the deciding factor when it comes to the single player. In regards to MP gameplay is a factor, especially when taking vehicles into account, but the games also have different player counts and map styles/sizes. another thing to consider is in multiplayer, 'lone wolf' style play is whats the norm when it comes to the mw series. In the BF series things seem to be a bit more team focused.

Fair call mate, and being team/realism vs arcade/lone wolf, BF3 just leans so much more to multiplayer. Not that they won't have an engrossing single player campaign, mind you, but mw3's looks like it's the bees knees thus far. Of course, I anticipate seeing a lot more footage from both games before either one of them is released.

I spent so much more time with Black Ops than I did with Bad Company 2, these days single player (and coop) are really what's doing it for me. If they'd re-add the ability to create your own server and fill it with bots, ala Battlefield of old, I'd be all over that, but I don't think they'll let us do that again.

Mw3 single player is going to be more of the same, I don't see how it will be better than BF3, which clearly appears to be trying something a little more grand scale.

626 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo