Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Draugr

Real Name Draugr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Draugr
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2006, 20:54
Total Comments 612 (Apprentice)
User ID 24786

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public
47. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 17:02 Draugr

Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 16:44:
Siward wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 16:20:
Eyeroll. Leave it up to the cadre of privileged, ignorant commenters on this website to not even understand feminism, and then think that somehow believing in equal rights makes a person a pansy.

It's a lot easier to be an ignorant, privileged, pissant bully than it is to stand up for what's right. Please, go back to the 19th century where your prejudice belongs.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!! Look guys here's one now!

I love it when the offended-by-everything, humor-less weenies come out of the woodwork every time a thread like this comes along. It gives me so much entertainment! Laugh2

And then on the flipside, we have the people who go "OMG, ITS A JOKE" even though they don't have some crystal ball that reveals to them the intent of the person who wrote it.

We can't assume everyone telling a racist/sexist/bigoted joke is doing it with tongue-in-cheek. Sometimes they are just racist, sexist, or bigoted. I'm not calling it one way or another, because I don't know any better, If I did KNOW the intention, and it wasnt rooted in bigotry, I'd be the first to defend this person to the death.

Certainly not the smartest move though, you're at work and the professionalism should be there, If he stood up in his office and said 'feminist whore,' to everyone on the floor he'd at LEAST get to go have a chat with HR. that right there should tell you it doesn't belong in your work.
In this regard, it's just a stupid move on the persons part who put it in there.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 16:53 Draugr

Creston wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 16:40:
STUFF
Draugr wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 16:27:
OTHER STUFF

I agree with you for the most part, it certainly not exclusive to gamers, but I disagree with you that the problem isn't any worse in gaming culture. I'm not saying its some huge pressing issue that must be addressed immediately, but I think it is clearly there.

Am I saying there is a problem with games that are all about TnA? nah, there is room for that, but when most of the games featuring women are usually presented in that format? It's Stale, to say the least.

Finally, I never meant to imply gaming is somehow the last bastion for Misogyny, it's still alive and well in other places of society, let's not make THAT mistake.

38. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 16:42 Draugr

Sacrifex wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 16:38:
Draugr wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 15:17:
Things like this make me embarrassed to be a gamer sometimes. The sexism in the gaming culture is the one thing I'd love to see take a hike, more than anything. That will take time, of course.

Also, why would fox news care about Women's equality? When did that happen? Pretty sure it's never unless you happen to be a Republican woman running for office.

I understand this thing were talking about in the game wasn't meant for primetime, but I think it is indicative of the 'gaming cultures' view of women (generally speaking of course, I understand that not all gamers would be guilty of this.)

Yeah, compared to the horrors of being called a nasty name in gaming code, the overall lack of fair pay, public mocking, glass ceilings, and instances of sexual harassment/assault women in other mainstream male dominated fields (Sports Journalism in this example) have to deal with seem like a blessing.

The gaming industry truly disgusts me.

My bad, I forgot the rule on being incapable of caring about more than one kind of injustice simultaneously

33. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 16:29 Draugr

EddieTheHack wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 15:27:
That a programmer had the stones to include that raises the games standing in my mind. This political correctness garbage really has begun to cross the line into absurdity. Besides, its not like any feminist whores will ever even see this to be by offended by it - what with all the not making sandwiches and time spent horizontally lobbying politicos.

Yeah, while they were at it they should have made the black character have an 'Angry n*gger' achievement! THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN SOOOOOOO AWESOME. RIGHT?

If you'll notice, this wasn't supposed to be in the game at all. and is actually only located in some debug info. This is also on a version of the game that wasn't even supposed to see public consumption, they just really bungled their steam launch.

If things had gone smoothly we'd all be none the wiser, I guess these aren't the crusaders you're looking for.

31. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 16:27 Draugr

Creston wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 15:49:
Draugr wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 15:17:
but I think it is indicative of the 'gaming cultures' view of women (generally speaking of course, I understand that not all gamers would be guilty of this.)

Yeah, no. It's ONE MAN'S view of women. No need to sweep "gaming culture" under the rug with one guy who's hung up because his mommy didn't hug him enough as a toddler.

Creston

Right, because games like Bayonetta, DOA, and Lollipop chainsaw aren't all there just waiting to illustrate my point. They might not be offensive in the same fashion, but it does help illustrate Sexism/views of women in gaming culture. The list could be bigger, but that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure we could list games that do not suffer from such things as well of course. I don't mean to imply everyone is guilty, but it is part of the culture.

Women make up a decent portion of people who game, when they see an article like this all and the responses it generates, it doesn't surprise me at all that they try to stay hidden. Well, that and if they did speak up and anyone caught a whiff of them being a woman they instantly get harassed, (Which I suppose brings us full circle to gaming culture in relation to women.)

I don't mean to imply everyone is guilty of this by any means, but I think it is certainly part of the culture and something I'd like to see changed.

7. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 15:23 Draugr

Mead wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 15:18:
Graham wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 15:03:
I think we can all avoid getting our knickers in a twist over this.

Agh, here comes Fox News. Nope, we can't.
Link to their article? Or we could just pick any of the dozen other sites that have articles about this and blame the hysteria on Fox anyway. That works.

SARCASM? WHAT'S THAT?

SARCASM IN RESPONSE TO CONFUSION CAUSED BY SARCASM, 2x SCORE MULTIPLIER
-

4. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 15:17 Draugr

Things like this make me embarrassed to be a gamer sometimes. The sexism in the gaming culture is the one thing I'd love to see take a hike, more than anything. That will take time, of course.

Also, why would fox news care about Women's equality? When did that happen? Pretty sure it's never unless you happen to be a Republican woman running for office.

I understand this thing were talking about in the game wasn't meant for primetime, but I think it is indicative of the 'gaming cultures' view of women (generally speaking of course, I understand that not all gamers would be guilty of this.)

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Debug Mod
11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Debug Mod Sep 4, 2011, 18:15 Draugr

Gibbed is awesome, his ME2 save editor was great for avoiding planet scanning, and modifying flags for characters.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2011, 18:20.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans
12. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 17:57 Draugr

That's why they made their game 3000 years before basically anything else we know about in the star wars universe(aside from setting)...Apparently it is cyclical  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Interview
2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Interview Aug 30, 2011, 22:13 Draugr

Lair of the shadow broker was great, so I'm hoping the DLC is as strong as that. I was a little disappointed with overlord myself.

It will be interesting to see what the DLC content will be like, given that ME3 is supposed to be the end. while perhaps of not the universe but with Shepard and the reaper-war-thingy, as I understand it.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Split Screen Support
3. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Split Screen Support Aug 9, 2011, 15:12 Draugr

elefunk wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 14:37:
This will be absolutely perfect on my m11x, hooking it up to my HDTV with a single HDMI cable....*drool*

This is awesome. What would be even better is if they had multi-monitor support, much like Supreme commander had.

It would certainly make split screen MORE appealing.

News Comments > Insert Provocative Headline Here
7. Re: Insert Provocative Headline Here Aug 6, 2011, 23:36 Draugr

yuastnav wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 20:30:
Episode 3 was actually made but a certain someone at Valve ate it accidentally.
Now they are waiting for id to release id tech 4 so they can use that as a basis to make their own engine with completely messed up netcode, so basically much like what they did with the Quake 2 engine.
Everything old is new again.

LOL FAT JOKE, COMEDY GOLD.

I must be the only PC gamer who could care less about more Half-life episodes being released, I certainly don't have anything against them, they were fun and everything. I guess they just didn't hook me like they did others.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC FOV Option
37. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC FOV Option Jul 31, 2011, 14:18 Draugr

Krovven wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 11:38:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 06:08:
I could care less about rough edges in the graphics department.

For me, it's not the graphics that bothers me, although they are dated. It's the clunky movement. I don't know how else to explain it other than comparing it to an old Lithtech engine.

It's still playable for sure, but mouse movement is off too. I had to turn down sensitivity quite a bit before it felt decent. There were no Mouse Filtering options either.

But as I said, for me it's a $25-30 game, not a $45-50 game.

I'm sure the months old press build was what they wanted you to use when deciding whether or not to play the game, how fair.

Now, that doesn't mean your complaints MUST have been addressed by the time it went gold, but things can change in those months. Controls acting sluggish can happen for different reasons beyond just design. The press build also doesn't have the robust compatibility that the final release *should* have, and that could also be causing issues for you.

My friend had it and I checked it out, controls seemed just fine to me, engine feels a little old graphically, but as others have said, who cares if its a good game.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features
32. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 17:55 Draugr

yuastnav wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 15:10:
Verno wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 12:05:
yuastnav wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 12:02:
Elessar wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 11:21:
[...] As a PC gamer, I appreciate the changes. [...]

Are you for real? D:

How can you possibly view it as a negative? Should they have done it at release? Sure. They're still doing it now instead of not doing it at all. Regardless of how anyone feels about DNF (its shit btw) it's good news for PC gamers.

How can I view it as something negative?
No, that is the wrong question. I'll rather ask you the following:
How can you be happy about Gearbox trolling you?
It's pretty obvious that they don't give a crap and just having a laugh. "Oh, PC gamers whine about two weapons, let's give them four."

Yeah, right. That's almost half as much as in you could carry at once in the last game. And they only needed over ten years to implement such a feature!

They want to make fun of me? They can shove it.

[edit]
I am actually very happy that I don't give one damn about this game but news like this give me the lulz.

Yeah, they trolled them by taking their feedback and then implementing it, gearbox showed them.

News Comments > Dragon Age II DLC Released, Game Pulled from Steam
49. Re: Dragon Age II DLC Released, Game Pulled from Steam Jul 27, 2011, 14:25 Draugr

Has anyone given this a shot yet? as I understand it this one actually has some challenging fights in it, and there aren't waves in combat... too bad the art style is still around.

Either way, anyone play this and have an opinion yet?

News Comments > DICE on BF3 PC/Console Differences
24. Re: DICE on BF3 PC/Console Differences Jul 26, 2011, 17:36 Draugr

Tumbler wrote on Jul 26, 2011, 16:33:
A far superior game PC to a console can be built for $300 (including graphics card).

I'm very curious what "far superior to a console" looks like in this case. If you're building it from scratch then $100 goes to windows 7 and the pc costs $200?

Or, you just use the OS you already own and save yourself some money. Same goes for monitors, keyboards, mice, etc. I would say for 300 bucks it certainly won't be far superior, but it wont suffer from all the console limitations and will still manage to be more powerful in the hardware dept.
For Xbox, a lot of people seem to forget they pay 50 bucks a year (approx) so they can play their games online (among other things.) If we take this subscription fees into account the cost of an xbox is more than just your initial purchase.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Pachter on Crunch Time
7. Re: Quoteworthy - Pachter on Crunch Time Jul 25, 2011, 22:44 Draugr

Tumbler wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 22:10:
If the guys at infinity ward can get caught in this trap there is no doubt in my mind that the industry needs unions.

Of course it does, like most labor forces.

Obviously, someone who is an investor mouthpiece certainly isn't going to acknowledge the shit working conditions devs can be put through. That would then mean they might need to address it, which would cut into profit.

<obligatory 'Pachter-is-a-shit-bag' comment>

News Comments > Vote on Female Shepard
15. Re: Vote on Female Shepard Jul 25, 2011, 13:59 Draugr

necrosis wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 13:34:
The other thing is, unless my memory is shot, there are hair styles there that were not in 1 or 2. I thought because you could migrate your save from 1 to 2 was the reason 2 had the same hair styles.

I think it has more to do with unreal engine not being able to do long hair well at all. In ME3 its something they worked on, so it's there.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Specs?
40. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 21:05 Draugr

Teddy wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 21:00:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 19:30:
Here is what they should have wrote as a BF3 spec:

"Your going to need BIG BLUE in order to run this STEAMING PIECE OF CRAP even on 640x480 .... if you don't shell out $3 grand for a quad core SLI rig with an OCTO CPU your in for a laggathon beyond your freakin wildest dreams. HAHAHAHA it took us 8 hours to render that crap 2 minute video on a render farm that cost more then your house. You guys suck....Hope you can hit someone at 80 yards with that sniper rifle at 1 FPS. LOL a slide show on flash is going to look like a grade a first class AAA title ... did you expect us to make a smooth game FPS with game play in mind when instead we can make money with crap fake rendered videos?

Someone clearly sounds threatened.

He is here to troll just like every bf3 related thread, just ignore him.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Specs?
36. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 20:11 Draugr

PacoTaco wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 19:51:
EA just fucked themselves on this one, the stock should drop after the forecast is cut by 50%. No XP, FU EA!

No Millennium support either? WTF?! who would have thought software companies have little interest in supporting decade old OS's.

People (including myself) complain about consoles holding back games, I'd say the argument would apply in this case as well, albiet to a lesser degree.

612 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo