Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Draugr

Real Name Draugr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Draugr
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2006, 20:54
Total Comments 619 (Apprentice)
User ID 24786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
39. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 17:23 Draugr

scarlet wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 14:17:
We don't need 100% of states to pass a new amendment to limit the Federal leviathan, only 2/3's majority to propose only 3/4's majority to pass. Not easy, but doable.

You assume that just because people aren't happy with the government most people want the same thing you do. I think you could get all those people to agree they aren't happy about it, but if you think they all want to move further right like yourself, then you'd be mistaken, which is why what you propose is a pipe dream. States rights is not a thing most Americans are concerned with, which is why the tea party is a marginal group of people in comparison to the US population (that's not to say they don't have influence, of course.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 17:09 Draugr

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:43:
I find it funny when liberals mention the Koch brothers. They are like a drop of water in the ocean compared to the amount of money George Soros invests in left wing progressive groups such as Media Matters and SEIU. Then MSNBC gets all their "news" (marching orders) from Media Matters and the Obama administration.

I also find it funny when liberals in Texas bitch about Republicans. It must really suck living in a state with such low unemployment and no income taxes. If you're so miserable come up here to Connecticut. 30 years of liberal Democrat rule has rendered my state broke and all the businesses are leaving to...gasp...TEXAS.

Yet, nobody was arguing that one of these Soros backed group was grassroots movement, as some constantly try to do with the tea party so it's not really the same thing at all.

34. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 16:48 Draugr

Beamer wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:44:
Dirwulf wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:31:
Draugr wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:20:
scarlet wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 14:29:
The tea party movement is truly a grassroots movement, not a giant political machine like the Republican or Democratic parties.

Hahaha.

I guess he's never heard of the Koch brothers.
The Tea Party was grass roots, true. Then, as mentioned, it became the tool of billionaires looking to control us.

The sad thing is people think it's trying to do the opposite. The tea party gets people up in arms over controlling stupid shit, like how large a soda you can buy, while making its party members believe it's ok to control the shit that matters, like your reproductive system.

Look over there, a three headed monkey!

Indeed so, we could claim that there were angry people complaining for a week and then those people were appropriated into what would become the tea party apparatus.

I mean when there is a cable network Sharing rally times and dates constantly, and then also proceed to do some sort of Emceeing for some of those events, it's hard case to make.

29. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 16:20 Draugr

scarlet wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 14:29:
The tea party movement is truly a grassroots movement, not a giant political machine like the Republican or Democratic parties.

Hahaha.

News Comments > NVIDIA: "No Longer Possible" for Consoles to Better PC Graphics
39. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 24, 2013, 14:52 Draugr

jdreyer wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 13:33:
1. The same "8 core" CPUs that AMD has been selling to PC makers for years?

Actually as I uderstand it, it's a tablet CPU, so it most PC gamers already have a CPU that can match or outperform the console CPUs.

As many have said, the only people who will be shocked to hear something like this are naive consumers who gobble up marketing materials.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
11. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 15:21 Draugr

El Pit wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 15:13:
They learned it the hard way, but at least they understood the message and will eat their crow in the end. Now, add an offline mode to D3, and you deserve another chance, ActiBlizz.

I think that again it's all about the money, not the balance of the game.

They know they can sell more copies of the expansion by doing this, and they clearly think that will net them more money then keeping the AH open with an expansion that less people would buy otherwise.

So, why does this game need to be online all the time now? I mean the reasoning was flimsy at best before, but now...

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
38. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 16:49 Draugr

Malachii wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 11:26:
I still wonder if this was from a no name company with a different name if opinions would different.

They'd be different in that nobody would be playing it. Instead we'd get posts with more honest assessments. Turns out when people aren't already drinking the kool-aid it takes a bit of convincing.

Sure, there would still be people playing it, but I'd say the success of Diablo 3 has mostly to do with the name on the box, just as those who DON'T like it for X, Y or Z reason, may not like it because of the name on the box.

News Comments > Steam Trade Offers Launch
38. Re: I read sept 3 and think Rome II Sep 5, 2013, 16:30 Draugr

Tim wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 13:11:
Out of interest are Steam titles cheaper for you than physical copies? I ask because 99% of the time they aren't for me (talking about on release) - heck, even if I buy a steam key from another site (Greenman for example) it's usually cheaper and by a wide margin.

So they are cheaper for you? I would say just because you're buying a steam product off of Amazon or GMG doesn't mean it doesn't count as cheaper.

Creston wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 13:25:
What I can't figure out is why Steam let's GMG sell Steam keys for 30% less than they go for on Steam.

I always figured it had something to do with a bulk purchase of keys, either through an arrangement with the publisher or Valve themselves, I couldn't say for sure of course.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
31. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 3, 2013, 16:38 Draugr

coldbricksNZ wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 16:26:
Dear Sony and Microsoft,

Just put a 2nd damned HDMI out on your boxes so I can play multiplayer locally on a separate TV/monitor. Or as well as splitscreen, 2 tv's - four on each, there's a use for 8 controllers.

Seriously how hard can that be?

Yours ever hopefully that you'll actually do some basic things that better gaming.

Coldbricks

How hard can it be to run a game on two screens that was designed to run on one screen at 30fps?

Pretty difficult, I imagine.

News Comments > Project Eternity Art & Screenshot
37. Re: Project Eternity Art & Screenshot Aug 7, 2013, 15:16 Draugr

jdreyer wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 14:59:
Draugr wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 14:16:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 13:44:
You won't be able to rotate the camera. It's 2.5D, so a 2D background with some 3D elements. There was a vid on youtube a few months ago, but I can't find it now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUleDEFkUtE

Every time there is an update it makes me glad to have backed this project.

That's close, but the vid I remember is them actually rotating the game engine so that you saw that the background was 2D, but the waterfall was 3D.

It's the same one you're talking about, I think. He shows that off at 3:45 in.

News Comments > Project Eternity Art & Screenshot
34. Re: Project Eternity Art & Screenshot Aug 7, 2013, 14:16 Draugr

jdreyer wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 13:44:
You won't be able to rotate the camera. It's 2.5D, so a 2D background with some 3D elements. There was a vid on youtube a few months ago, but I can't find it now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUleDEFkUtE

Every time there is an update it makes me glad to have backed this project.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
18. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 6, 2013, 20:29 Draugr

Cutter wrote on Aug 6, 2013, 19:23:
Redmask wrote on Aug 6, 2013, 18:13:
Can you back up any of this or is that straight from your ass? Jade Raymond has a really impressive resume and reputation. You can get the former based on looks sometimes but people will resent you.

Guys like you and Beamer can pander all you like but it's not going to get you a date with her so spare us the bullshit.

Confirmed then, it's from your ass.

Her resume speaks for itself, but let's ignore all that and just pretend her attractiveness is the only reason she has a job, not the laundry list of successful titles she's been involved in throughout the years. Rolleyes

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 1, 2013, 23:28 Draugr

Fantaz wrote on Aug 1, 2013, 18:43:
the girl in the USB 3.1 article is hot...

It looks like it could be Michele Bachmann's non-manic sister.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders
14. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 14:57 Draugr

InBlack wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 11:00:
siapnar wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 09:47:
InBlack wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 09:39:
DCS: World is where its at and its modules obviously.
I've just been getting back into flight sims (last one I played - and loved - was 1990's Red Baron).

I have tried both World of Warplanes as well as War Thunder, and I just checked out the site for DCS: World since you mentioned it.
So essentially you get the base program then can install modules, new and old, into that program?

I'm pretty impressed by some of the features of WoWP, but I'm open to trying another sim.

Apples and oranges. DCS is the MOST accurate sim you will find. WoWP and War Thunder while fun, are basically arcade games. You will need some kind of joystick as a minimum to fly some of the planes in DCS. The basic program contains one (free) plane that you can fly but its a russian Su-25 which features russian avionics and is a nightmare to learn.

What were your thoughts on the 'full real battles' in war thunder, compared to other flight-sim games? I haven't messed with it myself, . but, I was curious about those who are into flight sims, think of it.

News Comments > StarMade - Minecraft-inspired Space Shooter
11. Re: StarMade - Minecraft-inspired Space Shooter Jul 23, 2013, 17:33 Draugr

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 17:28:
Draugr wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 17:18:
MindStalker3 wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 15:31:
Narf2029 wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 12:54:
I couldn't bring myself to put $3 down for it. I don't need photorealistic graphics but I am so over the "retro" style, the blocky style, and whatever else. Indie is not an excuse to make things that look like shit.

Honestly, when your talking about a fully destructible/buildable world, blocky is about the only way to go. I couldn't imagine the system requirements if the graphics were high end.

Starforge doesn't look too bad.

Yeah, but can you do anything to the terrain? Doesn't look like it. All I saw deformed in their main trailer thing were trees and blocks that they put in place themselves.

You can modify the terrain beyond that, yes. Last I checked its free to check out, so you might as well.

These games aren't really my cup of tea, so I can't speak to it's quality, but someone brought up graphics so I figured I'd throw it out there.

News Comments > StarMade - Minecraft-inspired Space Shooter
9. Re: StarMade - Minecraft-inspired Space Shooter Jul 23, 2013, 17:18 Draugr

MindStalker3 wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 15:31:
Narf2029 wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 12:54:
I couldn't bring myself to put $3 down for it. I don't need photorealistic graphics but I am so over the "retro" style, the blocky style, and whatever else. Indie is not an excuse to make things that look like shit.

Honestly, when your talking about a fully destructible/buildable world, blocky is about the only way to go. I couldn't imagine the system requirements if the graphics were high end.

Starforge doesn't look too bad.
http://www.starforge.com/

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 13:07 Draugr

MindStalker3 wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 12:34:
Trevellian wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 10:30:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 10:17:
wtf_man wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 09:57:
Microsoft may be upgrading the specs of the Xbox One before its release

The major issue this generation was that Xbox 360 was still generally a windows machine thus making it much easier to program for, despite the PS3 having more powerful hardware.
XBox is PowerPC, Though its still leaps and bounds a simpler architecture than Cell.

Another thing that made the 360 more favored in development was it's (512MB)shared memory, as opposed to ps3 which had it statically split(256mb) between the GPU and CPU.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2013, 13:14.

33. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 13, 2013, 15:44 Draugr

Flatline wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 14:03:
Verno wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 12:28:
"You cannot have game and marketing budgets this high while also having used and rental games existing," he said via Twitter. "The numbers do NOT work people."

CliffyB's latest troll rant against used games is up and he predictably backs Microsoft, claiming that modern game development and marketing is too expensive to support a used game market. Of course one might wonder why the marketing and game budgets need to be this high in the first place when people will spend millions on something like Terraria and Minecraft, surely there is a middle ground to be found there.

Destructoid absolutely decimates his argument, thought people might want to take a gander.

That tells me that the next "generation" of gaming should be about making AAA quality games *cheaper* to produce. Meaning faster, easier pipelines.

I've been predicting that games are going to peak on budget since the beginning of the PS3/360 generation. The solution to this isn't to yank fair use doctrine and force consumers into what amounts to an outdated pattern of game development, but to push, and I mean *really* push, to make games cheaper and more efficient to produce. That's it really.

Either that or admit that you've hit a certain level of fidelity that is just not economical to get past and go back to investing in content.

Next gen games *ARE* cheaper to produce, at least on a hardware level -- when everything is using such similar hardware, the porting is far cheaper than it used to be. That's not to say there may not be in increase in production costs elsewhere (again, they always feel graphics are king.) but there it going to be an offset because you don't need to worry yourself about making a version that runs on a Cell CPU and a PowerPC CPU.

The real problem is that publishers just don't want to figure out a different way of working. They don't want to try to work more efficiently, or try to create less-expensive-to-make, games, because they like the never-ending spiral of increasing costs to increasing revenue they are in, as that makes their share holders happy.

Prezactly.
As the destructoid Article touched upon, it is amazing how some publishers (and their fans) feel like the games industry wouldn't exist without them.

26. Re: Morning Metaverse May 30, 2013, 03:43 Draugr

RollinThundr wrote on May 29, 2013, 16:27:
Cutter wrote on May 29, 2013, 15:50:
Draugr wrote on May 29, 2013, 14:19:
Best part about RollinThunr posts is he is more than willing to play the victim while accusing everyone of the same behavior.

Lulz! Perfectly said. It just makes you want to break out the world's tiniest violin for him, doesn't it?

Says the guy who runs from threads after one post 9 out of 10 times. Why don't you people just admit you're beta and move on. We know already.

Sorry if I'm not as invested in a thread as you are, generally speaking I've got better things to do than babysitting threads constantly to see if someone like yourself has replied with some meaningless drivel, I don't really consider my willingness to reply to internet comments a measure of my manhood, as you seem to think it is. A lot of what I could or would say already gets said, so I figure If I don't have anything I feel is worth adding, there is no need to comment. If you're so concerned about getting who is getting the last word I think the only thing it's proving is how childish you can be.

More importantly you're an admitted troll, so I think you should be happy anyone is willing to interact with you at all.

12. Re: Morning Metaverse May 29, 2013, 14:19 Draugr

RollinThundr wrote on May 29, 2013, 13:27:
m00t wrote on May 29, 2013, 12:12:
Good to see the MRA-tards out in force. Thanks for outing yourselves!
[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img35/7840/righte.jpg[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just gonna leave this here.

Best part about RollinThunr posts is he is more than willing to play the victim while accusing everyone of the same behavior.

619 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo