Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Draugr

Real Name Draugr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Draugr
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2006, 20:54
Total Comments 627 (Apprentice)
User ID 24786

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age II DLC Released; Web Series Begins
13. Re: Dragon Age II DLC Released; Web Series Begins Oct 12, 2011, 04:01 Draugr

Jerykk wrote on Oct 12, 2011, 03:53:
As for DX:HR, I don't recall them ever saying that the game would be PC-exclusive. I vaguely recall them claiming PC was the lead SKU, which was a lie, but the final product ended up being a worthy entry into the series anyway, unlike DX2.

The only thing I remember them saying in regards to the PC release is they realize that some attention needs to be given to the PC release that the console releases don't. I think they did a fine job. I also remember seeing some videos with the dev discussing PC features as well, so clearly it was something they put some thought into. After DX2 I'm sure they were concerned with making sure they didn't have the same issues DX2 had, and wanted to assure it's potential customers as well

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age II DLC Released; Web Series Begins
12. Re: Dragon Age II DLC Released; Web Series Begins Oct 12, 2011, 03:53 Draugr

Acleacius wrote on Oct 12, 2011, 03:21:
That maybe true, though I feel like *Port* is an afterthought. After thinking about the development of DA. I recall them starting the game description with PC DESIGNED GAME, but by the end it was clear (at least to me) the hype slowly started changing to consoles. Remember near the end of development all those videos with the nonstop action, nothing was really about PC RPG interests, it was to attract console gamers.

Same thing happened to DX3, they started off saying PC only. Then in the end, it was clear PC version was the Port (afterthought).

Just saying the games could be better with less cost. It's poor management of resources, marketing and gameplay features. The worst part is they are throwing away this money and fan good will for *perception*. The perception that consoles are as good as PC.

Oh and m$ funding (remember those billions of dollars m$ is willing to throwaway lose to make their console mandatory viable?) which requires consoles be the lead platform.

DA:O had a seperate SKU for PC, I don't know how much more clearly that could be made. I've certainly had no issue with the way Bioware handles their PC releases. DX:HR was also well done on the PC, I had no issues or complaints (that come to mind, I could be missing something.) DA2 wasn't worked on separately, and certainly has things going against it, but a bad PC release isn't on the list for me, in that regard it has little issue.
It's not odd at all to see the marketing geared more towards the console market, there is more money to be made there.

To me, the issue I have is not with the PC releases, but just bad work we have seen from them lately, hopefully its an issue that rests more with the DA team itself, the ME series seems to be doing okay (I would have liked ME2 to be more RPG/exploration heavy, basically I wanted it to be more like ME1, but it's still not a bad game, it looks like I'll say the same thing of ME3.)

News Comments > Dragon Age II Web Series Begins
1. Re: Dragon Age II Web Series Begins Oct 11, 2011, 18:30 Draugr

The writing and directing for this are absolutely terrible, even for a web series

Production values as well, but I'm not going to hold that against a web series, as it's par for the course.

News Comments > More on Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer
9. Re: More on Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Oct 11, 2011, 00:31 Draugr

More Info:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/8481789/1

Still lame!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2011, 17:14 Draugr

I wish people would stop pretending Steve Jobs, a person who made toys for adults, is some paragon of humanity. I'm certainly not happy that he died, but it's just as ridiculous as when Michael Jackson died.

How many headlines is Martin Cooper going to generate when he passes away? My guess is there will be little to no buzz about it, and I would consider his contributions far more significant.

I guess the moral of the story is celebrity is ridiculous, really.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed
39. Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed Oct 10, 2011, 15:44 Draugr

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 13:51:
Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 13:39:
I was totally underwhelmed with ME2, and the addition of multiplayer to ME3 only makes me less interested because it means they are taking away resources that could have been making the single player game better to work on a feature that I don't care about. Plus, fuck EA. Might pick it up when all the ineveitable DLC has been trickled out and they have bundled up for dirt cheap. Maybe.

Did ME2 ever have an edition with all the DLC bundled?

Creston

Well said.

And just like with DA2, it's something not few people were asking for, but it's getting put in anyway, an extension of trying to please people who have no desire to play their game. No Gears of War player who already isn't in to mass effect is going to be sold on it. They will still look at it, say 'all this dialogue is stupid, why can't i be shooting things' and then go back to a game that isn't trying to straddle a fence. Just like how in DA2 they tried appealing players who (generally)didn't wanna play their game to begin with, and they ended up with less sales than before.

Personally, they should have just held off on this and made it DLC or something. For a lot of people, if ME3 doesn't turn out they way they want, this will be the scapegoat, (whether it is deserving or not.)

The only way this could have been appealing to me is if it was drop in/out co-op, so a friend could play a party member. As it is though it looks like standalone missions, which has little to no appeal for me.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2011, 18:20 Draugr

I can't believe I've been going to this site for nearly 15 years.

I think it's the only website I go to that can hold that honor.

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
8. Re: id On RAGE Oct 7, 2011, 22:01 Draugr

Witcher 2 was PC exclusive and it managed to have the quality one can expect from any other AAA title.  

News Comments > Unlock RAGE Hi-Rez Textures
42. Re: Unlock RAGE Hi-Rez Textures Oct 5, 2011, 17:45 Draugr

Darks wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 17:36:
Dmitri_M wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 17:26:
Elessar wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 16:52:
Thankfully indies are still putting out fun titles, but corporatism has completely fucked this industry.

Urg. I wish people would stop bringing indies up as the salvation of PC gaming. PC gamers are complaining about a lack of "serious" high budget PC titles. A two man indie title cannot return us to 2000. Most indie titles are designed to sell well on XBLA as cheap purchases. I have no idea what that has to do with wishing that mid to large size studios were producing "proper" PC titles uncorrupted by all the cookie cutter console influenced titles. Is it that indies are somehow "cool" and apart from the studios? Ok great, but they're still not the sorts of games we wish were produced today.

You know what cracks me up Dmitri_M, is that people are pissing and moaning over the textures in this game bitching and whining about indie games. But, they will spend hours playing Minecraft and not utter one word about how shitty those textures are.

Ill just add, that yes Minecraft is fun for those people, so they over look the textures becasue its fun and an intersting game.

Well, I think RAGE is a very fun and intertesting game too, and the textures look 100 times better.

Boggles my mind!!

They aren't the same thing, not by a long shot.

When you look at a screenshot for minecraft, thats what you expect it to look like. when you look at one for rage, the same applies. The difference is for some people rage doesn't look like the screenshots some of those people, its their computer, for others, it's ID's shoddy work that is causing the issue.

The complaint isn't 'omg everything needs teh uber grafix' it's 'the game should operate correctly'

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Oct 5, 2011, 16:49 Draugr

Newer forms of media being treated as a scapegoat for societal woes? Well, isn't that new.

News Comments > Blue's Diablo III Beta Preview
35. Re: Blue's Diablo III Beta Preview Oct 4, 2011, 19:34 Draugr

RogNog wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 18:16:
We are all talking about the lack of features for continued replayability. We seem to be missing the elephant in the room here namely activision. Their model life cycle for games now is 1 maybe 2 years top. They want you to get bored of it so you buy DLC throughout the year. Their recent form has been to sell a game for 49 quid and then release DLC through the year taking the price for the game to around 100, add to that the new market place and Ill bet you will get a lot of people spending 120 on this in a year. Maybe in 2 years along come D4 a slightly tweaked version of D3 adn it all starts again.

COD is the proof that this model works, and lets face it a fanboy and their money are soon parted.

The facts are that the bean counters would real in horror at the thought of longevity in a game. In fact I ahve a funny feeling that monthly subscription for Diablo 3 is not far away

Monthly fees aren't going to happen. They already have a revenue stream built into the game (IRL money for in game items, which people can put up via auction house, which they assumedly get a cut of,) and free to play has proven consistently that it can be just as profitable as subscription based services.

All of that aside though, I don't think it would be going subscription AFTER release, no chance.

While I understand some people have complaints about always online, I always played closed battle.net, so even Diablo 2 was an always online experience for me.

I'm not saying its okay that they do it, or that they should. but the experience certainly won't have changed for me, personally. That will not be the case for everyone, of course.

News Comments > Fixed ATI RAGE Driver
7. Re: Fixed ATI RAGE Driver Oct 4, 2011, 19:28 Draugr

ledhead1969 wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 19:08:
I downloaded the drivers earlier today (had an Oct 3 date), installed, and the texture issue on the sides of the screen basically went away (can slightly see it on 5% of the screen instead of 40%). I then installed the drivers at the link above (Oct 4 date) and the game is basically broken. Texture issue is back and the game constantly locks. I guess I'll wait a bit.

I thought this game was supposed to be like Fallout3/Oblivion where you can roam around and happen across cool stuff. I don't understand why I would get that impression from the 100 movies they showed or the dozens of writeups and then the game and all the reviews would give the opposite impression. Maybe it was just wishful thinking...or...maybe I should just play the game (when it's ready) and make up my own mind.

Because consoles ruined almost all the potential this game had,

"Willits released a statement to clarify his earlier statements. He did admit that instead of having five or six wasteland environments as originally planned, Rage will now only have two because of the Xbox 360's DVD limitations (one wasteland for each Xbox 360 disc). However, these two wastelands will now encompass all the content from the five or six that were originally planned. So no content has technically been "removed" from the game -- but the Xbox 360's storage limitations did cause ID to rethink Rage's entire story structure."

I love this quote, because it says one thing and then contradicts itself.

News Comments > RAGE Tweaks
22. Re: By Far The Best id Game To Date Oct 4, 2011, 17:51 Draugr

^Drag0n^ wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 17:42:
I'm guessing he meant "+cvaradd g_fov 120"; that, or he plays with his monitor in portrait mode....

Fixed AMD driver:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU121AMDCatRagePerfDriver.aspx

News Comments > More id RAGE Midnight Madness
14. Re: More id RAGE Midnight Madness Oct 3, 2011, 21:48 Draugr

Surf wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 21:21:
Release in about 24/48 hours on Bit Torrent.

Unless it's the console version, then its already been available on a torrent for at least 3 days.

News Comments > Multiplayer Mass Effect 3?
26. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 18:52 Draugr

Rattlehead wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 17:49:
Destructoid confirms online passes for ME3

Too bad destructiod isn't bioware, otherwise that might be noteworthy.

Beyond that it's just more people looking at the same image and saying, 'see?'

News Comments > Activision Independent Games Competition
13. Re: Activision Independent Games Competition Oct 3, 2011, 17:59 Draugr

AnointedSword wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 17:09:
omg...it never ends with you guys. With the attitudes you guys have, you will be working pay check to pay check the rest of your lives. How about this, consider it a blessing a multimillion-dollar company is giving small unknowns a chance; get out there and create something worth talking about. My God people, get rid of "the corporations" are out to get me BS. You people are listening way too much to a failed presidency and a media that only supports the left at ANY cost.

Haha, of course. Let's make a bunch of assumptions about people you disagree with, just because.
CLEARLY YOU'RE ALL POOR BECAUSE YOU BADMOUTHED A CORPORATION INSTEAD OF PATTING THEM ON THE BACK.

Yes, how generous of Activision to come down off mount Olympus and throw a competition that clearly gets them loads of PR.

I don't see how politics plays into this discussion. No one can say with a straight face that Activision benefits the gaming industry/community, given their current practices, with this single exception, which on its face does appear to be commendable, but they wouldn't be throwing this if it wasn't for the PR/ a way to possibly get new talent. It's not charity, they benefit from this, and it's no sacrifice on their part.
Just because someone throws you a bone doesn't make them the hero.

If activision wasn't already singled out as company of scumbaggery, I'm sure people would sound far more supportive, but one thing doesn't make up for the litany of disservices they've performed for the industry/community.

Valve gets plenty of love, and they are a corporation. People's reactions has nothing to do with Activision being a corporation and everything to do with Activision's past business practices.

News Comments > Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week
5. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 15:32 Draugr

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 15:22:
nin wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 15:20:
Portal 2 has easily been my biggest disappointment of the year. No DLC is going to fix that.

I don't think anything can beat Dragon Age II.

Confirmed.

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
16. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 02:56 Draugr

DarkJuJu wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 02:06:
First off no one is putting a 4x ACOG on a shot gun that still wants to have a eye socket except maybe in a video game. And i have no real life experience but i am pretty sure double ought buck or slug will put big holes in flesh at point blank range./quote]

Shot? Unlikely. Slug? Yes.
A scope on a shotgun is far from fantasy.

If you have no experience in the matter perhaps its best to look into it instead of just asserting things.

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
13. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 00:58 Draugr

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 00:28:
I am pretty much done per-purchasing games. Going to wait for a sale - no game is worth $60.00....well....some exceptions:

Fallout games
GTA games
Saints Row games
Skyrim and others like it

The above games are exceptions, as the raw hours of gameplay one gets out of them, makes them worth the full price.

Why would you preorder bethesda games when you know it will at least be 2 weeks after release before they are playable?

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI "Blood" Reputation Trailer
13. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Sep 28, 2011, 19:50 Draugr

I've been playing the demo for this game and its been pretty entertaining. it's clear they simplified it to some extent but the gameplay is still pretty solid.

If an isometric view is your concern you'll be happy to know it still exists, its just not a fixed camera angle.

627 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo