Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Draugr

Real Name Draugr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Draugr
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2006, 20:54
Total Comments 626 (Apprentice)
User ID 24786

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare "Considering" Mass Effect 3 Ending Feedback
81. Re: The ending is fine... Mar 19, 2012, 19:10 Draugr

JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 18:39:

Spoken like someone who hasn't played any of the games.

Actually, I did play all the games. But unlike most of the people that are complaining about how it ended, I don't want to play Mass Effect 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 191, 2,147, 203,474, etc, with it being the same thing over and over again milked for all it's worth.

It was a great trilogy, it was wrapped up, now we move onto the next.

I think you are making two mistakes, the first being they plan and planned on releasing more Mass effect games after initial trilogy. They just won't be directly related to the Shepard story line. Just recently there was a story on gaming sites talking about how the MP in ME3 was actually going to be a standalone FPS multi-player game in the ME universe, set to come out after ME3. Eventually it got scrapped and its remnants thrown into ME3. This is a perfect example.

No one is asking for Shepard's story to be never-ending, (Perhaps some want this, but it's presumptuous to assume all want this) what they are asking for a satisfying conclusion to the story.

You're almost arguing against something no one is arguing for, and has already been decided by EA anyway. People are arguing that the ending sucks, not that the games shouldn't end.
You'll be getting more Mass Effect games whether they are wanted or not. Just like they said before ME3 though, They will probably be unrelated to Shepard's story-line. They actually said they WONT be related to Shepard's storyline, but considering this situation and how they decide to handle it it's possible that could change with some DLC or something.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Beamdog on Possible Baldur's Gate III Kickstart
34. Re: Beamdog on Possible Baldur's Gate III Kickstart Mar 19, 2012, 14:55 Draugr

Techie714 wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 10:44:
DnD Ruleset

3.5 > 4.0

That's right!! I said it!

Safest comment ever.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Countdown to Tomorrow
16. Re: Baldur's Gate Countdown to Tomorrow Mar 15, 2012, 00:33 Draugr

ASeven wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 00:30:
Some rumors mention this might be a Kickstarter for BGIII but more than likely it's just a HD remake.

That'd be awesome, But yeah, Fairly sure it will be something unremarkable.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leaked
57. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 15:49 Draugr

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 15:35:
Dev wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 11:48:
Maybe they should focus a teeny tiny bit more on console piracy.
EA Drone: There is no piracy on consoles.

More like MS's and Sony's line. EA is willing to drink the kool-aid, though.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock in April
7. Re: Legend of Grimrock in April Mar 2, 2012, 19:08 Draugr

I'm a little sad it will only be about 10 hours.

Not that I'm saying it's inadequate, but this is such a rare type of game now that I'm almost certain it won't feel like enough by the time I'm done.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 at GDC
14. Re: Unreal Engine 4 at GDC Feb 28, 2012, 02:18 Draugr

Kitkoan wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 00:40:
Dev wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 00:04:
Kitkoan wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 23:29:
Well if the Unreal Engine 3.5 demo of Samaritan is any indication, it could be quite the thing to see.
The most impressive thing is that that is NOT a pre-rendered cut scene. It was rendered in REAL TIME.

Only problem is good luck seeing any game running something like that. The demo ran a very large rig (I think I heard rumors it was done on a triple SLI GTX 560's (technically "off-the-shelf" like they claim, but who has that kinda power?) and it also ran at a speed of 2.5 teraflop, which is beyond what the XBox 720 is supposed to be able to do even (read more here).

A game like this would need a nice budget from a big company and they won't make a game that won't run on any console. So until they can fine tune the code to support the XBox 720/PS4 to make a game like this run on those, keep waiting. (I think it will take 2-3 years after release of those consoles at least until you start seeing this)

It was 2 or 3 580's

They also said though that if they went about optimizing the engine that they could have it running on a single 580. Still quite the bar for entry, but not as daunting horsepower-wise as some suspected.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 = 40 Hours
31. Re: Mass Effect 3 = 40 Hours Feb 27, 2012, 19:02 Draugr

Slashman wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 18:04:
I dunno. I don't think ME3 is worth $60. I'm not going to argue that it may be worth $50, but there aren't many games I'd pay $60 for. Skyrim is one of them based on the number of hours of game I get and the fact that its a fun game whose potential is multiplied 100-fold by mods alone.

I don't think either of them are worth 60 bucks, to me they just appear to have similar value. Just as I did with Skyrim, I'll hold off until its a little cheaper. I bought Skyrim at 40 bucks, iIrc. I'll probably do the same with Mass Effect 3.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 = 40 Hours
26. Re: Mass Effect 3 = 40 Hours Feb 27, 2012, 17:52 Draugr

wrlwnd wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 17:03:
such a joke compared to Skyrim.

I bought Skyrim at full price.

I'll buy ME3 at about the $10 to $15 price point.

Fail.
It's Apples and Oranges. The only thing these games really have in common is that they fall under the genre 'Action/RPG.' The games are trying to achieve two different goals (from a gameplay perspective) Though there are things that Skyrim outdoes ME on, and visa versa.

Of course, if you really need someone to point out the differences in these games, then you just haven't even tried. I would argue they are of similar value, for differing reasons.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Weapon Tweaks Planned
4. Re: Battlefield 3 Weapon Tweaks Planned Feb 23, 2012, 02:03 Draugr

Bucky wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 23:57:
I just got back into BF3 over the weekend, and I like most of these changes. The fore grip change is the most significant, as it will reduce horizontal recoil less (mini-nerf) but will also increase minimum spread (if I'm reading it right-big nerf). It's gone from being a must have attachment to, in my eyes, dropping it in favor of something else.

My preference is for medium rate of fire weapons with good recoil and spread, which is why the M416 is still my favorite gun. Fortunately it looks like it's been left alone, except for the damage buff that all of the assault rifles are getting.

M416
FirstSRecoilMul 2 -> 2.4 -> 2.0

Thats quite the bump on the recoil mutliplier

News Comments > Black Ops 2 Rumor
15. Re: Black Ops 2 Rumor Feb 18, 2012, 23:56 Draugr

Hump wrote on Feb 18, 2012, 22:51:
Please spare me the "OMG teh integrity of teh JOURNALIST!"

This isn't an embedded reporter in Afghanistan or a journo investigating lobbyist abuses. Its about fucking GAMES. Publishers and game journos respect embargoes and NDA's on a regular basis. Is that unethical? Acti stepped on their cock, had the piece removed and asked Gameblog to do the same with their story. They didn't ask them to overlook payola for a good review, they asked them to remove it because they probably had a significant dollar amount invested in an official roll-out. Gameblog, instead of just having the courtesy of taking it down, decided it would be a good opportunity to join the ranks of victim culture and rally against the big bad evil corporation....MAAANNNNN! I normally side with the underdog in issues akin to this but this is such a blatant attempt at attention whoring for a minor site that I refuse to have any empathy for these hypersensitive babies.

They can do as they please, and they have. Activision can flip the hell out all they want, and they have.
It's really an issue with Amazon that put them into this situation. Gameblog taking down their post over it wouldn't have made it go away, so them keeping it up doesn't make 'damage control' any more difficult, Amazon ruined their exclusivity deal (if any, game announcements generally aren't exclusive to anyone, It's just timed, previews, however, are exclusive, as they actually have information in them. but this was no leaked preview, this was a leaked game title that everyone already knew was coming out) so basically they are just picking on them with their response of "Fine! I'm taking my ball and going home." Turns out they are both playing the victim card.

Whether or not you agree with them is moot.
This ruins nothing for Activision, they still get to make piles of money when it gets released. Their response to the situation certainly doesn't garner them any good will. It will cost them more than anything (if it costs them anything.) Amazon screwed up and now Activision say's it's all gameblog's fault, even though if gameblog complied with their request it'd still be on every other gaming blog/site, on twitter, on facebook, etc. And Amazon would still be the people responsible for the leak. Activision has handled this horribly, their response doesn't garner them any good-will from the community. With few exceptions, like yourself, of course.

"Publishers and game journos respect embargoes and NDA's on a regular basis."
And just like "REAL" journalists, sometimes they don't, and sometimes they are even punished like gameblog was, but that doesn't make them bad at their jobs, and criticize integrity all you want, but some poeple take it more seriously than others.
Of course, this can just be a traffic (and therefore money) grab from gameblog, but you claim that's Activision's motivation as well, so I guess they are equal footing when it comes to the moral high-ground.

"they asked them to remove it because they probably had a significant dollar amount invested in an official roll-out."
For a preview yes, but not really for announcing 'new' projects. Even if it did cost them, it's a Drop in the bucket compared to the real revenue this game will pull in, and once again, they should speak to amazon about revealing that information for other people to look at if they want to avoid leaks in the future.

Lets see how this played out:

Activision - more people dislike them.
Gameblog.fr - more hits/day.

12. Re: Black Ops 2 Rumor Feb 18, 2012, 22:25 Draugr

William Usher wrote on Feb 18, 2012, 21:45:
Hump wrote on Feb 18, 2012, 15:00:
For once I'm siding with Acti as much as that pains me. Gameblog are acting as if they are being targeted like political prisoners in a 3rd world nation. Acti messed up and released something by mistake. They asked Gameblog to remove the piece since acti probably had plans for a major roll-out and all the costs involved with that. Instead Gameblog decided to create drama and ignore whatever business relationship etiquette they had to garner attention for their site. Now theyre crying to the game press that they received "unfair" pressure when acti decided to exclude them from future product roll outs etc. Theres no constitutional guarantee of equal access to game announcements. Gameblog acted like petulant little brats and Acti gave them what they deserved. Fuck 'em

Ahaha, yeah because obviously Gameblog would have been a top-of-the-crop pick for an exclusive Call of Duty announcement? Don't kid yourself.

And it obviously didn't pain you to side with Activision, we all know one of the big dogs in the yard will get the "exclusive" reveal and all the smaller guys will fight for the scraps. It's pathetic the way the gaming industry press works.

What's worse is that these guys did legitimate legwork and you're balking at them for being whiney? I hope you're not the same kind of gamer who complains about Top 5 lists and "fan-service" articles because that would pretty much make you anti-video game press.

You'll also notice Activision's and Amazon's relationship will remain unaffected, despite the fact that THEY were the people who actually ruined any exclusivity deals they may or may not have had with gameinformer.

Of course, it's easier to just blame a journalist for doing their job, and then screwing yourself out of the free advertising space on their site by blacklisting them. Even if Gameblog complied and took down the article, the news would already be out, and there'd be no stopping it. The issue was caused by Amazon, they should talk to amazon if you want to avoid leaks in the future.

10. Re: Black Ops 2 Rumor Feb 18, 2012, 20:55 Draugr

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 18, 2012, 20:34:
nin wrote on Feb 18, 2012, 20:23:
Transformers isn't a movie tie-in, thankfully. It's a mediocre game in it's own right.

With no pc port this time around.

THank god - they turn those games all with the same crappy engine and crappy gameplay. Hulk, Spiderman, Transformers, Superman - all of those games SUCKED.

It is as though they all use the same template and just put in their own models and levels.

Not really, Transformers was more akin to gears of war, sans cover mechanics (IIRC) than anything of those games you've described. Both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were well done, as well. Just because there's a transformers movie doesn't mean the video game is a tie in, Just like Arkham City and Arkham Asylum weren't movie tie ins. I think there were some transformer games based on the movies but they were laughably horrible, which is why people have the Knee Jerk reaction they do, when they see stuff like this.

But yeah, franchise games either suck, or are mediocre at best.
There are a few exceptions to the rule, though.

9. Re: Black Ops 2 Rumor Feb 18, 2012, 20:46 Draugr

nin wrote on Feb 18, 2012, 20:23:
Transformers isn't a movie tie-in, thankfully. It's a mediocre game in it's own right.

With no pc port this time around.

Well then they an walk off a cliff!

That being said, that PC port was particularly atrocious, so Perhaps they are doing us a favor ;). Capped at 30fps without 3rd party tools, being the most glaring issue.

6. Re: Black Ops 2 Rumor Feb 18, 2012, 19:11 Draugr

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 18, 2012, 16:52:
It sounds like Gameblog did pretty well out of this, as they scored the exclusive reveal on one of the biggest games of the year. Their "punishment" was being uninvited to an event for a shitty movie tie-in game. Activision should know that once the cat-is-out-of-the-bag it can't be put back in again, so they shouldn't punish websites for reporting it; I do see it as a large publisher throwing its weight around.

Yeah, that's awesome how they punish the blog for amazons screw up. Classy.
As you said, when the cats out of the bag there is no getting it back in. Gameblog could have complied with their request and we'd still know. What makes it even more laughable is that everyone knew activion was ramping up to release their annual cod expansion as they said they wanted to 'madden' the cod franchise ages ago.(with the same awesome pricing scheme) so this really isn't news to anyone, all it does is confirm a title, which is irrelevant, the rest will be more of the same.

Good on the people of Gameblog for telling Activision no, Everyone knows lots of sites would roll right over. If Activision wants to punish the website by depriving themselves of free advertising, no one will stop them.

News Comments > MechWarrior Tactics Countdown
15. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Countdown Feb 15, 2012, 01:10 Draugr

It would actually be pretty awesome if this was either like Mechcommander, or like the tabletop game itself, which would be sweet. It would make sense given the type of game that the tabletop game is and the "Tactics" line being included in the title.  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Feb 11, 2012, 18:45 Draugr

QTE's could disappear entirely and I would be okay with that...
Of course, for some games this makes them into more of a movie than a game. Rarely do QTEs add anything of value to games.

Like has been said before... If I'm watching a cinematic, the last thing I expect or WANT, is to be interrupted to push a button.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 FemShep Trailer
10. Re: Mass Effect 3 FemShep Trailer Feb 11, 2012, 04:56 Draugr

Fion wrote on Feb 11, 2012, 01:44:
This fantastic voice actress also voices the female commando in SW:TOR. She's one of the best, and an obvious favorite at Bioware.

Yeah,Jennifer Hale is just a more experienced voice actress and it shows in her work. They are both pretty good though, I enjoyed them both. Granted with the amount of dialogue that they do there are always going to be some totally flubbed lines, but overall Femshep wins in voice acting, for me.

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit
64. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 7, 2012, 19:45 Draugr

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 18:09:
justice7 wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 16:24:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 15:56:
Ugh. There's no such thing as a FPS/TPS game where console controller is better. Thumb knobbies are horrible compared to mouse/kb precision. It's fine if that's what you like, but they certainly aren't better in any objective sense.

Yes, they are. The fact that you do not have variable movement speed with a keyboard is the pure limitation of its class of control. The difference here, is that the mouse has more accurate control of direction on an X,Y scale.

Since you cannot press 1/3 of WASD, it leaves something to be desired for a "perfect" control scheme.
Why would that be any kind of benefit in a FPS/TPS game? Even if it did convey a benefit, it certainly wouldn't outweigh the ridiculous loss of accuracy. That's been well-established when pitting console players against PC players.

justice7 wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 16:24:
I'm as much of a PC Gamer as the next guy, quite adept with FPS gaming with the mouse, however the controller allows me to kick back on the big screen, surround sound and recliner; with PC graphics to boot. It's been said several times even here in Blues comments that the UI was made for a console. Well, the PC works as the best console on the planet.
UI made for console just means it is annoying and takes too long to get to anything, not that it actually works better with a controller. It's just designed with the limitations of a controller in mind.

Also, SkyUI. If people aren't using it then they are letting down humanity.

News Comments > etc.
195. Re: etc. Feb 2, 2012, 16:13 Draugr

yuastnav wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 14:26:
Draugr wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 20:42:
[...]
Now lets looks at child labor (it exists elsewhere, but has been virtually eradicated in America.) [...]

Oh really? :p

Heheh, Yeah, that's one of the reasons I chose the example.
Just as anticipated, " everyone looks at them like they are crazy."
We can all see how well that worked out for him, lol.

News Comments > etc.
191. Re: etc. Feb 2, 2012, 01:03 Draugr

RailWizard wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 22:44:
I should've clarified I was talking only about religion with regards to the 'argument'. My bad.

My comment about Majority similarly was about all religion, not just Christians, also more 'global' than just 'America'. Islam, for example, takes bit of a harsher view of homosexuals, as you are probably aware, but that was not my point. It was merely a comment of religion vs. no religion.

Sorry about that, when you said "democratic mantra" I took that to mean people living in democracies, specifically america. As you know the world as a whole isn't a democracy. and the majority doesn't always rule.
There are civil and human rights violations everywhere around the globe, to more than just homosexuals. It's almost a different discussion entirely due to all of the other factors concerned, religion only being one of them.

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2012, 01:42.

626 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo