Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Draugr

Real Name Draugr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Draugr
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2006, 20:54
Total Comments 612 (Apprentice)
User ID 24786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warplanes Takes Off
13. Re: World of Warplanes Takes Off Nov 13, 2013, 20:12 Draugr

Asmo wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 19:18:
But in combat, the instructor stops you from pulling the more extreme manouvers including stalls etc. You also have no analog control over turns which means every turn is pulling as hard on the stick as possible, then the instructor mitigates the ill effects.

You can disable some of the instructor behaviors, which helps.
You need to go into the .ini and change the settings yourself, but they have said they are going to have these settings in-game later, and while it's not officially supported you're not at risk for messing with these settings.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warplanes Takes Off
9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2013, 14:29 Draugr

Tumbler wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 14:11:
Rigs wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 13:18:
is the one shot 'You've been Incapacitated' deal. I fuckin' HATE that! Especially when going against bombers that have rear guns/turrets (which the AI controls), they can take you out in less than 5 seconds with two shots! Your engine is just as vulnerable in that situation as well. I don't know if it's realistic, but it sure is aggravating as all hell gameplay-wise!
=-Rigs-=

Heh, I feel like it is realistic because the early planes deal with that way more than later planes so I have to assume the later planes have better armor to deflect bullets. As you move up I find it happens less often or maybe I've just stopped using approaches that make those shots common.

The bombers in general feel overpowered, they're extremely hard to shoot down, the AI is brutal in the turrets and it's common to simply kill the pilot rather than shoot down the plane. You can even equip the turrets with armor piercing bullets! (typically toward the end of the bomber tech tree)

But this also happens as pilots in a bomber. You'll be flying a B25 with a ton of guns on the front, going head on, thinking, hahah, I got you now! POWPOWPOWPOW, DING, you're dead. SON OF A !#$!$!%. You get to watch your bomber falling to the groud...

I think it has mostly to do wth the lead indicator in arcade mode, in historical battles the amount of 'headshots' I dole out and recieve is significantly less.
AS many here no doubt are aware, the lead indicator basically is centered on the center of gravity of the plane your aiming at (which may in fact be a terrible spot to shoot at,) so if you actually aim 'around' the lead indicator, it can be more effective at taking people out (i.e., roughly aiming a little ahead of the indicator is going target their engine and probably pilot more effectively.)

News Comments > FTL: Faster Than Light Expansion Next Year
14. Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Expansion Next Year Nov 11, 2013, 23:38 Draugr

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 21:38:
Now if only I could get vanilla events to line up so I could finally get that damned crystal cruiser...

I seem to recall there being an update that addressed this issue. Far after it should have been fixed of course, but it silently happened.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
14. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 7, 2013, 15:52 Draugr

Silicon Avatar wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 14:55:
Galciv 3 is something I'm pretty excited for. I was happy to read they had already been working on it 2 years.

I'm excited to see they have some new artists in there, while GalCiv 2 was awesome I don't consider it pretty by any means.

News Comments > Steam Box Previews
13. Re: Steam Box Previews Nov 4, 2013, 15:09 Draugr

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 14:09:
However, I've said it before: OpenGL just doesn't have the chops to compete with the likes of DirectX/Direct3D at this point. Hopefully this will bring the pressure required to finally bring OGL into the current gen.

Microsoft should be patting itself on the back for what appears to be a job well done.

I don't know who told you that about OpenGL, but it's incorrect.

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released
8. Re: Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released Nov 1, 2013, 04:25 Draugr

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 00:04:
Draugr wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 23:09:
Simon Says wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 22:01:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 20:22:
Glad they found the time to finish up the DLC. Have they found the time to finish the game yet?

Actually, that should've been in the original release, that's puke in the plate DLC at it's finest. Disgusting.

If DLC is free then it affects the rating of the game, by charging a fee for this they get to avoid an M rating, which they might see as important.

Not that releasing dumb DLC just to squeeze money out isn't anything new, and obviously that can still fit under that description.

Free or paid doesn't matter, if a DLC is provided in a separately licensed package, it gets its own rating if needed and does not affect the rating of the base game. Yes, I've googled this shit today, because every doofus on the internet is using that excuse. There's nothing stopping them from releasing the DLC for free (see the high-res texture pack for Skyrim, etc.), so if it's not the rating and it's not a technical limitation, it's just greed.

Which is something I acknowledged, it can certainly be both.

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released
5. Re: Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released Oct 31, 2013, 23:09 Draugr

Simon Says wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 22:01:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 20:22:
Glad they found the time to finish up the DLC. Have they found the time to finish the game yet?

Actually, that should've been in the original release, that's puke in the plate DLC at it's finest. Disgusting.

If DLC is free then it affects the rating of the game, by charging a fee for this they get to avoid an M rating, which they might see as important.

Not that releasing dumb DLC just to squeeze money out isn't anything new, and obviously that can still fit under that description.

News Comments > Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained
14. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 20, 2013, 17:26 Draugr

Kajetan wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 16:18:
WaltC wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 15:02:
You *have* to mean Dungeon Siege 2--LOL...;)
No. Dungeon Siege 1.

No extro, no movie, no credits rolling after finishing Gom, just one single text screen. Just look it up on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bURD6vIr1-c

News Comments > Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released
8. Re: Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released Oct 17, 2013, 16:30 Draugr

Guess I'll wait for a sale, 25 is too much.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
57. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 18:07 Draugr

Quboid wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 17:40:
It's impossible to say with any accuracy at all, but it would be really interesting to know what North America would be like now if the Confederate States had left the US. With the US lead largely on US liberal lines (which is still quite right-wing by global standards, in so far as "left" and "right" isn't bullshit) and the confederate states lead on some sort of libertarian/Tea Party combination.

We all think we know of course. We all think that <<my ideology here>> would be strong and stable while <<other ideology>> would be economically crippled. Of course <<my ideology>> would be the land of the free while <<other ideology>> would be an authoritarian nightmare because one of the weird things about the US left versus right shit slinging is that both sides think the other are bigoted fascists. Perhaps because some members of each side are bigoted fascists, but <<other ideology>> definitely has more. <<ideology-affirming TV network>> said so.

That doesn't work because one of those nations would have institutionalized slavery, (provided it wasn't done away with later) So the whole "who is more free" thing would only apply if you were talking to white people, heh.

54. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 18:02 Draugr

scarlet wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 17:49:
France is fine? With a growth rate of 0.0%? What would be great be? What would bad be?

Let me be more specific, 'just fine' can obviously be very ambiguous, France is plodding along and while growth hasn't been explosive, it HAS been there (commendable when that isn't the case compared to the norm) and has been reducing their defecits quite a bit in the meantime, while avoiding explosive unemployment like others have suffered, which also means growth isn't as important as it is in these other situation (though it is still good.) They seem to be on the road to recovery and in this regard they are doing 'just fine'

Also I don't know where you got a zero number, unless it's outdated data. The growth isn't big but its there, which is better than many can say.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/france/gdp-growth

47. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 17:40 Draugr

Quboid wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 17:32:
You guys realise that the EU hasn't actually disappeared into a black hole? Some of the countries have very serious debt problems, sure, but we're still here. I'm still here.

Most of the EU has economic growth and only the basket cases (Greece and Cyprus) are showing big problems. Spain and Italy are still struggling, not as much but as they're much larger countries any problems are magnified.

And they need to deal with the Euro, which makes their situation totally different than ours, as we have control over our currency, and for many of those EU nations that cannot be said. The Comparisons just don't hold up, there are too many differences when you're not in charge of your own currency.

Also there are many EU nations that are recovering just fine. France, for example.

43. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 17:32 Draugr

scarlet wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 17:20:
Beamer, I wouldn't say conservatives/tea party-types were up in arms of the soda ordinance in NYC-mischaracterization. But, they did how asinine it was that Bloomberg feels people are incompetent to decide for themselves what size cola they wish to drink.

"Control your reproductive systems"? Are you speaking about the killing of unborn children? We can all agree pedophilia/sexual exploitation and predation is disgusting and reprehensible, but on the same hand the killing of an unborn is something that should be protected?

A person can be tried for double homicide if a pregnant woman is murdered. Isn't life worth protecting or has society become so deprived of humanity?

"The tea party gets people up in arms over controlling stupid shit, like how large a soda you can buy, while making its party members believe it's ok to control the shit that matters, like your reproductive system."

Called it, Beamer!

39. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 17:23 Draugr

scarlet wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 14:17:
We don't need 100% of states to pass a new amendment to limit the Federal leviathan, only 2/3's majority to propose only 3/4's majority to pass. Not easy, but doable.

You assume that just because people aren't happy with the government most people want the same thing you do. I think you could get all those people to agree they aren't happy about it, but if you think they all want to move further right like yourself, then you'd be mistaken, which is why what you propose is a pipe dream. States rights is not a thing most Americans are concerned with, which is why the tea party is a marginal group of people in comparison to the US population (that's not to say they don't have influence, of course.)

36. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 17:09 Draugr

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:43:
I find it funny when liberals mention the Koch brothers. They are like a drop of water in the ocean compared to the amount of money George Soros invests in left wing progressive groups such as Media Matters and SEIU. Then MSNBC gets all their "news" (marching orders) from Media Matters and the Obama administration.

I also find it funny when liberals in Texas bitch about Republicans. It must really suck living in a state with such low unemployment and no income taxes. If you're so miserable come up here to Connecticut. 30 years of liberal Democrat rule has rendered my state broke and all the businesses are leaving to...gasp...TEXAS.

Yet, nobody was arguing that one of these Soros backed group was grassroots movement, as some constantly try to do with the tea party so it's not really the same thing at all.

34. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 16:48 Draugr

Beamer wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:44:
Dirwulf wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:31:
Draugr wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 16:20:
scarlet wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 14:29:
The tea party movement is truly a grassroots movement, not a giant political machine like the Republican or Democratic parties.

Hahaha.

I guess he's never heard of the Koch brothers.
The Tea Party was grass roots, true. Then, as mentioned, it became the tool of billionaires looking to control us.

The sad thing is people think it's trying to do the opposite. The tea party gets people up in arms over controlling stupid shit, like how large a soda you can buy, while making its party members believe it's ok to control the shit that matters, like your reproductive system.

Look over there, a three headed monkey!

Indeed so, we could claim that there were angry people complaining for a week and then those people were appropriated into what would become the tea party apparatus.

I mean when there is a cable network Sharing rally times and dates constantly, and then also proceed to do some sort of Emceeing for some of those events, it's hard case to make.

29. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2013, 16:20 Draugr

scarlet wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 14:29:
The tea party movement is truly a grassroots movement, not a giant political machine like the Republican or Democratic parties.

Hahaha.

News Comments > NVIDIA: "No Longer Possible" for Consoles to Better PC Graphics
39. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 24, 2013, 14:52 Draugr

jdreyer wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 13:33:
1. The same "8 core" CPUs that AMD has been selling to PC makers for years?

Actually as I uderstand it, it's a tablet CPU, so it most PC gamers already have a CPU that can match or outperform the console CPUs.

As many have said, the only people who will be shocked to hear something like this are naive consumers who gobble up marketing materials.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
11. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 15:21 Draugr

El Pit wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 15:13:
They learned it the hard way, but at least they understood the message and will eat their crow in the end. Now, add an offline mode to D3, and you deserve another chance, ActiBlizz.

I think that again it's all about the money, not the balance of the game.

They know they can sell more copies of the expansion by doing this, and they clearly think that will net them more money then keeping the AH open with an expansion that less people would buy otherwise.

So, why does this game need to be online all the time now? I mean the reasoning was flimsy at best before, but now...

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
38. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 16:49 Draugr

Malachii wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 11:26:
I still wonder if this was from a no name company with a different name if opinions would different.

They'd be different in that nobody would be playing it. Instead we'd get posts with more honest assessments. Turns out when people aren't already drinking the kool-aid it takes a bit of convincing.

Sure, there would still be people playing it, but I'd say the success of Diablo 3 has mostly to do with the name on the box, just as those who DON'T like it for X, Y or Z reason, may not like it because of the name on the box.

612 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo