Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Draugr

Real Name Draugr   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Draugr
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 5, 2006, 20:54
Total Comments 612 (Apprentice)
User ID 24786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Obsidian Kickstarter
70. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 19:01 Draugr

Creston wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 17:15:
Draugr wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 17:12:
Creston wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 17:08:
One thing I'm a little worried about: Avellone and someone else are working with Fargo on Wasteland 2. So is he going to work on both projects at once? Is he going to finish Wasteland 2 first? Is he going to just stop working on that?

Creston

Maybe I missed it, but they also didn't discuss a time frame.

Yeah, that's a good point. I doubt Avellone would walk out on his promise to help with Wasteland 2 (especially since it was a stretch goal, so I'm pretty sure he's getting PAID to do so.) They may just want to get the money in and get started with the design and some tools etc.

Creston

It occurs to me the estimated delivery date on the rewards section is Apr 2014, so I guess that's when they plan to have it out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 17:29 Draugr

ViRGE wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 17:20:
Am I the only one that finds Obsidian using Kickstarter to be a bit repugnant? They're an established developer - they should be going to a publisher and doing it right, not hitting up gamers for money before they've even begun. It's like a millionaire panhandling.

It's almost like they find publishers to be as annoying as we perceive them to be.

I don't see how kickstarter campaigns and Panhandling are similar. There is risk certainly but provided everything goes well you'll see a return. Whether or not your happy with it though, that's another matter entirely.

37. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 17:12 Draugr

Creston wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 17:08:
One thing I'm a little worried about: Avellone and someone else are working with Fargo on Wasteland 2. So is he going to work on both projects at once? Is he going to finish Wasteland 2 first? Is he going to just stop working on that?

Creston

Maybe I missed it, but they also didn't discuss a time frame.

33. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 17:06 Draugr

John wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 16:05:
Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 15:54:
Eh, the weakest part of Baldur's Gate and especially Planescape Torment was the real time with pause combat. These type of games work best when turnbased.
I actually prefer the pause system over turn-based combat because it feels more realistic to me. You can pause it and give them all their commands then watch it action instead of spending more time taking turns attacking.

Just my opinion though! I still don't mind turn-based games (and backed Wasteland 2 as well) but prefer to pause to give orders.

I like it too. I can see the arguments against it when trying applying it to D&D, for example, but I don't consider the method flawed at all.

17. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 16:04 Draugr

nin wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 15:55:
Literally going up with every refresh...amazing, and awesome.

Any bets for the end of day 1?

Love to see a chart with the traffic, minute by minute...

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/

not minute by minute, but in a couple days that site will have some more data to pull

News Comments > Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? "Screw It"
20. Re: Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? Sep 14, 2012, 02:14 Draugr

Guys, you don't get it do you?
THINK OF ALL THE EXTRA COPIES THEY COULD HAVE SOLD IF THEY HAD SOMETHING LIKE UBISOFTS DRM SCHEME!!~!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 13, 2012, 13:54 Draugr

ledhead1969 wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 12:04:
Is 2 GB of memory going to be an issue?

From what it sounds like they are expecting you to be running external storage. (they have support for external HDDs out of box.)

And I agree with others here, it's too pricey.

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
156. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 8, 2012, 14:42 Draugr

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 13:48:
Draugr wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 01:26:

Funny you had to put that in quotes, as that wasn't an argument. That was an example of how there were people ages ago who thought Child labor laws were for pussies, but now if somebody said up they'd get laughed off the stage, as we feel its worthwhile that our citizens (in this case children) are protected from exploitation.

Uh, that's what a straw man is... hehe. Anyway, its pretty clear that you come from a culture outside the US, and your pseudo-intellectual responses lead me to believe you are from India originally? You are just going around in circles without actually saying anything. I'm sure it sounds good to you while you are thinking of it, but at this point, it borders on bleeding-heart babble.

No, that's not a straw man. Now, If I started pretending that you were advocating against child labor laws, then yes that would be straw man territory.

It seems like you've ran out of things to say beyond your speculation of what stereotype you have in your head that you think your talking to. Which for the record, all of your suppositions about my background have all been wrong. Demographically speaking, I'm really boring. Why you're so concerned about my background is really odd too, as it's irrelevant to the conversation we're having. Why you think I'd need to be from India to advocate the employee protections that US citizens enjoy is beyond me. I find it amazing you feel the reason for thinking differently than you is because they must be a foreigner or a pothead/different from you. I think it might blow your mind to learn there are people who have an upbringing similar to yours and hold different views from you. (Not to say we share backgrounds, Id have no way of knowing that, nor do I think your background is relevant to the conversation.)

We've both been running around in circles on this topic for two days now, how is what we've done here changed at all since then? I'll summarize since sentences look like babble to you.
I feel my points (while we have been goiing in circles) hasn't really been babble, I've been advocating for the current law as I think the protections it provides to employee's benefits most everyone and is seen as acceptable in the US. you've been saying the law is dumb because you think people who want legal protection from being harassed at work are all pussies. You've said that to prove this ask an illegal immigrant what they think of employee protections in the US (of which they wouldnt be entitled), Is what your trying to say america should be more like these countries?
I don't get how you don't think that hasn't been saying anything. Maybe you need better reading comprehension skills.

To add, it's interesting you feel the reason for thinking differently than you is because they must be a foreigner or on drugs, etc. I think it mightsurprise you to learn there are people who have an upbringing and background similar to yours and hold different views from you. (Not to say we share backgrounds, Id have no way of knowing that, nor do I think your background is relevant to the conversation. I feel like my point can stand on its own without resorting to attacking the person, imagined or real, directly. )

151. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 8, 2012, 01:26 Draugr

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 00:56:
That would be your child labor laws "argument".

Funny you had to put that in quotes, as that wasn't an argument. That was an example of how there were people ages ago who thought Child labor laws were for pussies, but now if somebody said up they'd get laughed off the stage, as we feel its worthwhile that our citizens (in this case children) are protected from exploitation.

I doubt you would be in Brad's position either. Glad we both realize you don't have what it takes to own a company.

Not everyone wants to own their own business, If your assertion is you need to be willing to shit on people and narcissism is a requirement, I don't mind sitting out.

They aren't co-workers, they are his employees. He is the boss.

Good thing that distinction is irrelevant in cases like this. Let me rephrase my statement and say Management and co-workers.

If work was to have fun and be yourself they wouldn't have to pay people much.

Tell that to a rock star...

Sure, lets use the fantasy scenario a handful (relatively speaking) of people live and pretend that it applies to everyone!

Nothing to do with narcissism and everything to do with perspective. Go ask some illegal immigrant (if you speak Spanish) what he would do if his boss flirted with him. Pretty sure the answer wouldn't be to cry about it.

Sure, a theoretical anecdote proves all your points! We should use the person with no legal protections and can be threatened with being reported on if they complain as an example, they'll undoubtedly be aware of protections that exist and that they aren't entitled to. But we don't need to ask, this question was asked years ago, and then we decided legislation should be passed to protect employees, and they generally aren't unpopular policies. I get that you think this makes people weak, but there is nothing to suggest that people being treated humanely at work makes them such.

146. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 8, 2012, 00:04 Draugr

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 23:11:
Draugr wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 14:34:
Ad hominem attcks, the last refuge of someone whose argument has no legs. Needless to say I think most of us here at bluesnews are probably slightly older than 30 and I think most are family people...That certainly doesn't describe everyone, of course.

When child labor laws were passed, I'm sure there were plenty of people ready to decry it as 'the pussification of 'merica' Just like with then, I don't think employee protections is making anyone a pussy.

You may consider them pussies, but I think the person who takes the abuse up the tailpipe (as you've suggested multiple times you're willing to do.) is a bigger pussy than the person who doesn't sit there and tolerate abuse day in and day out. Cowing to their abuse and harassment may be something your okay with, but most of us expect more from a civilized society.

Maybe you and Brad can go start some Randian Fantasy Land after he theoretically shutters his company for getting sued and you guys can crap all over employee rights.

Ah, the false position of authority, the last gasp of those affected by tunnelvision. And a straw man argument on top of that? Hah. Cripes man, you are scraping.

The point is, men don't allow themselves to be victims. What you call "abuse", a man simply dismisses and doesn't cry about it. If my gay boss hits on me, I just think "that dude has good taste", and go about my day. You have drank way too much of the PC koolaid.

Civilized society... really? And you say you are over 30? I would have guessed you were some freshman in college who just got out of his sociology 101 class with those "knowledge bombs" you keep a dropping.

Fact of the matter is this. Whatever you think of this Brad guy, he owns his own company, and he pays his employees and puts food on their families tables. I can assure you that if you were in his position, and you have some sandy vagina crybaby, whose paychecks you sign, tell you how to act, you'd be a bit irate as well.

Abuse... don't make me fucking laugh dude. You have no clue what abuse is.

I don't see a straw man, and I doubt I would be in Brad's position because I understand what it means to act professional at work. If you can behave in front of a client then you can behave in front of coworkers. If work was to have fun and be yourself they wouldn't have to pay people much.
I would argue your privilege doesn't really allow you to know what abuse is, as everything can only be seen through your lense - Your narcissistic attitude causes you to only look at how you would react in a situation, and then you write off everyone who might react differently that you (willing to stand up for themselves.) as weak.

I think you perfectly understand Brad just fine as you are of like minds in this, and all you're doing here is helping to prove the point against him. The laws are in place to protect from the likes of you, you might think that makes america a bunch of pussies but I'd say they are better off for it.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 2012, 00:20.

139. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 14:41 Draugr

BobBob wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 14:40:
TheLeech wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 14:26:

Not in man world, son.

That's right.

*Woosh*

135. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 14:34 Draugr

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 11:36:
Verno wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 08:46:
Plenty of women don't want a "mans man", they can get one of those easily at a bar. Go look at a dating site sometime, I bet less half of the profiles mention "good with his hands" anymore. The whole spiel of MEN MUST BE TOUGH! attitude is antiquated, everyone must be tough and self-sufficient in today's society. The idea that only a man can have a dominant personality or physicality is silly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a man and identify with mens issues more than womens but we're not stuck in the 60s anymore no matter how much Mad Men you guys watch

Your post confuses me. If your idea being "tough" is filing a lawsuit against some guy for flirting with you... well then I pray you never have to set foot outside of your velvet lined bubble. Perhaps if you speak Spanish, ask your landscaper to describe the life he left behind in Mexico. Might give you some perspective.

As others have mentioned, the pussification of America is in full swing. You can't exactly explain what it means to be a man to someone who has never had to be one, and is constantly hand held and coddled throughout his life. I'll give you a small hint though, if you are 30 years old, live with 5 roommates and smoke pot with them while complaining about the state of "society"... you are not a man.

Ad hominem attcks, the last refuge of someone whose argument has no legs. Needless to say I think most of us here at bluesnews are probably slightly older than 30 and I think most are family people...That certainly doesn't describe everyone, of course.

When child labor laws were passed, I'm sure there were plenty of people ready to decry it as 'the pussification of 'merica' Just like with then, I don't think employee protections is making anyone a pussy.

You may consider them pussies, but I think the person who takes the abuse up the tailpipe (as you've suggested multiple times you're willing to do.) is a bigger pussy than the person who doesn't sit there and tolerate abuse day in and day out. Cowing to their abuse and harassment may be something your okay with, but most of us expect more from a civilized society.

Maybe you and Brad can go start some Randian Fantasy Land after he theoretically shutters his company for getting sued and you guys can crap all over employee rights.

134. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 7, 2012, 14:33 Draugr

TheLeech wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 14:26:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 14:13:
BobBob wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 12:24:
If someone harassed my wife like that I'd put him in the hospital for a week.

And they'd put you in jail for a decade.

Not in man world, son.

Lol.

Which is exactly why these legal protections are in place, before these protections existed it may have been handled in different ways, as a civilized society we'd be fools to not have protections in place for people.

88. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 21:02 Draugr

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 20:37:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 20:30:
He's gonna have to step down, no way the company can continue to be profitable with him working at the company.

The only way he could make this go away is to pay her off. It would have to be at least 7 figure deal, since she has him by the balls.

Uh, I believe he owns the company.

As an aside, I wonder what people would think about this presented from a different perspective. Reverse the genders, and now tell me what guy would be crying over their multi-millionare female boss flirting with them...

(I'm assuming he is a multi-millionare, I don't know his actual worth. Someone in the know can enlighten me here.)

Uh, men are victims of sexual harassment too.
And the implication of your statement is that any man would be open to the harassment of their female boss provided they make enough money. I know plenty of men who would take offense.
(edit: Lets also not pretend your fantasy of your boss coming in and hitting on your is what we're talking about here, exclusively. Sexual harassment can take many forms, for example your boss could run around telling people you have a small dick. You probably wouldn't enjoy it, and you'd still be getting harassed.)

Let's put in some more gender reversal, to give some more perspective... Instead of A weathly female boss lets make it a male employee and a male boss, and ask the same question, "what guy would be crying over their multi-millionare male boss flirting with them..." Just as with female employees, it's only fair that we insist these male employees deal with this harmless flirting, and stop being overly sensitive.

Unwanted advances/flirting is harassment, plain and simple, it doesn't change depending on the Genders involved.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2012, 21:24.

76. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 19:41 Draugr

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 19:10:
Sleep wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 19:03:
You do realise everyones laughing at you, right?

Pretty sure your grasp of the term "everyone" is pretty shaky. Also pretty sure that feminists laugh when they are scared and have nothing else to fall back on.

So that's a, "No."

65. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 18:34 Draugr

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 18:26:
Probably because the time spent "polishing" this turd wouldn't affect initial sales, whereas marketing certainly would.

Anyway, seriously, is the chick hot or what? Anyone got a pic?

Seriously, who cares.

39. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 16:08 Draugr

The fact that he is on a forum providing more evidence is pretty hilarious.  

News Comments > Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines
53. Re: Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines Sep 4, 2012, 15:09 Draugr

RailWizard wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 12:18:
InBlack wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 08:59:
These guys have been working how long on the game???

Since its soooo easy to insert another playable character into the narrative of the story, regardless of gender, Im worried that the game is going to turn out like most other Gearbox games. IE Shit.

In any case I would like to start a petition for a transgender playable character because.....well just because.

Have to agree on that. I'm leery of anything coming out of gearbox. They have turd polishing down quite nicely.

I'M assuming like most alien games, this will be a voiceless protagonist, therefore it won't really effect the story one way or the other, hence why it is so easy to drop in... You can even pretend the person your playing is transgender - Transgender people look like men and women, so it's covered -That being said I doubt there is going to be any sex in this game so I suspect determining if your sexual preference or gender identity is pretty irrelevant.

I think it's hilarious we are having this kind of discussion about media, considering this IP was started by a girl casted in a role written for a man.
Strangely enough, when that happened, it didn't ruin the movie.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Next Month
44. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 14:55 Draugr

Optional nickname wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 14:38:
LgFriess wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 13:39:
D3 might have been the best thing that happened to T2's sales.

The sad truth, is that, as soon as we are done with this epic $20 value production of a Diablo clone, we will all jump back into Diablo3, and continue to generate 9 cents per mouseclick over to Blizzard headquarters. I give it 25 days, tops.

Speak for yourself, not everyone is hooked on their abusive relationships and some of us never bought diablo 3 to begin with.

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
140. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 23, 2012, 12:51 Draugr

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 10:43:
InBlack wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 07:44:
Oh really? You work in the gaming industry. The one Yves works in. His numbers look about right?? Care to elaborate? Maybe pull a number out of your ass??

O rly? How about you set a shining example then and go right ahead and pull a number out of your ass that proves Yves and the dude you replied to wrong. Oh. Aw. You mean you can't? Well, then... how about you shut the fuck up and let the actual insiders do the talking and the numbers out of ass pulling? kthxbye. Moron.

So neither of you can site numbers, which apparently is okay for you but if he can't do it then it proves your right? Hardly

I think he was trying to prove a point - and that still stands, you have no way of supporting those numbers.

Which is why your response is to dismiss him instead of engage in discussion, which you clearly have no evidence to support your numbers.
If the figures did exist, you wouldn't need to be an 'industry insider' as you claim so yourself to access it.

612 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo