Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Chris Odgaard

Real Name Chris Odgaard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname c r i s p y
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.odgaard.ca
Signed On Jan 31, 2000, 17:40
Total Comments 485 (Amateur)
User ID 2473

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Best Buy Receipt Check Feb 18, 2006, 15:33 c r i s p y

Is it really that much of a hassle to show the reciept?

No it is not, he is a prick.

Agreed. It's pedant's like this that empower the scumbags who actually ARE stealing stuff, ultimately making things more difficult (and expensive, to cover the cost of the losses) for honest shoppers.

This comment was edited on Feb 18, 15:33.

---
Chris.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Robbery Nov 20, 2005, 13:18 c r i s p y

Why the hell didn't they lock him between the double-doors in the first place?!?  
---
Chris.

4. Serenity/Firefly Sep 30, 2005, 11:25 c r i s p y

Actually, it looks from the preveiws as though Serenity may be a retelling of at least parts of the Firefly story. I seem to remember that whole "do you want to run this ship... Well, You can't!" Dialogue from the TV series. Also the talk about Serenity's 'new' crew member being more than she seems...

It's gonna be great anyway you look at it though, Joss Whedon is Da Mang.

---
Chris.

News Comments > id Software Lawsuit - Adrian Carmack Fired
51. Maybe... Sep 27, 2005, 21:25 c r i s p y

Perhaps the gaming industry is taking it's cue from Hollywood, and this is all a publicity-grab to stir up interest in an impending release?

(Probably not, but I like my version better)

---
Chris.

News Comments > ESRB Demands Audit
39. Re: No subject Sep 13, 2005, 09:30 c r i s p y

Game exp. may change during online play
game exp. may change due to 3rd party modifications
game exp. may change because of different hardware
game exp. may change becuase of weather
game exp. may change because of . . .

Pretty soon there'll be no room on the box for the name of the product. I hate lawyers.

---
Chris.

23. Re: Pizza Firing Sep 4, 2005, 12:26 c r i s p y

My guess is that there reasons other than this for firing him -- either he other problems (either with policies, people, or performance) or the company wasn't doing well and they used this as a pretext for firing him.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. There likely some facts about his story that pizzaboy conveniently left out. Otherwise he'd be out there suing for wrongful dismissal.

---
Chris.

31. Re: Katrina Aug 28, 2005, 23:25 c r i s p y

http://shadowdane.shackspace.com/pics/hurricane_emily_1280x960.jpg

Anyone interested in a higher-resolution version of that image will find it here:

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/images/station/crew-11/html/iss011e10509.html

---
Chris.

15. Re: PCTurnoff Week Aug 1, 2005, 12:29 c r i s p y

Turn off the PC for a whole week! Are they nuts?!

Hey, don't knock it. We should be encouraging this kind of thing more often. Maybe the 'net will go back to how it was before the stupid people all showed up.

---
Chris.

35. Re: anniversary Jul 17, 2005, 11:55 c r i s p y

Tango, a couple of things:

Recovery software does amazing things. We use it at work and it's surprising what it's able to pull off a supposedly dead card.

If you are not that worried about losing the pictures on the card try a format. Nine time out of ten that will bring the card back.

You say the camera says memory card 'locked'? If it's an SD card, just make sure the little locking tab on the side hasn't been switched on.

---
Chris.

News Comments > Into the Black
19. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2005, 10:09 c r i s p y

Right, I forgot about the 4... so ten is 0101, right?

---
Chris.

EDIT: And Blue is hangin' five... Nevermind. I'm going back to bed.
This comment was edited on Jul 7, 10:12.

---
Chris.

News Comments > Into the Black
17. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2005, 09:41 c r i s p y

Er, wouldn't 10 be 0110?  
---
Chris.

33. Re: Help - Q3 won't run Jun 7, 2005, 16:47 c r i s p y

OK, Creston. I've emailed you.  
---
Chris.

20. Help - Q3 won't run Jun 7, 2005, 12:46 c r i s p y

Today I suddenly got a nostalgic urge to play a little Quake III, so I installed it and to my surprise it won't run! It tries to start, but then kicks out to the desktop with a screwed up gamma. It's definately some kind of GL or driver issue.

I installed it first with the point release and when that didn't work I uninstalled it and tried it without the point release and it still wont run.

I updated to the latest Catalyst driver from ATI (running a 9800 pro), still no joy.

Tried resetting all the driver settings to defaults, still no go.

I used to be godlike at all things Quake, but this has me stumped... Little help?

---
Chris.

59. NCIS May 25, 2005, 22:12 c r i s p y

A truly great show. I wanna do Abbey.  
---
Chris.

14. Re: I swear to God May 20, 2005, 12:39 c r i s p y

if some fucking cunthole corporation puts a fucking billboard in FUCKING SPACE, I will personally pay John Carmack to blow the fucking thing up with his fucking rockets.

Just the thought of such a fucking travesty makes me fucking ANGRY.

I agree 100% although I do find it odd that the FAA somehow has jurisdiction in space?

---
Chris.

27. Launch Links May 18, 2005, 12:46 c r i s p y

Just get FireFox and make the MiddleMouse click launch a new window, problem solved. I use to love Launch Links...now it is trival, everysite I want has Launch Links now!

Um. Pardon my stupidness, but where is this option?

---
Chris.

14. Chatbear Backup Forum May 16, 2005, 10:40 c r i s p y

What's the address of that Bluesnews Chatbear forum that everyone goes to when the site is down?  
---
Chris.

News Comments > More on UT2007
14. 2007 May 10, 2005, 09:36 c r i s p y

2007? Aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?  
---
Chris.

20. Re: boot partition fun Apr 21, 2005, 09:46 c r i s p y

I notice my XP system is slowing down, as is the way of Windoze systems when they have a lot of stuff on them. While I don't want to do a full reformat (far too much stuff to back up) I'd consider doing so if, while doing so, I was to create a separate partition for XP and another for my files. Then I can reinstall Windows every time it annoys me, gets too slow, or so on (every 6-8 months or so) without having to transfer my files to another computer, right?
1) Is this a good idea?
2) How much space should I allow for the XP partition (it's a 120Gb drive)
3) Anyone got any good guides / advice for this sort of thing?

Running Windows with separate system and data drives/partitions is the ONLY way to go, AFAIK. I'd split the drive 50/50 to start. If it turns out you need more space in either direction it's no big deal to resize them using one of the many fine programs out there for doing this (I prefer Partition Magic).

Something else you might want to consider is using the MS Powertoy tool to re-map some of the 'special' Windows folders like 'favorites' and 'documents' (and maybe even your desktop as well) to folders on your data partition for easy backup.

Another thing to consider is that once you have your base Windows install up and running with the programs you consider essential (Firefox, mail client etc.) you might want to use something like DriveImage or Ghost to image that puppy, so that next time you want to reinstall you just restore the 'fresh' image and presto!

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 09:47.

---
Chris.

News Comments > Quake 4 Update
43. Wow Apr 16, 2005, 09:31 c r i s p y

One screenshot and you guys can tell us exactly what the game is going to be like, I'm impressed!  
---
Chris.

485 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo