Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Andrew

Real Name Andrew   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MrCuddlyTiger
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 26, 2006, 18:44
Total Comments 1 (Suspect)
User ID 24719

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter Demo
18. Re: No subject Apr 26, 2006, 14:59 MrCuddlyTiger

I was really looking forward to this game.
The graphics are so-so, i'm not on the best rig, but i can tell that even with more things turned on it's just not what I was expecting. Having said that, graphics don't make a game, and so i don't really care if they aren't the most advanced in the world. What does make a game is playability.

First impression... clunky. It doesn't feel polished, or smooth. Movement is meant to be realistic, that's fine, i don't mind moving somewhat slower than the standard FPS. What I do mind is that my squad moves like retards when I give them orders, or sometimes it feels like they are ignoring my orders.

As stated by somebody before, unless I'm doing something wrong my squad mates are really stupid. They seem to have issues following orders, if I tell them to move to the corner of a building they will walk right past it, and out into the open street, which is a very bad thing.

Somebody said enemy AI was good... I don't agree. I flanked one group of about 6 guys, and was able to take them off in pairs. I shot one from the back and only alerted one other guy who was about 10 feet away, the others all within 15 feet just stood there or milled around with their backs to me. I wasn't impressed.

There are some crazy gun fights, which were graphically, and *feel* wise impressive, but it upset me when in the middle of a gun fight my support soldier just walked out into the open. I didn't give him any orders, he was actually doing fine, hiding behind a dumpster and firing. Then he just decided to walk out from behind the dumpster and around the corner of the building... That I know wasn't some mistake i made with the controls, and it was quite frustrating.

Also, in the tactical map mode, am I wrong or is there no way to change the stance of your squad? Can they be told to go prone, and crouch, it doesn't seem to matter much because wherever I tell them to go they seem to have problems either getting there, or staying there. And the Follow commant is just worthless.

Very dissapointed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo