Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month
16. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 19:48 Cram

I'm familiar with the Oculus Rift but not familiar with how games become supported by it. If the developer doesn't support it, can't a fan develop a mod for Amnesia to support the Rift?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month
1. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 10:18 Cram

Finally.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Aug 6, 2013, 02:31 Cram

Wow. I watched Blood Oath (DS9 ep) today.
The man had a presence, no doubt about that.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Legal Tangle
19. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Legal Tangle Jun 20, 2013, 15:32 Cram

One feature missing in this version that upset me was that altering the FPS wasn't an option, or that it just didn't work properly. In all the original infinity engine games, you could go into the BG Config (or whatever) and up the FPS from its default of 30. This had an effect of increasing the entire games speed. I would usually have it between 45-50. Since I'm so used to that faster pace, this version felt so painfully slow.  

News Comments > Thief E3 Presentation
11. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 19, 2013, 04:13 Cram

Jerykk wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 01:34:
This. These days, the need to create your own challenges is even more prevalent, given how ridiculously easy most games are.

This need, sir, has been a part of my gaming experience since I was 6 or 7 years old. Zelda 2 on the NES, 1989, easy as balls for me when it was released. I did the don't level life challenge, don't level magic challenge, don't level both life and magic challenge. Only challenge I never even bothered with was the don't level sword, life, magic challenge. Final Fantasy 1 NES, The beat the game without getting past lvl 15 challenge. Hell I did several single char only challenges. Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2, beat the game without dying challenges.

Jerykk is absolutely right. The game is the game, you make your own challenges. If the developers did their jobs half decently, the options should be there to make the game as impossibly hard as you want it to be.

8. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 18, 2013, 17:19 Cram

siapnar wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 16:49:
Cram wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 16:29:
You can turn Focus off. No tutorials, instinct vision, uber aim powers, slow mo with weaknesses exposed, nothing. Can't speak for other games though.
Fair enough, but most older games didn't even have these types of hand-holding options in the first place. Either that, or they weren't showcased with them, they were just mentioned as additional difficulty features you can enable.

Agreed, no argument there at all. I miss those days too.

6. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 18, 2013, 16:29 Cram

siapnar wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 16:07:
NKD wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 15:38:
Just don't kill people?

I hate to sound like an old man, but back in my day we had to make our own challenges. Kill nobody, kill everybody, don't get seen, only use a paperclip and a roll of electrical tape, only use a 4 foot purple dildo, etc.
Now everything is laid out with constant tutorials and "instinct" vision and other helpers.
How dependant are kids these days?

You can turn Focus off. No tutorials, instinct vision, uber aim powers, slow mo with weaknesses exposed, nothing. Can't speak for other games though.

3. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 18, 2013, 12:58 Cram

KS wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 11:21:
Can't watch it at work. Is there a "hard" mode where you can't kill anybody?

No confirmation but I would imagine so. It is confirmed that you can completely turn Focus off, which should please the old school Thief players.

EDIT: The guy says you don't have to kill anyone in the game if you don't want to, and you can be a "perfect ghost" if that's your thing. They also acknowledge the console limitations that were put on Thief 3, and seem to want to take the game back to the more open and explorable environments of the Thief 1 and 2.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 2013, 13:26.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Footage
7. Re: Shadow Warrior Footage Jun 15, 2013, 19:31 Cram

Better than I was expecting. Cool.  

35. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 15, 2013, 02:19 Cram

Jerykk wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 22:57:

I support Jerykk's entire post. I enjoyed the trailer, and despite the doom and gloom news reports about how the team/publisher/developers are in chaos regarding the game, I need to have hope. Maybe it's blind, but I want one more run in this universe.

If they don't revisit Shalebridge.....

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
18. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 7, 2013, 02:21 Cram

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 01:01:
Congrats Microsoft, you just handed Sony the console market on a silver platter.

I don't know anymore, I have a gut feeling Sony is going to do a lot of similar things by the time the system comes out.

News Comments > Shadow of the Eternals Fundraising Suspended
7. Re: Shadow of the Eternals Fundraising Suspended Jun 5, 2013, 04:31 Cram

I think, for the first time ever, the entirety of Bluesnews called it that their personal webpage crowdfunding, and then subsequent kickstarter, would fail.

I really want this kind of game to happen, but not with the people currently involved and not at the risk that kickstarting presents. Especially not with their website shit where no one is held accountable for anything at any point.

News Comments > DuckTales: Remastered for PC This Summer
15. Re: DuckTales: Remastered for PC This Summer Jun 5, 2013, 04:26 Cram

pleased as punch about this one

both NES games, obviously with the emphasis on the first, were and are gems. For someone to have the balls to revisit it two decades later, pleased as punch.

Edit: trailer makes it obvious Transelvania is definitely in, I plan kick the s*** out of that level. We need a confirm on the Moon though, the moon must be revisited, and we need a music god to remix the music appropriately. Someone get Uematsu on the line.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 2, 2013, 01:21 Cram

attn: Hulu.

go for it. now. your brand won't appreciate beyond this deal.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Classic Free on Steam
14. Re: Shadow Warrior Classic Free on Steam Jun 1, 2013, 22:54 Cram

killer_roach wrote on Jun 1, 2013, 20:58:
Kosumo wrote on Jun 1, 2013, 20:18:
Don't forget to use Ten-Online!

Man, point-to-point dial-up multiplayer is really where it's at.

Back in the day of 33.6k/56k connections. I remember trying different "Init Strings" with this one with my friend to try to A) actually get a proper connection and B) get a low lag connection.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 31, 2013, 15:01 Cram

The PS4 and WiiU will have TGS in September, I'm making the assumption that no one is going to care about the XBoxOne at that show but I'm not a doctor. Who knows.  

News Comments > Square Enix's "Extraordinary" Losses
21. Re: Square Enix's May 13, 2013, 16:42 Cram

That mythical FFVII full remake they refuse to make would haul in millions if not tens of millions of unit sales globally. I personally do NOT want an FFVII remake, I do not think they could do the game justice, but such a game could potentially be a system seller. Just announcing such a game would probably up their stock price and reinvigorate the company in various ways.

I wonder if that rumor that they've renamed Versus XIII to Final Fantasy XV is true. The game in the videos looked pretty good, but there have got be a lot of bad reasons why that game basically went vaporware.

This comment was edited on May 13, 2013, 16:48.

News Comments > Square Enix's "Extraordinary" Losses
14. Re: Square Enix's May 13, 2013, 14:15 Cram

Jerykk wrote on May 13, 2013, 12:27:
Step 2: Cancel all Final Fantasy games.

Curious to see Final Fantasy XV's reveal at E3. Will I laugh, or cry?

News Comments > Shadow of the Eternals and "Donations"
4. Re: Shadow of the Eternals and May 11, 2013, 19:48 Cram

I both can and can't believe people are "donating" with this system and the history of those involved.  

News Comments > Defiance Renewed
20. Re: Defiance Renewed May 11, 2013, 01:50 Cram

mag wrote on May 11, 2013, 01:38:
God, DERRRRP

No derp you say?

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo