Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 722 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Dead Space 2 on January 25
2. Re: Dead Space 2 on January 25 Jun 14, 2010, 22:01 Cram

Absolutely pre-ordering (for the 360). I very much enjoyed the EA Presentation Demo of the game. Felt similar, graphically looks far better and the new city environment actually looks very interesting. I do believe they'll be able to keep the dread level of DeadSpace 1 going with this city environment (initially I didn't when I heard there were going to be larger more open areas).  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced
6. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 20:47 Cram

Reuse and possibly remix White Rabbit (again) for the menu music, or no care about this one  

News Comments > New Slimmer Xbox 360 this Week
29. Re: New Slimmer Xbox 360 this Week Jun 14, 2010, 19:16 Cram

Creston wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 19:01:
Zavy wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 16:05:
$150 for a arcade isnt too bad.

Can you take an old 360 HD and plug it into an Arcade? Anyone know? I might buy a new 360 for 150 bucks.

Creston

Yes sir!

I have an Arcade, grabbed a hard drive when Microsoft had their crazy HD deal before they released the new version of Live. Just plug-in and go, works perfectly.

Edit: and to double confirm for you, the hard drives Microsoft sent to people as part of the deal were 20gb refurbished drives from old 360's, so definitely compatible. Plugs into the slot on the left side of the machine.

News Comments > New Slimmer Xbox 360 this Week
8. Re: New Slimmer Xbox 360 this Week Jun 14, 2010, 16:39 Cram

Feel sorta bad for anyone that recently bought any of the now included peripherals and a 360 recently, example: Xbox Arcade + Wireless Adapter.

Hopefully anyone in that position can return their stuff hassle free and pick up the new 360 instead (if it's a better deal for them).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2010, 15:02 Cram

Unreal Microsoft. Handing out free Xbox's to audience members. Desperate much?

Bad presention, Kinect looks awful.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2010, 12:52 Cram

Microsoft is coming up shortly.
Looking forward to 45 minutes of it showing people flailing around dangerously playing Kinect Sports.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2010, 22:00 Cram

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 12, 2010, 21:22:
well, this isn't the largest sporting event, I believe the Super Bowl is. (Or probably the Olympics)

I was curious by this so I spent 10 minutes looking at various sites about viewership and attendance for these kinds of events, Superbowl and WorldCup included. It seems that the WorldCup absolutely obliterates the Superbowl. An estimated 715 million people watched the 2006 world cup final. That's a little under 7 times more than this years Superbowl I believe. Plus we're dealing with an event that happens once every year versus an event that happens once every four years. As for the Olympics, still looking for numbers that have some proof behind them.

Edit: Having a difficult time figuring out the Olympics. Several various places are saying the 2010's had over 3 Billion Worldwide viewers. They still show commercials in Vancouver for some of the media outlets that covered it (like CBC and TSN in Canada) talking about how many people viewed them. I find those figures extremely difficult to believe, but who knows.

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2010, 22:14.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2010, 16:15 Cram

Must admit I have the volume on the US/England game muted right now.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 12, 2010, 16:11 Cram

Natal vs Move: (IMO) it is not "who will win?" that is the question, but "who will not lose as badly?" that is the question.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2010, 21:05 Cram

Unfortunately, Blizzard is not going to be anywhere near E3.
I would not count on hearing anything about any of their games through this conference.

Edit: But the answer to your question has a couple answers I can think of: 1) Not for a long time & 2) Not soon enough.

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 20:59:
And like every E3 there's only a handful of shit worth hearing about. Top of my list...when the fuck is Diablo 3 going to get here!!!???

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2010, 19:23 Cram

kxmode wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 14:16:
Cram wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 12:33:
Lookin forward to another year of "it came from E3" news updates Blue. Good luck lol.

Anyone care to wager how many E3 parts Blue's going to post? I bet 50 points it'll be 28!

Lucky 21 this year.

News Comments > Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans
29. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 19:16 Cram

spindoctor wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 19:02:
Cram wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 18:59:
everyone will complain how bad the game is even though it's due to the port and not the actual game.

A bad port of a good game is still a bad game on it's own. Forgive me if I fail to appreciate the masterful touches in game design while I am in a game with my framerates in the teens with lousy textures and hideous jaggies all around.

You just proved what I was trying to say albeit I could have worded it a bit better
I agree with you that a bad port of a good game is still a bad game on its own 100%.

News Comments > Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans
24. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 18:59 Cram

The game has its control issues, autoaim or no. Just turning around 180 degrees, moving/stopping, horse riding etc can all be a nightmare (and i'm not 100% sure how a mouse and keyboard would fix it). Shooting backwards on a horse, especially when you're in the middle of a bounty run....jesus christ.

I'm currently under the impression that every game since Grand Theft Auto 3: Vice City has had Rockstar make the "we have no plans to bring GrandTheftAuto XX to the PC, we'll let you know if that changes" statement. So it'll probably happen; they'll toss it to Rockstar Toronto who will do an awful job porting it and everyone will complain how bad the game is even though it's due to the port and not the actual game.

/pessimism

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2010, 12:33 Cram

Lookin forward to another year of "it came from E3" news updates Blue. Good luck lol.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: MK Jun 10, 2010, 13:23 Cram

I regret posting that particular comment only because of it the thread got derailed nicely into a MK vs SF festival somehow.

I'll go back to the topic of movies and since it's already happened mention the SF franchise. It too has an atrocious movie franchise. Thoughts on which game franchise is better makes no difference in regards to their movie potentials. I'm sure a reboot for a SF movie could do well $ wise in the box office, but it too would have to take the Marketing Budget > $ to make movie budget.

Edit: Clarification on a movie doing "well"; they could potentially bring in some cash in the boxoffice but not enough to cover the total costs of making the film decent enough looking/enticing to actually bring enough people into the theater or buy DVDs.

Kobalt wrote on Jun 10, 2010, 03:37:
Cram wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 21:35:
The games have never offered anything new or innovative.

Fixed for you. Ok yeah the mk 1 came up with the gimmicky fatalities that all the 10 year olds in america loved(or did time killers come out first? whatever). I'll admit, at least mortal kombat 3 was decent, and actually supported tournament level play. But beside that, mortal kombat has always been a poor mans street fighter with blood added on instead of fun or balanced gameplay.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2010, 13:32.

1. MK Jun 9, 2010, 21:35 Cram

I'm of the group that enjoyed that 8 minute "trailer" for Mortal Kombat; there seems to be a rather large group on the internetz very against it (specifically because it deviates from canon lore). To each his/her own I guess. That said, I still wouldn't go to theaters to see it. Rental, at best.

I enjoyed it, but I also adamantly believe no MK film could do well. The franchise is stale/stagnant. The games have offered nothing new or innovative since MK2 (imo). Each successive game introduces slightly better graphics and new chars with more and more ludicrous back-stories. The movie envisioned in that clip could do well BUT it would require a marketing budget higher than that of the budget required to actually make the film. Business wise, I see no reason for WB or anyone to ever make another MK film because I don't think there are even close to enough people that really care (fans of the franchise or not) enough to go out and see it, thus not making it worthwhile to WB.

News Comments > StarCraft Fixers Banned
4. Re: StarCraft Fixers Banned Jun 9, 2010, 12:18 Cram

I'm genuinely surprised they weren't executed...  

1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 8, 2010, 21:56 Cram

Youtube link for 1080p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_MqZn7E-mk&feature=player_embedded

News Comments > Source 2/Half-Life 3 Rumor
7. Re: Source 2/Half-Life 3 Rumor Jun 8, 2010, 21:27 Cram

ASeven wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 21:20:
What will this do to PC gaming?

What will this do to PC Hacker groups looking to make a name for themselves by delaying HL3 for a year.

News Comments > Take Two Financials - Max Payne 3 Delay
1. Re: Take Two Financials - Max Payne 3 Delay Jun 8, 2010, 21:18 Cram

A good friend of mine works at RS Vancity. I try asking anything about MaxPayne 3, or his job, and the mood of the conversation just changes (negatively); NDA aside he just doesn't want to talk about it or his job in any way. I get the impression there's some weird shit going on with this game and that Rockstar location. Meh, I hope the game turns out well.  

722 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo