Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 694 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Dead Space 2 in Preproduction
16. Re: Dead Space 2 in Preproduction Sep 30, 2009, 15:37 Cram

Had to double check this was Bluesnews I was reading since the majority of people in a thread are actually praising a game. Crazy.

Enjoyed the 360 version enough to play through it 4 or 5 times on different difficulties and get most achievements. Too bad the PC version, from what I've read here, was not up to snuff. Hopefully DS2 for PC will be better. Looking forward to the next game.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2009, 15:37.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 19, 2009, 11:54 Cram

Because sales of the PS2 are still, to this day, higher worldwide month by month than the PS3. Why alienate a good thing like their PS2 sales by offering a PS2 within their PS3?  

News Comments > Serious Sam HD Trailer
5. Re: I love you Sam Aug 15, 2009, 15:13 Cram

It is more like re-releasing on Blu-Ray when you already have it on BetaMax or VHS, but the video player you have no longer works.

QFT ty.

News Comments > Onyxia Returns to WoW
1. Re: Onyxia Returns to WoW Aug 13, 2009, 20:52 Cram

In before the probable angry "recycled content +1" comments.

Looks interesting enough. At least it's something interesting in a non-major content patch rather than just re balancing. Still, there's something like 4 or 5 portals below Wyrmrest that could be used for new short raids.

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2009, 20:53.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2009, 12:24 Cram

Son of a Submariner! > *

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Futurama News Jul 31, 2009, 21:00 Cram

http://tv.ign.com/articles/100/1009858p1.html

Epic news, news that should never have had to become epic after the show was brought back from the dead.

18. Re: Tanning Beds Jul 30, 2009, 15:47 Cram

I mentioned moderation. There are rules these companies follow, your exposure in a bed is time-limited and the bulbs are perfectly safe, despite being close to your body. They don't damage, or benefit you, any less/more than the actual sun does.  

16. Tanning Beds Jul 30, 2009, 15:29 Cram

Tanning Beds: UV
Sun: UV

It's the same damn radiation. If you're stupid enough not to moderate your UV exposure, you increase your risk yourself. It's not the sun's and/or the tanning beds fault. When you sign up to a tanning studio, you don't just hop into the bed for the max 20-25 minutes the studio offers. You start at like 5 minutes and slowly work your way up depending on the bed. A credible tanning studio will also ask you to fill out a survey when you sign up regarding your skin, so they have a decent idea what bed you should use, and for how long you should be using it at first. If you follow the absolute basics of tanning, you'll eliminate the risk of any form of burning, and substantially reduce the risk of cancer.

Yes, tanning beds can cause cancer. So can the sun. They're both hitting you with UV. If you say "you shouldn't use tanning beds" then you should also say "stay out of the god damn sun for the rest of your life". If you educate yourself, tanning (in any form) is perfectly safe. Another scare tactic article which doesn't provide you with anything useful (links to studies etc).

Edit: I recommend anyone with any interest in this do their own research about the benefits of UV, the ridiculous vitamin D deficiency problem in North America (due to among other things, lack of sun exposure) and how much money Sunscreen/Self-Tanning Creams and Dermatologists are making because of the "sun is bad" scare they've put into our heads.

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2009, 15:42.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 26, 2009, 20:01 Cram

For an article published yesterday, the Speedgamers article is a little behind. They raised over $50,000 by Friday.

The title of the article somewhat implies that each speedgamer sat there playing games 168 hours straight (by asking if "you", the individual, would play 168 hours straight). As a team, they did. Individually, they absolutely didn't. A few speedgamer members volunteered to play through one game at a time, and everyone was taking shifts. People slept, had to go to work, school and other social commitments throughout the entire week. I find it important to defend them since there are people out there attacking the TSG as individuals who all sat there for 168 hours straight playing games (not getting any sun, not having lives etc), which is not the case. They deserve to be recognized and respected for how they planned this marathon, executed it and how much money they raised. They, and those that donated, did more for the world in a week than 99% of gamers will ever do for the world in their lifetimes.

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2009, 20:05.

News Comments > Diablo II Resolution/Ratio Mod
6. Re: Diablo II Resolution/Ratio Mod Jul 24, 2009, 04:25 Cram

Heh, way ahead of you MB. Except that I ran into Authentication problems with my battle.net account and re-downloading Diablo2/LoD. 30mins on the phone with Tech Support fixed that. Bastards.

Looking forward to starting from scratch in D2, again...for the 29th or so time (except this time on something higher than 800x600). Despite your possibly valid grievance with the D3 engine MB, I have never anticipated a game (D3) as much as I am right now since, nine years ago, Diablo 2. Graphics helped set a mood with Diablo, but it never made the game.

I said "possibly" because Blizzard really hasn't shown us anything about this engine except a one-year old convention demo and a handful of Bashiok comments over the last year that have not said anything relevant. I would also mention that the Baldur's Gate Mod that allowed people to play the original Baldur's Gate through Baldur's Gate II's engine at whatever resolution they wanted using all the "3D" effects of BG2 to be pretty equal if not still superior to this Diablo II mods benefits.

News Comments > etc.
2. Dig Retrospective Jul 19, 2009, 19:55 Cram

Enjoyed that Retrospective.
I know a few people @ Bluesnews picked the game up last week.
Recommended read just for more background on the game if you've already beaten it.

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 19, 2009, 19:08 Cram

At about 47 hours a bidding/donating war started between a few people.
It's at over $10,000 at 48 hours. Pretty incredible.

Edit: The site seems to be collapsing in on-itself because of the traffic atm.

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2009, 19:10.

2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 18, 2009, 21:30 Cram

They're raising money for Autism, so at least there's a point to their little gongshow.

But this one guy that was playing this morning when I gave it a look seriously needs a haircut.

Edit: $4000+ in a little over a day is pretty good.

Edit#2: $5000 after 30 hours.

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2009, 01:11.

News Comments > Dragon Age Origins Collector's Edition Bonuses
10. Re: Dragon Age Origins Collector's Edition Bonuses Jul 16, 2009, 02:23 Cram

""couple bucks" is relative. We're talking $15 difference from the bare bones edition. Is it really worth it? I'm not sure..."

@ Wag

Collector's Editions are worth it to those that want it. If Halo 3's Super Duper Retarded Insane Helmet Collector's Edition's sales taught us anything, there's a market for every SKU.

Dragon Age already has a cult following, at this moment I'm close to joining it but not *quite* there yet. There are, however, many that are part of that group and this collectors edition will certainly sell well. Whether it's Biowares fans that want one, or Capitalists looking to make a pretty penny on Ebay, they'll sell. The hype alone for this game almost insures it. There is a good lineup of goodies, all the basics + more are covered for what a collectors edition should be, price point / markup considered.

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2009, 02:45.

7. Re: Soundtrack Jul 16, 2009, 01:25 Cram

Thanks Derek, good luck.  

4. Soundtrack Jul 15, 2009, 17:42 Cram

@ Derek French

Can you confirm whether or not Inon Zur is the games composer? I can't find confirmation anywhere.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. RE5 Wii Jul 10, 2009, 12:31 Cram

Interesting....

Check this out, same source same producer: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/25/resident-evil-5-producer-wii-cant-handle-re5s-title-screen/

Did the Wii's Specs improve over the last year giving the system a slight hope of being able to run the Intro Screen I didn't know about?

Personally I would, and wouldn't, want to see RE5 on Wii. RE4 Wii is fantastic, best version of game. While it (Wii controller) does make some things easier, it made other things harder and about 200x more fun than on a standard Gamecube/PS2 Controller. I wouldn't want to see it on Wii, however, because the graphical hit it would most-likely take from the 360/PS3 versions would be extremely painful.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2009, 12:33.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jul 9, 2009, 00:02 Cram

He makes his $$ finding things to rant about whether one agrees with it or not. I'm convinced there is nothing on Earth that gets him off more than offending people, those that like the games he hates on.  

News Comments > LucasArts Gets Steam Heat
1. Re: LucasArts Gets Steam Heat Jul 8, 2009, 13:47 Cram

Some good games there.

Highly recommend "The Dig". The $4.99 is worth it for the music alone.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2009, 13:48.

News Comments > Namco Bandai Partners
1. Re: Namco Bandai Partners Jul 7, 2009, 18:21 Cram

Well Atari, the noose around your neck tightens...

694 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo