Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 711 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans
29. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 19:16 Cram

spindoctor wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 19:02:
Cram wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 18:59:
everyone will complain how bad the game is even though it's due to the port and not the actual game.

A bad port of a good game is still a bad game on it's own. Forgive me if I fail to appreciate the masterful touches in game design while I am in a game with my framerates in the teens with lousy textures and hideous jaggies all around.

You just proved what I was trying to say albeit I could have worded it a bit better
I agree with you that a bad port of a good game is still a bad game on its own 100%.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans
24. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 18:59 Cram

The game has its control issues, autoaim or no. Just turning around 180 degrees, moving/stopping, horse riding etc can all be a nightmare (and i'm not 100% sure how a mouse and keyboard would fix it). Shooting backwards on a horse, especially when you're in the middle of a bounty run....jesus christ.

I'm currently under the impression that every game since Grand Theft Auto 3: Vice City has had Rockstar make the "we have no plans to bring GrandTheftAuto XX to the PC, we'll let you know if that changes" statement. So it'll probably happen; they'll toss it to Rockstar Toronto who will do an awful job porting it and everyone will complain how bad the game is even though it's due to the port and not the actual game.

/pessimism

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2010, 12:33 Cram

Lookin forward to another year of "it came from E3" news updates Blue. Good luck lol.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: MK Jun 10, 2010, 13:23 Cram

I regret posting that particular comment only because of it the thread got derailed nicely into a MK vs SF festival somehow.

I'll go back to the topic of movies and since it's already happened mention the SF franchise. It too has an atrocious movie franchise. Thoughts on which game franchise is better makes no difference in regards to their movie potentials. I'm sure a reboot for a SF movie could do well $ wise in the box office, but it too would have to take the Marketing Budget > $ to make movie budget.

Edit: Clarification on a movie doing "well"; they could potentially bring in some cash in the boxoffice but not enough to cover the total costs of making the film decent enough looking/enticing to actually bring enough people into the theater or buy DVDs.

Kobalt wrote on Jun 10, 2010, 03:37:
Cram wrote on Jun 9, 2010, 21:35:
The games have never offered anything new or innovative.

Fixed for you. Ok yeah the mk 1 came up with the gimmicky fatalities that all the 10 year olds in america loved(or did time killers come out first? whatever). I'll admit, at least mortal kombat 3 was decent, and actually supported tournament level play. But beside that, mortal kombat has always been a poor mans street fighter with blood added on instead of fun or balanced gameplay.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2010, 13:32.

1. MK Jun 9, 2010, 21:35 Cram

I'm of the group that enjoyed that 8 minute "trailer" for Mortal Kombat; there seems to be a rather large group on the internetz very against it (specifically because it deviates from canon lore). To each his/her own I guess. That said, I still wouldn't go to theaters to see it. Rental, at best.

I enjoyed it, but I also adamantly believe no MK film could do well. The franchise is stale/stagnant. The games have offered nothing new or innovative since MK2 (imo). Each successive game introduces slightly better graphics and new chars with more and more ludicrous back-stories. The movie envisioned in that clip could do well BUT it would require a marketing budget higher than that of the budget required to actually make the film. Business wise, I see no reason for WB or anyone to ever make another MK film because I don't think there are even close to enough people that really care (fans of the franchise or not) enough to go out and see it, thus not making it worthwhile to WB.

News Comments > StarCraft Fixers Banned
4. Re: StarCraft Fixers Banned Jun 9, 2010, 12:18 Cram

I'm genuinely surprised they weren't executed...  

1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 8, 2010, 21:56 Cram

Youtube link for 1080p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_MqZn7E-mk&feature=player_embedded

News Comments > Source 2/Half-Life 3 Rumor
7. Re: Source 2/Half-Life 3 Rumor Jun 8, 2010, 21:27 Cram

ASeven wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 21:20:
What will this do to PC gaming?

What will this do to PC Hacker groups looking to make a name for themselves by delaying HL3 for a year.

News Comments > Take Two Financials - Max Payne 3 Delay
1. Re: Take Two Financials - Max Payne 3 Delay Jun 8, 2010, 21:18 Cram

A good friend of mine works at RS Vancity. I try asking anything about MaxPayne 3, or his job, and the mood of the conversation just changes (negatively); NDA aside he just doesn't want to talk about it or his job in any way. I get the impression there's some weird shit going on with this game and that Rockstar location. Meh, I hope the game turns out well.  

News Comments > Dungeon Siege 3 Announced
2. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 7, 2010, 13:31 Cram

Not familiar with the series at all, worth trying one of the previous games? I like the art direction they're going with in those screenshots.

edit:
but the game and especially the sequel were horrendously meh.

oh well.

News Comments > Half-Life E3 Tease Faked
13. Re: Half-Life E3 Tease Faked Jun 7, 2010, 13:27 Cram

Edit: I was in the middle of writing a post about how the Halflife games have been multi-platform since 2001, but I almost stopped because I thought I was walking into some kind of trap.  

News Comments > Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter Patched
1. Re: Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter Patched May 20, 2010, 22:50 Cram

Does anyone own this game?

I'm wondering if they altered/improved the music quality along with the graphics over the original release.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2010, 20:41 Cram

Re: Eureka

It has been renewed for 22 episodes. Rumor is Syfy will show all 22 episodes pretty much in a row (a few one or maybe two week breaks between episodes once in awhile), but this is just a rumor. I would be surprised if they did that, they love their 4 month breaks. Yes some big names are associated with the upcoming season, including...wait for it.....waaaait for it...........

Wil Wheaton11

Looking forward to Eureka and Futurama.

Blue, thanks for the help with the account.

News Comments > Gold - Divinity II Ego Draconis
14. Re: Gold - Divinity II Ego Draconis Nov 24, 2009, 21:48 Cram

"Many Gamers skipped the redundantly-named "Divine Divinity", believing that it sucked succulently."

Heh. Funny yeah, but sad too because it is true. I wish a hell of a lot more people played the game in North America. Probably wouldn't have taken so long for a sequel had it been more successful.

Despite the reported problems with D2, even with the new patches and other small gripes with the game, I can't wait to have a go with it.

News Comments > Diablo 3 Skill Trees Cut Down?
29. Re: Diablo III Skill Trees Cut Down? Nov 24, 2009, 14:45 Cram

I don't mind having skill trees cut. They weren't in the first game, and that didn't the game any less enjoyable. With the introduction of synergies, and the fact that a lot of players never bothered spending their skill points till they had enough to complete an entire build, it shows that the skill tree system was far from perfect in Diablo2 anyway. I often saw the game as a giant grind for skill points, and nothing else. For me, this is welcome news. For those raging, you're providing me with a good laugh.  

News Comments > Stargate Worlds Funding Woes Continue
35. Re: Stargate Worlds Funding Woes Continue Oct 14, 2009, 19:22 Cram

NKD just won the thread.

/thread.

News Comments > Wolfenstein Demo
4. Re: Wolfenstein Demo Oct 14, 2009, 19:19 Cram

Agreed on both points Sphinx.

I will definitely play through the single player again at least once or twice sometime in the future, maybe with a better computer. Very fun experience.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 in Preproduction
16. Re: Dead Space 2 in Preproduction Sep 30, 2009, 15:37 Cram

Had to double check this was Bluesnews I was reading since the majority of people in a thread are actually praising a game. Crazy.

Enjoyed the 360 version enough to play through it 4 or 5 times on different difficulties and get most achievements. Too bad the PC version, from what I've read here, was not up to snuff. Hopefully DS2 for PC will be better. Looking forward to the next game.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2009, 15:37.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 19, 2009, 11:54 Cram

Because sales of the PS2 are still, to this day, higher worldwide month by month than the PS3. Why alienate a good thing like their PS2 sales by offering a PS2 within their PS3?  

News Comments > Serious Sam HD Trailer
5. Re: I love you Sam Aug 15, 2009, 15:13 Cram

It is more like re-releasing on Blu-Ray when you already have it on BetaMax or VHS, but the video player you have no longer works.

QFT ty.

711 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo