Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from E3 2010, Part 5
17. Re: It Came from E3 2010, Part 5 Jun 16, 2010, 15:59 Cram

noman wrote on Jun 16, 2010, 15:36:
Rage looks pretty good. Hope it comes out soon. It'll be interesting to see such a major gameplay shift from id software - NPCs, dialogs, optional missions, huge and connected open worlds, your choice of accepting missions and then driving down to the area even getting sidetracked into another mission/loot opportunity, vehicular action, loot, vehicle upgrades, weapon upgrades from looted items etc.

Lol, until you got to vehicular action I thought you were describing Red Dead Redemption. I instinctively replaced the word "driving" with galloping.

Edit: heck, replace the words "vehicular/vehicle" with "Equus ferus caballus" and you pretty much exactly have Red Dead Redemption.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2010, 16:04.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Announced
16. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Announced Jun 15, 2010, 16:04 Cram

Drezden wrote on Jun 15, 2010, 07:46:
(And to the guy who thinks GTA cop chases even compare sorry in this case you're wrong).

Well that's fine, to each his own. Essentially I was saying this idea has been done already in all sorts of forms, be it in a sandbox game or a NFS game. This new game and gameplay, as shown during the presentation, does not look to add anything to the genre. Drive down road, chase each other. That's all they showed. It looked kinda fun, but something I would get bored with extremely quickly. Adding additional obstacles like helicopters throwing things at me while driving down a road with invisible walls, that's unfortunately a negative for me not a positive. Despite all this, I'll still keep my eye on this game.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2010, Part 3
17. Re: It Came from E3 2010, Part 3 Jun 15, 2010, 15:23 Cram

Ray Marden wrote on Jun 15, 2010, 15:18:
To say nothing of Blizzard cutting or drastically scaling back the new gameplay items it had intended to introduce...
Guild talents, path of the titans, archaeology, etc.
Saying goodbye to all the new ideas,
Ray

Well Blizzard has been doing that since Diablo2 (Guild Halls? a number of other things from the original PC Gamer announcement article etc).

15. Re: It Came from E3 2010, Part 3 Jun 15, 2010, 14:32 Cram

PHJF wrote on Jun 15, 2010, 14:18:
How the fuck did they manage to make the new Zelda look worse

I would imagine, and hope, that it will be polished up. It was very clear what they showed us was a small enclosed environment specifically designed for the demonstration. The primary goal was to demonstrate the games controls (which unfortunately didn't go well). With a year or so till release, I think graphically it will be polished and improved.

WoW Cataclysms nonpublic beta. It's missing a lot, graphics in some areas either aren't done or look poor. Each successive patch seems to improve on the games graphics. The expansion is due soon. What I'm saying is that a lot can happen with graphics and gameplay in a very very short period of time.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2010, 14:54.

13. Re: It Came from E3 2010, Part 3 Jun 15, 2010, 13:51 Cram

Sepharo wrote on Jun 15, 2010, 13:39:
Nobody talking about Goldeneye Wii?

If the controls handle as well or better than they did with Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, I'm all for it. MP3 motion controls were excellent, and that was before Wii Motion Plus.

Graphically, looked..ok I guess. But with this particular game, who really cares. People still play Goldeneye64 and don't give a crap about the graphics. If this remake really carries the spirit/heart from Goldeneye64 with it, and has good controls, it will be an excellent game.

Edit: and besides a lightsaber game, wasn't this one of the other huge things people wanted (a remake of goldeneye) when the Wii was first announced? I'm sure there are a lot of haaaaapy people out there right now.

9. Re: It Came from E3 2010, Part 3 Jun 15, 2010, 13:26 Cram

As for Nintendo, the new Zelda looked interesting enough though perhaps requiring too much physical involvement.

The technical issues during the presentation weren't due to the game, the people showing of Mickey Mouse were also having problems.

So yeah, lot of sequels and re-imaginings, but there was some actual new original stuff in there, unlike Microsoft. Most of the sequels appeared to put a noticeably fresh spin on their respective franchises, again unlike what Microsoft showed yesterday. Whether or not they are truly a fresh take on the franchises, we shall see.

I appreciate Nintendo right there and then allowing the media to get their hands on the 3DS. THIS SHOWS TO ME that Nintendo has confidence in their product, UNLIKE MICROSOFT who required rehearsed and over-the-top-acted demonstrations to show off Kinect. Kudos to Nintendo for having confidence and wanting your customers to experience proof of what you're saying, as opposed to Microsoft having to bribe the media with new 360's to get them to say something nice about them.

A decent conference, technical issues aside. Not the greatest E3 has ever had, but not bad by any means.

6. Re: It Came from E3 2010, Part 3 Jun 15, 2010, 11:33 Cram

Beamer wrote on Jun 15, 2010, 11:25:
You guys understand that Sony's will be much of the same, right?

Yes, and it is an absolute shame.

4. Re: It Came from E3 2010, Part 3 Jun 15, 2010, 11:00 Cram

Microsofts Conference was a disaster.

95%+ of the things they talked about we already knew regarding games and tech. Only things new were the Crytek Partnership and ESPN. It felt that 2/3's of the conference was simply discussing Wii-type shovel ware on Kinect. Rest of it was discussing nothing but sequels. Pet the kitten was creepy as hell.

It's unbelievable how quickly Microsoft has 180'd. A few years ago they thought Motion Controls were a gimmick. They stated categorically a dozen times that no one in their target market wanted Motion Controls and that Microsoft wasn't interested. Now look, 2/3's of their big conference discussing things of which the Nintendo Wii was doing 4 years ago. Yeah, maybe it looks a bit better but seriously it has been 4 years since the Wii and this is the best they could come up with? Really? I mean really?

It's truly a shame Kinect is blatantly not 1:1 . The lag looked brutal at some points. You could tell how nervous people were navigating Kinect's interface with their hands, they were horrendously slow moving around to make sure the thing actually worked and they didn't fuckup on stage.

The acting was terrible. You could tell how scripted everything was. Watching the Gears of War 3 demo was silly. They are all producers playing that game, but the way they were constantly communicating with each other on stage you'd think they had never played Gears of War 3 before. The video chat demonstration (while I like the feature) was awful. "Say hi everybody!" Piss off!

Finally, what really chafes my ass is that they gave all the media there free brand-new Xbox Slims. This has resulted in things like IGN saying: "Overall, we were impressed by Microsofts Conference". There is no way the 4 staff members at the conference were actually impressed by it. I know all of their work on the site, they absolutely did not enjoy the conference. But hey, I guess being bribed with free new tech changed that nicely. Journalistic integrity down the toilet.

News Comments > Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Announced
4. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Announced Jun 15, 2010, 00:12 Cram

This looks like it could be fun. For about 2-3 hours.
Ok, Cops vs Robbers concept. Chase each other.

What else is going on? Is that it? I can go play Grand Theft Auto 4 (or 3, or 2, or 1) and play "run away from the cops" right now if I want too. So yeah, player vs player looks kinda fun but unless there's a lot more going on which wasn't shown, it'll get boring fast.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced
15. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 22:41 Cram

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 22:33:
Same maps, over and over and over. I am playing on a sweet server with great competition that is well adminned too. So it's not a community issue.. people are just bored and need new content. Which is EASILY addressed by allowing us to make our own maps and mod as we see fit.

Word. Makes me miss games like UT2004. In-game modifiers, tons of maps and modes, user content galore and even back then had a decent stat tracking system.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 on January 25
2. Re: Dead Space 2 on January 25 Jun 14, 2010, 22:01 Cram

Absolutely pre-ordering (for the 360). I very much enjoyed the EA Presentation Demo of the game. Felt similar, graphically looks far better and the new city environment actually looks very interesting. I do believe they'll be able to keep the dread level of DeadSpace 1 going with this city environment (initially I didn't when I heard there were going to be larger more open areas).  

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced
6. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 20:47 Cram

Reuse and possibly remix White Rabbit (again) for the menu music, or no care about this one  

News Comments > New Slimmer Xbox 360 this Week
29. Re: New Slimmer Xbox 360 this Week Jun 14, 2010, 19:16 Cram

Creston wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 19:01:
Zavy wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 16:05:
$150 for a arcade isnt too bad.

Can you take an old 360 HD and plug it into an Arcade? Anyone know? I might buy a new 360 for 150 bucks.

Creston

Yes sir!

I have an Arcade, grabbed a hard drive when Microsoft had their crazy HD deal before they released the new version of Live. Just plug-in and go, works perfectly.

Edit: and to double confirm for you, the hard drives Microsoft sent to people as part of the deal were 20gb refurbished drives from old 360's, so definitely compatible. Plugs into the slot on the left side of the machine.

News Comments > New Slimmer Xbox 360 this Week
8. Re: New Slimmer Xbox 360 this Week Jun 14, 2010, 16:39 Cram

Feel sorta bad for anyone that recently bought any of the now included peripherals and a 360 recently, example: Xbox Arcade + Wireless Adapter.

Hopefully anyone in that position can return their stuff hassle free and pick up the new 360 instead (if it's a better deal for them).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2010, 15:02 Cram

Unreal Microsoft. Handing out free Xbox's to audience members. Desperate much?

Bad presention, Kinect looks awful.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2010, 12:52 Cram

Microsoft is coming up shortly.
Looking forward to 45 minutes of it showing people flailing around dangerously playing Kinect Sports.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2010, 22:00 Cram

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 12, 2010, 21:22:
well, this isn't the largest sporting event, I believe the Super Bowl is. (Or probably the Olympics)

I was curious by this so I spent 10 minutes looking at various sites about viewership and attendance for these kinds of events, Superbowl and WorldCup included. It seems that the WorldCup absolutely obliterates the Superbowl. An estimated 715 million people watched the 2006 world cup final. That's a little under 7 times more than this years Superbowl I believe. Plus we're dealing with an event that happens once every year versus an event that happens once every four years. As for the Olympics, still looking for numbers that have some proof behind them.

Edit: Having a difficult time figuring out the Olympics. Several various places are saying the 2010's had over 3 Billion Worldwide viewers. They still show commercials in Vancouver for some of the media outlets that covered it (like CBC and TSN in Canada) talking about how many people viewed them. I find those figures extremely difficult to believe, but who knows.

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2010, 22:14.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2010, 16:15 Cram

Must admit I have the volume on the US/England game muted right now.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 12, 2010, 16:11 Cram

Natal vs Move: (IMO) it is not "who will win?" that is the question, but "who will not lose as badly?" that is the question.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2010, 21:05 Cram

Unfortunately, Blizzard is not going to be anywhere near E3.
I would not count on hearing anything about any of their games through this conference.

Edit: But the answer to your question has a couple answers I can think of: 1) Not for a long time & 2) Not soon enough.

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 20:59:
And like every E3 there's only a handful of shit worth hearing about. Top of my list...when the fuck is Diablo 3 going to get here!!!???

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo