Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 722 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2's Flat Leveling Curve
9. Re: Guild Wars 2's Level Cap of 80 Jul 30, 2010, 16:45 Cram

Well I see the logic behind the potential ghost-town situation Zadig mentions. However, despite all the recent articles about GW2, we really don't know very much about this game at all. I won't join any we're-all-gonna-die bandwagon till I play the game. Just because the level cap is higher does not necessarily mean jumping on-board the WoWClone bandwagon if the games systems are fundamentally different and I get the impression they will be. I also see a lot of benefits to raising the level cap and flattening out the curve.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Three Hints?
32. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode Three Hints? Jul 22, 2010, 19:44 Cram

Drayth wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 19:33:
The bitching in here has reached a level that people are bitching to the people bitching about people bitching thinking they are people just bitching.

...not uncommon for Blue'sNews actually.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Gooood....Gooood...Let the hate flow through you." Evil

I would like to, one day, get some serious revenge for what happens at the end of Ep2 though.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 19, 2010, 17:48 Cram

Uematsu is a god.

Though I'm not a huge fan of his more recent stuff, probably due to the material he's composing for is a bit different from my tastes, and from Final Fantasy. Anime's, Blue Dragon (meh weird series) etc. Seems to be deviating from his heavy melodic style.

Also, the concert material has been the same for 8 years (since the 20020220 concert), can we get some new stuff?

News Comments > DirectX 11 WoW
20. Re: DirectX 11 WoW Jul 5, 2010, 16:16 Cram

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 5, 2010, 16:05:
Paying for high-end gear to get snazzy extra effects in 6-year old PC games?

What will they think of next?

Fixed for ya

17. Re: DirectX 11 WoW Jul 5, 2010, 15:58 Cram

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jul 5, 2010, 15:54:
raVen wrote on Jul 5, 2010, 15:31:
400+ for a dx11 card?
You should maybe watch the video card market once in a while:
Newegg.com search for dx11 sorted by price

Posts like these truly elicit those big, dull yawns for me.

Are you really telling me, honestly, that you don't understand what he is saying? Who cares if he got the prices wrong. The mere fact that he has to upgrade his dx9 card for the relatively meager visuals is absurd. THAT, oh not-so-bright one, is what he was trying to say.

QFT.

Not only that, those 50 dollar cards will probably run like GARBAGE. We all saw what Shadow Effects in WotLK can do to even the best video cards. I DOUBT anyone with one of those cheap cards will get the game running past an average 5fps with any of those DX11 features turned on. Especially when flying, or in any form of a battle be it just one on one or in a raid.

EDIT: In summary, you'll still need to shell out a lot of money on a GOOD DX11 card to get any form of decent results.

News Comments > On The Old Republic's End Game
10. Re: On The Old Republic's End Game Jul 5, 2010, 15:56 Cram

Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2010, 15:54:
From the E3 multiplayer demo they showed off I am seriously underwhelmed and unimpressed with what I've seen of the gameplay so far.

And then there's this. Yeah, it didn't look very good at all. I still have faith in Bioware, for now.

News Comments > On The Old Republic's End Game
8. Re: On The Old Republic's End Game Jul 5, 2010, 15:51 Cram

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jul 5, 2010, 14:36:
Fion wrote on Jul 5, 2010, 14:20:
Be prepared for the 'end game gameplay' to be raiding. You might ask 'what does Star Wars have to do with raiding a dungeon?' and the answer is.. not a damn thing.

Why would The Old Republic have anything less to do with raiding than WoW, LOTRO, AOC, etc?

I have not read any of the expanded universe novels, but I've played almost every Star Wars Game, seen all the movies and watch Clone Wars. While Clone Wars has done an admirable job showing that one Jedi alone can't always save the galaxy, every game and all the movies are the opposite. It's always about one Jedi, ultimately saving the entire galaxy himself from evil and oppression. The entire galaxy. For raiding in Old Republic, I find it hard to come to terms with needing 10, 25, 40 or whatever amounts of Jedi to help solve one small problem in some small corner of the galaxy, after having grown up with Star Wars primarily being a one Jedi saves (or destroys) the universe franchise. That said, I find it hard to come to terms but I don't think it's impossible. We'll see what Bioware comes up with.

I'm pleased the developers have experience with WoW and all, but are your developers working on leveling and raiding with 5 level 80 chars or are you working on the game? Since, you know, MMO's require an absurd amount of time and 16hr+ days to make. I do, however, wish Bioware and all Star Wars fans the best with this game, I hope it turns out fantastic.

7. Re: DirectX 11 WoW Jul 5, 2010, 14:38 Cram

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jul 5, 2010, 14:24:
If you don't want the effects, don't turn on dx11 mode.

I'll call you, and raise. While my 3-year old account has been de-activated for a few months now, I am going to call Blizzard and insist they delete every single character on the account (something I should have done in the first place) so I never have a reason to come back to this game second full-time job (and its DirectX11 jaw dropping capabilities).

News Comments > A Decade of Diablo II
7. Re: A Decade of Diablo II Jun 29, 2010, 18:31 Cram

Bucky wrote on Jun 29, 2010, 18:23:
Are there any good Diablo-ish (read: clones) out there that are recent? I've been hungering for some good bash 'em and loot gameplay lately.

I've got Sacred and Sacred 2, Torchlight, Titan Quest Gold. What I really want is a warrior wielding a massive two-hander, but that's even more rare. *sigh*

I want to recommend Revenant but it was very much designed for Windows 98 and has extreme issues with XP or higher. It was a fantastic game. Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 1 & 2 on consoles were also great games.

EDIT: Divine Divinity 1 - All around excellent game.

News Comments > A Decade of Diablo II
3. Re: A Decade of Diablo II Jun 29, 2010, 18:11 Cram

El Pit wrote on Jun 29, 2010, 18:02:
I loved the first "Diablo" game. But the second... For me, it was a letdown. The graphics looked old even back in 2000, and especially the jungle levels with these horrible midgets that shot at you from a distance and ran away from you if you went after them were a royal pain the the anus. I know I speak just for myself, but I loved the dungeons in "Diablo", whereas a lot of this fake open world in the sequel was lacking atmosphere.

You speak not alone my friend. I agree with everything you said 100%. The key point you made for me is the lack of atmosphere in the open world. TRUTH.

That said, I still love D2 and happy 10th anniversary! Still, I definitely preferred the presentation, atmosphere, graphics/art (seriously), sounds and music of the original Diablo much more.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2010, Part 27
1. Re: It Came from E3 2010, Part 27 Jun 29, 2010, 11:46 Cram

I find it unnecessary that every website on the internet has found it necessary to write massive essay length "who won e3" articles that 99% just recap what happened in the conferences, 1% what the author's opinion is.

TOR: I read some preview, can't remember where but it was probably gamespot or ign, for TOR while E3 was happening. The person had 30 minutes of game time, and described it as run-of-the-mill fetchquest MMO, glitchy and with a rough very unpolished battle system. While there is certainly lot's of development time left, I didn't enjoy reading these things about TOR.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha/Beta Comparison
4. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Alpha/Beta Comparison Jun 28, 2010, 13:39 Cram

I like the Interface. Isn't cluttered like most other MMO's. Would be nice to see how it looks when you're in a party of a lot of people.

If the 10 billion mods WoW has for interface improvement modifications say anything, it's that gazillions of dollars a good interface does not make.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2010, 12:13 Cram

FUTURAMA'S BACK BABY!  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2010, Part 17
8. Re: It Came from E3 2010, Part 17 Jun 24, 2010, 11:55 Cram

Nice. I had a great laugh at that because of how true it is. One of the reasons I was sold on Quake2 back during its game magazine previews in 1996 or so was the information about enemy AI. There was some cool stuff going on there that had never been seen in an FPS before. It all mostly ended up being true. I'll never forget this one encounter when I fired the Railgun at a Gunner, the Gunner ducked and avoided the railgun, but also fired 3 grenades in my face in the process. I did not live. It was ridiculous. Turns out that is part of their AI not some random fluke.

That was 13 years ago. The enemies in Rage from two video previews I've watched now look no smarter than the Gunner/Berserkers of Quake2. I'm sure they will be, but again I've seen nothing yet that shows that. The Half Elf nailed it with his description of what has been seen so far.

For sh*ts and giggles, here's the Quake2 bestiary that also does an EXCELLENT job covering the AI of every enemy.

http://planetquake.gamespy.com/View.php?view=GameInfo.Detail&id=3&game=5

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 06:17:
from what I saw it still suffers from ID AI issues. Either they ran right up to you and attacked, or got line of sight and attacked. Yeah they did a few flips, but saying over and over 'each group of baddies have their own signature moved' doesn't sell me on it.

News Comments > Amnesia: The Dark Descent in September
2. Re: Amnesia: The Dark Descent in September Jun 24, 2010, 11:31 Cram

I just played through Penumbra: The Black Plague last week for the first time. It was alright, definitely had its moments.

This looks far better, and I'll will be pre-ordering it through the website momentarily.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2010, Part 17
4. Re: It Came from E3 2010, Part 17 Jun 23, 2010, 16:19 Cram

Before I decided to reply I decided to re-watch the 12 minute IGN Gameplay interview with Tim Willits.

Tim Willits IGN Preview

First observation was that they were playing the PC version (almost 100% certain it's the PC version) using an Xbox Controller which IMO has been a bit of a shady thing a lot of these previews have been doing. Tech5 at 1080 whatever on a 360, I wonder if that will be even possible.

I have never been disappointed with an ID developed game. I have no doubt this game will be fun and probably be worthy of being called a AAA title. I will also most likely buy it, if only because again I have enjoyed all solely ID developed titles (hopping onboard the ID game bandwagon).

That said, this game does not blow me away, at least it has not yet. Certainly not like it has every game site and non-credible poll that fanboy's vote for the best highest praise option and trolls vote for the worst option. The graphics look nice, but graphics alone don't do much for me anymore. They are certainly not substantially better than other games on the market out even right now. I do understand the some of the potential of Tech5, and it appears cool. As for gameplay, there is nothing here I haven't seen or played to death already over the years gaming. Apocalyptic wasteland/sewers/mutants/beaten down towns, been there. Racing and killing, been there. Basic fps elements as shown in this preview, been done to death. What I like to see is more of the physics capabilities behind the engine, as well as how else the environment can effect all forms of gameplay. Electrified water...you know...wow big deal we've seen that in games for years. I'm also not saying the only way a game will blow me away is if it's completely original. Complete originality is almost impossible now, but it feels like I just finished playing a couple games recently that feel very similar to what I saw in this preview.

So I have not seen what has made this game receive the accolades it has, I must assume it has to do with Tech5. Furthermore, I'm worried about the way Tim sidelined the question about Multiplayer. He almost sounded nervous, like he knew we wouldn't be too pleased with the answer(s).

If there are other previews out there I should check out that someone here knows about that does a better job showing the game, please hit me up with a link.

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 2010, 16:25.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
30. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Jun 22, 2010, 17:14 Cram

Corky wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 14:40:
The game is community driven, obviously most of you never belonged to a community that inspired you more than the game itself.

Cram wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 14:33:
Several personal friends, and the only reason I had continued playing for as long as I did, left the game with me. I will never touch it or another MMORPG again.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 22, 2010, 14:38 Cram

Just a quick article about it I found. There are many.
The quote in the article SHOULD have been worded like this (bold is added text):

"ESPN on Xbox LIVE, providing great content from ESPN3.com and ESPN.com, is only available to Xbox LIVE Gold members within the United States. For access to ESPN3.com content, Gold members must receive their Internet connection from an affiliated broadband provider, within the United States.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/108912

mch wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 14:30:
Verno wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 12:13:
The ESPN thing isn't really "free" anyways. Even many people in the US won't qualify for it. It's not a subscription thing, your internet provider needs to have an arrangement with ESPN otherwise you can't get it period. Comcast has a contract with them for example but Charter and TWC do not.

Wait, what? I know this is how it works when you're...for example, streaming World Cup games on ESPN.com, with needing to log in with your ISP info and all that, but I hadn't heard this was the case for the 360 arrangement. Where'd you see this?

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
5. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Jun 22, 2010, 14:33 Cram

I've been free of the beast for 3 months now.
This patch was late even 3 months ago before I ran the fuck away.

"you'll be back"

Several personal friends, and the only reason I had continued playing for as long as I did, left the game with me. I will never touch it or another MMORPG again.

I hope.

News Comments > Late Night Video Game Week
3. Re: Late Night Video Game Week Jun 22, 2010, 14:29 Cram

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 02:26:
Kotaku has the video of the Kinect demo and WOW is it terrible...

Yeah...but with the cue'd crowd applause and Fallon's giddy one liners, I have to agree with a poster at Kotaku that said this event was anything but a marketing fail for Microsoft despite Kinect looking even worse than it did at E3.

Sad.

722 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo