Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 716 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 12, 2010, 21:45 Cram

I was kinda forward to hearing something about Doom4. At least a confirmation that the flashlight would be attached to the gun this time....  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2010, 19:34 Cram

I think Halo Reach has had the most downloaded and played public beta, by far, in the history of beta's. Millions of people (over 3 million last I heard), tens of millions of hours played.

Not a fan of Halo either. Don't think Microsoft or whoever will lose any sleep over that fact.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Announcement
25. Re: BioShock Infinite Announcement Aug 12, 2010, 17:02 Cram

Mcboinkens wrote on Aug 12, 2010, 16:55:
I already pointed out that both settings were nearly impossible to exist, so I don't know why you thought otherwise.

Because apparently I don't know how to read and decided to miss that one particular sentence somehow in your post. Apologies.

At least it's a relatively untouched setting, which should allow for some creative gameplay.

Definitely. Hopefully.

20. Re: BioShock Infinite Announcement Aug 12, 2010, 16:40 Cram

Mcboinkens wrote on Aug 12, 2010, 16:10:
Ugh, now I am getting even further into how this setting pisses me off. The first manned helicopter took flight in 1907, so they're telling me mankind progressed from first manned rotocraft to raising skyscrapers on them in 5 years?

Looks like I'll just have to ignore the science and just play for the fun

None of anything, setting or science, in Bioshock 1 & 2 makes any more sense then this new game. I'm looking over your post about how the sky idea just can't work. I'm having trouble taking you seriously. Do you feel the same way about Bioshock 1 and 2? You should. Did you accept all the science of Bioshock 1&2, but now aren't willing to accept this new games science because it happens before Rapture? If you want to compare the Bioshock series to the real world, I could easily say that there is no way in hell anyone could have built Rapture with technology that we even have today in 2010, nevermind in the 1950's. I could also say that Rapture was built near major epicenters, and most likely any form of Earthquake would have wiped that city away.

7. Re: BioShock Infinite Announcement Aug 12, 2010, 15:38 Cram

I'm intrigued by the setting. Being a sci-fi fan, floating cities have always interested me. As for its relation, or lack thereof, to the previous games in the Bioshock series, I don't know. We've only gotten a very brief synopsis.

I personally don't really care tbh. I've become very used to companies milking their franchises with non-related games. I was first introduced to that with Final Fantasy 1 on the NES, in 1990. 20 years of seeing probably a dozen or two franchises milk the sh*t out of themselves, I'm pretty used to it and accept it.

News Comments > Activision Financials
1. Re: Activision Financials Aug 6, 2010, 13:31 Cram

Though retail is again expected to pick up during the holidays when many people buy games as gifts, this shows that the industry's aggressive push into digital distribution is beginning to pay off."

Same price, less stuff. Guess that's fine for some...or many it seems. I'll always want a physical CD/DVD/whatever in my hand if I'm shelling out 50 or 60 bucks for a game.

Bobby NoDick is probably at Blizzards headquarters right now demanding a subscription rate increase for WoW to make back some $$$, or the creation and selling of several new $25 dollar mounts. EDIT: At least for the next quarter (post Starcraft2 quarter).

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 2010, 13:37.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Announced
38. Re: Torchlight 2 Announced Aug 6, 2010, 13:12 Cram

Numinar wrote on Aug 6, 2010, 12:54:
The money I spent on Torchlight, was for Torchlight, and nothing else.

Me too.

And it was money well spent.

QFT

A co-op sequel to Torchlight will also probably be worth the money.

Definitely.

I also do not recall being promised anything in regards to the MMO, which I also read as free-to-play a way back. If there were some promises made that have, or will be broken, then that is weak. I haven't seen any evidence of anything of the sort yet.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Announced
4. Re: Torchlight 2 Announced Aug 5, 2010, 11:35 Cram

Good news.

I think someone on this site said in another thread that they should release a sequel with multiplayer support before, or rather than, the MMO. Looks like you called it (or most of it).

News Comments > StarCraft II is Year's Biggest PC Game Launch
71. Re: StarCraft II is Year's Biggest PC Game Launch Aug 4, 2010, 18:55 Cram

I think Blizzard's fan service has been extraordinary all across the board. The fact that people still play, for free online, Diablo 1, 2, Starcraft, and the Warcrafts to this day is a testament to that. The servers are still up and all those games are still getting service from Blizzard time to time.

IMO, there seems to be a sense of entitlement with some people. Blizzard never had to bother making SC2. SC1 would have merrily continued on its way and Blizzard could have done something I know they want to do by developing a new IP(s). They didn't need to make SC2, none of us were entitled to it and the fact that they did make SC2 instead of something new is again a testament to their excellent fan service. Incase anyone says something like "they made SC2 because of the $$$, not fan service", well, Blizzard could make anything they want and still make boatloads of $$$; The company is licensed to make money no matter what they do.

Entitlement. lol.

Edit: and just to somewhat help avoid a flaming, I want to stress that I'm not saying people should be happy that Blizzard bothered making SC2. It's not my business to tell anyone to just be happy and shut up. All I'm trying to say is that Blizzard is a company that built its success on its quality games and, IMO, their exceptional fan service. I'm not a fan of the SC franchise. I am a huge fan, however, of the Diablo franchise. If it takes Blizzard about 5 or more years to develop Diablo 3, then fine I have no problem with that. I have a lot of other things I can, and should, be doing during that time. I loved Diablo 2, but looking back there are a lot of problems with that game. If it takes longer to develop a sequel I don't personally feel is necessary, but am definitely looking forward too, then take the time to iron out and polish the game as much as possible. Just like they did with SC2. If you think any of the launch issues SC2 has had are bad, imagine what they would have been like if Blizzard had released the game 1, 2, 3 or whatever years ago.

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 2010, 19:50.

64. Re: StarCraft II is Year's Biggest PC Game Launch Aug 4, 2010, 00:24 Cram

Donkey_Punch wrote on Aug 3, 2010, 22:35:
nin wrote on Aug 3, 2010, 13:44:

Ive been playing RTS games before you were born little boy!

I was born in 1975, so I seriously doubt that.

I find it cute when people assume there aren't even older gamers out there. I have you beat by 10 years.

Not sure how that'd matter in this case, I don't think there were RTS games on PC's in 1975 (which is the point I think nin was trying to make to ethug) or in 1965. But what do I know.

27. Re: StarCraft II is Year's Biggest PC Game Launch Aug 3, 2010, 13:50 Cram

I'm surprised they only sold 1.5 million copies after two days world-wide considering the game is a religion in Korea, as well as one of the most anticipated titles in a long time, as well as a game you don't even have to leave your house to buy (digital download, for them lazy people ). On top of that, you could have a 4 year old (or older) computer that could run this game; in other words there are tens if not hundreds of millions of SC2 playable PC's out there. I guess that last statement is a major assumption, but still. I suppose there are two more major expansions (which are hopefully priced as expansions) to come so at the end of the day..... $$

Darks wrote on Aug 3, 2010, 13:42:
fuck you nin, I would kick ur ass anyday of the week in any RTS game.

Ive been playing RTS games before you were born little boy!

lolol

News Comments > Out of the Blue
61. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2010, 22:07 Cram

My condolences Blue.

8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 1, 2010, 19:50 Cram

This concert needs more contests. Post-haste.  

News Comments > ATI Beta Drivers Add StarCraft II Anti-Aliasing
3. Re: ATI Beta Drivers Add StarCraft II Anti-Aliasing Jul 30, 2010, 18:29 Cram

I believe I can somewhat sum up what's been discussed about this on Bluesnews. I think the majority of people calling for AA do not think it's absolutely necessary for them, but believe it's a feature that has absolutely no reason not to be available for them should they want it being 2010 and all. Do I think I personally need AA? Nope. Do I think the option should be available? Abso-f**kin-lutely. If the option were available, I'd turn it on max just because I could.

It better be an option for Diablo 3.

Bosanac wrote on Jul 30, 2010, 18:04:
Whats the big deal? I play on 1920x1200 on Ultra and haven't once noticed a need for anti-aliasing. Looks beautiful, runs beautiful, who the shit needs AA?

News Comments > Guild Wars 2's Flat Leveling Curve
9. Re: Guild Wars 2's Level Cap of 80 Jul 30, 2010, 16:45 Cram

Well I see the logic behind the potential ghost-town situation Zadig mentions. However, despite all the recent articles about GW2, we really don't know very much about this game at all. I won't join any we're-all-gonna-die bandwagon till I play the game. Just because the level cap is higher does not necessarily mean jumping on-board the WoWClone bandwagon if the games systems are fundamentally different and I get the impression they will be. I also see a lot of benefits to raising the level cap and flattening out the curve.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Three Hints?
32. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode Three Hints? Jul 22, 2010, 19:44 Cram

Drayth wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 19:33:
The bitching in here has reached a level that people are bitching to the people bitching about people bitching thinking they are people just bitching.

...not uncommon for Blue'sNews actually.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Gooood....Gooood...Let the hate flow through you." Evil

I would like to, one day, get some serious revenge for what happens at the end of Ep2 though.

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 19, 2010, 17:48 Cram

Uematsu is a god.

Though I'm not a huge fan of his more recent stuff, probably due to the material he's composing for is a bit different from my tastes, and from Final Fantasy. Anime's, Blue Dragon (meh weird series) etc. Seems to be deviating from his heavy melodic style.

Also, the concert material has been the same for 8 years (since the 20020220 concert), can we get some new stuff?

News Comments > DirectX 11 WoW
20. Re: DirectX 11 WoW Jul 5, 2010, 16:16 Cram

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 5, 2010, 16:05:
Paying for high-end gear to get snazzy extra effects in 6-year old PC games?

What will they think of next?

Fixed for ya

News Comments > DirectX 11 WoW
17. Re: DirectX 11 WoW Jul 5, 2010, 15:58 Cram

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jul 5, 2010, 15:54:
raVen wrote on Jul 5, 2010, 15:31:
400+ for a dx11 card?
You should maybe watch the video card market once in a while:
Newegg.com search for dx11 sorted by price

Posts like these truly elicit those big, dull yawns for me.

Are you really telling me, honestly, that you don't understand what he is saying? Who cares if he got the prices wrong. The mere fact that he has to upgrade his dx9 card for the relatively meager visuals is absurd. THAT, oh not-so-bright one, is what he was trying to say.

QFT.

Not only that, those 50 dollar cards will probably run like GARBAGE. We all saw what Shadow Effects in WotLK can do to even the best video cards. I DOUBT anyone with one of those cheap cards will get the game running past an average 5fps with any of those DX11 features turned on. Especially when flying, or in any form of a battle be it just one on one or in a raid.

EDIT: In summary, you'll still need to shell out a lot of money on a GOOD DX11 card to get any form of decent results.

News Comments > On The Old Republic's End Game
10. Re: On The Old Republic's End Game Jul 5, 2010, 15:56 Cram

Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2010, 15:54:
From the E3 multiplayer demo they showed off I am seriously underwhelmed and unimpressed with what I've seen of the gameplay so far.

And then there's this. Yeah, it didn't look very good at all. I still have faith in Bioware, for now.

716 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo