Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 717 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2010, 15:03 Cram

Speaking of ad's, I've seen ads for d2legit.com pop up a few times over the last couple days. It's a Diablo 2 gold-farming site. Not sure if anyone even cares; I know some sites do not care for having gold farming sites promoted on theirs.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Amnesia Postmortem
103. Re: Amnesia Postmortem Sep 21, 2010, 05:14 Cram

I want to give props to everyone that brought up and supported Thief in this thread (particularly Thief 3 and Shalebridge). Unfortunately, in the past on Bluesnews, Thief 3 has a horrible reputation for various reasons I've never agreed with. There really has been so much bitching about that game due to its ports, among other things, that I too have felt the need to defend it (the PC version) against the masses. Amazing game, hidden away within an amazing franchise.

I think that is what has happened here against Amnesia. The thing is, I just can not agree with or relate to the negative issues that have been brought up against it (Amnesia). From those that have tried to articulate their complaints, or to those that are blatant trolls that I hope Blue bans immediately.

When one asks (more or less) "why should I play this game when I have better games to play?", I have to ask this: Why are you even posting then? What is the point; it has been determined that your unfortunate experience/or lack of fitting into the niche of this title will not deter from those that had a positive experience or change your own mind about this game so why continually post about not having the time or desire to play this game? Resist the need to have to respond to a post that counters your opinion, because (especially on Bluesnews) no ones mind/opinion is going to change at the hand of a forum post. This goes for those that support Amnesia as well, consider the fact that those non-trolls that have articulated themselves well enough in this thread aren't against this game, the developer or the genre itself but just feel the game lacks (or contains) what they are looking for (or not looking for).

To get back on topic, I support Frictional but I really wonder what may or may not be going on in their heads over there. What were your sales projections...really? For a game with LITERALLY no pre-release marketing. On top of that, little re-playability and, as I mentioned in another thread, somewhat short play time and no level editor upon release. Several mainstream websites still have not covered your game, reviewed it or have even mentioned it. You reached #2 on Steam, that is a remarkable achievement for the lack of $$$ you put into getting info on this game out there. I only bought this game because of absolute random word of mouth (Jerykk few months back).

As others have stated, a bit more play-time and a more decent ending(s) would have made this a worthy $30 title.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2010, 05:30.

News Comments > Amnesia Postmortem
79. Re: Amnesia Postmortem Sep 20, 2010, 12:46 Cram

re: Doors & Mouse

I'm not really sure what's going on with Beamers having to move the mouse so much to open a door. Turn your mouse sensitivity up? I only have to move mine an inch in either direction...

Since you don't really ever get chased early in the game, the doors may not seem to serve a function. Later in the game when you're constantly being chased, you often have a half a second to a second lead over the monster. When you approach a door, you don't know if you have to pull or push. Making the wrong choice, and you're done.

The doors were an excellent feature of this game, at least when your mouse isn't making you pay for it. Mine did not.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Multiplayer Details
12. Re: Dead Space 2 Multiplayer Details Sep 13, 2010, 06:04 Cram

You know....whatever. I'm used to Bluesnews forum silliness but I blew an absurdity fuse with this thread.

They have a separate partner working on the Multiplayer. The core team that did Dead Space is working solely on the single player for Dead Space 2.

It's a new feature. I can't believe any of you are complaining about an extra/new feature, one that a separate team is working on. Don't play Multiplayer if you don't want too, it is not detracting from the Single Player experience that the original Dead Space team is solely working on. The fact is, there was and is a demand of multiplayer and now those that wanted it are going to get it.

"looks shit - they should have done co-op campaign instead"

I'm under the impression from Gametrailers Dead Space 2 Multiplayer revealed 20 minute video that there IS a co-op campaign.

I agree with Jerykk's point re: immersion etc, but not with "Completely unnecessary." Every single review this game (Dead Space 1) had written for it was calling for Multiplayer. Yes, these are just reviews that we all claim we don't care about on this site, so I spent a few minutes just now going through the interwebs. There are dozens of webpages and forums I just found with various Dead Space fans also calling for multiplayer. There seems to be a demand, one that I assume was researched with far more effort and time then the time I spent just now researching it. And again two different teams (partners) working on two different modes. I'll say it again since I get the impression the denseness is strong in this thread: The original Dead Space team is working SOLELY on the Single Player campaign.

Holy hell. Carry on.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2010, 06:24.

News Comments > Steam Bestsellers
22. Re: Steam Bestsellers Sep 13, 2010, 03:54 Cram

heroin wrote on Sep 13, 2010, 03:49:
But as a game you'd still have to say that Amnesia as a whole is on par with the Thief series (well, except for 3 - for me, which was just sort of an average game and somewhat of a disappointment). Thief 2 was killer though and obviously when Thief came out it was the shit, unlike anything else before it.

Definitely Heroin. Thief 3 was...ok. The other Thie'ves were pretty good. Shalebridge Cradle was special though, it just came out of no where and when I reached that level it happened to be 2am in the morning the night before Halloween. My disgust over not being able to get Thief 3 to run on Windows 7 just for the level is strong.

After so many years, Amnesia is something pretty special too. I give Frictional my heartfelt congrats on the initial success of the game.

Edit: Also, thank you Jerykk for your post in this thread I immediately checked the link, watched the trailer and was convinced enough to preorder the game because of it. Well played.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2010, 04:08.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
2. Re: Sunday Previews Sep 13, 2010, 03:28 Cram

"gamers are hopelessly waiting for Diablo III to come out."

Yup. To that end, I just this month started putting about $50 a paycheck aside for a new computer to purchase sometime in 2011 for Dead Space 2, GuildWars 2 and Diablo 3 purposes.

My current computer is 4 years old, and while it can still play a lot of new games fairly well with its upgraded ram and vid card....it's still 4 years old and may decide to not turn on ever again the next time I shut it down.

Also, I hope Diablo 3 comes out before 2025.

News Comments > Steam Bestsellers
20. Re: Steam Bestsellers Sep 13, 2010, 03:23 Cram

Copy/Paste of my videosift post regarding this game:

Bought, played (at night with headphones) and beaten.

Just get the negatives out of the way first: too short & I still found Shalebridge Cradle from Thief 3 scarier/moodier/ more atmospheric than anything this game had to offer.

Positives: Just about everything else. I did enjoy this game better than anything from Penumbra. For me it's no Shalebridge, but damn for $20 and so many years after that experience in Thief 3 this was a joy. I'm glad there are developers out there willing to take risks with these kinds of games.

This game was almost canceled several times, for more information please visit the Frictional Games forums. This game seriously nearly died a number of times. I'm thankful it didn't.

Support Frictional, buy this game and enjoy it. Play at night, with headphones as suggested by the development team. Let yourself get immersed by this game, and don't try playing it like an FPS. Support them, and hopefully they continue to make games of this quality at such a bargain price.

Link to vid that hit #1: http://videosift.com/video/The-Most-Terrifying-Video-Game-Ever

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Popcap Sep 9, 2010, 20:50 Cram

Nice to see a company not run or motivated by greed and stupid decisions. Good on them.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Amnesia Sep 8, 2010, 12:52 Cram

Got the game, played it for several hours last night.
Worth every dollar so far. Waiting till the sun sets to continue.

News Comments > The Dark Descent Demos
5. Re: The Dark Descent Demos Sep 4, 2010, 09:41 Cram

God damn f*cking water! $&@*&@#^$!

Game bought.

News Comments > Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
1. Re: Serious Sam: The Second Encounter Sep 1, 2010, 03:59 Cram

Am I right to be confused about paying $9.99 for the non-recently released non-HD version of this game?

Edit: I know the Steam cost is a bit higher than 9.99 for the HD version, but there are steam sales....and if you want to play Multiplayer than the HD version is the way to go for Co-Op.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2010, 04:06.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Postponed
13. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Postponed Aug 31, 2010, 15:24 Cram

PropheT wrote on Aug 31, 2010, 14:56:
From what I played of it, the controls and UI are so completely and utterly awful that I hope they've pushed the game back to take that entire part of the game back to the drawing board. It was easily one of the worst MMO's I've ever played, even in beta phase. SWG was better and it was a mess.

I hearing a lot of comments like this, even from those that consider FFXI the greatest thing ever. I've heard enough to know that I'll be completely passing on this one.

News Comments > On Diablo III Crafting
11. Re: On Diablo III Crafting Aug 31, 2010, 14:53 Cram

The fame system was a nice compliment to leveling as well.

Gold was actually important in TL and more or less never has been in the Diablo games. I believe this is being addressed in D3.

AA'd 1080p is looks and plays great. There is also a mod available that substantially improves/replaces almost every texture in the game, greatly improving graphical quality (which was pretty good to begin with).

Shared Stash & the Retirement System were a nice touch.

No one is claiming most of the stuff in Torchlight is original, but a lot of the features weren't in D1 or D2 and sure as hell better be in Diablo 3.

News Comments > Runic: Torchlight 3 Before Diablo III
8. Re: Runic: Torchlight 3 before Diablo III Aug 24, 2010, 23:15 Cram

Paketep wrote on Aug 24, 2010, 20:43:
After all the features cut in SC2, a lot of people are saying "What the hell happened to Blizzard?" (the answer is easy: Acti and Kotick).

Well these people obviously do not, and never, understood Blizzard development considering they cut tons of things from every single one of their games. I could write an essay of announced features and game mechanics for Diablo 2 that were cut from the game (all from the PCGamer and Computer Gaming World magazines that announced those features through interviews with Roper among others back in 1998). Those same features they all touted for over a year before canceling a lot of them. The most obvious one of course was Guild Halls.

Undoubtedly they did the same with SC1, Brood Wars, WC3, Frozen Throne and all the pre Activision WoW content. This isn't anything new with Blizzard, this is standard development for them. Activision has nothing to do with it.

Shaefer and his team worked on the first version of Diablo III between release of LoD and 2003 (when they canned the project and the team left Blizzard North). Btw you can find all the information about that on a number of Diablo related websites. I have no doubt they implemented as much D3 features they had developed at that time into TL and the upcoming TL2 (within legal means). Shaefer has a point when he says he knows what's going on, because he can easily tell from the gameplay videos and announced features for the new DIII what has been reused from the canned version. He knows what's up, and he is right for $60 for Blizzard to retain their reputation the game has to be near-perfect to 100% perfect.

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 2010, 23:43.

News Comments > Neverwinter Announced
4. Re: Neverwinter Announced Aug 23, 2010, 11:43 Cram

Alamar wrote on Aug 23, 2010, 11:36:
We (at Blues) hate Cryptic right? I can't keep track anymore...
-Alamar

Well, we at Blue's have no idea why in the hell they had hired Bill Roper. That's caused an uproar or two (or fifteen) on the site. As for hate of their other projects, I have no idea.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
18. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 22, 2010, 15:45 Cram

At this point in time, potions are in the game and they've been slightly WoW'ified. I at no time since the games' announcement recall any statement that potions were gone, though I admit I haven't read every single Bashiok blue post or read absolutely every Jay Wilson interview.

Agreed that it would be a mistake not to bring it over, from the business side of things, as long as it does not come at the expense of the PC version. In other words, removing features from the PC version because they wouldn't work in the console version. Sure they're designing it as a PC only game right now (as far as we know), that definitely does not mean that things won't change and that sacrifices will have to be made.

Z9000 wrote on Aug 22, 2010, 13:53:
when they announced potions were gone and you would instead run over things on the ground

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2010, 15:53.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: TED Aug 20, 2010, 15:04 Cram

Bill Borre wrote on Aug 20, 2010, 13:37:
Am I the only one that finds Molyneux's aspirations creepy?

No.

All I see out of Milo is some sort of pedophile molestation simulator. It's really creepy. As for the rest of the things Molyneux says and does, well that's all f*cked up too.

News Comments > Diablo III Caravan Trailer
9. Re: Diablo III Caravan Trailer Aug 18, 2010, 21:32 Cram

DangerDog wrote on Aug 18, 2010, 20:08:

Um yeah, not so exciting tbh. I want to spend less time in towns

Seems like the systems they're implementing are to make it so you spend less time in towns.

Exactly. Quick and easy salvage of loot with a few Ctrl-Left Clicks. Extremely quick, and way less travel to towns as a result.

EDIT: Sort of reminds me of the pet's ability in Torchlight to take your crap to town for you (again just by a few ctrl-left clicks) so you don't have to waste time going to town yourself.

News Comments > Torchlight II Trailer
6. Re: Torchlight II Trailer Aug 18, 2010, 15:43 Cram

I got more for my $20 on Torchlight than a number of games I paid $40-$50 for. I just hope they keep this new one within the same price range. It will be a day one purchase.

From the trailer it looks like the first one, but more polished. I'm good with that. The outdoor environments look great. I just hope they do not go the Diablo 2 route and make dungeons more or less useless. In Diablo 2, you were not required to do many of the available dungeons (Caves, Crypts, Flayer Lairs, Those portals in act 5 dungeons etc), so no one ever did them. The rewards sucked. I have some faith though, even Torchlight 1 had bonus levels (through the maps you could buy, or through sidequests) and the rewards were alright. EXP, Fame, loot and gold. Another bonus for Torchlight, gold is actually important.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Kinect Football Aug 17, 2010, 12:28 Cram

Poor excuse for dancing simulators, poor excuse for exercise/workout simulators. Pointless jumping and flailing (heavily) your arms around rafting games, and now Football shovel-ware. I'd hate to live in an basement suite/apartment/condo complex and have anyone above me own a Kinect. Seriously, I'd lose my shit.

XBox Blu-Ray: I wonder how close 360 sales would have been to the Wii, as of this day, had the 360 supported BluRay from the beginning.

717 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo