Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 711 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Raven Layoffs
22. Re: Raven Layoffs Oct 11, 2010, 16:54 Cram

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 11, 2010, 16:48:
Sympathy = Zero

I wanted to buy Singularity but they decided not to release it on Steam here in the UK. And Wolfenstein didn't appear to a while after release and hasn't been discounted, so I skipped that as well. Two games I wanted but that their terrible business practices prevented me from buying.

Depressing post to read. I can't say I know this 100%, but I'm fairly certain the people getting laid off were not the ones that decide when and how a game is released in the UK, nor when to discount it. That's most likely an entirely different department, most likely the publisher and/or parent (Activision). I think you're upset with the wrong people.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Raven Layoffs
1. Re: Raven Layoffs Oct 11, 2010, 14:49 Cram

This is depressing.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 10, 2010, 05:26 Cram

First headlined feature of the 3DSLite (or whatever):

- Substantially improved battery life.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Cataclysm Oct 8, 2010, 03:51 Cram

Are you seriously being paid to state shit like this? It "should" sell 4 million this year, well I guess you're safe if it doesn't because it "should" have but didn't so blame someone else.

Whatever you're being paid, analyst, is offensive if all you have to do is predict the obvious but state it in ways that you're safe if you're wrong.

Guess that is just how the world, or at least North America, works.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 7, 2010, 11:44 Cram

After the advertisement takeover on Gamespot for FFXIV...I was convinced they were gonna give the game several dozen happy reacharounds...

I was quite wrong.

News Comments > On Star Wars: The Old Republic's Advanced Classes
5. Re: On Star Wars: The Old Republic's Advanced Classes Oct 2, 2010, 12:01 Cram

Esoteric wrote on Oct 2, 2010, 04:47:
I like Bioware, but for some reason I don't think this is going to be a very good MMO.

Coverage from E3 on this one did not give me a very warm fuzzy feeling inside, considering that the game was due for release, at that time, in less then a year.

I predict, obviously can't prove, the launch will fabricate happy times through its hype but that deep down a lot of people are gonna feel pretty empty and sad. I hope that's not the case, and this one truly lives up to the hype (of which Bioware is mostly generating themselves).

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2010, 12:11.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Launches
14. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Launches Sep 30, 2010, 22:52 Cram

Creston wrote on Sep 30, 2010, 22:45:
Cram wrote on Sep 30, 2010, 22:16:
JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 30, 2010, 22:08:
The opening movie alone was worth 50 bucks.

Jest or not, pray Bobby Kotick doesn't catch wind of that comment. I'll blame you if I have to pay $30+ bucks just to watch Diablo 3's visuals.

Oh please. As if ANYTHING the customers want or think has ever made any kind of difference to what Bobby Cocktick does.

Creston

Touche

12. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Launches Sep 30, 2010, 22:16 Cram

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 30, 2010, 22:08:
The opening movie alone was worth 50 bucks.

Jest or not, pray Bobby Kotick doesn't catch wind of that comment. I'll blame you if I have to pay $30+ bucks just to watch Diablo 3's visuals.

10. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Launches Sep 30, 2010, 21:56 Cram

Verno wrote on Sep 30, 2010, 20:52:
Terrible game released in the typical MMO manner - far too early and full of broken shit. Square learned nothing about modern MMO design and they swapped party grinding for generic timer based leve grinds. The interface was designed for gamepads which is just the final piece of shit on the pile.

Agreed all around.

I can't wait to read IGN and Gamespots reviews especially considering FFXIV ads have COMPLETELY taken over both sites. I'm sure a good laugh or two will be had.

News Comments > TopWare Says Two Worlds II is Complete
6. Re: TopWare Says Two Worlds II is Complete Sep 29, 2010, 17:28 Cram

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 29, 2010, 17:23:
Last I checked there is literally nothing coming out after CoD in November, so one wonders why they wouldn't just delay to early December.

Though there is no official announcement of a release date, the general consensus for late November/early December: Cataclysm.

Albeit, Cataclysm is a PC only release.

6. Re: Game Reviews Sep 29, 2010, 16:24 Cram

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 29, 2010, 15:23:
The problem with new MMOs is that people always compare them to MMOs that have been out several years.

Personally well aware of that but it is irrelevant in this case. This is a very poorly designed and rushed game by any reasonable gamers standards, though maybe in a year or two once several DOZEN things are addressed it could become an adequate one. By that time, this game will have fallen off the radar.

I had high hopes for this one when they announced it. The beta barbarically dashed my hopes almost immediately, and the final release product has shown no signs of improvement. This was right up there with Hellgate: London's beta in my books for letdown/fail. The difference being that SquareEnix and the Final Fantasy franchise are just too big to fail. I have similar hopes for Guild Wars 2, I hope they aren't dashed well.

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 2010, 16:30.

2. Re: Game Reviews Sep 29, 2010, 13:33 Cram

The FFXIV review sounds about right, but is missing many more negatives that are still around from the beta.

Ignore this one people, at least for another year.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 27, 2010, 01:47 Cram

That was one of the funniest videos I've ever seen/heard.

DErAileD wrote on Sep 27, 2010, 01:24:
I'm upset that Amnesia: Dark Descent has fallen from the top 10. I mean, c'mon, a game that produces scares like this should stay in the top 10 at least 2-3 weeks after release.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2010, 15:59 Cram

Poor quality Print Screen from a little bit ago.

I did happen to be on that site maybe a week ago having a laugh at the prices. Maybe googles nefarious data-mining kept track of that and is popping up ads for me to places I've been or places similar to those I've been too. I really don't know how those ads work.

Edit: Another one 3 seconds after I posted this message.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2010, 15:03 Cram

Speaking of ad's, I've seen ads for d2legit.com pop up a few times over the last couple days. It's a Diablo 2 gold-farming site. Not sure if anyone even cares; I know some sites do not care for having gold farming sites promoted on theirs.  

News Comments > Amnesia Postmortem
103. Re: Amnesia Postmortem Sep 21, 2010, 05:14 Cram

I want to give props to everyone that brought up and supported Thief in this thread (particularly Thief 3 and Shalebridge). Unfortunately, in the past on Bluesnews, Thief 3 has a horrible reputation for various reasons I've never agreed with. There really has been so much bitching about that game due to its ports, among other things, that I too have felt the need to defend it (the PC version) against the masses. Amazing game, hidden away within an amazing franchise.

I think that is what has happened here against Amnesia. The thing is, I just can not agree with or relate to the negative issues that have been brought up against it (Amnesia). From those that have tried to articulate their complaints, or to those that are blatant trolls that I hope Blue bans immediately.

When one asks (more or less) "why should I play this game when I have better games to play?", I have to ask this: Why are you even posting then? What is the point; it has been determined that your unfortunate experience/or lack of fitting into the niche of this title will not deter from those that had a positive experience or change your own mind about this game so why continually post about not having the time or desire to play this game? Resist the need to have to respond to a post that counters your opinion, because (especially on Bluesnews) no ones mind/opinion is going to change at the hand of a forum post. This goes for those that support Amnesia as well, consider the fact that those non-trolls that have articulated themselves well enough in this thread aren't against this game, the developer or the genre itself but just feel the game lacks (or contains) what they are looking for (or not looking for).

To get back on topic, I support Frictional but I really wonder what may or may not be going on in their heads over there. What were your sales projections...really? For a game with LITERALLY no pre-release marketing. On top of that, little re-playability and, as I mentioned in another thread, somewhat short play time and no level editor upon release. Several mainstream websites still have not covered your game, reviewed it or have even mentioned it. You reached #2 on Steam, that is a remarkable achievement for the lack of $$$ you put into getting info on this game out there. I only bought this game because of absolute random word of mouth (Jerykk few months back).

As others have stated, a bit more play-time and a more decent ending(s) would have made this a worthy $30 title.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2010, 05:30.

News Comments > Amnesia Postmortem
79. Re: Amnesia Postmortem Sep 20, 2010, 12:46 Cram

re: Doors & Mouse

I'm not really sure what's going on with Beamers having to move the mouse so much to open a door. Turn your mouse sensitivity up? I only have to move mine an inch in either direction...

Since you don't really ever get chased early in the game, the doors may not seem to serve a function. Later in the game when you're constantly being chased, you often have a half a second to a second lead over the monster. When you approach a door, you don't know if you have to pull or push. Making the wrong choice, and you're done.

The doors were an excellent feature of this game, at least when your mouse isn't making you pay for it. Mine did not.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Multiplayer Details
12. Re: Dead Space 2 Multiplayer Details Sep 13, 2010, 06:04 Cram

You know....whatever. I'm used to Bluesnews forum silliness but I blew an absurdity fuse with this thread.

They have a separate partner working on the Multiplayer. The core team that did Dead Space is working solely on the single player for Dead Space 2.

It's a new feature. I can't believe any of you are complaining about an extra/new feature, one that a separate team is working on. Don't play Multiplayer if you don't want too, it is not detracting from the Single Player experience that the original Dead Space team is solely working on. The fact is, there was and is a demand of multiplayer and now those that wanted it are going to get it.

"looks shit - they should have done co-op campaign instead"

I'm under the impression from Gametrailers Dead Space 2 Multiplayer revealed 20 minute video that there IS a co-op campaign.

I agree with Jerykk's point re: immersion etc, but not with "Completely unnecessary." Every single review this game (Dead Space 1) had written for it was calling for Multiplayer. Yes, these are just reviews that we all claim we don't care about on this site, so I spent a few minutes just now going through the interwebs. There are dozens of webpages and forums I just found with various Dead Space fans also calling for multiplayer. There seems to be a demand, one that I assume was researched with far more effort and time then the time I spent just now researching it. And again two different teams (partners) working on two different modes. I'll say it again since I get the impression the denseness is strong in this thread: The original Dead Space team is working SOLELY on the Single Player campaign.

Holy hell. Carry on.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2010, 06:24.

News Comments > Steam Bestsellers
22. Re: Steam Bestsellers Sep 13, 2010, 03:54 Cram

heroin wrote on Sep 13, 2010, 03:49:
But as a game you'd still have to say that Amnesia as a whole is on par with the Thief series (well, except for 3 - for me, which was just sort of an average game and somewhat of a disappointment). Thief 2 was killer though and obviously when Thief came out it was the shit, unlike anything else before it.

Definitely Heroin. Thief 3 was...ok. The other Thie'ves were pretty good. Shalebridge Cradle was special though, it just came out of no where and when I reached that level it happened to be 2am in the morning the night before Halloween. My disgust over not being able to get Thief 3 to run on Windows 7 just for the level is strong.

After so many years, Amnesia is something pretty special too. I give Frictional my heartfelt congrats on the initial success of the game.

Edit: Also, thank you Jerykk for your post in this thread I immediately checked the link, watched the trailer and was convinced enough to preorder the game because of it. Well played.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2010, 04:08.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
2. Re: Sunday Previews Sep 13, 2010, 03:28 Cram

"gamers are hopelessly waiting for Diablo III to come out."

Yup. To that end, I just this month started putting about $50 a paycheck aside for a new computer to purchase sometime in 2011 for Dead Space 2, GuildWars 2 and Diablo 3 purposes.

My current computer is 4 years old, and while it can still play a lot of new games fairly well with its upgraded ram and vid card....it's still 4 years old and may decide to not turn on ever again the next time I shut it down.

Also, I hope Diablo 3 comes out before 2025.

711 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo