Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 716 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2
14. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 25, 2010, 01:31 Cram

Anyone on Bluesnews been around since the Diablo II "Stress Test"? Talk to me. Remember how, despite the stress test, the week D2 was released Battle.net was a complete lag fail shitshow?

Remember how that test destroyed Battle.net, consistently? My knowledge of D2 development before that test is limited to whatever Computer Gaming World told me. Was there a beta? Was anyone involved in that beta? If it existed, please tell me all about it as I'm very interested. When/Where/How etc and all that. What changed, what didn't etc.

I personally don't see this game coming out till 3rd to 4th quarter 2012. Hopefully 3rd quarter so I can enjoy the game for a bit before some crazy shit happens and we all die for some reason in December.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 00:01:
Does that mean Diablo 3 is going to be a 2013(or later) release?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1
24. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 24, 2010, 01:35 Cram

Defending of some useless topic aside, I watched the Q&A session for D3 on Youtube (link not among those in this news post, but will probably show up tomorrow). Not a single person asked a REMOTELY good question. What a god damn waste of an hour. Add to that, the physical appearances of these people made me sad. Really really sad. It was embarassing watching these people ask questions with their ridiculous and socially awkward mannerisms among other things.

I felt bad for half the D3 panel, who ended up not saying a word over the whole hour because everyone kept on asking about Dyes for armor and ridiculous PVP questions that had literally already been answered during the PVP announcement yesterday. I almost feel bad for anyone, who like me is a Diablo fanatic, who paid $40 for the Diablo aspect of Blizzcon on DirectTV. I only don't because you paid $40 for nothing that wasn't almost immediately released on Youtube minutes/hours later. Also, the opening ceremonies where the big Demon Hunter announcement was made ended up being free. Now I'm off topic; what was the point of paying $40 for Blizzcon DirectTV? The cataclysm panels were filled with old info, the Q&A's were filled with bitter and/or uninformed fans.

Watching WoW fans attempt to get into arguments with the development team because they don't like what they're doing with the Paladin and/or Hunter just made me feel embarrassed to be a gamer.

/rant

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2010, 02:05.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 18, 2010, 23:50 Cram

I think TMNT will stand the test of time for being the most difficult game ever made. I don't say that for the areas that people typically complain about (the dam with electic plants, for example. Place was amateur hour compared to the rest of the game). I refer to the caverns before the Technodrome, and the interior of the Technodrome itself. Jesus Tapdancing Christ, wtf were they thinking?  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 16, 2010, 02:41 Cram

Getting a Samsung Galaxy S next week, will be one of my first downloads.  

News Comments > EA Bashing
45. Re: EA Bashing Oct 13, 2010, 13:47 Cram

I get the sense this is true, though exaggerated at points as he's blowing off some steam trying to vent. I think we all do it at some point in our lives, we want sympathy for some negative situation so we go a little further with the negativity to make things seem a bit worse then it is. For the 300m part, well budget is important in vast enterprises like this game appears to be, I could definitely believe this individual had access to this information.

From the E3 2010 coverage, gameplay footage and formal E3 presentation for SWTOR, I also have no problem believing this game is going to be balls. With less then a year to release (at E3 time), the game shown to the world at E3 wasn't even at FFXIV level. Don't get me wrong though, while I am a hater of FFXIV, I do not want to end up being a hater of this one. I hope it turns out to be an excellent game and my fears are unwarranted.

Edit: In the end, I do not think this game will come close to competing with WoW. WoW is too polished, massive and established at this point, and 12 million (or whatever the real number is) players have invested too much time in their multiple level 80's (85's by the time SWTOR comes out).

It'll be a "oooh shiny" situation, people will switch to SWTOR, play the game for a few months and realize it isn't WoW. Bye bye SWTOR subscribers. They can make SWTOR as "WOTLK casual" friendly as they want, I don't think it'll matter in the end.

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 2010, 13:54.

News Comments > Raven Layoffs
22. Re: Raven Layoffs Oct 11, 2010, 16:54 Cram

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 11, 2010, 16:48:
Sympathy = Zero

I wanted to buy Singularity but they decided not to release it on Steam here in the UK. And Wolfenstein didn't appear to a while after release and hasn't been discounted, so I skipped that as well. Two games I wanted but that their terrible business practices prevented me from buying.

Depressing post to read. I can't say I know this 100%, but I'm fairly certain the people getting laid off were not the ones that decide when and how a game is released in the UK, nor when to discount it. That's most likely an entirely different department, most likely the publisher and/or parent (Activision). I think you're upset with the wrong people.

News Comments > Raven Layoffs
1. Re: Raven Layoffs Oct 11, 2010, 14:49 Cram

This is depressing.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 10, 2010, 05:26 Cram

First headlined feature of the 3DSLite (or whatever):

- Substantially improved battery life.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Cataclysm Oct 8, 2010, 03:51 Cram

Are you seriously being paid to state shit like this? It "should" sell 4 million this year, well I guess you're safe if it doesn't because it "should" have but didn't so blame someone else.

Whatever you're being paid, analyst, is offensive if all you have to do is predict the obvious but state it in ways that you're safe if you're wrong.

Guess that is just how the world, or at least North America, works.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 7, 2010, 11:44 Cram

After the advertisement takeover on Gamespot for FFXIV...I was convinced they were gonna give the game several dozen happy reacharounds...

I was quite wrong.

News Comments > On Star Wars: The Old Republic's Advanced Classes
5. Re: On Star Wars: The Old Republic's Advanced Classes Oct 2, 2010, 12:01 Cram

Esoteric wrote on Oct 2, 2010, 04:47:
I like Bioware, but for some reason I don't think this is going to be a very good MMO.

Coverage from E3 on this one did not give me a very warm fuzzy feeling inside, considering that the game was due for release, at that time, in less then a year.

I predict, obviously can't prove, the launch will fabricate happy times through its hype but that deep down a lot of people are gonna feel pretty empty and sad. I hope that's not the case, and this one truly lives up to the hype (of which Bioware is mostly generating themselves).

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2010, 12:11.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Launches
14. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Launches Sep 30, 2010, 22:52 Cram

Creston wrote on Sep 30, 2010, 22:45:
Cram wrote on Sep 30, 2010, 22:16:
JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 30, 2010, 22:08:
The opening movie alone was worth 50 bucks.

Jest or not, pray Bobby Kotick doesn't catch wind of that comment. I'll blame you if I have to pay $30+ bucks just to watch Diablo 3's visuals.

Oh please. As if ANYTHING the customers want or think has ever made any kind of difference to what Bobby Cocktick does.

Creston

Touche

12. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Launches Sep 30, 2010, 22:16 Cram

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 30, 2010, 22:08:
The opening movie alone was worth 50 bucks.

Jest or not, pray Bobby Kotick doesn't catch wind of that comment. I'll blame you if I have to pay $30+ bucks just to watch Diablo 3's visuals.

10. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Launches Sep 30, 2010, 21:56 Cram

Verno wrote on Sep 30, 2010, 20:52:
Terrible game released in the typical MMO manner - far too early and full of broken shit. Square learned nothing about modern MMO design and they swapped party grinding for generic timer based leve grinds. The interface was designed for gamepads which is just the final piece of shit on the pile.

Agreed all around.

I can't wait to read IGN and Gamespots reviews especially considering FFXIV ads have COMPLETELY taken over both sites. I'm sure a good laugh or two will be had.

News Comments > TopWare Says Two Worlds II is Complete
6. Re: TopWare Says Two Worlds II is Complete Sep 29, 2010, 17:28 Cram

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 29, 2010, 17:23:
Last I checked there is literally nothing coming out after CoD in November, so one wonders why they wouldn't just delay to early December.

Though there is no official announcement of a release date, the general consensus for late November/early December: Cataclysm.

Albeit, Cataclysm is a PC only release.

6. Re: Game Reviews Sep 29, 2010, 16:24 Cram

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 29, 2010, 15:23:
The problem with new MMOs is that people always compare them to MMOs that have been out several years.

Personally well aware of that but it is irrelevant in this case. This is a very poorly designed and rushed game by any reasonable gamers standards, though maybe in a year or two once several DOZEN things are addressed it could become an adequate one. By that time, this game will have fallen off the radar.

I had high hopes for this one when they announced it. The beta barbarically dashed my hopes almost immediately, and the final release product has shown no signs of improvement. This was right up there with Hellgate: London's beta in my books for letdown/fail. The difference being that SquareEnix and the Final Fantasy franchise are just too big to fail. I have similar hopes for Guild Wars 2, I hope they aren't dashed well.

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 2010, 16:30.

2. Re: Game Reviews Sep 29, 2010, 13:33 Cram

The FFXIV review sounds about right, but is missing many more negatives that are still around from the beta.

Ignore this one people, at least for another year.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 27, 2010, 01:47 Cram

That was one of the funniest videos I've ever seen/heard.

DErAileD wrote on Sep 27, 2010, 01:24:
I'm upset that Amnesia: Dark Descent has fallen from the top 10. I mean, c'mon, a game that produces scares like this should stay in the top 10 at least 2-3 weeks after release.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2010, 15:59 Cram

Poor quality Print Screen from a little bit ago.

I did happen to be on that site maybe a week ago having a laugh at the prices. Maybe googles nefarious data-mining kept track of that and is popping up ads for me to places I've been or places similar to those I've been too. I really don't know how those ads work.

Edit: Another one 3 seconds after I posted this message.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2010, 15:03 Cram

Speaking of ad's, I've seen ads for d2legit.com pop up a few times over the last couple days. It's a Diablo 2 gold-farming site. Not sure if anyone even cares; I know some sites do not care for having gold farming sites promoted on theirs.  

716 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo