Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Midnight Events
6. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Midnight Events Dec 3, 2010, 04:52 Cram

I don't play WoW anymore (though the temptation hasn't gone away), BUT if I did I wouldn't take time off work till 2 or 3 days AFTER release of the expansion to, possibly, avoid the server sh*tshow AND/OR emergency patch work mess that is to come.

Has any MMO or expansion ever launched properly, ever? I mean 100% good to go properly that it's worth taking time off work right off the bat?

If WotLK taught me anything, it is that the content will be always be there no matter what time you start playing it. If you're an achievement whore, face it there is going to be someone far better than you (at WoW) getting all the Realm firsts so you might as well make life a priority first during the first week or so.

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 2010, 05:58.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed?
33. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 15:32 Cram

I believe the D3 date is, unfortunately, unrealistic.

I got the sense from Blizzcon that they are no where near finished with the content or the games internal systems. The fact that they were unable to answer many questions at the Q&A except by saying the "we're still thinking about it" standard response was discouraging. Add to that at least 6+ months of alpha/beta'ing before release. Q4 2011 is too soon; a release one year or so from now? Not going to happen.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 1, 2010, 07:12 Cram

This entire console generation is dead to me at this point. Resident Evil 5 killed it...Kinect and Move took gigantic shits on its grave.

What a disgrace this generation has been. I could go into in-depth detail spanning many paragraphs providing a dozen examples. I'll make two quick points of the many I want to, Modern Warfare 2 was balls and Final Fantasy XIII has made me regret ever starting playing the series back in 1990. Then everyone decided to copy Nintendo...

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
15. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Nov 25, 2010, 05:20 Cram

Like I said. I do not have the the self-control others "claim" to have.

I have also met some amazing people through WoW. So amazing in-fact, that they paid for a round trip cross-continental flight from Vancouver to New Hampshire so we could meet in real life. And it was a fucking shitshow of an amazing week. I love New Hamsphire. A multi split $900us Dollar ticket, an epitaph of a beautiful social gaming community.

FFVI is one of my favorite games of all time. There is a difference between playing FFVI once in awhile and posting about it somewhere, vs having to be online 3-4 times a week for 4+ hours to raid to feel like you've accomplished something in WoW. Fighting a boss for the 40th time. I feel this is an argument I won't win, but I hope you can understand at least where I'm coming from.

Your statement about some trading WoW for another game may hold true for some. But I, hopefully forever, learned from my experience. I'm not spending 4-8 hours a day playing one game just so I can keep up with everyone else, anymore. I still would have met the people I mentioned through my best-friend, as he would have continued playing WoW despite me not being there and introduced me later. I would have have developed the exact same relationships whether or not I had ever played WoW.

Linksil wrote on Nov 25, 2010, 04:56:
Your throwing one addiction for another. if you really want to quit you need to stop playing games altogether and don't ever post on here about it again.
If your addicted to the game, yea it's usally a bad thing. But over the years i've spent a lot of time in game. I met a lot of cool people and talk with a lot after years, even went and met up with a few in person. If I hadn't been playing wow I'd have just been playing some other single player game and never met these people or had the fond memories of it. Even now I don't do the hardcore raiding I used to, but still log in and chat and have fun exploring the world and things that change. All you people talk about "freeing" yourself from WOW but then go and play other games instead just need to keep it to yourself. Some people know how to moderate their playing of a game to enjoy it and still go do lots of other things.

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2010, 05:49.

12. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Nov 25, 2010, 04:25 Cram

Over the years there has been a lot of talk about addiction and gaming.

There are two sides, the side that blames the game maker (the majority), and the side that, rightfully, blames themselves (the minority, the user). It's always easier to blame someone else rather than yourself.

I don't blame Blizzard for the hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of my life I've lost. I blame only myself, their business plan is to prey on the weak and I wasn't strong enough at the time to see that. I still may not be, I do somewhat want to see this re-vamped Azeroth. It won't happen. My account is gone. At some point you have to just say no, as all those extremely cheesy anti-drug ads aimed at teenagers say you should.

Right now I'm playing Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga. I'm content with knowing that this shit actually ends at some point, you know....like a normal video game. Oh wait.....I can buy Quel'Delar for 30k on the AH? Sign me back up to WoW!
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 25, 2010, 04:16:
+1

Deleted my , back then l56 char and never looked back - i actually got like 20 "please come back to us" mails since then but damn WoW, its a drug and an addiction. People playing this now (i mean, STILL playing this now) are addicted, and this is maybe not as bad as smoking or alcohol, but it is all the same. An addiction, a weakness of your mind. As long as you subject yourself to this you have lost the fight against your weakness. You have lost what it means to be a free human.

Freeing yourself from shackles of work may be impossible, but freeing yourself from WoW is possible, and its easy. There is a button when you join a server, its called delete character. Press it, close account. And for the first time ever. Be free again!

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2010, 04:32.

8. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Nov 25, 2010, 04:08 Cram

Still quite content with the fact I deleted 5 level 80 chars last March to prevent a return to this time sink.

I lost enough productivity of my life to this mess (2+ straight years, all of which I have only myself to blame), Deathwing be damned he isn't going to get any more of it.

Fuck it. Fuck this "cancer" of video gaming. If anyone else feels satisfied with beating Marrowgar, Putricide or whatever literally 40+ times before new content is released, I feel as sorry for you as I did myself. I know there are others out there with better self-control than myself, but you literally accomplish nothing in this game in the long run. If you're looking for community and social communication then go outside. I did, the light blinded me for a bit but I got re-used to it again and I really like it.

Edit: and I do hope it lasts.

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2010, 04:15.

News Comments > VGA Nominees
23. Re: VGA Nominees Nov 17, 2010, 22:38 Cram

I do.
Easily.

Tanto Edge wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 21:59:
...You rate RDR over ME2?

News Comments > VGA Nominees
4. Re: VGA Nominees Nov 17, 2010, 18:26 Cram

Go whoever pays the most money under the table in order to win these most legitimate and honorable awards!  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Explanations
33. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Explanations Nov 17, 2010, 16:14 Cram

It had the best soundtrack of the entire series next to FFVI. That was, unfortunately, the only thing good about the game.

Verno wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 09:09:
FF8 was awful in every way, that's just your nostalgia talking.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Explanations
26. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Explanations Nov 16, 2010, 21:38 Cram

Lokust wrote on Nov 16, 2010, 21:30:
Not that they've put out a genuinely good FF game since 6....
This.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 4, 2010, 13:20 Cram

If you follow the program and don't give up, it absolutely does.

Unlike Kinects little exercise program, or any other exercise game on the market, evidently "developed" by Mens Health, P90X actually evolves over the course of the program. It switches it up on you, twice, keeping your body guessing, not getting bored or reaching any plateau. I won't sugar coat it, it is not easy. It is, however, fun and does actually work. I also want to stress that the purpose of the program is to simply get you in excellent shape, its goal isn't to get you ripped, though it can if you work towards that goal.

People will get bored with the Kinect game, like they have with all other fitness games, within a month and accomplish nothing. These games do not motivate you. You just hope doing 10 knee bends that the little boring avatar is doing on the screen with change your life. It does not work that way. It does not do a number of other things but I'll stop here before I ramble on for too long.

Regarding a statement I often hear like "it's better than nothing" when people attempt to justify the purchase of fluff. In my opinion, it is not better than nothing. The money spent on the fluff could have been spent on something substantial had one did the research. That is often what fitness and accomplishing health related goals requires, time and research.

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 4, 2010, 13:06:
Cram wrote on Nov 4, 2010, 12:57:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P90X

You should have bought something that actually works.

Is it?
I've looked at that ones but from the infomercial this looked just like the million other programs/products out there that promises the same thing.
I am not fat but wouldn't mind loosing 10-15 pounds I just can't seem to get rid of.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2010, 13:27.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 4, 2010, 12:57 Cram

MrBone wrote on Nov 4, 2010, 12:46:
Ahh, the eternal optimism from Blues singular group of misfits never ceases to amaze me. Hallelujah! I grabbed it for workout purposes because treadmills suck. At least it doesn't look like an ice cream cone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P90X

You should have bought something that actually works.

News Comments > Minecraft Interview
14. Re: Minecraft Interview Nov 1, 2010, 04:20 Cram

Love Bluesnews, all of it. I also love Videosift and the community. I've become friends with several gold stars there, and I wasn't the one to instigate those friendships. Great outgoing and friendly community there.

Kudos to both places.

Edit: and I can only give Ant so many praises for his commitment on the Sift and on Bluesnews before my mind is blown. Champion.

News Comments > EA Staff Cuts
2. Re: EA Staff Cuts Oct 28, 2010, 22:46 Cram

That's exactly what they do. Every year EA Vancouver takes in a fresh batch of Computer Systems Technology grads from BCIT, which is essentially right next door to EA, at the cost of the experienced employees. Heard nothing but nightmare stories from a lot of those people (the recent grads).

Dev wrote on Oct 28, 2010, 22:00:
Probably more like "lets fire some of our experienced workers so we can hire cheap fresh out of college ones who won't mind working slave hours/wages to get into the industry"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2010, 03:21 Cram

That list should be renamed: "Top 10 US cities people want to live in"  

News Comments > It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2
16. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 25, 2010, 01:52 Cram

Ant: I remember the week after I picked up my Collectors Edition of D2, of which I listened to the soundtrack CD 700 times in that week, Battle.net was a mess. Couldn't create a game for hours, getting kicked out of games over and over. It was disasterous.

I remember the very first time I fought Duriel. I was pumped. I got kicked out of the game 10 seconds into it. It was...good times/not

Honestly can't say I know anything about WoW's tests. I only got into WoW half-way through Burning Crusade, and thankfully got out of WoW about 5 seconds after my guild and I killed LichKing10 and I deleted all my chars and account.

So there was a Beta for D2, which would make sense but again I know nothing about it.

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2010, 03:13.

News Comments > It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2
14. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 25, 2010, 01:31 Cram

Anyone on Bluesnews been around since the Diablo II "Stress Test"? Talk to me. Remember how, despite the stress test, the week D2 was released Battle.net was a complete lag fail shitshow?

Remember how that test destroyed Battle.net, consistently? My knowledge of D2 development before that test is limited to whatever Computer Gaming World told me. Was there a beta? Was anyone involved in that beta? If it existed, please tell me all about it as I'm very interested. When/Where/How etc and all that. What changed, what didn't etc.

I personally don't see this game coming out till 3rd to 4th quarter 2012. Hopefully 3rd quarter so I can enjoy the game for a bit before some crazy shit happens and we all die for some reason in December.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 00:01:
Does that mean Diablo 3 is going to be a 2013(or later) release?

News Comments > It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1
24. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 24, 2010, 01:35 Cram

Defending of some useless topic aside, I watched the Q&A session for D3 on Youtube (link not among those in this news post, but will probably show up tomorrow). Not a single person asked a REMOTELY good question. What a god damn waste of an hour. Add to that, the physical appearances of these people made me sad. Really really sad. It was embarassing watching these people ask questions with their ridiculous and socially awkward mannerisms among other things.

I felt bad for half the D3 panel, who ended up not saying a word over the whole hour because everyone kept on asking about Dyes for armor and ridiculous PVP questions that had literally already been answered during the PVP announcement yesterday. I almost feel bad for anyone, who like me is a Diablo fanatic, who paid $40 for the Diablo aspect of Blizzcon on DirectTV. I only don't because you paid $40 for nothing that wasn't almost immediately released on Youtube minutes/hours later. Also, the opening ceremonies where the big Demon Hunter announcement was made ended up being free. Now I'm off topic; what was the point of paying $40 for Blizzcon DirectTV? The cataclysm panels were filled with old info, the Q&A's were filled with bitter and/or uninformed fans.

Watching WoW fans attempt to get into arguments with the development team because they don't like what they're doing with the Paladin and/or Hunter just made me feel embarrassed to be a gamer.

/rant

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2010, 02:05.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 18, 2010, 23:50 Cram

I think TMNT will stand the test of time for being the most difficult game ever made. I don't say that for the areas that people typically complain about (the dam with electic plants, for example. Place was amateur hour compared to the rest of the game). I refer to the caverns before the Technodrome, and the interior of the Technodrome itself. Jesus Tapdancing Christ, wtf were they thinking?  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 16, 2010, 02:41 Cram

Getting a Samsung Galaxy S next week, will be one of my first downloads.  

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo