Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 722 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Resident Evil 4 HD
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Resident Evil 4 HD Mar 1, 2014, 00:31 Cram

I've owned the Gamecube Version, PS2 version and the Wii Version.
I have played the original PC version.

The Wii version was the ultimate experience, the controller/numchuck setup worked flawlessly. It was and still is amazing.

I will pick this up at a 75% steam sale, and after the reported mouse/keyboard problems are fixed. I've given Capcom enough full-price $$$ for this game over the last 9 years. But this really is one of the best and most re-playable games I've ever played in nearly three decades.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
33. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 13:54 Cram

While I sometimes have trouble listening to TB for extended periods of time, I definitely share very similar opinions on games. He's a PC purist with years of experience in PC gaming, unlike many of the people that did the reviews posted here. I think I will get my $32 worth from this one (gamefly preorder special).  

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
1. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 12:01 Cram

lol

ouch, that hurts.

News Comments > Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY
12. Re: Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY Feb 21, 2014, 01:34 Cram

Pigeon wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 09:53:
I'm more interested in a remake of VI

I have absolutely no faith in SquareEnix being able to retain the magic of FFVI in a total remake.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2014, 08:06.

News Comments > THIEF Launch Trailer
33. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 15:03 Cram

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 13:25:
$33.75 on Gamefly, hmm considering it

Thanks for the info! I was about to preorder it through Steam for 44.99, I like this option better.

News Comments > Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access
31. Re: Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access Feb 20, 2014, 04:58 Cram

Trailer got me a bit pumped, confirmed a couple things. Deathshead is back, and somehow so is Caroline Becker.

Day one buy. Return to Castle Wolfenstein is my favorite SP FPS, the 2009 version is a fun ridiculous shooter.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash
50. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 9, 2014, 20:02 Cram

@CJ_Parker

fwiw, you've made me come around to the issue that Sawyer and Obsidian should have sent us an Eternity delay update via email before going to some website and us having to hear about it there. It's somewhat confusing too, it's not like they haven't been sending out updates. There have been 71 of them so far. Afaik, btw, no company keeps their audience in the loop as well as Obsidian has with Eternity. Not even close. So, an oversight yes, and it would have been more professional had they told supporters first.

I do not think this is surprising however. I can't imagine how much this team has on their plate right now. Sawyer could have been doing some rare interview with what free time he has and said what he said without considering his audience. He's a game developer, not a marketing / PR manager.

This lack of foresight is no reason, IMO, to ban supporting future games through kickstarter or panning Obsidian. As far as mistakes go in the gaming industry, this is a minor speck of dust.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash
28. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 8, 2014, 19:17 Cram

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 18:21:
Oh yeah. Those poor guys. So now that they can't blame a publisher, let's blame it on all the assholes who pledged too much, eh?
Simple fix y'all: Pledge less or nothing. The latter for me personally. I'm done with Kickstarter devs promising milk & honey and then making up petty excuses why they can't deliver.

It is becoming increasingly clear that they (not just Obsidian) have deliberately baited people with completely unrealistic release dates in order to make people pledge more since naturally more people are inclined to pledge if the release date is at least within tangible reach.

A very short-sighted move by these KS devs and not fair towards their more honest brethren. Delays of high profile KS games will hurt Kickstarters in general since people will grow sick and tired of empty promises and delays.

Just for clarification in case some dumbass thinks I want them to rush shit: I don't. What I want is up front honesty and realistic goals. kthxbai.

I do not agree with anything you've said, but I'll defend your right to say it with my life.

Obsidian wanted a million. They had a scope set out for their project if they reached one million. The date, April 2014 if I recall correctly as a release. You can't change the release date after you start a kickstarter, you can not edit it. It is entirely feasible that they would have reached the release date of April 2014 if the scope of the project remained at the million dollar range. But what happened?

The internet exploded. Beyond predictability. So they did what kickstarters do, which a lot of people don't like, and added stretch goals that immediately started expanding the scope of the project. They had a ridiculous amount of time left after they reached their target, and their audience was going nuts for more stretch goals, content and bonus goodies. Everyone knew the April 2014 date was impossible after that kickstarter, this is not a surprise and not some malicious strategy from Obsidian.

And none of this hurts anyone, or at least shouldn't. I never expected April 2014 after that kickstarter, no one on this site has and I'm happy they're taking extra time. We'll get a larger and hopefully more polished game as a result, and Obsidian got something too out of the kickstarter. Free marketing. Free advertisements. The gaming media pounced on this story. Every stretch goal, sites were putting up more and more articles.

Free advertising, that's something you just can't buy. Way more people know of this game today because of the 4 million and stretch goals then would have known about it if it only hit the original 1.1 million dollar target. That only helps this, what has become, niche genre of PC game.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
115. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 5, 2014, 04:51 Cram

@theyarecomingforyou You say this game looks bad graphically with such conviction, I assume you can provide several reasons why as well as several games that look much better and how, being so certain.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
114. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 5, 2014, 04:31 Cram

Prez wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 03:43:
which leaves me wondering why I am at odss with the apparent majority who thinks this looks like a simple cash-in on the name. I just don't get it.

The majority have only said "you're wrong about this game" with no researched reason and without willing to respectfully debate. The ones that defend it, the majority responds "you're wrong and fuck you". the "fuck you" being paraphrased. Truth is, no one has really even "defended" the game yet on this site, all they've done is provide an outside the box point of view for a game that hasn't been released yet and it has caused complete chaos on this site. Furthermore, they've provided reasonable arguments about most, agreed not all, complaints about this game brought up on this site. The thing is, these same complaints come up again and again, despite having been successfully addressed multiple times. People don't read or check sources. Which is sad.
This comment was edited on Feb 5, 2014, 04:46.

News Comments > Thief Previews; Videos
23. Re: Thief Previews; Videos Jan 25, 2014, 20:45 Cram

@ Jerykk Still supporting and agreeing with your opinions. Not much else I can care to say or do for the neg nancy's.

Eurogamers vid was polar opposite of everyone else's. It's curious. We will see, and only see when the game is released. Until then.

News Comments > Blizzard Layoff Rumor Addressed
7. Re: Blizzard Layoff Rumor Addressed Jan 25, 2014, 20:40 Cram

Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 20:16:
That company has been making a 100 million dollars a month for 10 years and they're talking about a layoff? Corporate greed at its finest.

Perhaps. But perhaps business is business, and something was wrong here.

I see nothing in these articles to fuel the Blizzard-hate on this website. Conjecture. Details were NOT provided, but feel free to do your (angry) bidding.

A company can be substantially profitable; but if one entity of that company is operating below expectations it is NOT expected that the rest of the company has to balance it out for that entity. This never happens anywhere, and shouldn't be expected of Blizzard/Activision just because part of the company makes WoW/CoD.

5. Re: Thief Previews; Videos Jan 24, 2014, 20:20 Cram

Fion wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 19:42:
It looks solid, though I hope the PC version has a FoV setting, because that's entirely to tight for me taste. And can I get an option to turn off the constant alert to press 'x' key to use? Every game is doing that these days and it is extremely immersion breaking.

In the video the guy says you can turn off absolutely everything, the entire UI and all alerts. No mention of an FOV option.

1. Re: Thief Previews; Videos Jan 24, 2014, 18:56 Cram

Previews look very promising. Stealth looks solid, and all the emphasis of the city being very open world.  

News Comments > Thief System Requirements
34. Re: Thief System Requirements Jan 19, 2014, 04:59 Cram

Dev wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 04:50:
I guess it depends on if the wider casual audience that's potentially drawn in from those things being emphasized in the marketing, outnumbers the classic thief fans that are turned off by it. If they do, then they chose the right marketing strategy, from a purely business perspective.

On the other hand, if they drive away a lot of classic thief players, and fail to appeal to the more casual audience as well, then they've actually shot themselves in BOTH feet.

A thoughtful post. Agreed.

I stick to the idea that a negative review has 10x the power of a positive one. By not meeting the classic Thief fans expectations, even if they're in the minority of gamers that could buy the game (casuals potentially the majority), they have the ability to cause substantial damage to the games sales through their online critiques. Adding to that, SquareEnix is obviously insane as a publisher (re: tomb raider sales expectations). You don't need anything hurting sales of this game if SquareEnix is your publisher/owner/whatever.

The optional new stuff should have been secondary to showing people that have actually played Thief that YES this is a Thief game. I think it still is, but the demo's do their utmost contrary to that.

I'm not convinced, from my observations the last few months, that the casual market has been in any way intrigued with Thief because of the new features alone. However I am not part of that market, and I don't understand it completely. I could be very wrong.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
9. Re: Into the Black Jan 19, 2014, 03:03 Cram

Hellbinder wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 01:01:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jan 18, 2014, 23:26:
I like to consider myself a gamer.. but I absolutely missed the Wii U launch, and up until recently, I thought it was an add-on for the Wii.

I am on many gaming sites weekly, work with a gamer, talk games and play games all the time.. and I didnt even know WTF a Wii U was. Their marketing team really screwed that up.

That is literally the craziest thing I have ever read. You play games, work with a gamer and visit game sites but you never saw any of the year long media blitz for the Wii U or the controller?

I just cant see how that is even possible.

Let's say this is true though. Who bought Wii's? I would wager a good majority of the tens of millions sold were not to gamer's or people in the know. And while I agree I'm surprised by ColoradoHoudini's statement (really?!), you can bet your ass many people who bought the Wii have no idea what the WiiU is. Nintendo f*cked up in many ways. Marketing, the name, launch lineup, price, complete lack of being able to transfer Wii virt console games to your Wii U, and of course online gaming. List goes on.

@Robdot, I would throw in one thing about your comment that people only bought the Wii because of the bundled Wii Sports. I would argue that a lot of what helped the Wii sell, especially at launch, was the hype and promise of what motion controls could do. It was the perfect time in the industry to release and hype up those controllers, and that got a lot of people very excited.

edit: @tagged the wrong person

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2014, 03:10.

News Comments > Thief System Requirements
31. Re: Thief System Requirements Jan 19, 2014, 02:32 Cram

fwiw, I agree with everything you've written here Jerykk.
I'd have liked to have done the same, but I figured any defense of this game would have fallen on deaf ears here on this site. But I can't say I blame them the naysayers, the demo's Eidos decided to show us have been poor. Eidos shot themselves in the foot. They decided to focus on the new, and completely OPTIONAL, features die hard Thief fans couldn't possibly give a crap about. I believe that was a mistake, and since then everyone has drawn their own conclusions on what's happening with this game despite it not having been released and despite everything you just mentioned in your post Jerykk.

Before I get myself pulled into some post war, disclaimer. I am not happy with a couple, albeit small, changes they've made that aren't related to the optional features. But I don't think this is anywhere near the "not a real Thief game" people are making it out to be here.

News Comments > More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites
28. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 8, 2014, 02:48 Cram

Heya all,

If anyone wants my invite for this Jan 10-12 stress test, let me know.
I won't be able to participate and I'm happy to give it away if someone wants. (first request gets it, not posting key as I'd prefer not have some random lurker get the key)

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Dec 8, 2013, 23:33 Cram

thanks Nin.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 8, 2013, 22:56 Cram

Sir, You are Being Hunted

Anyone's thoughts on this so far?

722 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo