Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 694 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
102. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 21:33 Cram

Sorry Blue.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Nov 16, 2013, 04:03 Cram

I will grab it when I'm sure I can turn the frame rate to 50, like I did in the originals bg2config.exe, and the game runs at that quicker speed.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
14. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 11, 2013, 02:18 Cram

Cpmartins wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 02:14:
BF3 I played I bunch, plenty of 3rd party servers are local, so little ping issues(still get the "went around the corner and died " ones, but that's client side hit detection working, so, yeah, business as usual). D3 is just shit all around, every time, all the time. WoW I used to raid hardcore 10 man, little issues, save those on tight ping requirements (hello heroic rag sulfuras smash, I'm talking about you). So no. D3 is a different beast. It requires a flawless connection, all the time, every time. And that makes it unplayable to me.

This is something I can't relate to unfortunately, beyond day one launch problems I never had to deal with these problems. That's unfortunate.

Off topic, did Diablo 3 cost your equivalent money in US of $60? I am hearing that the PS4, even more off topic, will cost $2000 of your dollars which equates to way more than anyone elsewhere is being charged.

Edit: Correction, $1800 USD worth of Brazil money for the PS4. Jesus I know this is offtopic but I am genuinely curious if Diablo 3 costs the equivalent of $60USD in Brazil.

Edit #2: Tired of reading Blizzard comments saying they're going to improve service to places like Australia but never do, for years now. I feel for you Cpmartins, you're being f*cked.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2013, 02:29.

12. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 11, 2013, 02:04 Cram

Cpmartins wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 01:49:
Last week I've played D3 vanilla. I hail from metropolitan Brazil (I know, not much to brag about, but there you go). I died every single session to lag. So blizzard can go fuck itself until they release an offline patch. But hey, we're third world scum, who cares. Well, I do. the 60 bucks I paid them are still on me. Never again blizzard. never again.

Fair enough. Really. The following comment may not make it sound like I'm on your side but I am, Blizzard has made it difficult for anyone outside of North America/Asia to enjoy their games. BUT

I hope I can get a honest answer here. In your region in Brazil, is Call of Duty (any of them online console or PC), Battlefield (any of them online console or PC) , World of Warcraft, any other MMO that exists, Counterstrike, Team Fortres multiplayer, ANY Xbox Live service/game (that requires live online connection), anything from Playstation Home/Live/whatever (that requires home/live/whatever online connection) so much better an experience than Diablo 3 online, lag wise or whatever?

10. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 11, 2013, 00:46 Cram

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 00:19:
GL1zdA wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 17:45:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 13:32:
Blizzard president Mike Morhaime on razing Diablo 3's auction house, rebuilding Titan

"I think our players recognized that. We were really looking to see what would happen with the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, because they don't have an auction house. The response to the console versions was extremely positive, and most people cited the lack of an auction house."

Well, that and the offline mode.

They created the auction house to undercut or compete with black market gold farmers. I get that. The problem is that they took the additional step of designing the loot system so that it forced you to the auction house. That's where they screwed the pooch. Had they made a complete game that stood alone, THEN added in the auction house, I don't think you would have seen nearly the same number of complaints.
I don't think they designed the loot system around the AH. If you remember loot from D2 or LoD, it was similar to what we have got in D3. It was hard to have nice items in D2/LoD without trading, and before 1.10, after several trades, you could have a character who would slay everything on Hell in any location. The same worked in D3, except for insane champions/unique monsters (Invincible-Molter-Jailer and similar), but they simply adjusted the difficulty.

I don't get why people want offline mode in Diablo 3 - a game where you know the story after 10 hours and after that you only look for loot so your character can be more leet than others and you play with others to socialize. Diablo single player is like drinking alone, it's the last step before the border between being a nerd and a lunatic.

Because when I didn't have internet for the last 2 weeks I really would have liked to play Diablo 3, but couldn't due to lack of internet connection.

This is my opinion as someone that really doesn't care for D3 in it's current state and DESPISES online DRM; God knows what you've gone through in the last two weeks, but if you haven't had the internet for the last 2 weeks in 2013 you have other people you need to be mad at that aren't (probably) Blizzard. Army regulations, Comcast/At&T/whoever not providing internet to your farm, you're on f**kin vacation in the amazon Rainforest so you shouldn't really give a f*ck about games in the first place anyway, Africa being developmentally behind a century, whatever. Stop with the lack of internet access excuse that apparently only effects Diablo 3 as a negative but no other game in existence. Seriously, Diablo 3 is the only game that gets this shit (....except Sim City...ya well at least Blizzard fixed their launch problems almost immediately), $60 battlefields/CoD yearly releases that far more people buy don't despite being 99% designed for online play. So was Diablo 3, whether you agree with it or not. Get over it. We've been bitching about this for years now and still Diablo 3 has sold over 10 millions units. Find something else to be pissed about, the game was a success. Derp to us all.

Now can Blizzard please f*ck off and implement Loot 2.0 and the Adventure mode into Vanilla Diablo 3 as a patch/fix. This garbage shouldn't be features of an expansion.
This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2013, 01:03.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Nov 8, 2013, 22:38 Cram

Adventure mode. This was how D3 should have been at launch. There was no reason for the ridiculous game creation based on what quest you want to do that is D3. Nothing but limits, that was and is Diablo 3 right now. It's a bit sickening how making Diablo 3 more like Diablo 2 freedom wise is a "feature" now.

I guess I'm glad it's happening in some way, but f*ck off this shouldn't be a promo for the expansion. It should be a fix within a patch, right now.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Trailer
2. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Trailer Nov 7, 2013, 21:10 Cram

Yep. Headed in the right direction.  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
8. Re: Saturday Previews Oct 27, 2013, 01:49 Cram

Well I'm looking forward to this.
Haven't played since...1.05?ish

Reviewing all of the leaks from Incgamers diii.net, and what's officially been said, the changes and this "ACT V", actually seems Diablo 1'ish. Really Diablo 1'ish.

There's a lot of positive things happening here with RoS, but I do admit the damage has been done. I'll be optimistic for this one this time, and I'm usually the ultimate pessimist.

News Comments > Thief Dropping XP System
33. Re: Thief Dropping XP System Oct 17, 2013, 16:38 Cram

jdreyer wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 13:17:
That's all nice and cool, for sure, but my interest for that mod got absolutely and brutally obliberated the moment I realized these are fan-made maps. No matter how awesome the gameplay or mood, if I'm not following a story.. ergo there's no "higher purpose/goal", I have no motivation to play. I can't even feel the pathetic pride of being better than other players in some form of PVP.

+2

News Comments > Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders
11. Re: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders Oct 3, 2013, 16:56 Cram

PHJF wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 16:35:
How the fuck does one "enhance" a perfect game.

Fair question. At least with the first EE, they did all the modding for you to get BG1 using the BG2 engine and fix a couple major bugs (while making new ones). What is there to enhance in BG2?

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin in February
3. Re: Divinity: Original Sin in February Sep 26, 2013, 22:57 Cram

Like with Project Eternity, I'm still concerned the stretch goals for both put them out of their original comfort zone for their games. I am happy Larian realizes the kickstarter campaign promises require extra time. The same is going for Eternity, from what their updates have suggested.

In regards to Eternity, a (9 floor?) extra dungeon that's supposed to be on par with Watchers Keep of Baldurs Gate II is a massive amount of work.... god help those guys on that.

News Comments > THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer
13. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 02:44 Cram

I'll be getting it day one. I will gladly write down a mini review for peeps on this site. It'll be coming from a Thief fanboy, sure, but a fanboy who paid full price and is expecting lots. So, it could very well be quite the negative mini review.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Sep 11, 2013, 23:41 Cram

Rattlehead wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 23:28:
Cram wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 21:34:
part of me wishes I could spoil the entire game for these petitioners, spoils granted to us via the leaking and from a certain point of view pirating of the console versions. As story is part of the game you're buying, story has been pirated long before release. Thanks consoles.
Uh...what?

Also, I signed, just for laughs.

They preloaded the game for consoles, people hacked it. Entire story available online. That is all.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 11, 2013, 21:34 Cram

part of me wishes I could spoil the entire game for these petitioners, spoils granted to us via the leaking and from a certain point of view pirating of the console versions. As story is part of the game you're buying, story has been pirated long before release. Thanks consoles.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Sep 10, 2013, 10:19 Cram

Amnesia is excellent.

If the now regular price of $20 is too high for you, and I believe that's great value, I'm sure there will be sales in a few months.

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
47. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 7, 2013, 03:46 Cram

FloorPie wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 15:11:
Proof? Seriously? It became obvious once you got past level 15-20 that you would have to end up on the AH unless you really did want a ironman loot type challenge as there was rarely good gear drops, unless you got something for an alt.

You never needed the AH on any class, solo, to get to 60. Nor were there signs you would end up on it at 15-20. At launch, you perhaps needed the AH to progress in Act 2 Inferno and beyond.
This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2013, 11:48.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
19. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 2, 2013, 01:21 Cram

I support the more anti-Kinect arguments here. I just want to add this little bit.

I live in a Condo, people live above me. They have kids. I assume I'm not the only person in the world in a similar situation. If said kids got a Kinect, or heaven forbid a more technically advanced version that tracks you better, so your flailing & stomping & jumps are more accurate so you do it more, there would be war. War no strata or police force could stop.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition in November
14. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition in November Aug 31, 2013, 04:13 Cram

nin wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 04:04:
Many wonderful memories of BG2 - I basically learned (at least a rough version of) D+D, by playing it...("WTF is this THAC0 shit???")

Minsc is/was the best sidekick ever.

Was Minsc really the best sidekick? Or was it Minsc's boy Boo that TRULY was the best sidekick ever?

Go for the eyes.

10. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition in November Aug 31, 2013, 02:30 Cram

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 23:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 22:17:

Ps.: NWN is still nice to play even now.... and so is BG2. Although I wouldn't play BG2 without some "ease of use" mods anymore... like removing locked chests and traps, everything Identified, stackable stuff... more carry weight, etc.
Ahh we're spoiled now. Makes me wonder how PE or PS:N are going to fair in some peoples minds if they have those in them.

I have to admit, this is pushing it, and I not and never have been a D&D player. I guess even for people that never touched a D&D adventure, the rules are too TOUGH. Never mind the multitude of items in BG2 that give you 400+ carrying weight, and several identifying abilities aren't OP already. Oh, and those bags of holding....ya. As for traps, how boring going through an ancient dungeon not traveled in hundreds of years NOT to have an arrow one shot you in the head at a wrong step. It's Baldur's Gate with fireball traps and pissed off spiders, not Faceroll Gate.

This comment was edited on Aug 31, 2013, 02:42.

2. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition in November Aug 30, 2013, 20:23 Cram

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 20:22:
I'm sure I'll grab it. After it's been out for a while and patched many times.

Ya this, maybe, and confirmation that I can up the game speed. Wasn't impressed by the BG1 EE, and while happy to support the BG cause I wish I hadn't bought it. I've just never been able to get BG TUTU to work properly, or at all, so I went for the EE.

694 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo