Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 711 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard Layoff Rumor Addressed
7. Re: Blizzard Layoff Rumor Addressed Jan 25, 2014, 20:40 Cram

Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 20:16:
That company has been making a 100 million dollars a month for 10 years and they're talking about a layoff? Corporate greed at its finest.

Perhaps. But perhaps business is business, and something was wrong here.

I see nothing in these articles to fuel the Blizzard-hate on this website. Conjecture. Details were NOT provided, but feel free to do your (angry) bidding.

A company can be substantially profitable; but if one entity of that company is operating below expectations it is NOT expected that the rest of the company has to balance it out for that entity. This never happens anywhere, and shouldn't be expected of Blizzard/Activision just because part of the company makes WoW/CoD.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Thief Previews; Videos
5. Re: Thief Previews; Videos Jan 24, 2014, 20:20 Cram

Fion wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 19:42:
It looks solid, though I hope the PC version has a FoV setting, because that's entirely to tight for me taste. And can I get an option to turn off the constant alert to press 'x' key to use? Every game is doing that these days and it is extremely immersion breaking.

In the video the guy says you can turn off absolutely everything, the entire UI and all alerts. No mention of an FOV option.

News Comments > Thief Previews; Videos
1. Re: Thief Previews; Videos Jan 24, 2014, 18:56 Cram

Previews look very promising. Stealth looks solid, and all the emphasis of the city being very open world.  

News Comments > Thief System Requirements
34. Re: Thief System Requirements Jan 19, 2014, 04:59 Cram

Dev wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 04:50:
I guess it depends on if the wider casual audience that's potentially drawn in from those things being emphasized in the marketing, outnumbers the classic thief fans that are turned off by it. If they do, then they chose the right marketing strategy, from a purely business perspective.

On the other hand, if they drive away a lot of classic thief players, and fail to appeal to the more casual audience as well, then they've actually shot themselves in BOTH feet.

A thoughtful post. Agreed.

I stick to the idea that a negative review has 10x the power of a positive one. By not meeting the classic Thief fans expectations, even if they're in the minority of gamers that could buy the game (casuals potentially the majority), they have the ability to cause substantial damage to the games sales through their online critiques. Adding to that, SquareEnix is obviously insane as a publisher (re: tomb raider sales expectations). You don't need anything hurting sales of this game if SquareEnix is your publisher/owner/whatever.

The optional new stuff should have been secondary to showing people that have actually played Thief that YES this is a Thief game. I think it still is, but the demo's do their utmost contrary to that.

I'm not convinced, from my observations the last few months, that the casual market has been in any way intrigued with Thief because of the new features alone. However I am not part of that market, and I don't understand it completely. I could be very wrong.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
9. Re: Into the Black Jan 19, 2014, 03:03 Cram

Hellbinder wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 01:01:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jan 18, 2014, 23:26:
I like to consider myself a gamer.. but I absolutely missed the Wii U launch, and up until recently, I thought it was an add-on for the Wii.

I am on many gaming sites weekly, work with a gamer, talk games and play games all the time.. and I didnt even know WTF a Wii U was. Their marketing team really screwed that up.

That is literally the craziest thing I have ever read. You play games, work with a gamer and visit game sites but you never saw any of the year long media blitz for the Wii U or the controller?

I just cant see how that is even possible.

Let's say this is true though. Who bought Wii's? I would wager a good majority of the tens of millions sold were not to gamer's or people in the know. And while I agree I'm surprised by ColoradoHoudini's statement (really?!), you can bet your ass many people who bought the Wii have no idea what the WiiU is. Nintendo f*cked up in many ways. Marketing, the name, launch lineup, price, complete lack of being able to transfer Wii virt console games to your Wii U, and of course online gaming. List goes on.

@Robdot, I would throw in one thing about your comment that people only bought the Wii because of the bundled Wii Sports. I would argue that a lot of what helped the Wii sell, especially at launch, was the hype and promise of what motion controls could do. It was the perfect time in the industry to release and hype up those controllers, and that got a lot of people very excited.

edit: @tagged the wrong person

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2014, 03:10.

News Comments > Thief System Requirements
31. Re: Thief System Requirements Jan 19, 2014, 02:32 Cram

fwiw, I agree with everything you've written here Jerykk.
I'd have liked to have done the same, but I figured any defense of this game would have fallen on deaf ears here on this site. But I can't say I blame them the naysayers, the demo's Eidos decided to show us have been poor. Eidos shot themselves in the foot. They decided to focus on the new, and completely OPTIONAL, features die hard Thief fans couldn't possibly give a crap about. I believe that was a mistake, and since then everyone has drawn their own conclusions on what's happening with this game despite it not having been released and despite everything you just mentioned in your post Jerykk.

Before I get myself pulled into some post war, disclaimer. I am not happy with a couple, albeit small, changes they've made that aren't related to the optional features. But I don't think this is anywhere near the "not a real Thief game" people are making it out to be here.

News Comments > More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites
28. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 8, 2014, 02:48 Cram

Heya all,

If anyone wants my invite for this Jan 10-12 stress test, let me know.
I won't be able to participate and I'm happy to give it away if someone wants. (first request gets it, not posting key as I'd prefer not have some random lurker get the key)

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Dec 8, 2013, 23:33 Cram

thanks Nin.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 8, 2013, 22:56 Cram

Sir, You are Being Hunted

Anyone's thoughts on this so far?

News Comments > Survivor2299/Fallout 4 Hoax
24. Re: Survivor2299/Fallout 4 Hoax Dec 7, 2013, 22:41 Cram

Been years since the Rick Astley garbage made me laugh.

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2013, 10:09.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VIII
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VIII Dec 5, 2013, 21:51 Cram

Fantaz wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 21:35:
I never liked FF8... but at least it's still better than the new trash Squeenix puts out now.

This. I would take vanilla FFVIII over anything FFXIII related.
The magic booster makes a huge difference.

News Comments > On Sale
20. Re: On Sale Dec 3, 2013, 05:25 Cram

edit: double post  

News Comments > On Sale
19. Re: On Sale Dec 3, 2013, 05:21 Cram

I almost preordered Shadow Warrior for 33.99 but I didn't. I almost bought Shadow Warrior two days ago when it was 50% off on steam but I didn't. I bought it this morning at 75% off.

Four or five hours in. Should have bought it at $33.99 months ago, it was and is worth that price.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
52. Re: Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC Dec 1, 2013, 03:25 Cram

nvm

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2013, 08:39.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC "Far Superior" to Next-Gen
2. Re: Quoteworthy - NVIDIA: PC Nov 30, 2013, 10:16 Cram

I would like to hear this guy say this if Nvidia had landed a contract with Sony and/or MS to make those systems GPU's.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign
43. Re: Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign Nov 27, 2013, 14:45 Cram

BitWraith wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 14:18:
Cram wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 14:00:
Still on TC as well.

I think TC is full? I was headhunting that server a few months ago - it never went down from "full" no matter what time of day I tried.

Yeah. I had to wait till about 3-4am PST nearly a year ago to make it my home server. I think it's still possible.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign
36. Re: Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign Nov 27, 2013, 14:00 Cram

Still on TC as well.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
102. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 21:33 Cram

Sorry Blue.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Nov 16, 2013, 04:03 Cram

I will grab it when I'm sure I can turn the frame rate to 50, like I did in the originals bg2config.exe, and the game runs at that quicker speed.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
14. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 11, 2013, 02:18 Cram

Cpmartins wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 02:14:
BF3 I played I bunch, plenty of 3rd party servers are local, so little ping issues(still get the "went around the corner and died " ones, but that's client side hit detection working, so, yeah, business as usual). D3 is just shit all around, every time, all the time. WoW I used to raid hardcore 10 man, little issues, save those on tight ping requirements (hello heroic rag sulfuras smash, I'm talking about you). So no. D3 is a different beast. It requires a flawless connection, all the time, every time. And that makes it unplayable to me.

This is something I can't relate to unfortunately, beyond day one launch problems I never had to deal with these problems. That's unfortunate.

Off topic, did Diablo 3 cost your equivalent money in US of $60? I am hearing that the PS4, even more off topic, will cost $2000 of your dollars which equates to way more than anyone elsewhere is being charged.

Edit: Correction, $1800 USD worth of Brazil money for the PS4. Jesus I know this is offtopic but I am genuinely curious if Diablo 3 costs the equivalent of $60USD in Brazil.

Edit #2: Tired of reading Blizzard comments saying they're going to improve service to places like Australia but never do, for years now. I feel for you Cpmartins, you're being f*cked.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2013, 02:29.

711 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo