Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 722 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Thief 4 at GDC?
8. Re: Thief 4 at GDC? Jan 6, 2011, 23:17 Cram

How? I gave up hope a couple months ago.

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 23:15:
Deadly Shadows works fine on Win7 64 here.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Thief 4 at GDC?
1. Re: Thief 4 at GDC? Jan 6, 2011, 21:01 Cram

A somewhat unexpected topic for the first public discussion but I'm interested none the less. The audio in the Thief franchise has always been AAA. Shalebridge Cradle, the pinnacle of audio perfection.  

News Comments > It Came from CES 2011, Part 1
5. Re: It Came from CES 2011, Part 1 Jan 5, 2011, 18:39 Cram

No care until MSI release a motherboard with at least 16 PCI-E slots and 400 ram slots.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Reboot Plans
12. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Reboot Plans Jan 3, 2011, 16:40 Cram

I appreciate this comment, but the issues in this game stem from its very foundation that the game is built on. To fix a number of these major issues, they would almost completely have re-do this game from the ground up.

Nerian wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 16:12:
Um, guys...you remember a game called Anarchy Online? Had a much worse start than this and was decently popular for a while..

Just saying. As long as they're really willing to fix the issues, the game will pick up.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Reboot Plans
6. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Reboot Plans Jan 3, 2011, 13:40 Cram

Was this an actual and real response from the producer of a game in this company's flagship series? The last part is absolutely ridiculous, but that part about the questionnaire....are you telling us you still don't know what is wrong with your game and now need player feedback? Now? You're telling us not one Square employee has actually played the game and/or read a SINGLE Japanese or North American review of this game?

Really? REALLY?!

News Comments > New Final Fantasy Trademark
5. Re: New Final Fantasy Trademark Jan 1, 2011, 06:11 Cram

I've been a Die-hard FF fan since '90 when FF1 came out on the NES in North America (up until '01). I've been calling for the end of Final Fantasy for almost decade since the release of FFX.

Fucking go away! Square, you ruined this shit 10 years ago. Stop it! Why are the sheeple still buying this trash? STOP! It's over people! It's not Final Fantasy anymore and hasn't been for 10+ years! Why is this garbage still selling in every part of the world!? They aren't even good general JRPGS anymore!

This comment was edited on Jan 1, 2011, 06:20.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 28, 2010, 15:08 Cram

a bunch of people used to use them as projectiles in high school, often during class.

no one was badly injured.

Esoteric wrote on Dec 28, 2010, 11:47:
I remember using some of those AOL CDs for coasters... They were EVERYWHERE.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 24, 2010, 12:11 Cram

18/21 - missed Jackal, Spy Hunter & Micro Machines  

News Comments > Diablo III Encounters
10. Re: Diablo III Encounters Dec 22, 2010, 13:14 Cram

I think this encounters post demonstrates Blizzard is as least trying to take the extremely simplistic and boring and juice it up a bit. They acknowledge the situation.

The removal of potions as your main source of health (and slapping them with a cooldown), IMO, should make some battles far more frantic as well (wtb more health orbs!) and should address your issue with the keyboard button quick health regen.

You're right about the doorway thing, I hope that is addressed and I think it can be. For example: destructible environments, make many walls supporting doors destructible and make enemies smart enough to destroy those walls themselves so they can quickly overwhelm you if you're using that doorway technique. It's just some random quick idea, and I'm sure Blizzard could come up with something far better.

Overon wrote on Dec 22, 2010, 12:47:
I must be the only poor soul in the whole world who thought the gameplay in diablo 1 and diablo 2 was extremely simplistic and boring: It consisted of holding down left click to spam attacks. Then when your health or mana got low, pressing a button on your keyboard for quick health regen or mana regen. Then you would do the same thing for hours until the end of the game. The greatest strategy was to force enemies through a doorway one at a time so they couldn't surround you easily.

Anything blizzard can do with diablo 3 to add more to the gameplay would be appreciated for people like me who want slightly more sophisticated gameplay.

News Comments > More World of Warcraft Hotfixes
2. Re: More World of Warcraft Hotfixes Dec 15, 2010, 14:51 Cram

You're right, as an ex-pally that frequented the pally forums it is an absolute mess of 90% complainers and 10% people complaining about the complainers......wait am I talking about Bluesnews? j/k

Maybe the pally's are the worst, but having been in a diverse guild the bitching about nerfs, IMO, extends to every class (which one would assume would be obvious). To help other members of the guild of other classes, I would look into other classes official forums and it was always just as bad in there.

The only time I completely lost it was during, i believe, 3.3 when they shadow/stealth nerfed paladins HP. Perhaps they did have a bit too much, but Blizzard simply implemented a hotfix out of the blue and never made a post about it. I went into an instance with about 37000 hp and came out with 34500hp. Blizzard never said a word till well after it happened. As you can see, I'm still bitching about that and I don't play anymore lol.

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 15, 2010, 13:11:
Paladins are ticked off that they got nerfed to use more than 10% of their mana. Then again, Paladins are always ticked off about something; it's like a community event.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. WoW ownership Dec 15, 2010, 14:39 Cram

This digital download age, and larger legal departments, have really brought more light to this.

I've always known that a game I buy is not mine. It's intellectual property that solely belongs to the developer and/or publisher. I think I understood this even during the NES days when I got into gaming as a kid. I also thought it was common knowledge by now that using bots or third party programs that give you an advantage, one not programmed into the game and that others do not possess, is going to get you in some kind of trouble. Every single one of these people knows what they're doing is against the rules, and fighting back when you get caught is, in my opinion, about as stupid as arguing against a DUI when you've failed every test and needed to go to the hospital to have your stomach pumped.

A bit off topic, what gave me some sense of ownership of a game was owning a physical copy of the product because I knew I could trade it with friends, at the store or flat out sell to those same people or on Ebay. I do not like that the digital age is slowly taking a lot of that away from me with one-time CD keys and non-redistributable/sellable digitally downloaded software. It's fully the publishers right though, I just wish they weren't selling the digital download for the EXACT same (or sometimes higher) price then the physical products which I assume require higher production and logistical costs.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 13, 2010, 16:13 Cram

Beamer wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 14:46:
I can't really think of a single core Wii game that wouldn't have been made better with the GameCube controller instead of the Wii controller. But for every game dozen games like that you get a real piece of genius like WarioWare.

While a little offtopic, and being of my own personal opinion, there were two games on the Wii I found substantially improved with the WiiMote: Metroid Prime III & Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition. Both games have classic controller roots, I found the WiiMote a superior option for both games. Unfortunately....that's about it and that's sad for a system that is going into its 5th year.

News Comments > Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours
40. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 15:34 Cram

Well a few were married and had kids, but the others....

Halo wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 14:39:
Cram wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 13:56:
If the last guild I was in is any indication...1 out of about every 20 I would say.

ASeven wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 13:51:
The only, real question is and remains:

How many elf ladies are actually girls?

How many of them have actually touched a girl?

News Comments > Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours
30. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 13:56 Cram

If the last guild I was in is any indication...1 out of about every 20 I would say.

ASeven wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 13:51:
The only, real question is and remains:

How many elf ladies are actually girls?

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Extension, Shakeup
1. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Extension, Shakeup Dec 10, 2010, 14:00 Cram

I hear this game is amazing.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 10, 2010, 02:59 Cram

Go on, piss off 4Chan.

Anonymous's first run on Amazon may have flopped but that'll only rally more support to their cause from other mercenary hackers looking to prove themselves in the hacking community.

This is all getting out of hand pretty quickly.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Leaked! Starcraft 2 - Heart of the Swarm Ending Video Dec 9, 2010, 21:19 Cram

This may have been mentioned already somewhere on the site.

A POSSIBLE incomplete version of the ending video to Starcraft 2's expansion "Heart of the Swarm" has leaked.

IncGamers Link to story and video

This link will most likely be taken down shortly. All the Youtube links are gone.

Be warned, if true, it more or less essentially spoils the entire storyline of the expansion which will now probably get a rewrite as a result. Rough December for Blizzard and leaks.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Free Character Moves
8. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Moves Dec 9, 2010, 19:37 Cram

Overon wrote on Dec 9, 2010, 18:12:
I don't know much about WOW but it's not all interconnected? You can be left behind by your friends like a piece of garbage when they move to a different "realm"?

Indeed. Blizzard charges $25, per character, to transfer realms. They make a lot of money on this alone.

News Comments > No PC Dead Space 2 Demo
3. Re: No PC Dead Space 2 Demo Dec 8, 2010, 20:31 Cram

I would have liked to know exactly how my computer performs with this game before shelling out money.  

News Comments > Bejeweled 3 Demo
6. Re: Bejeweled 3 Demo Dec 8, 2010, 19:35 Cram

It's funny, they somewhat did.

http://blog.games.com/2010/11/01/bejeweled-3-zen-mode-will-help-you-kick-back-and/

LittleMe wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 16:29:
Cram wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 16:18:
I tried the Zen mode with all those extra options enabled minus ambient sounds, in headphone mode. Before I knew it the hour trial was up; felt like I had been on some crazy high or something.

Yes I'm sure they have worked with brain physiology and behavioral experts experts on how to maximize this effect. Really..

722 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo