Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 711 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 13, 2010, 16:13 Cram

Beamer wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 14:46:
I can't really think of a single core Wii game that wouldn't have been made better with the GameCube controller instead of the Wii controller. But for every game dozen games like that you get a real piece of genius like WarioWare.

While a little offtopic, and being of my own personal opinion, there were two games on the Wii I found substantially improved with the WiiMote: Metroid Prime III & Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition. Both games have classic controller roots, I found the WiiMote a superior option for both games. Unfortunately....that's about it and that's sad for a system that is going into its 5th year.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours
40. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 15:34 Cram

Well a few were married and had kids, but the others....

Halo wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 14:39:
Cram wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 13:56:
If the last guild I was in is any indication...1 out of about every 20 I would say.

ASeven wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 13:51:
The only, real question is and remains:

How many elf ladies are actually girls?

How many of them have actually touched a girl?

News Comments > Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours
30. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 13:56 Cram

If the last guild I was in is any indication...1 out of about every 20 I would say.

ASeven wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 13:51:
The only, real question is and remains:

How many elf ladies are actually girls?

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Extension, Shakeup
1. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Extension, Shakeup Dec 10, 2010, 14:00 Cram

I hear this game is amazing.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 10, 2010, 02:59 Cram

Go on, piss off 4Chan.

Anonymous's first run on Amazon may have flopped but that'll only rally more support to their cause from other mercenary hackers looking to prove themselves in the hacking community.

This is all getting out of hand pretty quickly.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Leaked! Starcraft 2 - Heart of the Swarm Ending Video Dec 9, 2010, 21:19 Cram

This may have been mentioned already somewhere on the site.

A POSSIBLE incomplete version of the ending video to Starcraft 2's expansion "Heart of the Swarm" has leaked.

IncGamers Link to story and video

This link will most likely be taken down shortly. All the Youtube links are gone.

Be warned, if true, it more or less essentially spoils the entire storyline of the expansion which will now probably get a rewrite as a result. Rough December for Blizzard and leaks.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Free Character Moves
8. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Moves Dec 9, 2010, 19:37 Cram

Overon wrote on Dec 9, 2010, 18:12:
I don't know much about WOW but it's not all interconnected? You can be left behind by your friends like a piece of garbage when they move to a different "realm"?

Indeed. Blizzard charges $25, per character, to transfer realms. They make a lot of money on this alone.

News Comments > No PC Dead Space 2 Demo
3. Re: No PC Dead Space 2 Demo Dec 8, 2010, 20:31 Cram

I would have liked to know exactly how my computer performs with this game before shelling out money.  

News Comments > Bejeweled 3 Demo
6. Re: Bejeweled 3 Demo Dec 8, 2010, 19:35 Cram

It's funny, they somewhat did.

http://blog.games.com/2010/11/01/bejeweled-3-zen-mode-will-help-you-kick-back-and/

LittleMe wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 16:29:
Cram wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 16:18:
I tried the Zen mode with all those extra options enabled minus ambient sounds, in headphone mode. Before I knew it the hour trial was up; felt like I had been on some crazy high or something.

Yes I'm sure they have worked with brain physiology and behavioral experts experts on how to maximize this effect. Really..

News Comments > EA: A Decade of The Old Republic Won't Need Millions of Subs
38. Re: EA: A Decade of The Old Republic Won't Need Millions of Subs Dec 8, 2010, 17:39 Cram

I think it is difficult at this point to determine what Guild Wars 2 measure's of success are considering that, at this time, there are no plans for required subscription fees. That alone may steal some people from WoW looking to save a buck and play something new. I think you're right though, with the lack of monthly income, the game will probably have to be fairly innovative to reach sales goals needed to breakeven & maintain a player base they will need for whatever other programs they have planned to make more revenue.

Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 17:14:
So far it looks like GW2 is the only thing on track to really innovate the genre, if not it'll fail too. /quote]

News Comments > Bejeweled 3 Demo
2. Re: Bejeweled 3 Demo Dec 8, 2010, 16:18 Cram

I tried the Zen mode with all those extra options enabled minus ambient sounds, in headphone mode. Before I knew it the hour trial was up; felt like I had been on some crazy high or something.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 7, 2010, 23:36 Cram

"Gamers Abandoning DS, PSP In Favor of Smartphones"

I am not one of them, and have no intention of becoming one. Bring on more dedicated handheld gaming machines please. Touchscreen only games...sigh. Angry Birds was a nice diversion with a nice hook, but that's it. Haven't played anything else on my GalaxyS since. While iPhone has a few more games over the Android, they're all fairly basic, low production value, diversions for people that easily go "oh! shiny! swipe my finger to win!" and not worth abandoning dedicated handhelds in any way shape or form.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2010, 23:44.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch Stuff
15. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch Stuff Dec 6, 2010, 16:54 Cram

Elessar wrote on Dec 6, 2010, 16:50:
Krovven wrote on Dec 6, 2010, 16:33:
However, us EST players aren't that fortunate.

I find it rather amusing that the EST people that are complaining about this. They had the benefit the last 2 expansions, now Blizz does a unified launch time and east coasters are having a fit about it. QQ more.

Launch time is 12:01am PST....adjust for time zones.

LOL way too much hostility for such a trivial thing.

Not that I care, but wouldn't a 12:01 EST release time, like the last 2, be better for everyone since it's released sooner for everyone? In fact, PSTers would benefit getting it at 9pm in that case.

Because the stores don't open till 12am PST, nor (I believe) does the game unlock till 12am PST on any servers. Why not change that all around to 9pm pst, well then I suppose the game would technically launch on Monday and we can't have that. I'm sure there are some credible reasons why a 9pm pst launch wasn't going to happen.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 6, 2010, 16:40 Cram

Attn: Samsung & Rogers,

Gingerbread will soon be gracing the lands. Can I please have an official god damn release of Froyo for my Captivate?

ps: thank you Rogers for making your version of the Captivate nearly impossible to root. I'll get right on that list of 10000 things you gotta do on this version of the phone, where-as you can use one-click programs just fine with AT&T's versions. Good job.

News Comments > Divinity II Patches
13. Re: Divinity II Patches Dec 5, 2010, 03:55 Cram

Jerykk wrote on Dec 5, 2010, 02:35:
Are saves from regular Divinity 2 compatible with the DKS? I made a fair bit of progress in the regular version and I really don't want to have to redo it all.

I am not 100% certain, but I would very much assume, unfortunately, that they are not compatible. However, I will attempt to find out for you and repost/edit this one shortly.

EDIT: A direct quote from Sven (Lar_q on forums), Director of the Divinity franchise and owner of Larian:

"A patch which would bring ED to DKS would consist of replacing almost every single file, and it's guarnateed that you wouldn't be able to play any of your previous saves.

So D2:ED + FoV (which includes patch) does not equal DKS, but it's as close as we can get it without destroying the save-games."

ED = (Divinity 2 Ego Draconis Launch version)
FOV = Expansion, in the context of this post he's discussing the standalone versions of launch Divinity 2 + standalone FoV expansion bought separately being compatible with Dragon Knight Saga. From my understanding of that post, no they aren't compatible which really blows for people that bought the original Divinity 2.

Sven points out in that post the DKS was essentially released with the target audience being those that didn't buy Divinity 2 that first time around, aka people such as myself. I can appreciate that those that did buy the launch version feel like this is a kick right in the junk to them. It is.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=421086&#Post421086

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2010, 04:08.

11. Re: Divinity II Patches Dec 4, 2010, 21:18 Cram

They basically addressed everything people had any kind of issue with. The revamped Dragon Knight Saga version of Divinity 2 is vastly different from the launch version due to sheer number of changes and improvements.

This, understandably, won't make the people that bought Divinity 2 at launch feel any better. There were so many people having a bad time so I avoided it, till now with this compilation.

The ending doesn't seem like as much crap now, the transition from Divinity2's ending into the expansion is completely seemless, and now that ending doesn't feel like an ending at all but just another CGI movie which is immediately expanded on by more cgi movies before you get right into the game again.

Edit: as for humor. I am not sure if or how many in-game script changes were made between launch D2 and DKS D2, but the game was extremely funny. Hysterical at times. Mind Read is amazing, and all the extra, and sometimes absurd, new text response options and/or actions that pop up due to a mind read are fantastic. In my opinion, this game followed D1's humor and expanded on it, vastly expanded on it.

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2010, 21:23.

1. Re: Divinity II Patches Dec 4, 2010, 00:02 Cram

This Dragon Knight Saga was worth the purchase. I avoided Divinity 2 at launch because of the absurd amount of issues people were reporting.

I played through Divinity 2 (Dragon Knight Saga updated version) and its expansion over the course of a few days and I really liked it. I never had one problem or bug of any kind, and the game ran great on my over 4-year old system (where-as I heard at launch even the best systems were having problems getting the game to have a decent framerate at moderate resolutions, which is what I played at, 720p)

I recommend it. The expansion was actually very well designed for what it was. It all takes place in Aleroth (a city), but don't let that throw you off. The town is remarkably diverse due to how f*cked up things are and what's happening at the time.

Edit: grammar

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2010, 00:24.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Updates
10. Re: the irony award goes to... Dec 3, 2010, 16:46 Cram

ockky wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 16:34:
Clearly you've not played WoW, otherwise you'd know that there is no 'wizard' class,

oh wow.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Midnight Events
12. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Midnight Events Dec 3, 2010, 13:01 Cram

PropheT wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 12:44:
Cram wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 04:52:
Has any MMO or expansion ever launched properly, ever? I mean 100% good to go properly that it's worth taking time off work right off the bat?

Yeah, the last two Warcraft expansions actually. There was minimal downtime after their launches, just a few server restarts over the course of the next week.

Cool. I am a bit surprised to hear that, considering the number of times on Tuesday I remember waiting all day for the servers to come up because something went wrong with their maintenance and/or patch.

This may be a different situation, yet it feels like it's much bigger and more complex then anything they do on maintenance or patch days which often go well past the expected 11am server up time. Or maybe it's as simple as pushing a button and it'll work out fine.

It's just very hard for me to believe it'll be a smooth gameplay experience on launch day considering how many people will be online playing it.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Midnight Events
6. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Midnight Events Dec 3, 2010, 04:52 Cram

I don't play WoW anymore (though the temptation hasn't gone away), BUT if I did I wouldn't take time off work till 2 or 3 days AFTER release of the expansion to, possibly, avoid the server sh*tshow AND/OR emergency patch work mess that is to come.

Has any MMO or expansion ever launched properly, ever? I mean 100% good to go properly that it's worth taking time off work right off the bat?

If WotLK taught me anything, it is that the content will be always be there no matter what time you start playing it. If you're an achievement whore, face it there is going to be someone far better than you (at WoW) getting all the Realm firsts so you might as well make life a priority first during the first week or so.

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 2010, 05:58.

711 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo