Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > QuakeCon 2011 Dated
1. Re: QuakeCon 2011 Dated Jan 28, 2011, 22:21 Cram

"Every day of QuakeCon is packed with contests, entertainment, announcements, panel discussions, parties and sausage as far as the eye can see!"

Agreed.
Also, Doom 4 please.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. Deep Space 2 Jan 28, 2011, 12:14 Cram

Indeed, I discovered the Elite suit schematics missing during a NewGame+ game. DLC I can understand, this...I don't get it at all.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 27, 2011, 15:26 Cram

I skimmed through the articles.
Did I miss any mention on battery life?

I assume with 4gpus on a 5inch screen running PS3'ish type games, the typical lithium ion battery of today will last about 4 minutes.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC
30. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 14:32 Cram

I can confirm all of this

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 12:33:
The rest of your post aside the mouse support is perfect in this game, no issues. V-synch does halve your framerate and cause stutter, but you disable it just like the first game and force it through drivers. I mean it is literally a two second fix. And I haven't had any save issue, not sure what that is all about.

the PC port works flawlessly for me, not sure what else to say really, it's a much better experience than on consoles I would bet my ass.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC
4. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 26, 2011, 21:43 Cram

Not surprised in the least; still upset.
SKU cost the same as the console versions, should receive everything console versions get.

Signed,
Someone who's trying to futilely support PC Gaming.

News Comments > The Old Republic in September?
10. Re: The Old Republic in September? Jan 26, 2011, 15:06 Cram

Jonny wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 14:57:
Aganazer wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 13:10:
justice7 wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 10:05:
I don't know how they're going to manage the story driven side of this to flow with the multiplayer side. It's not like Mass Effect or Dragon Age were multiplayer...

We'll see what happens

All the players get to contribute to the decision making choices during the dialog so it probably won't be bad at all.

I'm sure having your own little storyline rest on the deeply thought out dialogue choices of the gogogogogogogogogogogogogo guy will turn out to be a genius concept.

For pugging, awful. Playing with a good guild or with friends, a good concept. See Guild Wars 1.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Live Event Today
12. Re: Dead Space 2 Live Event Today Jan 25, 2011, 02:42 Cram

I played the 360 version before the PC.

After a couple (required) tweaks, I 100% enjoyed the PC version over the 360 version. I used a Logitech "DualShock" imitating Gamepad. I did experience, at first, a lot of the problems everyone here has reported, I was able to fix them and for some reason others werent I guess.

Overon wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 17:22:
If you guys played this on the pc, how could you stand the controls?

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Live Event Today
3. Re: Dead Space 2 Live Event Today Jan 24, 2011, 15:42 Cram

Picking up the PC CE tomorrow morning.
Been awhile since I've looked forward to any game.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 13, 2011, 18:14 Cram

This is interesting, if true.

So, will games come out priced at 59.99/69.99? I have to assume so if these companies have to spend the $$$ necessary to meet the expectations of playing a PS3-like game on a handheld.

More of the same here. Just sequels and high budget AAA games (...err sequels for the most part I guess). I'm sure many indie and other third party developers may put off by this, especially if the games don't cost exactly, or more, that PS3 games cost to purchase. Why develop PS3'ish budget-required titles at handheld prices? Doesn't sound like a sound business decision.

On the other hand, allowing certain big companies to streamline their technologies and engines onto a handheld could be fairly exciting for the big boys. One more place to port shit. Good for the big boys, sucks to be the little guy.

Also, I imagine the battery life of a handheld that is supposedly PS3 powerful will last a good 20 minutes no matter what kind of nuclear powered lithium ion battery you put in there. It's all assumption of course. Still, the term portable is going out the window if it has to be plugged into the wall most of the time. That goes for the 3DS too.

News Comments > Torchlight II Interview
10. Re: Torchlight II Interview Jan 8, 2011, 00:55 Cram

Have fun waiting till fall/winter 2012 at the earliest.

Bring on Torchlight 2! Can't wait.
Golwar wrote on Jan 7, 2011, 18:29:
D3 is near enough

News Comments > Thief 4 at GDC?
8. Re: Thief 4 at GDC? Jan 6, 2011, 23:17 Cram

How? I gave up hope a couple months ago.

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 23:15:
Deadly Shadows works fine on Win7 64 here.

News Comments > Thief 4 at GDC?
1. Re: Thief 4 at GDC? Jan 6, 2011, 21:01 Cram

A somewhat unexpected topic for the first public discussion but I'm interested none the less. The audio in the Thief franchise has always been AAA. Shalebridge Cradle, the pinnacle of audio perfection.  

News Comments > It Came from CES 2011, Part 1
5. Re: It Came from CES 2011, Part 1 Jan 5, 2011, 18:39 Cram

No care until MSI release a motherboard with at least 16 PCI-E slots and 400 ram slots.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Reboot Plans
12. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Reboot Plans Jan 3, 2011, 16:40 Cram

I appreciate this comment, but the issues in this game stem from its very foundation that the game is built on. To fix a number of these major issues, they would almost completely have re-do this game from the ground up.

Nerian wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 16:12:
Um, guys...you remember a game called Anarchy Online? Had a much worse start than this and was decently popular for a while..

Just saying. As long as they're really willing to fix the issues, the game will pick up.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Reboot Plans
6. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Reboot Plans Jan 3, 2011, 13:40 Cram

Was this an actual and real response from the producer of a game in this company's flagship series? The last part is absolutely ridiculous, but that part about the questionnaire....are you telling us you still don't know what is wrong with your game and now need player feedback? Now? You're telling us not one Square employee has actually played the game and/or read a SINGLE Japanese or North American review of this game?

Really? REALLY?!

News Comments > New Final Fantasy Trademark
5. Re: New Final Fantasy Trademark Jan 1, 2011, 06:11 Cram

I've been a Die-hard FF fan since '90 when FF1 came out on the NES in North America (up until '01). I've been calling for the end of Final Fantasy for almost decade since the release of FFX.

Fucking go away! Square, you ruined this shit 10 years ago. Stop it! Why are the sheeple still buying this trash? STOP! It's over people! It's not Final Fantasy anymore and hasn't been for 10+ years! Why is this garbage still selling in every part of the world!? They aren't even good general JRPGS anymore!

This comment was edited on Jan 1, 2011, 06:20.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 28, 2010, 15:08 Cram

a bunch of people used to use them as projectiles in high school, often during class.

no one was badly injured.

Esoteric wrote on Dec 28, 2010, 11:47:
I remember using some of those AOL CDs for coasters... They were EVERYWHERE.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 24, 2010, 12:11 Cram

18/21 - missed Jackal, Spy Hunter & Micro Machines  

News Comments > Diablo III Encounters
10. Re: Diablo III Encounters Dec 22, 2010, 13:14 Cram

I think this encounters post demonstrates Blizzard is as least trying to take the extremely simplistic and boring and juice it up a bit. They acknowledge the situation.

The removal of potions as your main source of health (and slapping them with a cooldown), IMO, should make some battles far more frantic as well (wtb more health orbs!) and should address your issue with the keyboard button quick health regen.

You're right about the doorway thing, I hope that is addressed and I think it can be. For example: destructible environments, make many walls supporting doors destructible and make enemies smart enough to destroy those walls themselves so they can quickly overwhelm you if you're using that doorway technique. It's just some random quick idea, and I'm sure Blizzard could come up with something far better.

Overon wrote on Dec 22, 2010, 12:47:
I must be the only poor soul in the whole world who thought the gameplay in diablo 1 and diablo 2 was extremely simplistic and boring: It consisted of holding down left click to spam attacks. Then when your health or mana got low, pressing a button on your keyboard for quick health regen or mana regen. Then you would do the same thing for hours until the end of the game. The greatest strategy was to force enemies through a doorway one at a time so they couldn't surround you easily.

Anything blizzard can do with diablo 3 to add more to the gameplay would be appreciated for people like me who want slightly more sophisticated gameplay.

News Comments > More World of Warcraft Hotfixes
2. Re: More World of Warcraft Hotfixes Dec 15, 2010, 14:51 Cram

You're right, as an ex-pally that frequented the pally forums it is an absolute mess of 90% complainers and 10% people complaining about the complainers......wait am I talking about Bluesnews? j/k

Maybe the pally's are the worst, but having been in a diverse guild the bitching about nerfs, IMO, extends to every class (which one would assume would be obvious). To help other members of the guild of other classes, I would look into other classes official forums and it was always just as bad in there.

The only time I completely lost it was during, i believe, 3.3 when they shadow/stealth nerfed paladins HP. Perhaps they did have a bit too much, but Blizzard simply implemented a hotfix out of the blue and never made a post about it. I went into an instance with about 37000 hp and came out with 34500hp. Blizzard never said a word till well after it happened. As you can see, I'm still bitching about that and I don't play anymore lol.

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 15, 2010, 13:11:
Paladins are ticked off that they got nerfed to use more than 10% of their mana. Then again, Paladins are always ticked off about something; it's like a community event.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo