Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 722 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Retail Amnesia in N.A. Next Week
1. Re: Retail Amnesia in N.A. Next Week Feb 15, 2011, 20:05 Cram

Good. Any additional support and exposure this game can get, the better. I hope.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Serious Sam 3 This Summer
1. Re: Serious Sam 3 This Summer Feb 11, 2011, 23:02 Cram

I enjoyed SS2 enough, I'll be watching this one with cautious optimism.  

News Comments > Square Enix Financials
8. Re: Square Enix Financials Feb 3, 2011, 16:03 Cram

They'll survive as long as the Fantasy is never Final and there are always Dragon's to Quest for. SquareEnix's demise will not come from anything North American based/created, and more importantly any game where the North American audience is the target market. The worst case scenario that will come from this is a bad quarter and Eidos getting sold off if DX3 bombs. That's it.

If they were ever in massive trouble, all they'd have to do is simply announce a FFVII remake and their stock would rebound like no one's ever seen before. When the game actually hit, lol.

SquareEnix isn't going anywhere.

Acleacius wrote on Feb 3, 2011, 12:18:
I wonder if they can even survive if they screw up DX3.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Feb 3, 2011, 13:31 Cram

Hah I loved the Christ Center Gamer review of DS2.

Favorite line: "Unitology, a man-made religion....." continued:
"The religion is more like a futuristic Scientology though and, like Scientology, is not to be taken seriously."

I agree, but considering who and what the source of this quote is from, I can't stop laughing.

News Comments > Painkiller Redemption Announced
1. Re: Painkiller Redemption Announced Feb 2, 2011, 21:45 Cram

The last game... I wish I could forget that one.
The fact that JoWood has anything to do with this also disturbs me.
Still, I'll keep my eye on this.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 1, 2011, 03:57 Cram

On Shaw. We've gotten fucked but not as bad as the customers of this f*ckin company.

I live in BC. We pay the highest prices for alcohol, food and (as far as I know) gas in all of North America. Now they're raping me for my source of income which, without getting into details, requires Hi Definition Media.

Canada is not the Golden Land some think it is.

News Comments > On Bulletstorm DRM and GFWL
6. Re: On Bulletstorm DRM and GFWL Jan 30, 2011, 16:26 Cram

This GFWL deal along with Bleszinski's attitude towards the PC and its users has me on the fence. I have gift certificates to blow though and nothing else coming out in the next little while has my attention. Think I'll wait for any fallout after release before purchasing.  

News Comments > Hardcore Dead Space 2 Reward
23. Re: Hardcore Dead Space 2 Reward Jan 30, 2011, 15:35 Cram

Each suit you obtain in the game has a corresponding "elite" version, so there are four of them. In the 360 and PS3 versions of the game, these suits are obtained by finding new schematics in a NewGame+ round. Quote from IGN:

"The Riot Armor Suit is available in the store and the Elite Engineer Suit schematic is found near the first store.

Other elite suits may be located when playing through round 2 -- the Vintage Elite in chapter 6, the Security Elite in chapter 9, and the Advance Elite in chapter 11. "

For example, the Elite Engineer schematic is supposed to be found on a couch in the same room as the first store you come across in Chapter 1. For me this isn't a case about not being able to be more powerful with new shinies but a case of paying the same price as the console versions and having something excluded for absolutely no reason. Yes this stuff is pretty pointless, but it's that it just doesn't make any sense at all which bothers me in this case.

Edit: This could just be a giant bug, I get the impression no one bothered testing the PC version of this game nevermind testing a NewGame+ Round. If it isn't a bug though, they ported the console version (that has all this stuff) to the PC and then took those things out. That's an assumption, yes, but I think a safe one to make if this is not a bug. No matter how significant, or insignificant, these things are, it completely blows my mind why they would do that.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 2011, 15:50.

21. Re: Hardcore Dead Space 2 Reward Jan 30, 2011, 13:29 Cram

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 30, 2011, 13:26:
Third story is World of Warcraft, and yes, console news and mobile news are below the main stories, which is what I was talking about with "below the fold." Blues focuses on PC gaming and PC news but also has links below for consoles and other topics.

This is how I've seen it for about 10+ years now. Console only games do not get headlines above the fold and if they do it's either an extraordinary situation or a mistake. If this gun isn't in the PC version, which I still haven't been able to confirm, then it should be in the "Consolidation" section.

EDIT: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/4747917.page The Foam Handcannon is not included in the PC version for beating Hardcore, add that to the list of things missing from the PC version.

EDIT #2: http://twitter.com/deadspace/status/31160071966687232 Interesting, but unlocking "the elite suit", singular, isn't the problem people are complaining about. It's that the schematics for multiple elite suits don't exist and aren't where they're supposed to be. Tweet doesn't mention the handcannon either.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 2011, 13:57.

14. Re: Hardcore Dead Space 2 Reward Jan 30, 2011, 03:51 Cram

Is it even confirmed that it's on the PC version of the game? They took away all the other "NewGame+" rewards from the PC version so....yeah.

I spent a couple minutes on google and gamefaqs looking for a confirmation, I didn't find one.

Edit: I ask this because this shouldn't be a headline on Bluesnews if it isn't in the PC version.

News Comments > QuakeCon 2011 Dated
1. Re: QuakeCon 2011 Dated Jan 28, 2011, 22:21 Cram

"Every day of QuakeCon is packed with contests, entertainment, announcements, panel discussions, parties and sausage as far as the eye can see!"

Agreed.
Also, Doom 4 please.

News Comments > etc.
1. Deep Space 2 Jan 28, 2011, 12:14 Cram

Indeed, I discovered the Elite suit schematics missing during a NewGame+ game. DLC I can understand, this...I don't get it at all.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 27, 2011, 15:26 Cram

I skimmed through the articles.
Did I miss any mention on battery life?

I assume with 4gpus on a 5inch screen running PS3'ish type games, the typical lithium ion battery of today will last about 4 minutes.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC
30. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 14:32 Cram

I can confirm all of this

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 12:33:
The rest of your post aside the mouse support is perfect in this game, no issues. V-synch does halve your framerate and cause stutter, but you disable it just like the first game and force it through drivers. I mean it is literally a two second fix. And I haven't had any save issue, not sure what that is all about.

the PC port works flawlessly for me, not sure what else to say really, it's a much better experience than on consoles I would bet my ass.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC
4. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 26, 2011, 21:43 Cram

Not surprised in the least; still upset.
SKU cost the same as the console versions, should receive everything console versions get.

Signed,
Someone who's trying to futilely support PC Gaming.

News Comments > The Old Republic in September?
10. Re: The Old Republic in September? Jan 26, 2011, 15:06 Cram

Jonny wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 14:57:
Aganazer wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 13:10:
justice7 wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 10:05:
I don't know how they're going to manage the story driven side of this to flow with the multiplayer side. It's not like Mass Effect or Dragon Age were multiplayer...

We'll see what happens

All the players get to contribute to the decision making choices during the dialog so it probably won't be bad at all.

I'm sure having your own little storyline rest on the deeply thought out dialogue choices of the gogogogogogogogogogogogogo guy will turn out to be a genius concept.

For pugging, awful. Playing with a good guild or with friends, a good concept. See Guild Wars 1.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Live Event Today
12. Re: Dead Space 2 Live Event Today Jan 25, 2011, 02:42 Cram

I played the 360 version before the PC.

After a couple (required) tweaks, I 100% enjoyed the PC version over the 360 version. I used a Logitech "DualShock" imitating Gamepad. I did experience, at first, a lot of the problems everyone here has reported, I was able to fix them and for some reason others werent I guess.

Overon wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 17:22:
If you guys played this on the pc, how could you stand the controls?

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Live Event Today
3. Re: Dead Space 2 Live Event Today Jan 24, 2011, 15:42 Cram

Picking up the PC CE tomorrow morning.
Been awhile since I've looked forward to any game.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 13, 2011, 18:14 Cram

This is interesting, if true.

So, will games come out priced at 59.99/69.99? I have to assume so if these companies have to spend the $$$ necessary to meet the expectations of playing a PS3-like game on a handheld.

More of the same here. Just sequels and high budget AAA games (...err sequels for the most part I guess). I'm sure many indie and other third party developers may put off by this, especially if the games don't cost exactly, or more, that PS3 games cost to purchase. Why develop PS3'ish budget-required titles at handheld prices? Doesn't sound like a sound business decision.

On the other hand, allowing certain big companies to streamline their technologies and engines onto a handheld could be fairly exciting for the big boys. One more place to port shit. Good for the big boys, sucks to be the little guy.

Also, I imagine the battery life of a handheld that is supposedly PS3 powerful will last a good 20 minutes no matter what kind of nuclear powered lithium ion battery you put in there. It's all assumption of course. Still, the term portable is going out the window if it has to be plugged into the wall most of the time. That goes for the 3DS too.

News Comments > Torchlight II Interview
10. Re: Torchlight II Interview Jan 8, 2011, 00:55 Cram

Have fun waiting till fall/winter 2012 at the earliest.

Bring on Torchlight 2! Can't wait.
Golwar wrote on Jan 7, 2011, 18:29:
D3 is near enough

722 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo