Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 716 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > 20 Years of Blizzard
13. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 8, 2011, 05:15 Cram

Actually, no, it didn't. Certainly not Starcraft 2 at any rate. Despite being a day one purchase, it didn't do anything for me, and while I may be in the minority here, others will no doubt agree. I might be wrong, but I get the feeling that most of those who have spent a significant amount of time with Starcraft 2 either really didn't play much of the first, or were just hoping for a high definition version of it.

Nothing to do with, and you'll have an impossible time proving to me it was, Activision; the issue I was tackling.

The WoW expansions have been about milking what's already been established. It's just more of the same, and for me, that's largely the problem. They're not trying anything new, and they're not setting the bar again. Which is fine, if that's what floats your boat, but I was hoping for something new.

Nothing to do with, and you'll have an impossible time proving to me it was, Activision; the issue I was tackling. This is what MMO expansions do, period.

Here's hoping we get that with Diablo 3, but to be honest, I won't be holding my breath. Not now.

What I'm about to say has been said by a dozen other people on this site, and thousands elsewhere. Blizzard does NOT innovate. They improve upon the previous. To what extent may be a matter of opinion.

Diablo 3 will be Diablo 1 and 2, HD'd with a couple new things. That's what I'm expecting and TBH that's what I want. I love the Diablo universe and I absolutely don't need Diablo 3 to go bad shit insane with new ideas and innovations. To have EVER expected anything else, those were expectations you made NOT what Blizzard made for you. To be disappointed with that is to be disappointed with Blizzard in general (all 20 years of Blizzard), not to be disappointed with Activation's involvement (again the issue I was tackling). Blizzard improves upon, they do not innovate.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 20 Years of Blizzard
10. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 8, 2011, 04:01 Cram

Paketep wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 03:27:
17 years of Blizzard. 3 years of Activision-Blizzard.

The last 3 weren't up to par. The next 20 probably won't, either.

Really now?

So WotlK, Cata and Starcraft 2 didn't do it for you eh? I suppose their absolutely ridiculously beyond industry average customer support and ridiculously beyond industry average support for their old titles didn't do it for you either.

Perhaps you're upset they're announcing games and going off about them well before those games release (I am big time, fyi, BUT)....except that's something they've always done well before Activision came along.

What exactly has Blizzard done the specific last three years that's sub-par? See, WoW has always been an unbalanced mess well before Activision, so all those hotfixes, balancing patches and all that jazz just doesn't count. WotLK was too easy, *complainers*, Cata is too hard, *complainers*,. Make up your mind WoW'ers. SC2 and its three-part series, whatever. A guaranteed two-expansions to the sequel of one of the most respected RTS series ever made. I would have killed for multiple well-made expansions to Diablo, Diablo 2 and about six dozen other franchises out there.

What has been sub-par these last three years, compared to the 17 previous? Go.

Edit: clarifications

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 2011, 04:21.

News Comments > GDC 2011 Record, 2012 Dates
1. Re: GDC 2011 Record, 2012 Dates Mar 7, 2011, 16:54 Cram

Did we actually end up hearing anything (music/sound or otherwise) Thief4 related at this years GDC from the audio director?

afaik not a single site has mentioned anything.

News Comments > Guild Wars Patch Plans
3. Re: Guild Wars Patch Plans Mar 4, 2011, 14:24 Cram

I could, and probably will at some point, spend time researching....but does anyone know how Arenanet is making enough money to support GW for free all these years, keep a dedicated team on that game AND develop GW2 for as long as they have? They have other games/projects out there I'm not aware of generating funds?  

News Comments > Alice: Madness Returns in June
4. Re: Alice: Madness Returns in June Mar 3, 2011, 00:40 Cram

Maybe it'll blow, maybe it'll be fantastic. I personally hope it turns out excellent. I am sure a Gameplay vid is upcoming soon.

On another note, I prefer this style of releasing a game. I am bored of companies releasing screenshots and videos YEARS before a game is released. You end up knowing absolutely everything there is to know about the game before you even play it. No one forces you watch those vids, view those screenshots or read spoilers, but they just seem to end up taking over the internet whenever they're released. I'm looking at you Blizzard. Others are guilty too, in my opinion. I've seen all there is to see of Rage as of right now, and TBH I'm already bored; and I usually love ID games.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Painkiller - Redemption
19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Painkiller - Redemption Feb 27, 2011, 16:55 Cram

Who cares who made the maps and why?

I care because someone in this thread made a post that PCF developed this game and its maps. This is absolutely false and someone needs to say something; if I were less informed about this mod and actually believed that post that PCF were involved, then bought the game only to later find out they weren't at all, I would be displeased. False information presented as fact, not going to let that go.

It's Painkiller with 5x's the amount of enemies in it.

I would argue it's not Painkiller at all, but Serious Sam on enemy spawn steroids in extremely tightly confined spaces. In Painkiller, you were progressing forward while killing enemies, not staying in one location for more then a couple minutes. In this game, you move from one small room to the next, 15 minutes at a time. Serious Sam did this, but the environments were much larger and varied so it was easier to handle. You could actually use a Rocket Launcher most of the time without being afraid of gibbing yourself.

It lasted 4 hours

That's pretty good actually. It took me over 1hr15min to beat the first level due to the need and requirement to artificially greatly expand game time through more respawns since there's no variety in level design whatsoever. I played through the second level today despite saying I wouldn't. More of the exact same. Getting all 6 done in 4 hours would be quite an accomplishment without cheats.

It was 5 whole dollars, how could there be any dismay for 5 bucks?

Because if stuff like this is allowed to, and does, sell, the price will soon move to $10, then $15 and so on for products of such absolute poor quality.

can't please 'em all (or any of 'em on BluesNews)

I fail to see how labeling our criticisms on the fact we're Bluesnews readers is relevant here. Yeah there are other threads where things get trollishly out of control and rude, but in this case we're dealing with an genuinely terrible product. It's awesome you had some fun for a bit, but in the bigger picture there is literally nothing to be pleased about with this mod.

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Painkiller - Redemption Feb 27, 2011, 14:05 Cram

Oh man...

Ok. First of all, People Can Fly had nothing to do with the development of Redemption. The sole developer was Eggtooth Team. People Can Fly have never said or made anything "clear" in regards to this project. They're not involved.

Second, these maps are NOT from any abandoned project. These are the maps in question used in Redemption:

DM_Illuminati
DM_Mine
DM_ExMortis
CTF_CHAOS
DM_Fallen1

These are finished multiplayer maps from other previous expansions or fan-made maps (Eggtooth Team did not create any of them).

Third: If you think paying $1, $2, $5 or $100 for crap is acceptable, you either have way more money then you know what to do with, or you have no real concept of money in the first place.

Fourth: I was having a crashing problem so I went to a couple different forums to get help. There I found other people with various issues and for the most part expressing them respectfully. Eggtooth is there, posting. He's rude, way to defensive and hostile. Nothing like seeing people pay money for a product, have problems with it and then be yelled at by the developer. I regret supporting this joker.

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Painkiller - Redemption Feb 27, 2011, 13:27 Cram

I got through the first level, and I'm done. Can't be bothered to keep playing. This is not Painkiller, despite whatever the developer Eggtooth says. Painkiller didn't keep you locked up in one small area at a time for 15+ minutes at a time just button mashing and bunny hopping.

This being only $5 does not excuse the complete lack of variety, boredom, terrible load times, horrible spawning, re-used levels (I'm told some of these levels are MP levels from previous expansions) and a slew of other issues. Crap, avoid.

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Painkiller - Redemption Feb 26, 2011, 16:38 Cram

Just went through Battle out of Hell for the first time yesterday.
I didn't really enjoy it; probably should have played on Insomnia difficulty instead. The card challenges were absurd and things were way to inconsistent. That roller coaster....wtf was that?

I'll give this a shot if only to just put, hopefully, closure to the ridiculous story and kill a few hours.

News Comments > Thief 4 Image
20. Re: Thief 4 Image Feb 25, 2011, 12:59 Cram

I need to kill more Pagans.

Day one buy.

News Comments > Console Diablo III Confirmed?
45. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 21:13 Cram

PHJF wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 21:09:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 17:11:
Couldn't. Care. Less.

Diablo was great. By the time Diablo II rolled around, Blizzard had already dropped the ball on the action RPG genre. Dungeon Siege beat it out of the gate by quite a bit and had way better graphics, since Blizzard stuck to sprites. It also had a good many innovations that made it a lot of fun, which Diablo II skipped as well.

Diablo II

Release date(s) * NA / PAL June 29, 2000

Dungeon Siege

Release date(s) April 5, 2002

And lol's were had.

News Comments > Console Diablo III Confirmed?
31. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 15:29 Cram

Give the consolers they're own battle.net so they can all play together with whatever limits are imposed on the console version (that's right, impose the limits on the console version not the PC version), and let all the PC people have their own battle.net so they can all play the game in it's fully customizable glory thus having no advantage in resolution or whatever over the console people.

I can't imagine the console and pc people could play together anyway. Consolers would get creamed in pvp and would probably just lag behind trying to keep up in pve with the PC crowd.

News Comments > Retail Amnesia in N.A. Next Week
15. Re: Retail Amnesia in N.A. Next Week Feb 16, 2011, 00:15 Cram

An above average set of headphones does wonders for this one.

Frijoles wrote on Feb 16, 2011, 00:08:
I just can't get immersed enough in this game to feel scared. I tried playing late at night with all the lights out, but no luck.

Maybe I should find an abandoned warehouse and play there on a laptop around midnight.

8. Re: Retail Amnesia in N.A. Next Week Feb 15, 2011, 21:38 Cram

Sorta yeah. You want nothing more then to hide in the dark to avoid certain...obstacles, but stay in the dark for too long and....

Play this game!

MajorD wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 21:27:
You guys struck my curiosity, so I watched a couple game trailers on YouTube and there seems to be some Thief1-esque to it. Is that a true statement?

1. Re: Retail Amnesia in N.A. Next Week Feb 15, 2011, 20:05 Cram

Good. Any additional support and exposure this game can get, the better. I hope.  

News Comments > Serious Sam 3 This Summer
1. Re: Serious Sam 3 This Summer Feb 11, 2011, 23:02 Cram

I enjoyed SS2 enough, I'll be watching this one with cautious optimism.  

News Comments > Square Enix Financials
8. Re: Square Enix Financials Feb 3, 2011, 16:03 Cram

They'll survive as long as the Fantasy is never Final and there are always Dragon's to Quest for. SquareEnix's demise will not come from anything North American based/created, and more importantly any game where the North American audience is the target market. The worst case scenario that will come from this is a bad quarter and Eidos getting sold off if DX3 bombs. That's it.

If they were ever in massive trouble, all they'd have to do is simply announce a FFVII remake and their stock would rebound like no one's ever seen before. When the game actually hit, lol.

SquareEnix isn't going anywhere.

Acleacius wrote on Feb 3, 2011, 12:18:
I wonder if they can even survive if they screw up DX3.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Feb 3, 2011, 13:31 Cram

Hah I loved the Christ Center Gamer review of DS2.

Favorite line: "Unitology, a man-made religion....." continued:
"The religion is more like a futuristic Scientology though and, like Scientology, is not to be taken seriously."

I agree, but considering who and what the source of this quote is from, I can't stop laughing.

News Comments > Painkiller Redemption Announced
1. Re: Painkiller Redemption Announced Feb 2, 2011, 21:45 Cram

The last game... I wish I could forget that one.
The fact that JoWood has anything to do with this also disturbs me.
Still, I'll keep my eye on this.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 1, 2011, 03:57 Cram

On Shaw. We've gotten fucked but not as bad as the customers of this f*ckin company.

I live in BC. We pay the highest prices for alcohol, food and (as far as I know) gas in all of North America. Now they're raping me for my source of income which, without getting into details, requires Hi Definition Media.

Canada is not the Golden Land some think it is.

716 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo