Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 722 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Hellgate Closed Beta Tomorrow
16. Re: Hellgate Closed Beta Tomorrow Jun 4, 2011, 04:28 Cram

Nullouno wrote on Jun 4, 2011, 04:18:
Guess what - 09:18 gmt and still can't log on! Way to go people!

Flagshipped!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hellgate Closed Beta Tomorrow
14. Re: Hellgate Closed Beta Tomorrow Jun 3, 2011, 20:59 Cram

Go figure, Servers are not open yet...go figure.. I swear tards on bluesnews...

Actually, they are according to this: http://hellgate.t3fun.com/News/Notice_View.aspx?post_key=6

Anyways, downloaded the client and did all the registration stuff. I'm curious to see what, if anything, has changed.

So, the launcher starts. It converts my entire Windows 7 scheme to "basic" and doesn't change it back when I quit. That's nice. I hit the "options" button, and the launcher crashes, so far so good my confidence is rising. I'll report any noticeable changes later once I get the game running.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3 BFE Trailer
1. Re: Serious Sam 3 BFE Trailer Jun 1, 2011, 22:52 Cram

Like many here at Bluesnews, I was not a huge fan of SS2.

I really like how the game looked in that trailer. Add decent level design, awesome coop and an excellent (as all previous SS games have had) soundtrack and it is a day one purchase for me.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 1, 2011, 22:44 Cram

Easily the greatest human being in all of history.

Hero.

GO CANUCKS!

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Announced
24. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Announced Jun 1, 2011, 15:00 Cram

I would argue in many cases, CoD & Halo included, that depth isn't necessary for sales but a massive marketing budget is.

I don't think what appears to be a publisher-less Stainless Games can compete with CoD in that respect. $$Millions put into various forms of ads telling kids "this is the hawtness" works as CoD has proved.

News Comments > Sound Core3D Announced
23. Re: Sound Core3D Announced May 31, 2011, 15:27 Cram

Bhruic wrote on May 31, 2011, 15:02:
Wow, are they really claiming that X-Fi can make an mp3 sound better than studio quality?

I don't own a X-FI soundcard, but I have experienced music on it. I am a bit of an audiophile, definitely not to the extreme, and have fiddled around with X-FI.

The X-FI "Crystalizer" is a fairly decent Equalizer. You can manipulate a range of things (obviously, as it's an equalizer) to make music sound a lot better, and I'm sure in some peoples opinions far better than studio quality.

THAT SAID, you don't need a soundcard to do this (again, obviously). A plug-in for Winamp/Windows Media Player and other players called "DFX" does, imo, the exact same thing and can vastly improve sound quality in a variety of ways.

The purpose of my post was to state that Creative can claim X-FI makes music sound a lot better, but they're leaving out that it's not the card that's doing it but the software. And saying Creative has software that can actually do something semi-decent almost makes my stomach turn. It's just that you can get similar software for far less and/or free without handing out cash for a new card.

If I were to ever buy a new soundcard, it would be from Auzentech.

News Comments > Hellgate NA Closed Beta Keys
1. Re: Hellgate NA Closed Beta Keys May 23, 2011, 16:34 Cram

Hellgate London, still in beta 4 years after release. Will the infamous memory leak bug ever be fixed? Or the dozen other near game-breaking bugs? Stay tuned.

Hand shakes all around everybody.

News Comments > Carmageddon Countdown
1. Re: Carmageddon Countdown May 21, 2011, 16:06 Cram

Oh mai...
I maybe r excite.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation May 5, 2011, 23:25 Cram

Wallshadows wrote on May 5, 2011, 22:44:
I would like to se more third party support and quality M+ rated games in general but okay.

This, thank you.

News Comments > The Old Republic Date Uncertain
8. Re: The Old Republic Date Uncertain May 5, 2011, 12:46 Cram

Despoiler wrote on May 5, 2011, 12:44:
The Game Testing Program is made of people that signed up on the website. They are not internal employees or paid QA.

Ah, sweet.

News Comments > The Old Republic Date Uncertain
4. Re: The Old Republic Date Uncertain May 5, 2011, 12:37 Cram

From my understanding of the definitions of Alpha and Beta testing, you're describing Alpha as everything you mentioned is internal based.

I myself was not aware that any public testing beyond inside of Bioware, ie involving the public (a beta) like family and friends, had started yet. Family and friends being public since they are not employed by Bioware or being paid to play the game.

As for the 1000 concurrent players testing the game. Was not aware of that either but if true, that's cool. Where'd they find these people anyway?

Despoiler wrote on May 5, 2011, 12:30:
Your friend must be a janitor or something because beta has in fact started. Did you see the feature from the Lead Combat Designer? Scroll to the bottom and read from "How are we making these decisions?" Notice the phrases, "Game Testing Program", "focus groups", and "internal testers".

http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20110408

News Comments > Diablo III Details?
7. Re: Diablo III Details? Apr 14, 2011, 14:40 Cram

I'll keep this post spoiler free and summarize a bit. This fellow claims to have been a tester, and blatantly does not like the game he was testing: Diablo 3.

I do not want to believe a lot of what he has said, but I can't completely discount some of the bad news. After the audience member question/answer period at D3, I was not left with an overwhelming feeling of confidence in the D3 team. Way to many "uhhhh" and "we aren't sure" and "we'll talk about that later" answers to basic questions. Albeit a lot of the audience questions were absolutely pathetic.

Flux at diii.net has some good points why this is probably a hoax. Also, I find it very difficult to believe this person did not sign an NDA separately from his contract; of course that doesn't mean he wouldn't break his NDA, guy seems overly pissed off about everything.

Most of what little "new" info he provides is predictable. Bosses, location/settings of acts three and four etc (location of Act3 has more or less been confirmed anyway) and console ports. Everything else he's says has already been said. If this person is as mad as he is and wants to stick it to Blizzard, why doesn't he provide some actual info that he would easily have? Lore and story info? More info on mechanics, pvp, quests, artisans, unannounced systems, battle.net info, the works. He could have spent 5 minutes writing down facts he should have as a game tester and completely spoiled all of D3 in every way, something someone as mad as he's trying to be I assume would do.

A major reason I don't believe this persons story is that he brought up Titan.

Blizzard is notorious for separating development teams. The SC2 & WoW teams had no idea what the "Hydra" (Diablo 3 code-name) team were working on (though I'm sure they assumed). They were not privy to any information on Hydra, or allowed in the Hydra development offices. Numerous online sources out there on that, I can find and provide those later if this point is important to anyone. I find it difficult if not impossible to believe that a Diablo3 game/bug tester would have any information at all on Titan. However, I don't work at Blizzard and obviously have no idea what's going on in their offices more recently. For all I know it's a massive Titan festival everynight for all employees.

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 2011, 14:46.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 13, 2011, 20:33 Cram

Got an expired error on "SHOWERS". Maybe because you can't use it already discounted products; no idea if you can use promo codes on sale items.

$3.75 for Torchlight. Winning.

If anyone's looking to kill a few hours playing an excellent homage to Diablo style games, now's the time. Considering how much more money people willingly pay for poor quality DLC, this is an amazing price for the game.

$10 for Amnesia is also very reasonable.

News Comments > etc.
1. Voice Actors... Apr 1, 2011, 11:56 Cram

Surprised Rob Wiethoff as John Marston (RDR) and especially David Warner as Jon Irenicus (Baldur's Gate 2) weren't mentioned. My personal opinion I suppose, but those are the only two characters whose voice acting ever caught my attention. God damn Irenicus was a badass.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
17. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2011, 02:07 Cram

Painkiller had the best of both worlds, quicksaves at your command and an excellent checkpoint system. It can be done.....  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 24, 2011, 00:50 Cram

Well....RE4 being my favorite in the series I can't complain (if this is true, I don't think it has been confirmed yet).

It's like a FFVII situation, like FFVII was the first RPG/FF for many people (not me) and thus is their favorite (not mine), RE4 was my first Resident Evil game I played. I've played all the previous ones, but RE4 stands out for me well above the others. Had I played the others first long before RE4, I'm sure the situation would be different. RE5 made me sad.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2011, 10:17 Cram

Fortunately I've heard from everyone and they're all ok. They're in Tokyo where the worst of it was definitely not felt.

Hope every Bluesnews'er that has friends/family in Japan has heard from or will hear from them soon and that they're safe.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3 Interview, Indie Serious Sam Game Plans
4. Re: Serious Sam 3 Interview, Indie Serious Sam Game Plans Mar 10, 2011, 02:23 Cram

Big fan of the 16 player Co-op. These indie titles all sound interesting too. 2011, a Serious year.  

News Comments > 20 Years of Blizzard
37. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 10, 2011, 02:00 Cram

Heh lol now this huh?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001734/

Cerebral palsy is condition, sometimes thought of as a group of disorders that can involve brain and nervous system functions such as movement, learning, hearing, seeing, and thinking.

I think it fits just fine.

Edit: Post after post I've made in this thread, the replies have deviated further and further away from the points I've made. It's unfortunate so much of it fell on deaf ears If all that's left is discussing a irrelevant sentence in my last post, I concede I'll be the first to walk out the door out of this thread not letting it hit my ass on the way out.

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2011, 02:10.

News Comments > 20 Years of Blizzard
35. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 10, 2011, 01:41 Cram

*facepalm*

Really? So the more money a company makes, the more you're deserving of having your dick sucked? In that same logic, I just bought a Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Combo for $60. I guess I'm supposed to feel like their entire hardware division, hell the entire company, should serenade me with gold, women and wine? I'm entitled to Office2007 for free because I bought Windows 2007. What is it you think you're entitled too from Blizzard anyway?

I find it interesting you pick on Blizzard for a lack of, or low, integrity. You must have a jaded view and seething hatred for not only the PC Gaming industry, but the Gaming Industry as a whole considering Blizzard is far and beyond almost every other company in the industry in just about every way that counts...: customer support, continued product support and quality product. These area's all speak to Blizzard's integrity, and are the reasons why they make as much money as they do.

I feel like I'm talking to someone with Cerebral Palsy.

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2011, 01:56.

722 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo