Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 722 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 25, 2011, 21:06 Cram

We will see, but somehow I doubt it'll happen. I appreciate the concept is pre 2009 startrek canon.

Edit: One thing this really has going for it is that Brannon Braga and Rick Berman do not appear to have their names attached to it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GameStop Stops Selling Physical Copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution
8. Re: GameStop Stops Selling Physical Copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 24, 2011, 20:44 Cram

Haven't shopped at EB or Gamestop for a couple years for PC or Console games, ever since they started taking the shrink wrap off the games. That shrink wrap isn't on there, then it isn't new.  

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Delayed Until October; Steam Promotions
8. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Delayed Until October; Steam Promotions Aug 23, 2011, 16:29 Cram

I'll be picking it up. Not much else around that time that I want. Doubt Torchlight 2 will be out by then, with the lack of any new information we've been getting over the last couple months. Rage looks good, but my machine won't do it justice so I gotta wait for a new comp.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
5. Re: Morning Previews--Deus Ex Aug 18, 2011, 15:01 Cram

Had a request to cover a friend/co-workers next weekend shifts since, as he's told the manager, he's going to a friends wedding. He'll actually be on what I'm sure he does consider a religious sabbatical; he'll be playing Deux Ex all weekend.

I too have a couple weddings coming up, interestingly enough around the exact times Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 are released...

News Comments > id Software: Fans of our IPs "Patience Will Be Rewarded"
12. Re: id Software: Fans of our IPs Aug 15, 2011, 12:14 Cram

Gonna throw in my support for the last Wolfenstein, the Single player was awesome.  

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer
3. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 13, 2011, 16:57 Cram

FiLTHY_SNiPER wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 15:42:
Gameplay looks fun enough, but the level design is atrocious.

Also, wtf is with the uninspired weapon selection? M4? Desert Eagle? SPAS 12? (or whatever...)

Since when did Serious Sam have such bland unoriginal weapons?

All the media and content we've seen in this game up to this point have been from the first three levels of the game, unfortunately. I understand the weapon concern, but.... As with any Serious Sam game, you get the more exotic weapons the further you go in. I think the storyline may also impact what we're seeing, as this game takes places at the beginning of Mental's first invasion of Earth so all Sam's got at the beginning of game are more Earth based weapons. I obviously can't say for certain, but I'm 99% sure there will be some interesting and ridiculous weapons in this game. All the classics are confirmed (laser pulse gun, cannon ball etc) and I'm sure there will be some new ones. Atrocious level design is your opinion and that's fine, and maybe it is but I challenge you to explain how the level design in this gameplay video is any different to the level designs in SS1, SE and SS2. It's exactly the same, you could say that it is atrocious on purpose. Random buildings and cover laid out in completely random weird places for no reason with random items hanging around for some reason that when collected spawn random enemies. Every Egypt level from the previous games has been like this. It may be atrocious, but it's 100% Serious Sam level design to a tee.

Following development of this game very closely, and from direct quotes and actions taken from developers, Croteam is on the ball for this one. Their forum activity has been amazing, and they've taken a lot of feedback from their fans to heart. They've admitted SS2 missed the mark big time, and this time they're listening to their fans and what they want. The latest tidbit about split screen isn't the only thing they've thrown in that people on their forums and elsewhere wanted.

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
359. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 2, 2011, 17:37 Cram

The public outcry to RealID was enough to get Blizzard to change their plans. Granted, RealID was a serious privacy issue and one I personally believe is much larger then this consistent internet connection requirement issue. I think it is still possible that, perhaps not at launch but maybe through a patch in the future, enough outcry can change this in some way. I hope as much for those that want it anyway.  

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
356. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 2, 2011, 16:29 Cram

Dev wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 14:39:
Cram wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 03:28:
StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 03:17:
So if I can install the game and activate it, then "go offline" and never need a net connection again, I will buy the game. Let's hope they confirm that.

Nice to see a blue post about this, and hope it is confirmed. Bash has always been a bit...odd(?) about providing information and I definitely want a confirmation before I completely believe it. Diablo has always been a franchise I love and want everyone else to enjoy, so if this news is confirmed (Bash's post just isn't enough of a confirmation for me) and it is enough to help a few bluesnewsers here reconsider buying it, then awesome.

Obviously if a blizzard dev is complaining about not being able to play diablo on a plane trip on his laptop... its confirmed to NOT be the case.

Link
Diablo 3 will also require a persistent Internet connection, and Blizzard's Rob Pardo agrees that it's kind of a pain in the butt. "I want to play Diablo 3 on my laptop in a plane, but, well, there are other games to play for times like that,"

Yep. I acknowledged it was not the case a couple posts above the one you quoted there. Unfortunate it is.

312. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 2, 2011, 03:54 Cram

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 03:47:
See my edit, ends up that post is almost a year old. That will teach me to follow people's links without looking at dates.

Just had a good laugh; lessons learned all around. I hope something like what's said in that old post does actually happen (again) pretty soon.

309. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 2, 2011, 03:28 Cram

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 03:17:
So if I can install the game and activate it, then "go offline" and never need a net connection again, I will buy the game. Let's hope they confirm that.

Nice to see a blue post about this, and hope it is confirmed. Bash has always been a bit...odd(?) about providing information and I definitely want a confirmation before I completely believe it. Diablo has always been a franchise I love and want everyone else to enjoy, so if this news is confirmed (Bash's post just isn't enough of a confirmation for me) and it is enough to help a few bluesnewsers here reconsider buying it, then awesome.

News Comments > Hellgate Easing Beta Access
2. Re: Hellgate Easing Beta Access Aug 1, 2011, 15:51 Cram

Hump wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 15:46:
has anyone tried this? Is it better than the original?

It requires a persistent online connection, so naturally no one at Bluesnews has tried it out of principle. jk

It's basically exactly the same as the previous release, with most of the bugs gone. Textures a little worse for some reason, but everything else is about the same. I'm sure they made some small improvements here and there as well, better balancing etc.

121. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 15:24 Cram

Krovven wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 15:14:
Guild Wars however can be played both single-player or multiplayer co-op. Which is EXACTLY the same as the Diablo games. Guild Wars requires an internet connection, even if you are playing solo with bots. This is no different than what is being bitched about here for D3.

While I am not bothered by persistent connection, I think it is different and can see others points of view.

Diablo 1, 2 and LOD were all playable and supported 100% offline. There is no reason to have not expected that for Diablo 3, and they announce this right before the beta and short to release. Guild Wars, right from its announcement, was understood to be 100% online only. There was absolutely no reason to bitch about that (Guild Wars persistent connection requirement), because right off announcement we were told exactly what Guild Wars was going to be (100% online). They announced D3 years ago, and with a franchise that has had single player offline support for 15 years, it was entirely fair to expect offline play in Diablo 3.

GW and Diablo are also different genres (not so much now I guess with D3). Two different genres with quite separate expectations and gameplay.

32. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 12:12 Cram

Having only ever played the Diablo franchise online over the last 15 years, I won't make any noise about constant online connection required. That's how I've always played anyway, and if this change helps filter out some of sh*t that plagued D1 and D2 online, great.

I will hold off final judgement on the AH situations until a little after release, though admittedly I'm not very excited about it at this time. Would have been nice if they left it a Gold-Only AH, and found another way to combat the third party websites selling stuff.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 28, 2011, 21:17 Cram

After Nintendo's response to Operation Rainfall, I can't say I care whatsoever about what happens to them anymore.  

News Comments > John Carmack Excited About Gaming and RAGE 2
10. Re: John Carmack Excited About Gaming and RAGE 2 Jul 27, 2011, 20:20 Cram

Doom 4 info please.  

News Comments > Bill Roper Joins Disney/Marvel
14. Re: Bill Roper Joins Disney/Marvel Jul 23, 2011, 16:06 Cram

Why was this article posted? This isn't interesting, important or newsworthy. Stop giving Roper attention.  

News Comments > Hellgate Open Beta Next Week
5. Re: Hellgate Open Beta Next Week Jun 24, 2011, 15:33 Cram

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 24, 2011, 14:16:
Soo... did they make this game actually fun to play, or is it still boring as Hell(gate)?

Of all the issues last time around, the biggest one was that the game simply bored people to tears.

The one 'new' trailer I saw for the game was mostly recycled footage; it didn't exactly inspire confidence.

It's nearly exactly the same as before, except for two things I've noticed. One, it's stable. Somehow, but it is. Two, they reduced the texture quality and I'm not sure why (stability issues maybe?).

Beyond that, it's exactly the same. In other words, it is still boring as Hell(gate) due to every single same reason it was before (graphics, gameplay, recycled environments etc.)

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 23, 2011, 04:14 Cram

To echo a youtube comment; what's with the random noises/grunts Carmack makes at the end of some of his comments?  

News Comments > The Old Republic Doesn't Require Origin
18. Re: The Old Republic Doesn't Require Origin Jun 17, 2011, 02:16 Cram

"As he lay there, dying in the sun, the sand of desert all around him, Petaris spoke to the rock, not with his lips, but with his mind, and the rock wept tears of fresh water and his thirst was quenched."

Hallowed are the Ori

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Features Trailer
2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Features Trailer Jun 11, 2011, 00:07 Cram

Would be wise to hit before another WoW expansion or Guild Wars 2.  

722 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo