Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 716 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
29. Re: Diablo III DRM Problems Sep 22, 2011, 18:21 Cram

Game developers have a right to DRM

People that pay $60 for a product have a right to not be f*cked around with, which is what DRM does (especially the more elaborate and invasive it gets). Simply by reading these comments one can see it's f*cking with people that would otherwise pay the $60. Sure some may buy it anyway, but that's not the point as it's obvious people are furious.

We're all going to have higher quality experiences, SP and MP, when piracy is a thing of the past.

Except that is never going to happen. It seems to be having the opposite effect, as those that would have normally bought the product without the DRM now have no problem pirating it and feel justified doing it.

Anyway, I will conclude by saying what I've said already a few times. I'm still buying it and see this DRM as a good thing for the way I personally have always played Diablo, but I sympathize with those that are getting screwed over.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: Diablo III Encounters Sep 22, 2011, 00:52 Cram

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 23:39:
they could of made it a fps (i'm looking at you xcom/syndicate).

Only one I look at is Hellgate London, the demon spawn child of one of Diablo 2's creators.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2011, 17:17 Cram

Cutter wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 16:47:
I'm curious, how are hacks a problem with a single-player game? Tell me again why I - as a single-player - always need to be connected?

I may be wrong in this assumption; I am under the impression that one reason is they want to store everything (all related files) that has to do with items and item spawning etc on the server. I believe most if not all the closed battle.net D2 realms exploits were a result of people being able to manipulate files on their systems and somehow alter the game on the closed realms. Dupes, hacks and all exploits on closed realm were, I again assume, a result of client side manipulation. Take those files away and don't code the game for client side item generation, and you lose single player offline mode. Offer a single player offline mode of any kind, and the files are again on client side and the closed realms may be at risk.

To clarify, this is just an assumption. If there is merit in this, I appreciate the reasoning as I would have been playing online only anyway and I do plan on selling items on the RMAH.

Edit: So, if this assumption is correct and one reason they're doing what they're doing than you, as a single player, are losing out because Blizzard took sides and sided with multiplayer; and to make multiplayer more secure, single player had to go (all related files and code remain on the server only). Then there's all the other reasons and conspiracies others are peeved about.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2011, 17:26.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal
35. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 15:58 Cram

I want to guess Xenoblade.  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal
12. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 02:19 Cram

I remember selling Arreats face a few days after expansions release for nearly $200 USD almost immediately after posting it. Those were gooooood times. $380 for Oculus, damn son.  

News Comments > Diablo III Footage, Beta This Month?
19. Re: Diablo III Footage, Beta This Month? Sep 3, 2011, 03:32 Cram

I can't say how D3's graphics will effect the game down the road. Should be interesting to watch, but right now, imo, I find it difficult to see graphics being in any way one of this games downfalls. Nothing Blizzard ever released was graphically up-to-date for the time at which the game was released.  

News Comments > Diablo III Footage, Beta This Month?
17. Re: Diablo III Footage, Beta This Month? Sep 3, 2011, 03:11 Cram

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 3, 2011, 02:58:
But it'll also absolutely kill all modding, and the mods the only thing keeping D2 alive right now.

Tell that to the 50,000 people that were online playing Ladder on US-West earlier today. Granted a few dozen of them (lol?) were bots, still. Modding is great, it's not solely what's keeping the game alive. The game itself is simply a timeless classic for many many people in its original state.

Graphics. Well back in 2000 when Diablo 2 was released, everyone was bitching about how dated it looked too. 11 years later, again, 50,000 people are still playing it online on one of few available realms. I do not disagree with your opinion about what we've seen maybe looking dated, but it looks substantially better than D2, and I still love D2 graphics. I still love D1's graphics, for that matter. Note that a lot of what we've seen on the beta have been shaky cam, or ninja'd screenshots, or shots taken on blatantly bad computers. The latest batch of beta ninja'd screenshots were taken by somebody playing on a non-widescreen monitor at weak resolution. According to sources, they were taken by some recently fired Blizzard employee. They look so bad, infact, that it almost seems like this person purposely took as awful quality screenshots as they possibly could just to instigate more graphic flame war discussions on fan sites. No one will really know until they load up the game themselves on max settings as to how it really looks, I guess.

I don't know anything about Grim Dawn, I will look into it. PoE, still waiting for my beta invite with anticipation. Torchlight 2, day one buy.

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2011, 03:27.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Help Line Trailer
2. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Help Line Trailer Sep 2, 2011, 20:22 Cram

Sphinx wrote on Sep 2, 2011, 20:14:
It's like they scanned my brain and made this video from my thoughts. Well, they forgot Salma Hayek dancing around lingerie but close enough for now.

The vid does hilariously address almost every complaint I've read about in regards to modern FPS games.

News Comments > Mists of Pandaria TM Follow-up
3. Re: Mists of Pandaria TM Follow-up Sep 1, 2011, 10:37 Cram

I have issues believing they'd devote an entire expansion of their game to something to do with Panda people. That's my problem though. MoP isn't a very attractive acronym either.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Serious Sam Double D
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Serious Sam Double D Aug 31, 2011, 16:29 Cram

Nice, thank you. Things be workin.

Sorta like editing Quake3 / Early Tech 4 Engine based games res and fov in the config.txt for widescreen.

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Serious Sam Double D Aug 30, 2011, 21:19 Cram

Ecthelion wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 21:10:
Cram wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 20:48:
One, changing resolutions is brutal (you have to go one at a time and it refreshes each time), and at 720p (1920x1080 resolution not available for some reason) on my 16:10 monitor I get nearly 2 inch black bars (forget the technical name for these) on the top and bottom of the screen. No idea why it isn't using my entire monitor.
720p and 1080p are both 16:9, so on a 16:10 monitor, they will show black bars since they're "wider" than your monitor. It's the same reason why both 16:9 and 16:10 video sources will show black bars on a 4:3 display, or why movies that are wider than 16:9 will show black bars on any standard aspect ratio screen.

Most new monitors and TVs are 16:9 these days, and some developers aren't bothering to include 16:10 support in their games anymore. Sad but true. Anyway, since this game is apparently going to be on Xbox Live Arcade and the PS3 store, they probably figure that 16:9 is all they need to support.

I appreciate the info. I actually did a double check on this monitor. My apologies, it turns out my monitor is 16:9 and I'm an idiot.
Asus VW246H

I should have known it was 16:9 anyway, as I do almost everything at 1920x1080 res on this thing. I assume the Serious Sam DD is some kind of video issue, or it's just designed this way for some reason.

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Serious Sam Double D Aug 30, 2011, 20:48 Cram

Grabbed a copy. I like it so far, except for a couple things. One, changing resolutions is brutal (you have to go one at a time and it refreshes each time), and at 720p (1920x1080 resolution not available for some reason) on my 16:10 monitor I get nearly 2 inch black bars (forget the technical name for these) on the top and bottom of the screen. No idea why it isn't using my entire monitor. Second, the jumping is a bit of a challenge at times.

News Comments > GameStop to Offer Compensation for DX:HR OnLive Coupon Removal
1. Re: GameStop to Offer Compensation for DX:HR OnLive Coupon Removal Aug 26, 2011, 17:06 Cram

There's a nice little bribe to make some people forget it ever happened.  

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Classier, Not Pricier
22. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 15:17 Cram

Game is a day one pickup for me, and I am certainly surprised they didn't put a $29.99 price-tag on this one, they could have gotten away with it easily. The game is substantially bigger than the first one.

Question for people:

Will you still be singing Runic's praises when Torchlight 3, the subscription based (or possibly F2P micro-transaction) MMO, comes out?

Over the years here at Bluesnews, I've seen people praise a company one day and then do complete 180's when that company takes one of their franchises down the MMO route. Words like "greed" and "sell-out" take over those threads.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 25, 2011, 21:06 Cram

We will see, but somehow I doubt it'll happen. I appreciate the concept is pre 2009 startrek canon.

Edit: One thing this really has going for it is that Brannon Braga and Rick Berman do not appear to have their names attached to it.

News Comments > GameStop Stops Selling Physical Copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution
8. Re: GameStop Stops Selling Physical Copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 24, 2011, 20:44 Cram

Haven't shopped at EB or Gamestop for a couple years for PC or Console games, ever since they started taking the shrink wrap off the games. That shrink wrap isn't on there, then it isn't new.  

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Delayed Until October; Steam Promotions
8. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Delayed Until October; Steam Promotions Aug 23, 2011, 16:29 Cram

I'll be picking it up. Not much else around that time that I want. Doubt Torchlight 2 will be out by then, with the lack of any new information we've been getting over the last couple months. Rage looks good, but my machine won't do it justice so I gotta wait for a new comp.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
5. Re: Morning Previews--Deus Ex Aug 18, 2011, 15:01 Cram

Had a request to cover a friend/co-workers next weekend shifts since, as he's told the manager, he's going to a friends wedding. He'll actually be on what I'm sure he does consider a religious sabbatical; he'll be playing Deux Ex all weekend.

I too have a couple weddings coming up, interestingly enough around the exact times Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 are released...

News Comments > id Software: Fans of our IPs "Patience Will Be Rewarded"
12. Re: id Software: Fans of our IPs Aug 15, 2011, 12:14 Cram

Gonna throw in my support for the last Wolfenstein, the Single player was awesome.  

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer
3. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 13, 2011, 16:57 Cram

FiLTHY_SNiPER wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 15:42:
Gameplay looks fun enough, but the level design is atrocious.

Also, wtf is with the uninspired weapon selection? M4? Desert Eagle? SPAS 12? (or whatever...)

Since when did Serious Sam have such bland unoriginal weapons?

All the media and content we've seen in this game up to this point have been from the first three levels of the game, unfortunately. I understand the weapon concern, but.... As with any Serious Sam game, you get the more exotic weapons the further you go in. I think the storyline may also impact what we're seeing, as this game takes places at the beginning of Mental's first invasion of Earth so all Sam's got at the beginning of game are more Earth based weapons. I obviously can't say for certain, but I'm 99% sure there will be some interesting and ridiculous weapons in this game. All the classics are confirmed (laser pulse gun, cannon ball etc) and I'm sure there will be some new ones. Atrocious level design is your opinion and that's fine, and maybe it is but I challenge you to explain how the level design in this gameplay video is any different to the level designs in SS1, SE and SS2. It's exactly the same, you could say that it is atrocious on purpose. Random buildings and cover laid out in completely random weird places for no reason with random items hanging around for some reason that when collected spawn random enemies. Every Egypt level from the previous games has been like this. It may be atrocious, but it's 100% Serious Sam level design to a tee.

Following development of this game very closely, and from direct quotes and actions taken from developers, Croteam is on the ball for this one. Their forum activity has been amazing, and they've taken a lot of feedback from their fans to heart. They've admitted SS2 missed the mark big time, and this time they're listening to their fans and what they want. The latest tidbit about split screen isn't the only thing they've thrown in that people on their forums and elsewhere wanted.

716 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo