Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 719 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Is WoW Jumping the Panda?
30. Re: Is WoW Jumping the Panda? Nov 8, 2011, 17:40 Cram

Fion wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 17:36:
(to the point where they've stopped announcing their subsciption numbers).

10.3 Million current active subscribers announced by Mike today.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Is WoW Jumping the Panda?
24. Re: Is WoW Jumping the Panda? Nov 8, 2011, 16:45 Cram

Listening to the Acti/Blizz Q3 Conference call. Interestingly enough, their Online Revenue is up 22% from last year. Obviously WoW is only a part of that, but it seems the company isn't crying at the moment. In fact, the company is hitting record highs everywhere. Looking forward to Mike's statement on WoW's situation (and if there really is any cause for concern) shortly.

EDIT: 10.3 million current subscribers as of today. Mike's trying to sprinkle sunshine on it, but...

EDIT #2: Absolutely no new Diablo 3 news.

EDIT #3: Question/Answer period. People are asking about where WoW subscribers are going. Mike is still sprinkling sunshine without really answering anything.

EDIT #4: They're getting hammered with reasonable WoW subscriber questions and reasonable Diablo 3 RM Auction House questions. Mike's sounding flustered.
This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2011, 17:19.

News Comments > Diablo III Beta Wipe
6. Re: Diablo III Beta Wipe Nov 5, 2011, 16:09 Cram

The updated Main Menu music is excellent.

The main menu, where without a beta invite we shall not pass.

News Comments > Diablo III Cinematic Trailer
3. Re: Diablo III Cinematic Trailer Oct 23, 2011, 16:28 Cram

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 23, 2011, 16:21:
I suspect that since Blizzard is pushing Azmodan in Diablo III that the expansion will focus around Belial since Duriel and Andariel are the other two of the Lesser Evils who are now dead.

All I will say is that this scenario is not the case.
If you want to learn more, check out the panels (especially the lore panel) from this years Blizzcon. Spoilers, obviously.

News Comments > Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Red Dead Redemption
25. Re: Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Dead Red Redemption Oct 6, 2011, 01:19 Cram

ZeroCougar wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 01:12:
Having actually played and beaten RDR on PS3. I can say that some of the game would need to be changed in order for it to work in a PC setting.

The main issue off the top of my head, is how its controller based auto aim system is used during horse/coach rides. How it works is the game literally and fully auto aims you to a target just by using left trigger. It actually cycles targets with each left trigger press.

So riding along on a coach/horse its literally this: *Under attack* Left trigger-right trigger to shoot. Left-right, left-right, left-right. Thats an actual shoot out.

I'm a fan of mouse based aiming too, fully. But this game hand holds you. Maybe thats why they don't release it on PC. They don't want to have to re-do game mechanics.

From what I recall, there were three aiming modes in RDR. You're describing casual mode. Expert mode was available, and that was pure manual aiming for all situations.

News Comments > Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Red Dead Redemption
3. Re: Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Dead Red Redemption Oct 5, 2011, 21:19 Cram

It's too bad really. RDR is the only Rockstar game I truly enjoyed. A PC version with a Rockstar fan community known for insane mods/enhancements would have been amazing.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: OMG. Oct 5, 2011, 19:55 Cram

^Drag0n^ wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 19:45:
Breaking news from AP: Steve Jobs has passed away. :/

Weak.

News Comments > Serious Sam Double D Demo
1. Re: Serious Sam Double D Demo Oct 4, 2011, 20:18 Cram

Good game.

When once we used to pay $50-60 for a game like Contra3 on the SNES, this game offers far more game-play and variety for muuuuch less. Recommended, and even more so if there is a steam-sale one day. Fun mindless diversion that pays homage to this genre nicely in the Serious Sam style.

News Comments > Blue's Diablo III Beta Preview
39. Re: Blue's Diablo III Beta Preview Oct 4, 2011, 20:11 Cram

Bhruic wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 19:56:
No they haven't. They said that attributes fell into one of two categories 99% of the time (enough str to wear gear, max vit, or enough str to wear gear, enough dex for max block, max vit). If 99% of the time everyone was going to do the same thing, there's no point in having variety, because no one is taking advantage of the variety.

In my online-only experience, agreed 100%. Attributes were fun for the first couple run throughs of the game when you were experiencing the content for the first time and no one had done the math on the best builds yet. They quickly became pointless, and something most people held on too. However, perhaps not so much in single player, a mode I have little/no experience with where you couldn't just go and find a game to get yourself rushed through difficult areas of the game in any mode while holding onto hundreds of attribute points. I have a feeling those who only played single player often didn't have the luxury of holding onto points to make the best mathematically built build. But single player is, unfortunately for some, gone and I believe it was a good idea taking attributes with it.

I've watched quite a few of the Diablo III videos, and in none of them did it look like WoW. The flavour, feel and colour of the game was all very similar to Diablo II.

Agreed again. The game oozes Diablo graphically/atmospherically. WoW comparisons seems to be, IMO, flawed supplemental ammunition people are using who have other grievances with the game and/or Activision/Blizzard.

News Comments > Hacked 128-Player Battlefield 3 Beta Servers
66. Re: Hacked 128-Player Battlefield 3 Beta Servers Oct 3, 2011, 02:34 Cram

Beta's cause quite a stir on this news website.  

News Comments > Diablo III Speed Hack?
12. Re: Diablo III Speed Hack? Sep 30, 2011, 23:33 Cram

flechett3 wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 23:27:
did you NEVER see the spam characters in Org or SW? The ones that would not only spell out the name of gold selling websites with a plethera of lvl 1 characters, but would also HAVE THEM STAND IN AIR all at the same time? And that's just the hacks that the spammers use. There's a lot of them out there...

I suppose I did back then so you make a valid point, but then those things never effected game play afaik beyond blocking a useless channel or two. To be more specific, I am curious about hacks that give a player an advantage over other people. For example, item duping, item modification, skill modification and enhancement etc. I am aware of an instance or two where an exploit was used (not a hack) to dupe certain things, but those were immediately fixed.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2011, 23:40.

10. Re: Diablo III Speed Hack? Sep 30, 2011, 23:17 Cram

Yifes wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 23:08:
Asmo wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 22:35:
Cram wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 21:46:
Hello, the D3 Beta called. Turns out, it's a beta.

I'm glad people are finding exploits before retail release. Hack away people, do your worst and get it out of the way.

In that case WoW must still be in beta because hacks and exploits still exist for it... /eyeroll

You'd be a very naive fanboi to believe otherwise... *grin*

Hacks exist for WOW? Where and what kind of hacks? Not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious.

I am also genuinely curious. I played WoW for around three years, over several realms, and never heard or seen a single thing about any hacks on Blizzards closed realms. An very rare exploit or two quickly fixed yes, but hacks no.

Edit: Oh and my point I was trying to make is that in this D3 Beta, the point of it is to test the servers and find bugs/exploits. If they persist into retail with no real successful recourse from Blizzard, and it begins to effect my game experience, I'll be ragging on Blizzard too.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2011, 23:25.

6. Re: Diablo III Speed Hack? Sep 30, 2011, 21:46 Cram

Hello, the D3 Beta called. Turns out, it's a beta.

I'm glad people are finding exploits before retail release. Hack away people, do your worst and get it out of the way.

News Comments > Square Enix: FINAL FANTASY XIV "Greatly Damaged" The Brand
2. Re: Square Enix: FINAL FANTASY XIV Sep 27, 2011, 12:30 Cram

Beelzebud wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 12:24:
Call me crazy, but I think over-saturation greatly damaged the brand, more than anything else. When you're at XIV it's time to stop, and work on something new.

When each subsequent game of that company's main franchise, minus XIV, seems to outsell the previous, how would you explain that it's time to do something new to their shareholders?

News Comments > Rumored Dead Space 3 Details
6. Re: Rumored Dead Space 3 Details Sep 27, 2011, 04:29 Cram

One of those games I'll get day one no matter what they slap the Dead Space name on.

The first two were fantastic.

News Comments > Diablo III in Early 2012; Beta to Expand
45. Re: Diablo III in Early 2012; Beta to Expand Sep 24, 2011, 03:48 Cram

Guess there will be time for Skyrim now.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2011, 12:41.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 24, 2011, 02:00 Cram

Unfortunate. I imagine they had their good times, hired more people....same people that are gonna get laid off shortly.  

News Comments > Diablo III in Early 2012; Beta to Expand
26. Re: Diablo III in Early 2012; Beta to Expand Sep 23, 2011, 12:37 Cram

Illumin wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 11:30:
Skyrim, Battlefield 3 and Lord of the rings war in the North will keep me content through the holidays. It sounds like Diablo 3 is going to be released right around the time Path of Exile is going to be released. Could be interesting.

Path of Exile, afaik, is no where near close to release. They haven't even finished a lot of the actual content yet, never mind the plethora of other things they need to work on and finish.

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
75. Re: I prefer most of the changes... Sep 22, 2011, 23:07 Cram

RollinThundr wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 22:49:
JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 17:46:
The people complaining about a constant internet connection to play Diablo 3 must not have played Diablo 2 online, the game suffered from rampart cheating, hacks, and exploits. If requiring a constant internet connection prevents these problems from plaguing Diablo 3, then sign me up!

Except that it won't. They'll be dupes day one of this I have no doubt. Blizzard has finally jumped the shark. Good riddance.

How are you so sure of this? Absolutely everything item related is controlled, maintained and stored on Blizzards servers. In this games current item security, it's exactly like WoW if not made better for this game. Afaik, WoW has been nearly, if not completely, dupe free. Any duplicate item would immediately be detected, deleted, investigated and security hole patched immediately. Especially if Blizzard wants money from the auction house.

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
72. Re: I prefer most of the changes... Sep 22, 2011, 22:08 Cram

Dupe Me, plz  

719 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo