Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 719 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming
68. Re: Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming Mar 30, 2012, 23:52 Cram

Techie714 © wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 11:10:
  • Upgraded sound

• How do you upgrade perfection? Hoenig and Zur's music is perfect. You can't improve on it. The voice acting is perfect. The sound effects, how do you improve on them? How do you make a sword clashing with another sword better than it was in that saga?

The other points you mentioned Techie714, I agree with. I couldn't get BG1 to run in the BG2 engine with the mods, I tried many times so BG1 at 1920x1080 would be sweet. Textures and Graphics, well that'd be awesome but we'd be literally dealing with a "complete remake" over an "enhanced" version of the game if they pulled that off.

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2012, 00:07.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend
    12. Re: Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend Mar 30, 2012, 20:44 Cram

About 20 mins into it.

My immediate issue is that I desperately want to zoom out, and there does not seem to be an option to do so.

News Comments > Diablo III Class Video
    7. Re: Diablo III Class Video Mar 28, 2012, 14:53 Cram

Cutter wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 14:10:
    I know. So it seems the only safe way to play would be OFFLINE SP and or LAN play with friends. Say no to Actiblizz greed and stupidity.

I agree that's one way, but not the only way.

Free mobile authenticator, avoid the completely optional AH and play games only with those on your friends list. imo that's a viable alternative safe way to play.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 PC Features
    43. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 17, 2012, 02:03 Cram

kyleb wrote on Mar 17, 2012, 01:59:
    Cram wrote on Mar 17, 2012, 00:54:
    It has been 40 comments now, no one has mentioned "Logitech Keyboard Support". Am I the only one that went "wtf" with that one?
    They are referring to the keyboards with the little LCD screens for showing game info like heath and ammo.

Ah! Thanks for the clarification.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 PC Features
    40. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 17, 2012, 00:54 Cram

It has been 40 comments now, no one has mentioned "Logitech Keyboard Support". Am I the only one that went "wtf" with that one? I didn't play the first one for more then a few hours admittedly, am I missing something here?
    Edit: fwiw, I was using a Logitech keyboard during those few hours without problem.
    Edit#2: Hell, I've been using Logitech Peripherals since the 90's. Is support of these devices the newest and greatest thing in the 10's that I'm not aware of? I've had a good laugh tonight.

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2012, 01:23.

News Comments > Diablo III May 15th
    127. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 18:15 Cram

nin wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 18:06:
    Amazon updated their listings with the date, and I just switched my CE order over to free release date shipping since I have Prime.

I don't see anything on my order offering "release day shipping" yet...did you change yours to one day and there was no charge, or did it specifically list "release day shipping"?

Thanks!

Keep an eye on this post: Amazon Preorder Woes

As I am in Canada, and amazon.ca isn't selling the CE (yet), I can't get release date shipping anyway I, however, will not be caught dead buying from EB/Gamestop, where they remove the plastic and fiddle with god knows what inside the game.

News Comments > Diablo III May 15th
    121. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 17:58 Cram

Closed realm hacking was and still is rampant. No, I don't know exactly how they do it but it most certainly helps that all the game assets are client side. Hell, you can still find a few people with "White Rings" in current ladder. I also find it amazing how goldfarm sites like d2legit and the others have "perfect" versions of every single item/unique/runeword mere hours into a new ladder season. Mere hours, hundreds if not thousands of perfects which are statistically improbable to ever find even one. In order for Diablo 3, in its current state, to have single player/complete offline mode they would have to redesign the entire game to save assets such as item generation/storage/monster generation client side. Giving hackers direct access to those assets opens up pandora's box for a repeat of Diablo 2 closed realms.

I am not saying there won't be cheats and dupes, but Blizzard has designed the game in such a way that they can see exactly what's happening where/when/how like they can in World of Warcraft. Hacks/cheats may possibly happen but they'll be almost immediately dealt with (as they have been in WoW), offenders banned and items deleted. With their dependence on a stable economy for the RMAH, you know Blizzard won't just sit there and let hacks run rampant. No, I don't think online only will prevent hacks, but I know Blizzard won't, as they did in Diablo 2, sit on their asses and do nothing about it. So, Blizzard has direct control of the entire game as it's online only now. A lot of people don't like that, and feel Blizzard has a noose around all our necks. I don't, I believe this will make my own gaming experience a lot better and as someone how does plan on selling items on the RMAH, a lot more secure. So, yes, it does seem RMAH is a major reason why this "DRM" is put in place and it is unfortunate it negatively effects players that have no intention of using the RMAH.

To a remark someone said earlier about "what will your defense be when people are selling hacked/duped SOJ's one week into release". Well, that would be a pretty blatant demonstration on how god damn stupid some people are, because anyone knowingly selling hacked/duped items on the RMAH would almost immediately have their CDKey/Battletag and all that stuff perma banned. Good waste of $60+ dollars for those idiots. I'll probably laugh.

This comment was edited on Mar 15, 2012, 18:04.

News Comments > Into the Black
    14. Re: Into the Black Mar 7, 2012, 03:18 Cram

zombiefan wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 00:37:
    And what? No Baldur's Gate?? Planescape: Torment??

This list is shit.

This.

News Comments > Baldurs [sic] Gate Teaser Trailer
    10. Re: Baldurs [sic] Gate Teaser Trailer Mar 2, 2012, 01:51 Cram

bfg9000 wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 19:46:
    You will ALL suffer
    David Warner. Modern Master.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Tease
    40. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Mar 1, 2012, 03:58 Cram

sauron wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 19:32:
    avianflu wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 10:07:
    The latest rumour is that it is BG2 for ipad btw.

I almost fried my Android tablet trying to shoehorn Planescape Torment onto it with an emulator. Had to reset it to factory defaults. True story. I'm such a nerd.

I like this. That game deserves no less than this effort.

News Comments > Blizzard Cuts ~600 Staff
    49. Re: Blizzard Cuts ~600 Staff Mar 1, 2012, 03:56 Cram

Wildone wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 00:20:
    16 trillion debt, theres gonna be a lot more than 29% unemployed soon loll it was nice knowin ya, welcome NWO!!!

There he is! Bluesnews Blizzard related thread complete.
    Chaos.
    Pandemonium.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Tease
    37. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 16:17 Cram

I doubt it is a new game, and as already suggested it is likely a port rather than a remake.

I hope I end up eating my words. One of the best series of games ever made.

News Comments > Blizzard Cuts ~600 Staff
    2. Re: Blizzard Cuts ~600 Staff Feb 29, 2012, 14:08 Cram

Definitely CS. It makes sense to me, and sort of doesn't.
    Much of their CS processes have improved significantly over the years, faster and more efficient. Much of it is probably far more automated now. With declining WoW numbers as well as the previously mentioned improvements in CS processes, you may have more people than tasks for them to do. However, with Diablo 3 due sometime soon, won't you need some of that manpower back? The RMAH alone adds a whole new monster to the CS department I would imagine.

Also, Chaos! Pandemonium 2012! etc.

News Comments > Frictional Plans: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Revealed
    7. Re: Frictional Plans: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Revealed Feb 23, 2012, 02:34 Cram

Will definitely be a rare pre-order for me. I hope it will live up to the first.  

News Comments > New Frictional Game Tease
    7. Re: New Frictional Game Tease Feb 11, 2012, 19:53 Cram

I am most pleased.  

News Comments > Activision; Stems WoW Losses; Diablo III Slips
    22. Re: Activision; Stems WoW Losses; Diablo III Slips Feb 10, 2012, 04:40 Cram

Absolute Hell on Earth 2012.
    Chaos. Rabble Rabble. Pandemonium.

News Comments > Thief 2 on GOG.com
    8. Re: Thief 2 on GOG.com Feb 8, 2012, 03:25 Cram

HIGHLY recommend this Thief 2 mod, which IS worth $9.99+ but is FREE

News Comments > Morning Previews
    9. Re: Morning Previews Feb 2, 2012, 16:29 Cram

Yeah I got my first run it last night before the rest of the 100k started playing I guess. 1000+ms, it is currently unplayable and I love how the menus stop responding so your only option is to Alt-F4  

News Comments > Thief Gold Steals Its Way Onto GOG.com
    11. Re: Thief Gold Steals Its Way Onto GOG.com Jan 31, 2012, 13:18 Cram

I know it says it's compatible with Win7 64bit, but is it really? The last time I loaded it up from the CD, it was a broken crashing mess that wouldn't even start half the time.  

News Comments > More Diablo III Cuts
    58. Re: More Diablo III Cuts Jan 28, 2012, 16:36 Cram

Good post, Alamar.  

719 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 12.
    < Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo