Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 711 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
60. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 8, 2014, 17:01 Cram

Seems the Crusader, overall, got a decent amount of changes in 2.04, including: "Crusaders now take 15% less damage from all sources"  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 5, 2014, 19:45 Cram

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 19:03:
Cram wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 11:00:
PHJF wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 08:51:
Sounds like LoD had a lot more content-wise than Reaper does.

I disagree but that's fine. I would just mention that LoD at its launch only contained act 5 (of which the majority of players played just for pindle/baal runs), EDIT: two new classes, and slightly higher resolution. It wasn't until over two years after launch with patch v1.10 did the expansion hit its sweet potential. There's a lot more going on with RoS at its launch, particularly content and rewards wise. In my opinion anyway.

LoD added a ton of features, Runes, Charms, 2 classes, outfittable mercs, RoS isnt even comparable to LoD which to me is one of the best expansions for a game ever.

LoD was one of if not my favorite expansion to a game as well (next to Throne of Bhaal for BG2). I'm pretty happy RoS has met and exceeded my expectations for an expansion. It has been a long long time. I appreciate RoS may not be your cup of tea. As someone that was there in 2001 for LoD like many others here, I maintain my opinion that RoS is a worthy and better expansion overall.

Edit: Understand that I'm also segregating "vanilla" LoD vs V1.10 LoD. They were two completely different versions of the expansion. V1.10 and beyond was brilliant, but it took over two years after the expansions release to be released. But still, 95% of the time all people did in LoD was Meph,Pindle/Baal runs. Most of the content was a nuicense to players and ignored (all of act 2, most of act 3 and 5, for example). RoS rewards you for doing whatever content you want, constantly. RoS, given another two years (as LoD was given for V1.10), and knowing that Blizzard are working on more RoS content patches the future is quite bright for RoS and beyond.

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 2014, 19:53.

24. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 5, 2014, 11:00 Cram

PHJF wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 08:51:
Sounds like LoD had a lot more content-wise than Reaper does.

I disagree but that's fine. I would just mention that LoD at its launch only contained act 5 (of which the majority of players played just for pindle/baal runs), EDIT: two new classes, and slightly higher resolution. It wasn't until over two years after launch with patch v1.10 did the expansion hit its sweet potential. There's a lot more going on with RoS at its launch, particularly content and rewards wise. In my opinion anyway.

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 2014, 11:14.

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access
21. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Mar 30, 2014, 19:53 Cram

@nin i'm super curious about Jeremy Soule's The Northener. I missed this kickstarter somehow. While it appears delayed, if the facebook page is anything to go by, I'm curious what's going on with this one and how it is looking.  

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party
10. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party Mar 24, 2014, 10:37 Cram

Plans include sitting in Act IV around 830pm on Torment 1 with the Demon Hunter and waiting for the global comment saying it's live. Cautiously optimistic the launch will go off without too much of a hitch. I can hear someone screaming ERROR37 in the back of my head somewhere though. Wish that voice would stfu . I will def post my thoughts sometime Tuesday; I will not be touching the Crusader for a few days.  

News Comments > Diablo III Double XP Weekend
31. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 00:05 Cram

There's a lot I want to say to the nonsense being said by one particular poster here, but it would add nothing to the topic. Well I'll say this, Blue posts as much D3 news as he does because he knows it's controversial on this site and it constantly get's people refreshing their browser (ad revenue ++) to enjoy these absurd forum wars. Get over it, 2 years ago the majority of the site despised the game. They fixed it. Today, the absolute minority of the site wastes their time hating the game and letting everyone know about it. Still gets the hits for this website. Only Blue wins.

The game was poor at launch, it is damn fun today. It will be 10x more damn fun with adventure mode and more content in a couple days.

News Comments > Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer
30. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 15:44 Cram

Darks wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 15:37:
Ill add you guys to my list to once I get on tonight. It will be fun running some area with you guys.

Searched for Bonehunters but couldn't find it. If youre looking for more, I am: Savante#1891

News Comments > Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer
20. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 12:54 Cram

Darks wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 11:56:
BTW, this is my Blizz handle if anyone wants to do some runs. dark#1182

Should start a Blues clan or community. Or perhaps do you know of a good clan that has some room?

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Closed
32. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2014, 15:43 Cram

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 14:50:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 12:45:

Also, grinding in T3+ for loot is terribly inefficient and should only be done for Paragon.
The reality is, you're not going to get new higher tier loot until you start grinding T3+, that's where the good stuff starts dropping.

In the expansion only, starting with torment. Lvl 70 torment only items. Right now, each torment level very slightly increases legendary drop rate, but a lot of people are just farming hard difficulty since the drop rate is essentially the same but you're killing things 20x quicker.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Resident Evil 4 HD
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Resident Evil 4 HD Mar 1, 2014, 00:31 Cram

I've owned the Gamecube Version, PS2 version and the Wii Version.
I have played the original PC version.

The Wii version was the ultimate experience, the controller/numchuck setup worked flawlessly. It was and still is amazing.

I will pick this up at a 75% steam sale, and after the reported mouse/keyboard problems are fixed. I've given Capcom enough full-price $$$ for this game over the last 9 years. But this really is one of the best and most re-playable games I've ever played in nearly three decades.

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
33. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 13:54 Cram

While I sometimes have trouble listening to TB for extended periods of time, I definitely share very similar opinions on games. He's a PC purist with years of experience in PC gaming, unlike many of the people that did the reviews posted here. I think I will get my $32 worth from this one (gamefly preorder special).  

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
1. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 12:01 Cram

lol

ouch, that hurts.

News Comments > Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY
12. Re: Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY Feb 21, 2014, 01:34 Cram

Pigeon wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 09:53:
I'm more interested in a remake of VI

I have absolutely no faith in SquareEnix being able to retain the magic of FFVI in a total remake.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2014, 08:06.

News Comments > THIEF Launch Trailer
33. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 15:03 Cram

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 13:25:
$33.75 on Gamefly, hmm considering it

Thanks for the info! I was about to preorder it through Steam for 44.99, I like this option better.

News Comments > Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access
31. Re: Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access Feb 20, 2014, 04:58 Cram

Trailer got me a bit pumped, confirmed a couple things. Deathshead is back, and somehow so is Caroline Becker.

Day one buy. Return to Castle Wolfenstein is my favorite SP FPS, the 2009 version is a fun ridiculous shooter.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash
50. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 9, 2014, 20:02 Cram

@CJ_Parker

fwiw, you've made me come around to the issue that Sawyer and Obsidian should have sent us an Eternity delay update via email before going to some website and us having to hear about it there. It's somewhat confusing too, it's not like they haven't been sending out updates. There have been 71 of them so far. Afaik, btw, no company keeps their audience in the loop as well as Obsidian has with Eternity. Not even close. So, an oversight yes, and it would have been more professional had they told supporters first.

I do not think this is surprising however. I can't imagine how much this team has on their plate right now. Sawyer could have been doing some rare interview with what free time he has and said what he said without considering his audience. He's a game developer, not a marketing / PR manager.

This lack of foresight is no reason, IMO, to ban supporting future games through kickstarter or panning Obsidian. As far as mistakes go in the gaming industry, this is a minor speck of dust.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash
28. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 8, 2014, 19:17 Cram

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 18:21:
Oh yeah. Those poor guys. So now that they can't blame a publisher, let's blame it on all the assholes who pledged too much, eh?
Simple fix y'all: Pledge less or nothing. The latter for me personally. I'm done with Kickstarter devs promising milk & honey and then making up petty excuses why they can't deliver.

It is becoming increasingly clear that they (not just Obsidian) have deliberately baited people with completely unrealistic release dates in order to make people pledge more since naturally more people are inclined to pledge if the release date is at least within tangible reach.

A very short-sighted move by these KS devs and not fair towards their more honest brethren. Delays of high profile KS games will hurt Kickstarters in general since people will grow sick and tired of empty promises and delays.

Just for clarification in case some dumbass thinks I want them to rush shit: I don't. What I want is up front honesty and realistic goals. kthxbai.

I do not agree with anything you've said, but I'll defend your right to say it with my life.

Obsidian wanted a million. They had a scope set out for their project if they reached one million. The date, April 2014 if I recall correctly as a release. You can't change the release date after you start a kickstarter, you can not edit it. It is entirely feasible that they would have reached the release date of April 2014 if the scope of the project remained at the million dollar range. But what happened?

The internet exploded. Beyond predictability. So they did what kickstarters do, which a lot of people don't like, and added stretch goals that immediately started expanding the scope of the project. They had a ridiculous amount of time left after they reached their target, and their audience was going nuts for more stretch goals, content and bonus goodies. Everyone knew the April 2014 date was impossible after that kickstarter, this is not a surprise and not some malicious strategy from Obsidian.

And none of this hurts anyone, or at least shouldn't. I never expected April 2014 after that kickstarter, no one on this site has and I'm happy they're taking extra time. We'll get a larger and hopefully more polished game as a result, and Obsidian got something too out of the kickstarter. Free marketing. Free advertisements. The gaming media pounced on this story. Every stretch goal, sites were putting up more and more articles.

Free advertising, that's something you just can't buy. Way more people know of this game today because of the 4 million and stretch goals then would have known about it if it only hit the original 1.1 million dollar target. That only helps this, what has become, niche genre of PC game.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
115. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 5, 2014, 04:51 Cram

@theyarecomingforyou You say this game looks bad graphically with such conviction, I assume you can provide several reasons why as well as several games that look much better and how, being so certain.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
114. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 5, 2014, 04:31 Cram

Prez wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 03:43:
which leaves me wondering why I am at odss with the apparent majority who thinks this looks like a simple cash-in on the name. I just don't get it.

The majority have only said "you're wrong about this game" with no researched reason and without willing to respectfully debate. The ones that defend it, the majority responds "you're wrong and fuck you". the "fuck you" being paraphrased. Truth is, no one has really even "defended" the game yet on this site, all they've done is provide an outside the box point of view for a game that hasn't been released yet and it has caused complete chaos on this site. Furthermore, they've provided reasonable arguments about most, agreed not all, complaints about this game brought up on this site. The thing is, these same complaints come up again and again, despite having been successfully addressed multiple times. People don't read or check sources. Which is sad.
This comment was edited on Feb 5, 2014, 04:46.

News Comments > Thief Previews; Videos
23. Re: Thief Previews; Videos Jan 25, 2014, 20:45 Cram

@ Jerykk Still supporting and agreeing with your opinions. Not much else I can care to say or do for the neg nancy's.

Eurogamers vid was polar opposite of everyone else's. It's curious. We will see, and only see when the game is released. Until then.

711 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo