Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 715 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII PC Rerelease
12. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII PC Rerelease Aug 15, 2012, 03:11 Cram

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 01:55:
MattyC wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 00:21:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 23:58:
beigemore wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 23:49:
MIDI music can be pretty awesome with the right hardware or soundfont/banks loaded.
It's getting the right banks though. But yeah, there's something special about midi music, especially on a really good soundfont set. Nothing really beat the old awe64 and Yamaha sets, they were great.

Yep. I have often found midi music can be quite good and memorable. I have fond memories of many CT, FF6, & FF7 songs. It is really crazy what people did with the audio tech of the era even not on PCs. What they did on PCs was often even better, but both were great.

The point is the original Playstation versions did not use midi, but the PC release stupidly did. They did not restore the original music for this re-release. It sounds like shit.

I appreciate the MIDI nostalgia everyone is having here. That said, absolutely agree with StingingVelvet. It didn't matter what soundfonts you had back in 97, it sucked beyond balls compared to the OST. Every single track on the PC version was pathetic, the most obvious of which were One Winged Angel and Main Theme (aka Overworld). I am blown away they didn't update the midi to the OST for, arguably (FFVI is still my favorite), Nobuo Uematsu's greatest work for this release. It's 2012 ffs.

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 2012, 03:17.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M
25. Re: Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M Aug 3, 2012, 01:12 Cram

RailWizard wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 01:05:
UH OH! BETTER CHAPTER 11 BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

Immediately! Immediately! Harrumph! Harrumph! Harrumph!

21. Re: Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M Aug 3, 2012, 00:49 Cram

Dades wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 00:34:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 23:30:
9.1 million is nothing to sneeze at. Pretty amazing that people can stick to something for so long like that.

Yeah but at the same time losing 10% of that in a quarter is nothing to scoff at either, that's a crazy churn rate with the kind of instability that drives investors crazy. Expansions bring people back but they don't stick around long.

This. If I were an investor, you know...the people that publically own this shit, I would be temporarily pleased with the Diablo 3 stuff, but horrified with WoW. Their investments were in part based on WOW having well over 10 million subscribers (seriously believing this would last, cause most of them don't really know anything), and that isn't happening.

The next time around, it'll be a lot quicker subscription loss then it was with Cata. They'll bring a million back for one quarter for when the expansion is released, and lose 2-3+ million within the next 1-2 quarter conference calls afterwards. Probably more with GW2 (no sub) coming on top of the other issues discussed in this thread.

2. Re: Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M Aug 2, 2012, 20:24 Cram

Less and less are willing to pay $15 a month for any MMO it seems. The subscription based model is going the way of the dinosaurs. Love WoW, or ToR, or hate them, the entire genre is losing people.  

News Comments > Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Closed Beta
4. Re: Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Closed Beta Aug 2, 2012, 14:20 Cram

a UE3 remake of the original game....

I may have to keep my eyes on this one, unlike the last few attempts like Redemption.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September
35. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in September Jul 27, 2012, 03:14 Cram

They have my $20. BG is something I could play 1000x over. I'm willing to fork over $20, show me you have the potential to hit me up with a new game in the BG franchise someday.  

News Comments > Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found?
16. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 16:17 Cram

Julio wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 15:54:
NKD wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 11:03:
Do we really need a new post about every bug or bug report?

Probably Blizzard trying to get everyone that quit to try D3 again. No idea why we need to see D3 bug news here.

I theorize this from Blue's perspective.

Phase 1: Post anything Diablo 3 related
Phase 2: Watch the thread explode, as is tradition. Have a chuckle.
Phase 3: Profit (more hits and ad revenue as people constantly revisit the site/thread to see if someone made a new post)

News Comments > On Sale
27. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2012, 00:36 Cram

One "game" I want to promote is Dear Esther, especially if another %75 sale ($2.50) hits. I never 'played' the original mod, just this enhanced version.

I paid $14 to see Prometheus in retard gimmick 3D recently. I found my two and a half hours of Dear Esther at the full $10 I paid far more fulfilling and entertaining.

Do you like a good Rum&Coke with your entertainment? Pour yourself a drink, or light something up, and go through this once if you haven't. $5 says you end up on a message board somewhere trying to solve the story because you became interested enough.

News Comments > On Sale
24. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2012, 00:17 Cram

Dead Island, Worms Reloaded, Thief Series, and the Alan Wake DLC.

Sucks to be my paypal account during this sale. Oh wait, selling my D3 equipment has been more than enough. Win.

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Jul 19, 2012, 23:05 Cram

Prez wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 22:49:
All of them except the ending of course as I haven't seen it yet.

The ending isn't bad exactly, just a tad underwhelming. It happens so often with horror movies - the movie, in a manner of speaking, writes checks that the ending can't cash, and there's a measure of that here. Also like many horror movies it tries to be cryptic/artsy, which is cool for some and maddening to others. All in all, a YMMV kind of thing.

Fair enough! Thanks for the response.

Unrelated, can anyone give me their thoughts on Dead Island? Community Choice sale at $10. Yay or nay?

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Jul 19, 2012, 22:40 Cram

I picked up Alan Wake a few days back, decided to make a night of the game tonight. Up to Episode 3. The issues/critiques you mentioned, Prez, are definitely hurting this one for me. All of them except the ending of course as I haven't seen it yet.

The story is interesting, and I want to finish it but as a lot of story based games I play I find little reason to ever replay them. I hope that won't be the case in the end. I like finding rare gems that I can replay a dozen times, for example RE4 is one of them for me.

I imagine I am not the only one that mashed the space bar in Diablo 3 every time anything story related was happening on their second+ playthrough. Once is often enough.

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III
44. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 17:24 Cram

Krovven wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 17:08:
There seems to be this fantasy land where you and several other losers live, where D3 was a bomb and didn't sell 6+ million copies (last known number) and doesn't have millions of people still playing and enjoying it.

Try joining reality for a change instead of making shit up.

I think the same hate posts in every D3 thread from the same people on these forums has gotten old, but that some of them are seemingly getting off on the hate with glee is absolutely pathetic.

That said, there are two ways to look at Diablo 3's success, IMO. Sales is one, but being a "Diablo" game is another. Sales, that's great for Blizzard. A timeless classic that the previous two games were, this is not. Maybe it's partly my fault, I built up so much hype for this game over the years it was probably impossible for Blizzard to meet my expectations. But I have no desire to play it anymore. There's nothing there for me, it seems to be missing too much of what made the previous games more replayable and actually enjoyable in those replays. I have come to realize I only really had fun playing this game once, the first time through.

There is too much wrong with the actual game right now. To me, this game has bombed. It might be salvaged, but it will take a long time and I have waited long enough. I am moving on, and unfortunately so are a lot of other people. I don't have the numbers, obviously, but I suspect "millions" of people are not still playing this game or at the very least not enjoying the game anymore. They're just hooked on the pointless grind.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
55. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 16:08 Cram

GayBlade wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 15:59:
Trevellian wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:26:
I find it sad that Grimlock is such an amazing game and some of you didn't even think it was worth the already cheap 15 bucks. Shame.

I honestly did not know about this game until the sale.

Neither did I. It appears the sale is giving the game a lot of positive exposure.

31. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 14:35 Cram

nin wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:22:
Yes! And grab The Missing Link DLC while you're there.

Thanks! Would have missed that completely without the reminder.
Also grabbed Alan Wake at 50% off. Has also been on my radar for awhile.

19. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 14:16 Cram

I will pick up Grimrock on your recommendations.
Deux Ex too, put that one off long enough. Who knows what else.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
23. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 16:27 Cram

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 15:52:
I got 300 hours out of the game and made enough off the RMAH to say it was a free game and then some so it has served its purpose.

It's simply less than I was hoping for in terms of longevity compared to my past experience with Diablo II.

Echo this almost exactly, substitute 300hrs for 200hrs. Had my fun, now it is no longer fun and have been fortunate enough to sell off a good portion of my DH gear to put towards my credit card. Will grab the expansion in the future and start over.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes
62. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes Jul 6, 2012, 04:06 Cram

Kastagir wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 14:33:
Kajetan wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 05:30:
Nobody at Blizzards knows how to make a H&S worthy of the fame Blizz has in this genre. The people mainly responsible for D2 left long ago.

<ahem> And they're making...

They also made Hellgate: London. The original Diablo developers were not, are not, and will never be gods no matter how much some people on this site think they are in their attempts to bash today's Blizzard.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
4. Re: Evening Screenshots Jul 6, 2012, 03:16 Cram

Played, beat the game on multiple difficulties. Consensus is that the first few levels are kaka. Agreed, mostly.

They attempted to parody the current gen of FPS games in the first few levels, and failed IMO. Once you get through that garbage, you got Serious Sam 1/Second Encounter X 30. Game is worth it, in the end.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found?
23. Re: Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found? Jun 17, 2012, 05:36 Cram

Progress is progress, sir. Kudos.

I remember when I first started Inferno Act 1 solo and I wondered how I would even get to the Leoric. Now I'm attempting Act2 Boss (avoiding Spoilers), sans RMAH (for now). Got him to about 25% in final phase but his breath got me about the same time the 10% Double India Pale Ale slapped me in the face.....that's my excuse.

This 1.03 patch should be hilarious. Nerf Inferno, but then nerf the affixs people have been using to remotely succeed in inferno.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found?
20. Re: Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found? Jun 17, 2012, 05:05 Cram

Cram wrote on Jun 17, 2012, 02:28:
....that should be a disaster.

And it was.

715 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo