Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 711 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans
27. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 14, 2012, 04:49 Cram

Am I the only one that thinks they've way gone beyond the point of biting off more than they can chew? FWIW, I am currently at the $140 donation, in case that matters when reading my thoughts.

I agree with a point in their description. Baldur's Gate and Athkatla are big cities. The amount of detail in both, which were in separate games, was, at the the time and even especially today with how games are made, unbelievable. That said, they've gone from wanting 1.1 million for a early 2014 date to a game with suddenly a multiple fold addition in systems and content, at still an early 2014 release date. Maybe they planned this right from the beginning, but they've given little evidence so far that this is so. At 3.5 million, possibly achievable, they want two giant cities on top of everything else going on?

This has gotten ridiculous. They're promising the entire Baldur's Gate saga, on steroids, at this point, for a few million. 7+ stories of a mega dungeon, I imagine Watchers Keep (5 or so stories) alone took a dedicated semi-separate team working on the BG2 expansion the entire development time of said expansion to make.

The enthusiasm Obsidian is putting behind this, the daily updates, is incredible. However, this game isn't anywhere near release and it already feels so hyped up by Obsidian with what they've promised to do that I don't believe them anymore. It's too much. I am seriously considering going back to my $35 donation I made day one of this KS.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile Next Week
10. Re: Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile Next Week Oct 5, 2012, 16:49 Cram

Granted People May Fly didn't have any part of it I'm still hoping they might get the feel of the game right. The $20 price tag doesn't hurt either.

It does (the feel), if the beta I played through yesterday is any indication. It's the original game almost to a tee, improved. It has a few kinks that need to be worked out, mostly AI related but it's basically the exact same game but looks a whole lot prettier with a few nice additions. It plays a bit faster, you feel a bit more powerful and most importantly it does not drag on like every single PK release since Battle out of Hell. Proper non-bugged 1920x1080 support too, no more fiddling with config files that didn't always work right with the original.

I think I'm one of the few who really enjoyed SS3. Not as good as the first 2 but still a lot of fun when played co-op. Would be hard for me not to pick this up.

I'm with you. I knew when I got the game that the first few levels were a parody on CoD and other similar games, hell Croteam were advertising that fact for months leading up to release. I enjoyed those levels for what they were, finding all the secrets in those levels was damn fun; then it opened up and great times were had. I have had an itch to go through the game again, I will pick up the DLC and go for it.

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 2012, 17:10.

News Comments > Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated
25. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 20:03 Cram

One playthrough on Veteran with an Outlander. Was fun, but that's enough for me. I burned myself out long ago with Torchlight 1 and its similar Map/Infinite dungeons system. I got my $20 worth, but at the moment I find it has very little replay-ability (for me anyway, I don't care for melee classes so that eliminates some of what the game offers). Maybe some impressive mods in the future will bring me back. One thing I found unfortunate is that not one single area in this game felt memorable, or felt like it had any soul, in any way, except maybe the destroyed Werewolf town.  

News Comments > Carmageddon Max Pack on GOG.com
3. Re: Carmageddon Max Pack on GOG.com Sep 27, 2012, 13:25 Cram

before I buy this, I have larger widescreen monitor. Did they add widescreen support, or will it stretch?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 26, 2012, 13:34 Cram

* Launch window is defined as the period beginning Nov. 18, 2012, and ending March 31, 2013.

That one is currently listed in as Launch Window on the list.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. TL2 Sep 20, 2012, 11:17 Cram

The day hath come, and like many others here I must go to work.
A glorious evening awaits if I manage to not blow my brains out before then.

News Comments > Obsidian Kickstarter
122. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 19, 2012, 16:21 Cram

Looks like early backers will have the option to get a GOG code now at launch. DRM-Free mode engaged.

Some other good news in today's update as well. This has been, if anything, fun to watch. I think I'll save up some tip money and upgrade my tier before the end of the KS.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Delayed
1. Re: Baldur's Gate Delayed Sep 14, 2012, 21:57 Cram

A mixed blessing for me, Torchlight 2 has priority over this at the moment.  

News Comments > Obsidian Kickstarter
45. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 17:28 Cram

$35 for me. Sucker for soundtracks to games like these, always seem to love them.

First official kickstarter for me too, I tried pledging $50 to OCRemix's kickstarter for the Final Fantasy VI Soundtrack but they ran into legal problems and the kickstarter was shut down. Apparently they've settled their issues with Square and will have another one soon.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 14, 2012, 17:03 Cram

Verno wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 15:16:
First time setup is a pain in the ass but its totally doable. I can send you a copy of my config or a screenshot of the controller layout I used if you still want to give it another chance. Xenoblade is way too awesome to be experienced on the Wii.

1080p is a definite bonus. Am a huge fan of Baten Kaitos and BK Origins which Monolith helped make. I would definitely appreciate advice on a layout or a screenshot. I did spend awhile searching for advice on various Dolphin related boards but came up empty.

The tl;dr though is that you need to setup whatever you're using as a classic controller and don't try to bind the motion stuff to anything because Xenoblade doesn't need to use it anyway.

That is probably the beginning of where I'm going wrong. Thanks for any help you can provide.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 14, 2012, 14:39 Cram

I am pretty certain I will buy one eventually. The launch line-up isn't enough for me at this time; I do want to go through Xenoblade and Skyward Sword but don't want to buy a regular Wii just for them.

I tried Xenoblade Chronicles on Dolphin last night. Can't make it playable with a Logitech Dual Action Gamepad or Mouse/Keyboard. The controller works, but it's a clusterf**k no matter what configurations I tried. No clue how people manage to use Dolphin without a WiiMote/Sensor bar.

News Comments > Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? "Screw It"
9. Re: Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? Sep 13, 2012, 21:54 Cram

Darks wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 21:38:
Its been said thousands of times, you make a great game and it will sell. make a shitty game and it will be pirated.

Indeed it is a great game, but it helps when your game only costs customers $20 and has often been found on sale for $4.99-$9.99 for well over a year.

News Comments > Labor Day Legal Briefs
7. Re: Labor Day Legal Briefs Sep 3, 2012, 21:05 Cram

Internet Journalism, where one source, a garbage tabloid, posts something without themselves a source, everyone else believes it is true and posts it on their news site.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success
83. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Sep 1, 2012, 10:37 Cram

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 06:22:
There also seems to be a hacking problem. My account (even though I havent used it since GW1 start) has the email changed. I got all the confirmation emails, but never clicked them actually.
So now my email is changed and I cant access that account anymore. No problem, since it just bogus data in it and no game associated with it, but I did a quick search about this and there seem to be a lot of others with the same problem, with an active GW2 account.

No official statement yet, those people havent even got a reply back from support.

I got the emails too, except it appears to be for my old Guild Wars 1 account I haven't touched in two years. I don't own or have a GW2 account. I changed my various important passwords for things just to be safe, including Steam where I bought the game from.

News Comments > Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future
29. Re: Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future Aug 23, 2012, 04:12 Cram

InBlack wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 03:33:
Another large sprawling act might be able to fix that but where do they go with the story without making it even lamer than it already ended up being?

They made a point of showing the Black Soulstone in the final cinematic. I predict something along the lines of Adria releasing every prime and lesser evil trapped in it for one final bombastic showdown. That may or may not work depending on whether they were completely destroyed as part of "Prime" Diablo. Or they can make it boring and have Imperius go all evil for no reason at all.

News Comments > More Diablo III 1.04 Details
19. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Details Aug 15, 2012, 14:54 Cram

A move in the right direction. I am going to give the game a lot more time to mature before re-installing it and giving it another shot.

I often hear people say "well Diablo 2 was pretty bad at launch too, everyone forgets the early days of Diablo 2". My point of view is that this version of Diablo 3 was in development for at least 6 years. In six years, Diablo 2 development began, game was announced, released, the expansion was developed and released and we got the big 1.10 patch. Derp to the "Diablo 2 sucked at launch" defense for Diablo 3.

Some of the barbarian changes are up (serious skill buffs happening it seems), they'll post the Wizard changes later today. The remaining classes tomorrow.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII PC Rerelease
12. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII PC Rerelease Aug 15, 2012, 03:11 Cram

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 01:55:
MattyC wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 00:21:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 23:58:
beigemore wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 23:49:
MIDI music can be pretty awesome with the right hardware or soundfont/banks loaded.
It's getting the right banks though. But yeah, there's something special about midi music, especially on a really good soundfont set. Nothing really beat the old awe64 and Yamaha sets, they were great.

Yep. I have often found midi music can be quite good and memorable. I have fond memories of many CT, FF6, & FF7 songs. It is really crazy what people did with the audio tech of the era even not on PCs. What they did on PCs was often even better, but both were great.

The point is the original Playstation versions did not use midi, but the PC release stupidly did. They did not restore the original music for this re-release. It sounds like shit.

I appreciate the MIDI nostalgia everyone is having here. That said, absolutely agree with StingingVelvet. It didn't matter what soundfonts you had back in 97, it sucked beyond balls compared to the OST. Every single track on the PC version was pathetic, the most obvious of which were One Winged Angel and Main Theme (aka Overworld). I am blown away they didn't update the midi to the OST for, arguably (FFVI is still my favorite), Nobuo Uematsu's greatest work for this release. It's 2012 ffs.

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 2012, 03:17.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M
25. Re: Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M Aug 3, 2012, 01:12 Cram

RailWizard wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 01:05:
UH OH! BETTER CHAPTER 11 BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

Immediately! Immediately! Harrumph! Harrumph! Harrumph!

21. Re: Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M Aug 3, 2012, 00:49 Cram

Dades wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 00:34:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 23:30:
9.1 million is nothing to sneeze at. Pretty amazing that people can stick to something for so long like that.

Yeah but at the same time losing 10% of that in a quarter is nothing to scoff at either, that's a crazy churn rate with the kind of instability that drives investors crazy. Expansions bring people back but they don't stick around long.

This. If I were an investor, you know...the people that publically own this shit, I would be temporarily pleased with the Diablo 3 stuff, but horrified with WoW. Their investments were in part based on WOW having well over 10 million subscribers (seriously believing this would last, cause most of them don't really know anything), and that isn't happening.

The next time around, it'll be a lot quicker subscription loss then it was with Cata. They'll bring a million back for one quarter for when the expansion is released, and lose 2-3+ million within the next 1-2 quarter conference calls afterwards. Probably more with GW2 (no sub) coming on top of the other issues discussed in this thread.

2. Re: Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M Aug 2, 2012, 20:24 Cram

Less and less are willing to pay $15 a month for any MMO it seems. The subscription based model is going the way of the dinosaurs. Love WoW, or ToR, or hate them, the entire genre is losing people.  

711 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo