Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 722 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 3, 2012, 04:13 Cram

Yet a point remains. How often does a major AAA+ PC only release get leaked a month early? PC, where apparently all the piracy happens. I'm am sure someone will provide an example of some game, but it seems to happen to console games far FAR more. At least you hear about about it more; some developers and publishers pretend it never happens and still ignore the PC for fear of pirates.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal
110. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 17, 2012, 05:33 Cram

Was at work during the "final countdown" at 6pm PST. Just watched a replay on twitch. Epic and kinda emotional. Drunken crazies...

Congrats Obsidian.

News Comments > Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal
109. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 17, 2012, 03:55 Cram

$270. Uber Collectors Edition with the physical soundtrack.
My justification is going off the post-work beer for a month, which would add up to about that much over a month in tip money (for what I spend on the beer in that period). What a sh*tshow this whole thing has been, from the second it started.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
3. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 03:52 Cram

Patch is progress, albeit not very much. Infernal Machine is a cop-out, the reward boring for the work and luck required.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Act 3 Details
4. Re: Path of Exile Act 3 Details Oct 17, 2012, 03:35 Cram

RailWizard wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 00:02:
That seems to be half a fact since I see just as many people saying it's boring generic crap. I never played it, and doubt I will, so there is that. heh.

I have had trouble on Bluesnews trying to separate those that truly appreciate PoE to those that just use PoE as ammo to bash Diablo 3. 95% of the time the game is brought up is in a Diablo 3 related thread where the topic has turned sour and people are using PoE to bash D3 without providing examples of proof why PoE is > *.

I watched Kripparrian play for about 20 mins on twitch when they gave him exclusive beta access with live commentary with the director a little while back. Kripp sounded more bored than even I was playing this. But I know many people don't give a crap about Kripp.

It is boring generic crap. I played through the beta once and a half a couple months ago. Things probably changed again. My impression from two months ago. The isometic view is far too top down and your char takes up too much screen space, it makes me want to zoom out and I can't. The graphics look plasticity, like how models and textures look in the Doom 3/Tech 4 engine. Way too shiny and distracting. The inventory system is worse than Diablo 2's; there's no defense for this, they've de-evolved here. I don't like the currency system, but this critic is a matter of preference as I appreciate what they're trying to do but I can't be bothered. The attribute/skill upgrade system is a farse, it is made to look massive but it is a poor mans Final Fantasy X sphere grid system, most upgrades are on their own almost worthless and for a newbie I could see how it would be overwhelmingly intimidating. The story, what story? WHAT STORY?

The music and sound is excellent though, kudos there.

I get this game planned to be released free to play, at this rate by 2018, and is in beta but I don't get people using this game in its current state as bash ammo against games like TL2 and Diablo 3. I'm sure many improvements will be made to all my issues way before release, but right now PoE has absolutely nothing on either of TL2 or D3, and I just made a post last night bashing Diablo 3 after being extremely let down by it incase anyone here think's I am a Diablo zealot. I've never been more pissed about how a game turned out than Diablo 3.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile Oct 17, 2012, 03:07 Cram

I will grab this shortly. I gotta apologize to the credit card for the Project Eternity fiasco first.

SS3 was a treat. Not perfect, but one hell of a ride.

News Comments > Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow
22. Re: Diablo III Version 1.0.5 Tomorrow Oct 16, 2012, 04:28 Cram

My first play through still remains something of a nerdgasm I won't forget. Like said 10000x times, each subsequent playthrough unapologetic-ally presented the problems with the game to you via swift rights and kicks to the groin.

I really can't forgive Blizzard for what they did to my own personal style of play. I am Demon Hunter. That's it, I don't give 17 rats asses about the other 4 classes. Building up to release, I knew this class would be FAST PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW and evasion. That's how I love to play.

They epic-nerfed IAS that I spent the entire time building up until the sudden nerf. They then took one of my favorite skills in the entire game "Vault" (yeah, Vault) and suddenly made it awesome amazing fun (Trail of Cinders). Nah, can't have it, "it was a bug that somehow got passed tons of people" time to nerf. I never bought the reason that disciple skills should be survival only and not dps. Each vault I made put me at severe risk in Inferno using it as a dps weapon. I didn't have Natayla's set and didn't have +disp gear. I use Vault, I put myself at risk of insta death because I may not be able to SS to save my ass. It was unbelievably fun. Blizzard said no.

On top of that, the games walk/run speed is awful. What happened to 30-40% run speed boots? I thought that would actually be in this game. Here's the kick to the groin, your charactor in Torchlight 2 runs, by default, faster than any D3 char with 12% run boots (not including passives). I can't afford a good set of Lacuni Bracers or any other extra good gear piece with Run speed. Why was an affix that was basically available in beta (almost 12% run speed, I think I had 9% boots in beta), not improved in 4 difficulties of play in this game?

Am I the only one that played D2 that, when making a new alt, pumped into Strength so I could put in Sigon's Greaves immediately because it made building an alt way more fun at that point?

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2012, 04:43.

News Comments > Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans
17. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 16, 2012, 04:12 Cram

This is insane. 3.4 now with 3.5 in the bag it seems.

My own Mastercard somehow got a hold of a phone and just called my cell screaming something about "What the hell are you doing stop! Stop! For f*cks sakes" All I could say was "Blame Sawyer"

I'm still pessimistic. Despite Nin and Creston's excellent reply's to my post in another thread, I still think this has gone overboard. I still believe the amount of promised content that has exponentially increased the last 30 days from what I imagine was their own internal scope for this project is something you can't just throw money at to make. And not just make, but make it good. Sawyer even said something about this during the reddit ama, not a direct quote, but to paraphrase, the content has become the biggest challenge due to the kickstarter in making this project.

I want to believe, and I didn't downgrade my tier as I said I might. I ended up bumping it, god damn physical soundtrack.

News Comments > Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached
45. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 15, 2012, 15:26 Cram

Well there goes another $20.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
5. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 15, 2012, 02:06 Cram

I never really "got" Halo. I played Halo 1 on the the PC years ago and was so SO offended by it I never bothered with the others. Never mind that though, the point I want to make is that I read the spoilers. I read them because among the many I work with that are gamers, a few are very good friends of mine that are Halo fiends. Zealots even.

I never said that I was a good friend or a good person. Blackmail is gloriously fun sometimes. One of them deserves it, and I quote: "Unreal Tournament 2004? That had multi-player?" He's young....

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 2012, 02:14.

News Comments > Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached
24. Re: Project Eternity Q&A; $3M Goal Reached Oct 14, 2012, 22:45 Cram

This is insane.  

News Comments > Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans
27. Re: Project Eternity Kickstarter Homestretch Plans Oct 14, 2012, 04:49 Cram

Am I the only one that thinks they've way gone beyond the point of biting off more than they can chew? FWIW, I am currently at the $140 donation, in case that matters when reading my thoughts.

I agree with a point in their description. Baldur's Gate and Athkatla are big cities. The amount of detail in both, which were in separate games, was, at the the time and even especially today with how games are made, unbelievable. That said, they've gone from wanting 1.1 million for a early 2014 date to a game with suddenly a multiple fold addition in systems and content, at still an early 2014 release date. Maybe they planned this right from the beginning, but they've given little evidence so far that this is so. At 3.5 million, possibly achievable, they want two giant cities on top of everything else going on?

This has gotten ridiculous. They're promising the entire Baldur's Gate saga, on steroids, at this point, for a few million. 7+ stories of a mega dungeon, I imagine Watchers Keep (5 or so stories) alone took a dedicated semi-separate team working on the BG2 expansion the entire development time of said expansion to make.

The enthusiasm Obsidian is putting behind this, the daily updates, is incredible. However, this game isn't anywhere near release and it already feels so hyped up by Obsidian with what they've promised to do that I don't believe them anymore. It's too much. I am seriously considering going back to my $35 donation I made day one of this KS.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile Next Week
10. Re: Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile Next Week Oct 5, 2012, 16:49 Cram

Granted People May Fly didn't have any part of it I'm still hoping they might get the feel of the game right. The $20 price tag doesn't hurt either.

It does (the feel), if the beta I played through yesterday is any indication. It's the original game almost to a tee, improved. It has a few kinks that need to be worked out, mostly AI related but it's basically the exact same game but looks a whole lot prettier with a few nice additions. It plays a bit faster, you feel a bit more powerful and most importantly it does not drag on like every single PK release since Battle out of Hell. Proper non-bugged 1920x1080 support too, no more fiddling with config files that didn't always work right with the original.

I think I'm one of the few who really enjoyed SS3. Not as good as the first 2 but still a lot of fun when played co-op. Would be hard for me not to pick this up.

I'm with you. I knew when I got the game that the first few levels were a parody on CoD and other similar games, hell Croteam were advertising that fact for months leading up to release. I enjoyed those levels for what they were, finding all the secrets in those levels was damn fun; then it opened up and great times were had. I have had an itch to go through the game again, I will pick up the DLC and go for it.

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 2012, 17:10.

News Comments > Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated
25. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 20:03 Cram

One playthrough on Veteran with an Outlander. Was fun, but that's enough for me. I burned myself out long ago with Torchlight 1 and its similar Map/Infinite dungeons system. I got my $20 worth, but at the moment I find it has very little replay-ability (for me anyway, I don't care for melee classes so that eliminates some of what the game offers). Maybe some impressive mods in the future will bring me back. One thing I found unfortunate is that not one single area in this game felt memorable, or felt like it had any soul, in any way, except maybe the destroyed Werewolf town.  

News Comments > Carmageddon Max Pack on GOG.com
3. Re: Carmageddon Max Pack on GOG.com Sep 27, 2012, 13:25 Cram

before I buy this, I have larger widescreen monitor. Did they add widescreen support, or will it stretch?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 26, 2012, 13:34 Cram

* Launch window is defined as the period beginning Nov. 18, 2012, and ending March 31, 2013.

That one is currently listed in as Launch Window on the list.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. TL2 Sep 20, 2012, 11:17 Cram

The day hath come, and like many others here I must go to work.
A glorious evening awaits if I manage to not blow my brains out before then.

News Comments > Obsidian Kickstarter
122. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 19, 2012, 16:21 Cram

Looks like early backers will have the option to get a GOG code now at launch. DRM-Free mode engaged.

Some other good news in today's update as well. This has been, if anything, fun to watch. I think I'll save up some tip money and upgrade my tier before the end of the KS.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Delayed
1. Re: Baldur's Gate Delayed Sep 14, 2012, 21:57 Cram

A mixed blessing for me, Torchlight 2 has priority over this at the moment.  

News Comments > Obsidian Kickstarter
45. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 17:28 Cram

$35 for me. Sucker for soundtracks to games like these, always seem to love them.

First official kickstarter for me too, I tried pledging $50 to OCRemix's kickstarter for the Final Fantasy VI Soundtrack but they ran into legal problems and the kickstarter was shut down. Apparently they've settled their issues with Square and will have another one soon.

722 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo