Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 716 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III
28. Re: Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III Jan 18, 2013, 04:07 Cram

InBlack wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 03:58:
Well who knows, maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. If anyone can turn this train wreck around its Blizzard. Maybe he got fired BECAUSE Diablo3 is such a huge fucking failure.

For f*cks sakes I'm going to turn into the next Blues Diablo 3 defender/martyr and I don't really want to be here.

Diablo 3 has sold over 10 F**KING MILLION PC Licenses. How in the F**K is that a failure to blame on Blizzard and Jay Wilson?

Edit: I haven't played the game in 6 months, I'm just challenging the opinions people are expressing on this site.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Hints
7. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 18, 2013, 03:36 Cram

coldcut wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 03:33:
One of my favorite campaigns is The Tomb of Zarthos.
I'll check that out. Thanks.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.07 on PTR
19. Re: Diablo III 1.07 on PTR Jan 18, 2013, 03:27 Cram

InBlack wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 08:12:
Cram wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 04:01:
Asmo wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 17:54:
I tried hard, really, I almost made it to lvl 10 in the demo before laughing it off as a bad joke.

I figure the Diablo series was never for you in the first place then. In Diablo 2, by lvl 10...what have you accomplished? Compared to D3?

Its not about what you acomplish, its about the story, dialogue, atmosphere etc. By level 10 you can already pretty much figure out that its not the moody dark game that it should have been

Really? I would challenge that. Old Tristram is gone, hundreds of New Tristram townsmen are dead. There are corpses absol-f*ckin-lootley everywhere. The act 1 music is the darkest in Diablo history, just not melodic, and Matt Uelman melodic was what we all wanted but didn't get. None the less, it was effective atmospherically. There is nothing but death for the entire first act. Unlike D2, your char actually has a reason for being at the initial starting point of the game/story and has an understanding of what has happened over the last 20 years, unlike the D2 char that just showed up conveniently days after the warrior beat Diablo. D2 chars didn't have a clue storywise why they were there except a rumour about treasure in the cathedral and maybe a demon or two to kill. Atmosphere? Diablo 3 destroys Diablo 2 during the first 10-15 levels (and don't misunderstand me here, ONLY during the first 10-15 levels). I dunno about you, but revisiting the original Tristram and going through the cathedral FAR outweighs wandering around the Stone Fields looking for a the cave to the Dark Woods so you can revisit an incomplete bastardized version of Tristram where cow guts blow up in your face.

Act 1 D3 > Act 1 D2 in about every single way, except that there is no chance that you can equip the entire Sigon's set so you can bypass 2 difficulties worth of the game quickly.

The only point I want to make is that anyone saying Diablo 3 sucks, hindsight aside, compared to Diablo 2 based on only the first 10 LEVELS is a troll. The only thing admirable about Diablo 3 was that the first act was one of the best parts of the entire franchise in its history. The rest of the game....yeah no.

Edit: edit clarification regarding music.

This comment was edited on Jan 18, 2013, 03:39.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Hints
4. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 18, 2013, 02:39 Cram

Bluesnews members reviews convinced me to buy it during the Steam summer sale.

Absolutely worth it. Despite being let down by the final boss, and admittedly needing a FAQ to get both through the game and get a couple secrets, it was a harrowing adventure. I am not one of those that was born to conquer these old school dungeon crawlers, my patience has limits. I don't want any more of the same that Grimrock originally offers. Vastly expand the environment, story and gear, you may get my attention.

One proud achievement was encountering an ogre for the first time (well before a FAQ) and beating it on the first try. That was sweet.

News Comments > Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III
22. Re: Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III Jan 18, 2013, 01:56 Cram

This may not be a popular opinion on this site.

Jay Wilson NEVER had a chance in hell. Blizz/Acti was in full force and the head honcho's had one thing on their mind, money. The genre was nearly desolate for years. With each year, the panic for a sequel grew, but at the same time the genre grew more obsolete. Titan Quest (a fantastic game) provided a buffer, but nothing more.

I really don't see how anything could have succeeded Diablo 2, except an exact remake of Diablo 2 with prettier graphics. Interestingly, that's exactly what a lot of D3 haters want but I propose if they had made Diablo 2.5, an equal amount of people would challenged the game saying "this is all you could come up with in 10 years, Diablo 2 on roids?"

It was a no win situation. The sequel was LITERALLY 7 years too late. It should have been out 2004-2005 if they wanted to continue Diablo's momentum. Jay didn't have a chance, but I'll conclude saying he should have been fired for what happened involving Brevik. He should not be with the company anymore on that incident alone and only that incident.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.07 on PTR
17. Re: Diablo III 1.07 on PTR Jan 17, 2013, 04:01 Cram

Asmo wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 17:54:
I tried hard, really, I almost made it to lvl 10 in the demo before laughing it off as a bad joke.

I figure the Diablo series was never for you in the first place then. In Diablo 2, by lvl 10...what have you accomplished? Compared to D3?

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 2013, 04:31.

News Comments > WoW 5.2 Preview
4. Re: WoW 5.2 Preview Dec 23, 2012, 01:30 Cram

This "patch" appears to have more content then other "expansions" I read about for other MMO's. But I haven't been in the loop since WotLK.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 11, 2012, 04:38 Cram

At this point, I don't see how a console D3 would be productive for Blizzard. This opinion coming from someone that still has some, perhaps misguided, hope left for the game in the future (expansion++).  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
41. Re: Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Nov 29, 2012, 18:41 Cram

I am unimpressed that there is no working way to increase the AI updates. It is defaulted at 30; there is no config menu and altering the baldur.ini file doesn't do anything. Being used to 45-50 AI updates in Infinity Engine games and slowing down to 30, brutal.  

News Comments > Diablo III PvP Details Coming "Very Soon"
10. Re: Diablo III PvP Details Coming Nov 28, 2012, 03:27 Cram

deqer wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 02:22:
Shok wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 22:30:
I would love to know how much money total and monthly the D3 auction house brought/brings in. Was it really worth it Blizzard?

I would love to know how many people are actually trying to play this game as their job.

I doubt many, not this time around. Early days of D2 and D2X it was do-able (Expansion released, I made $5000 in four months when $1 US was worth $1.50 CAD), not many people were doing it and it was easy to sell items on EBay since there were no rules against it back in 2000/2001. This time around, everyone is trying to do it and unless the item rolls with near perfect stats for a class, it isn't worth anything at all. Unless you're botting on multiple accounts and lucky, this is not your main job.

News Comments > Dishonored DLC Next Month
15. Re: Dishonored DLC Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 14:24 Cram

No idea what was wrong with the endings nor have I seen "many of us" having problems with it. All three endings were fine.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads
49. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 24, 2012, 18:46 Cram

The character and background art assets were lost; they got the source code from Bioware.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Goes Free to Play Next Week
22. Re: The Old Republic Goes Free to Play Next Wee Nov 9, 2012, 00:54 Cram

I played through most of the game at launch and cancelled before the free month was up. I definitely want to run through Balmorra again, and I think I will. That planet was fantastic.  

News Comments > Roberts on PC Star Citizen
13. Re: Roberts on PC Star Citizen Nov 3, 2012, 21:55 Cram

Cutter wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 20:57:
So then he's beholden to whoever is giving him the 10 million. How is that a good thing? This is why I said I don't like him doing a KS because he's just using it to prove to a publisher that it's viable, and he really isn't beholden to the KS backers - which he should be. That's why I'm not backing this.

I am/was unaware a major investor may be involved in this way and if this is true I am cancelling my pledge. Gonna read up a bit, if this is the situation I am out.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 3, 2012, 04:13 Cram

Yet a point remains. How often does a major AAA+ PC only release get leaked a month early? PC, where apparently all the piracy happens. I'm am sure someone will provide an example of some game, but it seems to happen to console games far FAR more. At least you hear about about it more; some developers and publishers pretend it never happens and still ignore the PC for fear of pirates.  

News Comments > Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal
110. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 17, 2012, 05:33 Cram

Was at work during the "final countdown" at 6pm PST. Just watched a replay on twitch. Epic and kinda emotional. Drunken crazies...

Congrats Obsidian.

News Comments > Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal
109. Re: Final Project Eternity Stretch Goal Oct 17, 2012, 03:55 Cram

$270. Uber Collectors Edition with the physical soundtrack.
My justification is going off the post-work beer for a month, which would add up to about that much over a month in tip money (for what I spend on the beer in that period). What a sh*tshow this whole thing has been, from the second it started.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
3. Re: Diablo III Patched Oct 17, 2012, 03:52 Cram

Patch is progress, albeit not very much. Infernal Machine is a cop-out, the reward boring for the work and luck required.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Act 3 Details
4. Re: Path of Exile Act 3 Details Oct 17, 2012, 03:35 Cram

RailWizard wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 00:02:
That seems to be half a fact since I see just as many people saying it's boring generic crap. I never played it, and doubt I will, so there is that. heh.

I have had trouble on Bluesnews trying to separate those that truly appreciate PoE to those that just use PoE as ammo to bash Diablo 3. 95% of the time the game is brought up is in a Diablo 3 related thread where the topic has turned sour and people are using PoE to bash D3 without providing examples of proof why PoE is > *.

I watched Kripparrian play for about 20 mins on twitch when they gave him exclusive beta access with live commentary with the director a little while back. Kripp sounded more bored than even I was playing this. But I know many people don't give a crap about Kripp.

It is boring generic crap. I played through the beta once and a half a couple months ago. Things probably changed again. My impression from two months ago. The isometic view is far too top down and your char takes up too much screen space, it makes me want to zoom out and I can't. The graphics look plasticity, like how models and textures look in the Doom 3/Tech 4 engine. Way too shiny and distracting. The inventory system is worse than Diablo 2's; there's no defense for this, they've de-evolved here. I don't like the currency system, but this critic is a matter of preference as I appreciate what they're trying to do but I can't be bothered. The attribute/skill upgrade system is a farse, it is made to look massive but it is a poor mans Final Fantasy X sphere grid system, most upgrades are on their own almost worthless and for a newbie I could see how it would be overwhelmingly intimidating. The story, what story? WHAT STORY?

The music and sound is excellent though, kudos there.

I get this game planned to be released free to play, at this rate by 2018, and is in beta but I don't get people using this game in its current state as bash ammo against games like TL2 and Diablo 3. I'm sure many improvements will be made to all my issues way before release, but right now PoE has absolutely nothing on either of TL2 or D3, and I just made a post last night bashing Diablo 3 after being extremely let down by it incase anyone here think's I am a Diablo zealot. I've never been more pissed about how a game turned out than Diablo 3.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile Oct 17, 2012, 03:07 Cram

I will grab this shortly. I gotta apologize to the credit card for the Project Eternity fiasco first.

SS3 was a treat. Not perfect, but one hell of a ride.

716 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo