Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 711 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 31, 2013, 23:11 Cram

Are there any current discounts/coupons out there for Infinite? Apologies if I missed it today somewhere in the comments.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter
15. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Mar 28, 2013, 03:23 Cram

Going to start with the $65 digital. Will probably up that near the end of the kickstarter.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 6 PC Preorder Bonus Unlocked
1. Re: Resident Evil 6 PC Preorder Bonus Unlocked Feb 22, 2013, 17:31 Cram

*crickets*  

News Comments > Diablo III Community Q&A - Patch Tomorrow
1. Re: Diablo III Community Q&A - Patch Tomorrow Feb 11, 2013, 14:40 Cram

That was a depressing read that didn't cover one single fundamental problem with the game.  

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Game?
21. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 23:59 Cram

Jerykk wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 23:12:
Ratty wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 22:57:
kyleb wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 20:30:
Ratty wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 16:09:
Really loved the first one done by Raven.
Raven only did the most recent Wolf game. The previous one was made my Gray Matter, who previously made Kingpin, Quake II: The Reckoning, and the Redneck Rampage and Cyberia games under the name Xatrix, and later merged with Treyarch.
You're absolutely right. I loved RtCW by Graymatter. The last one by Raven was the one that I thought was consolized crap. Thanks for correcting me. I wonder if I still have the disks. I haven't played it in ages and I'll need something after I do Dragonborn.

You're aware that Skyrim (and every Bethesda game after Morrowind) was designed for console, right? And that the PC versions were ports? Just sayin'. If you're going to hate games with console origins, you should at least be consistent.

LOL

I loved RtCW, and really enjoyed Wolfenstein (2009). So much chaos and destruction in the latest Wolfenstein, lots of secrets and things to do. Bring on more.

News Comments > Job Post Spurs Dishonored 2 Speculation
4. Re: Job Post Spurs Arcane 2 Speculation Feb 8, 2013, 01:49 Cram

SS wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 15:18:
More Dishonored would be great. They just have to fix up a few things here and there in regards to character development and moral choices. Maybe expand the non-lethal combat abilities as well.

With an emphasis on non-lethal. Evolve the games stealth capabilities to a Thief 3 level, and from there evolve it again to something respectable for 2013.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 29, 2013, 14:50 Cram

Cutter wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 13:22:
I hate Rogers far worse than Bell

From my own personal experience, Rogers has been fantastic for mobile. I won't speak on their Internet, I've read the stories.

I had a two year contract with Bell around 2005. I accidentally uploaded two pictures onto some bloatware cloud service on my samsung phone, hit the wrong button I guess. I didn't even know the phone was Internet capable. Anyways, those two pictures, both under 1mb each ended up costing me $150 on my next bill. Bell told me to go fuck myself. Sure, a mistake was made due to ignorance but seriously $150 for two small jpegs is ridiculous. The customer service guy and his manager I eventually talked to both said they would not help me with the charges under any circumstances.

Rogers now, two years into a three year contract and six months before I am eligible for any upgrade. Get a phone call, tell me if I am willing to stay with them and resign for three years they will: remove all early upgrade fees, give me a $100 gift certificate to the home shopping channel, and give me a 32gb Galaxy S-3 for $50. I was able to talk them into giving me the phone for free. I literally paid nothing for upgrading from an S1 to an S3 except recommitting to Rogers, which I was going to do anyway. One year earlier they upgraded my plan for me, for a lower rate. 6gb bandwidth, unlimited local calling, my10, myone, free a bunch of other things including call display, and voicemail for $55 a month not including tax. The LTE network is substantially faster too. I guess I've been lucky and at the right place at the right time for what I consider a remarkable experience.

News Comments > Path of Exile Open Beta
29. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta Jan 24, 2013, 21:30 Cram

A few hours into open beta, months since I've played it last. I still dislike the Isometic zoom angle and FFX sphere grid. At maximum zoom-out, I still want a substantially greater Line of Sight. D3 got that part right, if it got anything right. The sphere grid is still a mess that gives no one a clue how to build...a build.

Made a post a number of months back about my gripes with the game after 30 or so hours with the game in closed beta. Naturally, as is of course tradition here, Axis said I had no idea what I was talking about. I look forward to going through this again and posting updated thoughts on its current build. Which of course if it anything but 100% praise, as is tradition, Axis will tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups
62. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 23, 2013, 04:30 Cram

A great cinematic. But like Diablo 3, ToR and many others, great cinematic's a great game does not make.

News Comments > PC Resident Evil Revelations Plans
5. Re: PC Resident Evil Revelations Plans Jan 23, 2013, 03:54 Cram

Am I the only one here that thinks the price tag is absolutely ridiculous?  

News Comments > Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III
59. Re: Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III Jan 20, 2013, 22:27 Cram

JohnnyRotten wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 21:07:
Cutter wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 01:40:
Prez wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 21:37:
They're listening alright. They're listening to the sound of $600 million rolling in from the 10 million sales of Diablo 3. With that kind of validation for the deliberate regression of a once-great franchise they have no mandate to do anything differently.

Yes, but that's because many were naieve and didn't understand the online-DRM, AH scheme, etc. I'll be dollars to donuts they won't see a repeat of those sales numbers again, not even close. They've just burnt too many bridges with this.

I wonder what chunk of those sales came from the bundled WoW special (sign up for a year, get free D3).

1.2 million copies of D3 via One Year WoW sub.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 18, 2013, 22:03 Cram

jdreyer wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 21:51:
Hasn't FF been dying for a decade or so?

Sales wise, nope. I think how a lot of us have defined Final Fantasy for 25 years, that definition or thought of what Final Fantasy should be is dying. I loved FF1 - FF9, and it all started coming completely apart for me with FFX, a little of a decade ago and has never been the same.

News Comments > Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III
33. Re: Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III Jan 18, 2013, 06:38 Cram

Moog wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 05:47:
Cram wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 04:07:
Diablo 3 has sold over 10 F**KING MILLION PC Licenses. How in the F**K is that a failure to blame on Blizzard and Jay Wilson?

How many people do you know that are still playing D3 a mere 9 months after launch?
And apparently this matters somehow? It sold 10 millions copies at a retail value of $60. 1.2 mill or so of it, granted, from WoW 1 yr subscriptions. How in the hell does it matter if people are still playing it?! Why is it that Blizzard is the only company that can sell 10 gazillion copies of something but still fail?

Headline USA: Dishonored sells 10 million copies on all platforms!!! (it hasn't, by the way) Declared a failure (it hasn't been)!

what the hell is going on Bluesnews?

EDIT: Why is it that Diablo 3 needs to be sustainable for over 9 months, but EVERY other AAA title in the history of gaming on all platforms isn't, in order to be declared a success?

This comment was edited on Jan 18, 2013, 06:45.

32. Re: Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III Jan 18, 2013, 06:07 Cram

Moog wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 05:47:
Cram wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 04:07:
Diablo 3 has sold over 10 F**KING MILLION PC Licenses. How in the F**K is that a failure to blame on Blizzard and Jay Wilson?

How many people do you know that are still playing D3 a mere 9 months after launch? Even you say you haven't played it in 6 months! Personally, I pre-ordered it but I don't think I even played it for a month, it was so disappointing

It might have sold a lot of copies but I bet a lot of those people wouldn't rush back and buy a D4 at launch.

D3 was the biggest 'fail' of the gaming year, IMHO.
Interesting.

Fine. A game that sold 10 million copies exclusively on the PC was a failure. Hand shakes all around everybody.

Tell me, what in the hell will ever be a success on the PC platform then if not the record holder. Is the PC truly dead?

30. Re: Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III Jan 18, 2013, 05:13 Cram

aesir05 wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 04:57:
So yup, he's the guy who had the final say on the RMAH and making it all core and central

Prove it. Prove to me he was the guy behind the RMAH and not anyone far above him in Acti/Blizz. Prove to me Jay Wilson said: RMAH is Diablo bitches! RMAH is JAY WILSON!

Go!

28. Re: Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III Jan 18, 2013, 04:07 Cram

InBlack wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 03:58:
Well who knows, maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. If anyone can turn this train wreck around its Blizzard. Maybe he got fired BECAUSE Diablo3 is such a huge fucking failure.

For f*cks sakes I'm going to turn into the next Blues Diablo 3 defender/martyr and I don't really want to be here.

Edit: I haven't played the game in 6 months, I'm just challenging the opinions people are expressing on this site.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Hints
7. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 18, 2013, 03:36 Cram

coldcut wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 03:33:
One of my favorite campaigns is The Tomb of Zarthos.
I'll check that out. Thanks.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.07 on PTR
19. Re: Diablo III 1.07 on PTR Jan 18, 2013, 03:27 Cram

InBlack wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 08:12:
Cram wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 04:01:
Asmo wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 17:54:
I tried hard, really, I almost made it to lvl 10 in the demo before laughing it off as a bad joke.

I figure the Diablo series was never for you in the first place then. In Diablo 2, by lvl 10...what have you accomplished? Compared to D3?

Its not about what you acomplish, its about the story, dialogue, atmosphere etc. By level 10 you can already pretty much figure out that its not the moody dark game that it should have been

Really? I would challenge that. Old Tristram is gone, hundreds of New Tristram townsmen are dead. There are corpses absol-f*ckin-lootley everywhere. The act 1 music is the darkest in Diablo history, just not melodic, and Matt Uelman melodic was what we all wanted but didn't get. None the less, it was effective atmospherically. There is nothing but death for the entire first act. Unlike D2, your char actually has a reason for being at the initial starting point of the game/story and has an understanding of what has happened over the last 20 years, unlike the D2 char that just showed up conveniently days after the warrior beat Diablo. D2 chars didn't have a clue storywise why they were there except a rumour about treasure in the cathedral and maybe a demon or two to kill. Atmosphere? Diablo 3 destroys Diablo 2 during the first 10-15 levels (and don't misunderstand me here, ONLY during the first 10-15 levels). I dunno about you, but revisiting the original Tristram and going through the cathedral FAR outweighs wandering around the Stone Fields looking for a the cave to the Dark Woods so you can revisit an incomplete bastardized version of Tristram where cow guts blow up in your face.

Act 1 D3 > Act 1 D2 in about every single way, except that there is no chance that you can equip the entire Sigon's set so you can bypass 2 difficulties worth of the game quickly.

The only point I want to make is that anyone saying Diablo 3 sucks, hindsight aside, compared to Diablo 2 based on only the first 10 LEVELS is a troll. The only thing admirable about Diablo 3 was that the first act was one of the best parts of the entire franchise in its history. The rest of the game....yeah no.

Edit: edit clarification regarding music.

This comment was edited on Jan 18, 2013, 03:39.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Hints
4. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 18, 2013, 02:39 Cram

Bluesnews members reviews convinced me to buy it during the Steam summer sale.

Absolutely worth it. Despite being let down by the final boss, and admittedly needing a FAQ to get both through the game and get a couple secrets, it was a harrowing adventure. I am not one of those that was born to conquer these old school dungeon crawlers, my patience has limits. I don't want any more of the same that Grimrock originally offers. Vastly expand the environment, story and gear, you may get my attention.

One proud achievement was encountering an ogre for the first time (well before a FAQ) and beating it on the first try. That was sweet.

22. Re: Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III Jan 18, 2013, 01:56 Cram

This may not be a popular opinion on this site.

Jay Wilson NEVER had a chance in hell. Blizz/Acti was in full force and the head honcho's had one thing on their mind, money. The genre was nearly desolate for years. With each year, the panic for a sequel grew, but at the same time the genre grew more obsolete. Titan Quest (a fantastic game) provided a buffer, but nothing more.

I really don't see how anything could have succeeded Diablo 2, except an exact remake of Diablo 2 with prettier graphics. Interestingly, that's exactly what a lot of D3 haters want but I propose if they had made Diablo 2.5, an equal amount of people would challenged the game saying "this is all you could come up with in 10 years, Diablo 2 on roids?"

It was a no win situation. The sequel was LITERALLY 7 years too late. It should have been out 2004-2005 if they wanted to continue Diablo's momentum. Jay didn't have a chance, but I'll conclude saying he should have been fired for what happened involving Brevik. He should not be with the company anymore on that incident alone and only that incident.

711 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo