Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 in Beta; iOS LoG Announced
1. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 in Beta; iOS LoG Announced Aug 21, 2014, 21:13 Cram

I am excite.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Jul 9, 2014, 10:54 Cram

Maybe old news, I think a couple people on this site were waiting for a GOG release  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
31. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 5, 2014, 19:06 Cram

Kudos's all around. From watching Swen over the years in many videos he and Larian release of themselves, he comes off as a bit of a hardass but a guy that truly loves his games, the genre and the industry. After the initial disaster that was Divinity 2 (mostly corrected in Dragon Knight Saga), well earned success reached. Now finish the Damien storyline, after 11 years I'm about to lose it.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Living World Season 2 Begins
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Living World Season 2 Begins Jul 1, 2014, 19:40 Cram

Creston wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 14:44:
Marjory, Kasmeer, Rox, Braham, and Taimi

Ugh, will we never get rid of them? They are the five most uninteresting characters ever created. They already jumped the shark in the final battle against Scarlet when blondie kissed her partner. Lesbian kisses = jumping the shark.

Let them fucking die already.

Respectfully disagree, on everything you said.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit
20. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit Jun 28, 2014, 19:17 Cram

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 11:34:
I use CheatEngine's speedhack and bolster game speed 75%, (1.75), yeah movement and combat speed are laborious, but with simple tools like this and SweetFX we can take things in our own hand with little effort. All part of the PC package to me.

Thank you for the info, will look into it.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit
11. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit Jun 28, 2014, 00:55 Cram

hey hey, another majority on Bluesnews actually excited and/or pleased about a game. Kudos. One that's kickstarted, no less.

I gave it a go about a week ago, a Fighter/Cleric combo. I found it damn slow, both movement while exploring and battle system even compared to Baldur's Gate. However, I absolutely intend to try again and will give the Rogue/Cleric idea a go. The Rogue was my alt choice originally.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $47M
5. Re: Star Citizen Passes $47M Jun 23, 2014, 22:55 Cram

Redmask wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 22:40:
Let them finish the game
When will that be? All things considering.

News Comments > Serious Sam 2 Replaces GameSpy with Steamworks
8. Re: Serious Sam 2 Replaces GameSpy with Steamworks Jun 14, 2014, 01:40 Cram

Krovven wrote on Jun 14, 2014, 01:28:
Because Gamespay has been shit for at least 10 years. So no love lost from me.

Gamespy the company shit the bed on Gamespy the software long before they sold it off.

Selling lifetime upgrades for the original Gamespy software and then turning around and making new software that had the exact same functionality, selling that and abandoning the old one. I stopped supporting them, when they did that.
Echo'ing these thoughts. Good riddance.
This service was nothing but a barrier to entry for me for a great deal of Multiplayer gaming in the 90's, and continued to be so into the early 00's.

On to topic though, surprised anyone still plays SS2. Before I get heckled, I too enjoyed some of the game despite is SHINING faults. SS3 did a lot of things better. Even the first 5 levels of SS3 did things better than SS2 overall, and those first 5 levels are the bane of most SS3 reviewers existences.

I am happy that SS2 lives on, however. Despite my own problems with it. I look forward to SS4, someday.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials
15. Re: Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials Jun 10, 2014, 22:54 Cram

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 22:38:
Yeah, it was nice to get myself some Reaper's Wraps, the other mats aren't much of a concern -- the limiting factor for all my legendary and set crafted items was the number of Forgotten Souls those and the Death's Breaths are the only ones I don't have thousands of..

Heh, exact same boat here. I had an ok RW, but immediately crafted about 20 today and got much better ones. It had come to the point on my original RW that a visit to the Enchantress cost over 1 mill gold. Caught a roll that was overall better then my originals, and I got reroll crit to 6%.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
57. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 21, 2014, 00:16 Cram

netnerd85 wrote on May 21, 2014, 00:13:
Fantaz wrote on May 20, 2014, 11:23:
one thing that i noticed from the TB video linked earlier is the poopy texture res. the game is nearly 50GB and with poop textures?! what's taking up all that space then? uncompressed streaming audio?
Probably his PC, the textures take up 33GB, so... stop.

TB is running dual Titans...

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
46. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 20, 2014, 16:46 Cram

Picked this up as well, completed the first three chapters last night. Pretty much exactly what I expected, so I'm pleased. I echo NKD's thoughts. I do have some minor issues but nothing that has ruined the experience for me...yet.  

News Comments > Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses
32. Re: Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses May 15, 2014, 17:01 Cram

Mr. Tact wrote on May 15, 2014, 16:59:
Cram wrote on May 15, 2014, 16:43:
One quick note, you can use Marquise on your lvl 1 chars. There is no lvl requirement on gems anymore, so find a slotted weapon as quickly as possible and throw a red marquise or higher in it DPS+++ level on master diff or higher.

Edit: ah hell another point. I personally never store anything above flawless imperials in my stash, i always end up using them to reroll rings/amulets. I can't see the point in storing gems above flawless (especially of each color), if you're spending the money making royals and flawless royals you likely have an item you specifically want to put it in anyway.

It would still be nice if Blizzard introduced a "wallet" similar to what ANET did in Guild Wars 2 but include gems.
Yeah, I know I could use the higher level gems on the low level characters, but I don't like to. Just a personal quirk.

You clearly have more gold in D3 than I do. On my "main" I have not yet gotten my gems for my chest and legs up to flawless royals. And even when I do, there are all my other characters. Let alone enough to make all the imperial flawless I would like to have for re-rolls.

It took me over a month of just playing my DH to get all slots available fitted with Flawless Royals. Lot's of money I have not. I am enjoying this goldfind buff/fix they implemented in the patch though. Seeing lots of 15k+ gold drops on monsters on t2 and t3

30. Re: Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses May 15, 2014, 16:43 Cram

Mr. Tact wrote on May 15, 2014, 16:26:
PHJF wrote on May 15, 2014, 15:32:
Considering the only gems of any value are Marquise gems...? So that's, what, six slots in your stash?
And the five types above it, at least. That's 25 slots. Plus if you want to keep some of the pre-RoS ones when you build new characters..

Let me be a pack rat if I want to. Sell me tabs!

One quick note, you can use Marquise on your lvl 1 chars. There is no lvl requirement on gems anymore, so find a slotted weapon as quickly as possible and throw a red marquise or higher in it DPS+++ level on master diff or higher.

Edit: ah hell another point. I personally never store anything above flawless imperials in my stash, i always end up using them to reroll rings/amulets. I can't see the point in storing gems above flawless (especially of each color), if you're spending the money making royals and flawless royals you likely have an item you specifically want to put it in anyway.

It would still be nice if Blizzard introduced a "wallet" similar to what ANET did in Guild Wars 2 but include gems.

This comment was edited on May 15, 2014, 16:53.

11. Re: Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses May 15, 2014, 01:11 Cram

flechett3 wrote on May 15, 2014, 00:39:
Not only that, the expansion wasn't 50 unless you got the CE, and there's more than just 'one act.' You get the crusader and rifts, and rifts are (more often than not) very fun. Adventure mode with it's bounties makes the game feel a LOT more like d2 than vanilla d3.

Don't feed the angry trollchild with facts.

7. Re: Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses May 14, 2014, 23:47 Cram

Slick wrote on May 14, 2014, 22:53:
derp

Go on

News Comments > WildStar Beta Open To All
4. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 8, 2014, 10:57 Cram

Gas Bandit wrote on May 8, 2014, 10:46:
Welcome to the WildStar Beta! Your key is:

(blank space)

Head over to the NCsoft login page and add it! An e-mail with this key is already sent to you!

(checks e-mail... nothing there)

Welp!

Same issue here, I imagine they'll have that fixed soon.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week
1. Re: Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week May 2, 2014, 18:28 Cram

Sweeeeeet  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Specs
33. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Specs May 2, 2014, 17:41 Cram

Keeping my eye opened for one of those preorder deals that places like Green Men Gaming or Gamefly have; like Gamefly just had for Thief preorder at 25% off. I am pretty excited for the game, loved RtCW and Wolf 2009 single player campaigns. Played through both multiple times. Simple pleasures.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
9. Re: Morning Patches Apr 10, 2014, 16:47 Cram

Verno wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 16:17:
Not to mention, that's exactly how professional farmers and botters operate

These people don't really matter anymore with the auction house being gone though. You can't even trade gold anymore. It's so easy to make money and get items that the incentive to bother with that stuff is gone too. If someone gets their enjoyment from farming the same chest 1000 times it literally doesn't affect me anymore. I kind of get where they're coming from with creators vision and all that stuff but it feels like whack a mole sometimes and I have to wonder why even bother, it's not like this game has sub fees or something.

This, exactly.

I have not participated in Unique/Chest Farming, fwiw. I'm not hurt by this so don't care all that much. However, big picture, what one person does in RoS has no effect on another, until Blizzard decides they want to play god. Let people do what they want, stop trying to herd people into another part of the game. Buff other areas/zones all you want, but stop telling your playerbase "no, you can't have this and you can't do that". It doesn't matter anymore, it doesn't hurt a single person or the economy (which does not really exist anymore) if people want to do the same boring farm over and over.

News Comments > Morning Patches
5. Re: Morning Patches Apr 10, 2014, 14:24 Cram

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 13:11:
and farming a guaranteed unique spawn over and over again is just lame.

Depends on who you ask. Comment reminded me of LoD. Pindleskin is essentially identical to what the Manglemaw and other uniques situation was.

The meph teleport run and Baal runs (both had guarenteed uniques before the boss encounter) also come to mind. These were what almost every PVE Diablo2 LoD player did, nothing else unless you were leveling an alt. Edit: That did change slightly after ...v1.13? With the torch, but that came years and years later.

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 2014, 14:29.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo