Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 730 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Feb 26, 2015, 15:59 Cram

There are some good things going on in 2.20, agreed.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person
8. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person Feb 26, 2015, 13:30 Cram

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 13:19:
I don't really care one way or the other. There are many other aspects of the game that require a devs attention.

I really like the game but there's no argument here. They've done so much to improve QoL since launch, but so many other launch issues that really need to be addressed still exist. Then there's a few boneheaded things they've done since after launch, like the whole personal story reorganization that made no sense and essentially broke it.

News Comments > Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia
24. Re: Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia Feb 22, 2015, 00:09 Cram

Keilun wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 23:31:
Redmask wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 20:08:
Keilun wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 11:08:
Too true. I mean look at character transfers in WoW. I'm sure it's a simple automated process that runs now. But they charge $25 per character. I mean really? On top of the subscription and on top of buying the game $25?? I get that they want to put a barrier in there to prevent abuse, but there are other ways to achieve that without lining their pockets, but you know how it goes...

Or perhaps the more ridiculous service charge: Name change service... $10 a pop.

All of that stuff has a design cost, SQL queries don't make themselves. I do agree with you that its way too much money but ultimately they're giving people what they want. If the price was really too high people wouldn't pay it. It makes me sad that people are that lame to pay $25 for a few lines of SQL but that's how it goes. Shit is way worse in the mobile world, Blizzard looks downright saintly by comparison.

I'd be pretty surprised if they hadn't already automated this process from the start. Sure there's a design cost, but isn't that the point of the subscription fee? To maintain the service and add new features. One could easily consider the design cost of these transfers as a new "feature".

Scale it back and consider the name change service. You can't tell me that the "design cost" of that feature was extensive enough to warrant $10 a pop. That one is flat out monetization of a simple service.

Either way the point is, some people are willing to pay it and now it's almost expected/standard practice, which is unfortunate because it really was a big reason for me stopping my WoW subscription. If I was able to still play with active friends, it would have made the boredom of the alt grind a lot more tolerable. So because they wanted to bilk customers out of $25 per transfer (char or faction), they lost a steady subscription. I can't imagine I'm the only one in that position, so you'd think someone in charge would have the business sense to rethink that practice.

Part of me says this is how the world works. If people are wiling to pay your price for a service, why fuck with a good thing? Then again, with a game that's subscription continuously fluctuates, why not be nice to keep a hold of some of them?

At the end of the day, Blizzard is part of a publicly held company, whose sole responsibility is to bring $ to its shareholders. I wish they'd realize there is still money to be made without fleecing people just because some of them are willing to rack up their credit cards. Torn on this.

Keep in mind, Blizzard isn't above realizing their mistakes. While the D3 AH should never has existed in the first place, it still provided them with revenue. They shut that down, for a variety of reasons, effectively making Diablo 3 no longer a revenue generator beyond sales of the game and expansion. Here come the microtransations, sure, but they've shown they are willing to take a hit when it is damn well called for. Maybe they will soon relent of their unnecessary Name Change and Server Transfer charges.

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2015, 00:15.

News Comments > Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia
1. Re: Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia Feb 20, 2015, 18:56 Cram

Sounds identical to Guild Wars 2's system (and probably a lot of other games' systems). I have only one issue.

They really should give players several more stash pages at least, for free. The nightmare stories I heard about players dealing with their season 1 characters after they were transferred to non-season. Yikes.

News Comments > Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview
8. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 02:03 Cram

I'd like the whole Trials thing to get your Greater Rift key to go away completely.

That'd be nice.

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X Specs
10. Re: Mortal Kombat X Specs Feb 5, 2015, 02:10 Cram

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 23:21:
Wallshadows wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 17:36:
$100 for the ultra mega digital platinum collector edition. That said, I remember buying MK3 for the Genesis for $79.99 + tax at K-Mart in 1996 which, according to inflation, would be $111.02 before taxes so maybe I'm the sucker for not getting the $100 package.

Holy crap I didnt realize Genesis carts were that expensive! I never paid more than $59.99 for any SNES game that I can recall, never owned a sega console before though, besides a saturn I traded for a digital camera that took 3.5 inch floppies as film (some sony monstrosity..)

In '94, in Canada, Super Street Fighter II was 89.99, Super Metroid was 79.99-89.99, Final Fantasy III (VI) was 99.99 - 119.99 depending on stores. In 95, Chrono Trigger was 114.99 in Vancouver (I still have the Receipt from Master Players in North Van).

News Comments > Diablo III Celebrates Patch With Buffs
15. Re: Diablo III Celebrates Patch With Buffs Jan 15, 2015, 14:36 Cram

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 12:24:
After posting here about my single uber goblin last night, I ran across a pack of SEVENTEEN of the buggers in a rift, including two gem hoarders and two odious collectors (crafting mat goblins). They were in the big cell on the prison map, so they had nowhere to run and I slaughtered them all! Came away with 200+ gems (I've been wearing the new Broken Crown, which doubles gem drops), a handful of set items, and I don't know what else. One of those rare occasions where the entire screen is covered with item labels, and stuff was piled up so densely that I could see half of it didn't even have labels visible.. You know how it starts doing that thing, where the labels stack up in a column and then run off the screen in a row at the top, so clicking forever on items didn't seem to have any affect. XD

lol I had a similar story. They all got backed up against a wall and melted. One of them was the Legendary dropping Goblin. Small moments like that, good times.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 31, 2014, 22:09 Cram

2.3 was one hell of an upgrade over 2.2 on the S1. Having been using Android for about four years now, no update has impressed me as much as 2.3 did over 2.2/2.1. The whole having to restart your phone once a day thing on 2.2/2.1, to going with 2.3 and having your phone last over 1000hrs before a restart was a nice touch.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Oct 26, 2014, 00:08 Cram

Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 23:45:
Despite saying I wouldn't get it at release I broke down and bought it a few days ago. Having fun but not sure I like the emphasis on being above ground, to me the best part of the game is still dungeon crawling.

This is a fair point, if you've completely beat the game, which you haven't. I mean completely. Do not get discouraged and enjoy the ride ffs.

Good luck in the Cemetery and Pyramid, seems like that's what you want to experience. Good luck in those areas bud.

1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 25, 2014, 10:34 Cram

Grimrock  

News Comments > Mythos: The Beginning Trailer
1. Re: Mythos: The Beginning Trailer Oct 25, 2014, 10:29 Cram

Flagship Studios.

Now there is a name I have not heard in a long time.

12. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2014, 01:11 Cram

Quinn wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 05:29:
Why do you guys find it better than the similar Might & Magic game that came out this year? Genuine inquiry. Personally I loved the M&M game and Grimrock 1 paled under its awesomeness.

I am not a veteran of this genre by any means. I have not heard of this Might and Magic game.

I hope it says something that only having played very few games in this genre, this being my game of the year so far among many games I've played this year says something uniquely positive about Grimrock 2. I will look into this new Might and Magic game, I am intrigued.

4. Re: Game Reviews Oct 21, 2014, 11:53 Cram

PHJF wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 10:51:
Grimrock is the best game I've played this year.

This.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 15, 2014, 23:40 Cram

Few Hours in. Grimrock 1, evolved. I always wanted to take Grimrock 1's gameplay and take it outside. That said, there is still a lot of inside (dungeons).

Graphics improved, atmosphere improved significantly, party creation improved, leveling system improved. If you liked Grimrock 1, this is for you. If you didn't, pass. It seems to be taking the best of the first game and expanding on it big time but its foundation is still very Grimrock 1

News Comments > MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers?
4. Re: MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers? Sep 13, 2014, 13:56 Cram

I wouldn't mind this if it worked, and didn't require ****ing me in the ass in the process  

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
36. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 31, 2014, 17:16 Cram

Well, no Krovven they really do not work fine. They release a patch to the PTR and it lasts for month(s), and this is the product. The fact they need the user to take any actions at all to fix their mistakes proves they do not work fine at all.

THAT said, Krovven is correct that Blizzard have posted just about everywhere they can how the user and spend 30 seconds fixing the issue. The user shouldn't have to do this at all, but it literally takes 30 seconds. Not excusing Blizzard, but like a lot of games on the PC that deal with silly bugs the user can easily fix them on their own.

As for trades, I don't miss them and again Krovven is correct because you can get almost any piece of gear you want with a little effort now through multiple avenues. Now if you're one of those people that want a perfect Calamity and want to trade for it, well you obviously must have the near impossible to get perfect of another item if you're even suggesting you want to trade for it. Trades are not missed, or necessary.

In my opinion, anyway.

32. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 31, 2014, 10:46 Cram

Absolutely, have SweetFX going for Guild Wars 2. So much better.  

30. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 31, 2014, 10:27 Cram

DarkD3 user here too, "Strongest" setting. Seems the website is gone, better back up those files.  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 in Beta; iOS LoG Announced
1. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 in Beta; iOS LoG Announced Aug 21, 2014, 21:13 Cram

I am excite.  

4. Re: Game Reviews Jul 9, 2014, 10:54 Cram

Maybe old news, I think a couple people on this site were waiting for a GOG release  

730 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo