Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 744 (Apprentice)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Anniversary Encownters
3. Re: Diablo III Anniversary Encownters May 15, 2015, 21:08 Cram

Icewind wrote on May 15, 2015, 21:04:
Bring back Ogden's Tavern.
His ale prices sucked. Still, at least he was appreciative every time I returned.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW @ 7.1M Subs
1. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW @ 7.1M Subs May 6, 2015, 21:02 Cram

I believe that is the most epic 3-month timeframe subscription disaster in the games history.

oh oh.

News Comments > Diablo III Blood Shard Bans
16. Re: Diablo III Blood Shard Bans Apr 25, 2015, 19:23 Cram

Due to the nature of the exploit, and the steps needed to take advantage of it, I don't have any problem with the bans.

I wish they could improve their bot detection technology, I suppose you could call it their DRM. It's definitely a problem, and one I, foolishly, hoped wouldn't exist by Blizzard making the game online only. Silly me.

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Tribes Detailed
2. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Tribes Detailed Apr 16, 2015, 21:19 Cram

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 20:12:
What a fluff piece...

Yep, as the pieces have been for weeks. Every fluff piece like this just tells me the expansion will release far later and later then I thought it was going to be.

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches Apr 15, 2015, 01:23 Cram

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 23:17:
They need to hotfix in a better drop/salvage rate on Arcane Dust. I often have more Forgotten Souls than them and it just feels broken.

It's the Common Debris that I have a problem with. I pick up all Blue items, ignore all Yellows, during whatever run to keep up on Arcanes. But for those first few days of a season, you don't have enough of anything and it sucks. It's also what makes new seasons fun.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 3 Begins
1. Re: Diablo III Season 3 Begins Apr 11, 2015, 16:28 Cram

Pretty disappointed with a few people on friends/clan lists that got bots to run them to 70 in less then an hour. To reach his own I guess. Kinda defeats the point for me. Edit: To clarify, they weren't running bots, they joined games run by one that was running t6 rifts not very long after the season launched.

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2015, 16:34.

News Comments > Larian Plans Annual Releases
1. Re: Larian Plans Annual Releases Apr 9, 2015, 19:12 Cram

I wouldn't mind a sequel (aka Divinity 3) to Dragonknight Saga in similar third person perspective gameplay. Really liked the Saga release of the game and expansion that fixed a lot of problems Ego Draconis had at launch, Damian also needs his head bashed in.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2015, 00:32 Cram

Kudos, Anet.  

News Comments > Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus
5. Re: Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus Mar 22, 2015, 22:09 Cram

SM0k3 wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 21:52:
jacobvandy wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 21:46:
Well to get around that, just let people turn gold into blood shards somehow.

Like that idea!

I do too, but while I can't provide links to Blue posts to this comment I am sure Blizzard have made it clear a few times (post AH closure) they don't want to bring back Gold gambling like in D2. That would probably include trading gold for shards.

I do like the idea.

News Comments > Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus
1. Re: Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus Mar 22, 2015, 21:18 Cram

Gold needs a better use in the game; except for the first week of making a new seasonal char where Forgotten Souls and Gold are scarce for rerolls, it becomes useless quickly afterwards.

I'm sitting on over 2 billion in season 2 just by doing GRifts and it keeps on growing. Wtf am I supposed to do with it?

News Comments > New Diablo III Season Next Month
4. Re: New Diablo III Season Next Month Mar 20, 2015, 23:05 Cram

Season 1 and 2 were very different. Season 2 was a hell of a lot better in every respect (EDIT except, imo, maybe season length).

Looking forward to Season 3; but I do have a minor qualm with a season lasting less then 2 months. Season 1 may have lasted too long (or not depending on your thoughts on patch changes during that time), but this was pretty damn short.

Carry on.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2015, 23:13.

News Comments > Descent: Underground Single-Player Details
12. Re: Descent: Underground Single-Player Details Mar 15, 2015, 19:06 Cram

Desperation. Money grab. Pass.

Singleplayer should have been detailed without a separate update off of the bat, not after people voiced their opinions and they went "oh oh" to themselves. Add to that, all I get from their updated description is that we're going to scramble to get some rushed crap into release and think about real single player later, maybe.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Gameplay Footage
2. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Gameplay Footage Mar 10, 2015, 10:24 Cram

Appears to be a day one buy  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Mar 9, 2015, 12:54 Cram

Abandon thread  

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Feb 26, 2015, 15:59 Cram

There are some good things going on in 2.20, agreed.  

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person
8. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person Feb 26, 2015, 13:30 Cram

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 13:19:
I don't really care one way or the other. There are many other aspects of the game that require a devs attention.

I really like the game but there's no argument here. They've done so much to improve QoL since launch, but so many other launch issues that really need to be addressed still exist. Then there's a few boneheaded things they've done since after launch, like the whole personal story reorganization that made no sense and essentially broke it.

News Comments > Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia
24. Re: Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia Feb 22, 2015, 00:09 Cram

Keilun wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 23:31:
Redmask wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 20:08:
Keilun wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 11:08:
Too true. I mean look at character transfers in WoW. I'm sure it's a simple automated process that runs now. But they charge $25 per character. I mean really? On top of the subscription and on top of buying the game $25?? I get that they want to put a barrier in there to prevent abuse, but there are other ways to achieve that without lining their pockets, but you know how it goes...

Or perhaps the more ridiculous service charge: Name change service... $10 a pop.

All of that stuff has a design cost, SQL queries don't make themselves. I do agree with you that its way too much money but ultimately they're giving people what they want. If the price was really too high people wouldn't pay it. It makes me sad that people are that lame to pay $25 for a few lines of SQL but that's how it goes. Shit is way worse in the mobile world, Blizzard looks downright saintly by comparison.

I'd be pretty surprised if they hadn't already automated this process from the start. Sure there's a design cost, but isn't that the point of the subscription fee? To maintain the service and add new features. One could easily consider the design cost of these transfers as a new "feature".

Scale it back and consider the name change service. You can't tell me that the "design cost" of that feature was extensive enough to warrant $10 a pop. That one is flat out monetization of a simple service.

Either way the point is, some people are willing to pay it and now it's almost expected/standard practice, which is unfortunate because it really was a big reason for me stopping my WoW subscription. If I was able to still play with active friends, it would have made the boredom of the alt grind a lot more tolerable. So because they wanted to bilk customers out of $25 per transfer (char or faction), they lost a steady subscription. I can't imagine I'm the only one in that position, so you'd think someone in charge would have the business sense to rethink that practice.

Part of me says this is how the world works. If people are wiling to pay your price for a service, why fuck with a good thing? Then again, with a game that's subscription continuously fluctuates, why not be nice to keep a hold of some of them?

At the end of the day, Blizzard is part of a publicly held company, whose sole responsibility is to bring $ to its shareholders. I wish they'd realize there is still money to be made without fleecing people just because some of them are willing to rack up their credit cards. Torn on this.

Keep in mind, Blizzard isn't above realizing their mistakes. While the D3 AH should never has existed in the first place, it still provided them with revenue. They shut that down, for a variety of reasons, effectively making Diablo 3 no longer a revenue generator beyond sales of the game and expansion. Here come the microtransations, sure, but they've shown they are willing to take a hit when it is damn well called for. Maybe they will soon relent of their unnecessary Name Change and Server Transfer charges.

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2015, 00:15.

News Comments > Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia
1. Re: Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia Feb 20, 2015, 18:56 Cram

Sounds identical to Guild Wars 2's system (and probably a lot of other games' systems). I have only one issue.

They really should give players several more stash pages at least, for free. The nightmare stories I heard about players dealing with their season 1 characters after they were transferred to non-season. Yikes.

News Comments > Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview
8. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 02:03 Cram

I'd like the whole Trials thing to get your Greater Rift key to go away completely.

That'd be nice.

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X Specs
10. Re: Mortal Kombat X Specs Feb 5, 2015, 02:10 Cram

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 23:21:
Wallshadows wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 17:36:
$100 for the ultra mega digital platinum collector edition. That said, I remember buying MK3 for the Genesis for $79.99 + tax at K-Mart in 1996 which, according to inflation, would be $111.02 before taxes so maybe I'm the sucker for not getting the $100 package.

Holy crap I didnt realize Genesis carts were that expensive! I never paid more than $59.99 for any SNES game that I can recall, never owned a sega console before though, besides a saturn I traded for a digital camera that took 3.5 inch floppies as film (some sony monstrosity..)

In '94, in Canada, Super Street Fighter II was 89.99, Super Metroid was 79.99-89.99, Final Fantasy III (VI) was 99.99 - 119.99 depending on stores. In 95, Chrono Trigger was 114.99 in Vancouver (I still have the Receipt from Master Players in North Van).

744 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo