Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cram

Real Name Cram   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cram
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 22, 2006, 05:10
Total Comments 779 (Graduate)
User ID 24692

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October
1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October Aug 29, 2015, 13:55 Cram

Excite!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Trine 3's Length and Future
11. Re: On Trine 3's Length and Future Aug 22, 2015, 19:55 Cram

TB's WTF is Trine3 video was interesting, if a little sad. He starts off fine, in an ok mood but as the video goes on he becomes more and more depressed and then upset. Unfortunate.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Aug 18, 2015, 20:54 Cram

I'm probably among the many that got a "23% Discount" for this and other GMG titles today in my email; I'm tempted. Anyone from Blues with some thoughts?  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Underway
9. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Underway Aug 9, 2015, 00:21 Cram

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 23:35:
Is this game still considered "skill" based?

Or did they introduce skill/gear grind, aka time played>skill.

Time played gets you rare skins/legendaries/ascended items that just barely boost your stats etc. Skill > Played.

So I know this is beta (beta is beta), but I think this is the third beta using the same area of Verdant Brink, and the same events are still completely broken in this beta vs the previous ones. What's worse, they are part of a event chain, and break after you've already spent a significant time on them. I actually want to complete them for the exp to unlock further gliding masteries and try them out but I'm stuck just grinding monsters. I'm bored to tears and done with the beta. This worries me that knowing if they can't get these events sorted out, who knows how broken the state of the game may be within the next four months (they say it will launch this year). I also tried to make a couple other chars now to try them out, but I was the only person in the silverwastes map and could not complete the very first event by myself to move onto Verdant, need more people. Pretty infuriating.

I will say that Verdant Brink looks amazing visually. Probably the best looking map in the game, just from what I've seen and I don't think I'm saying that just because the zone is new. The detail is insane.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Metroid Jun 18, 2015, 19:14 Cram

I don't get Nintendo here either or what in the hell they are thinking with the Metroid franchise. Or most of their franchises, for that matter.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity White March Expansion Details
9. Re: Pillars of Eternity White March Expansion Details Jun 17, 2015, 02:08 Cram

the people that live under the bridge haven't killed me yet  

5. Re: Pillars of Eternity White March Expansion Details Jun 17, 2015, 01:57 Cram

Slick wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 01:44:
jeez, been out a few weeks and they're already shoving expansion packs down our throat? I bet this is going to cost $650 with all the DLC, i bet the bean counters at paradox and obsidian are just wetting their lips. why do game devs only care about profits? so greedy.

They said they were going to, quickly, develop expansions for the game during its actual kickstarter and post kickstarter interviews. The game was delayed almost exactly a year after their original expected release date due to stretch goals and content development. What timeframe is acceptable until an expansion is allowed to be announced. Key word "announced". $650, what?

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Eternal Conflict Details
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Eternal Conflict Details Jun 17, 2015, 00:16 Cram

This looks cool, I guess. I just have a massive barrier to entry, I suck at this crap. I'm too old and don't have enough time to bother trying to get better at this genre.

This shit is annoying, pumping out content for a franchise you love ( Diablo ) for a genre you will not touch (this shit). It may not be "real content" in the terms you'd expect content to be for say another expansion, but it's Diablo none the less and it tickles me good. I'll, sadly, never try it.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2015, 00:21.

2. Re: Pillars of Eternity White March Expansion Details Jun 17, 2015, 00:13 Cram

Welcome aboard, expansion.
Looks good.

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed
6. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed Jun 16, 2015, 23:55 Cram

nin wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 23:47:
Cram wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 23:40:
The scope of what this game apparently is supposed to be sounds absolutely ridiculous.

I will be watching this one.

It is. I really worry about it living up to everyones expectations. Guess we'll see...

I just imagine repetitive "random generated" scenarios. after a couple dozen hours you've seen them all, and every star offers nothing new.

I am told by a friend that has followed this longer than I have, that this isn't the case. There's some whatever tech that actually makes everything unique. I need to research this one more.

I can't just accept that, after what the E3 presentation showed, there are something like 100000+ unique star systems in this game. That's absurd, and yet I'm interested to learn a lot more.

News Comments > Bethesda E3 Showcases
9. Re: Bethesda E3 Showcases Jun 16, 2015, 23:48 Cram

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 23:33:
Cutter wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 23:21:
Probably because PC is an afterthought for them. It's not like they spend a dime more than they have to knowing the PC community will do it for them. Thing I hate about all of these E3 presentations are the fucking fanboys cheering over the smallest, dumbest shit. I'd just once love to see an audience stick it to them, 'Wtf are with the ancient console graphics? Why don't you pricks do a proper PC for once you cheap bastards?!'

Yeah because HD Textures were included in the console versions of the game? Or mod tools?

Cutter.. NAP TIME NOW!

I imagine the actual developers had a general idea of the power modders had on the PC, but the publishers didn't give a shit. I wonder if there was one actual intelligent person in the Zenimax (the pubslisher doucheclowns Bethesda has to answer to) corporate ladder that had the forsight to realize how amazing the power of the PC would be for Skyrim and what it would do for the game.

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed
2. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed Jun 16, 2015, 23:40 Cram

The scope of what this game apparently is supposed to be sounds absolutely ridiculous.

I will be watching this one.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 16, 2015, 21:54 Cram

I've been steadily laughing about the presentation, the host and the set during this presentation. Not in a mean way, it's just so amazingly cheesy.

Waiting for Arena Net, and a surprise or two hopefully. Phil Spencer made me

News Comments > Bethesda E3 Showcases
3. Re: Bethesda E3 Showcases Jun 16, 2015, 20:44 Cram

Sho wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 20:26:
Something about Doom feels a bit off. The enemies stand around very statically at times. I like the minimalist HUD/UI, though.

I see what you're saying, about the demo and monsters. Kinda exactly like Doom 1 and 2....

News Comments > Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded
39. Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded Jun 16, 2015, 20:18 Cram

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 19:03:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLRWL0s0l10

Loved the vid, here's an extended one that included their FFVII reaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p5OUaWoI3k

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. FFVII Jun 16, 2015, 09:33 Cram

To clarify, the announcement specifically was "Coming first to PS4", adding to the possible PC edition hype.

PC seems likely, with SE's recent releases of FFVII and FFXIII for PC.

News Comments > Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded
1. Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded Jun 16, 2015, 09:29 Cram

Grats to Yu Suzuki. $29 donation for a digital PC copy sounds ok.

I found Sony announcing his Kickstarter felt pretty weird, adding further questions regarding publishers involvement in Kickstarter campaigns.

News Comments > Fallout 4 in November
39. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 15, 2015, 01:10 Cram

Slick wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 01:03:
good thing you edited out your personal attack, you're obviously taking the high road

Because it was an absolutely stupid thing to say and dumb knee jerk reaction, I like to think I am above that and I apologize.

32. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 15, 2015, 01:01 Cram

@Slick

A lot of people on this forum would love to have an actual converstion or debate, but your post (#14) just came out attacking the opinions of BluesNews regulars first before discussing your thoughts on the game. What reaction did you honestly expect?

"jesus, it's so embarrassing how people can get so excited for some things, and completely gloss over the abhorrent garbage. "

You invited the hate on purpose. We call this trolling. If you had actually wanted to have a discussion, you would have gone about your post VERY differently. Bye.

28. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 15, 2015, 00:53 Cram

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 00:51:
No, you're absolutely right. We should start a petition or something, man, something has to be done about it! Fallout 4 looks exactly the fucking same as Oblivion! I can't believe I've been so blind, it's uncanny: http://i.imgur.com/q8iFFXL.jpg

Wtf? There are Knights and 2006 hyper realistic castle towns in Fallout 4?

Woah.

779 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo