Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Straylight

Real Name Straylight   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 16, 2006, 13:54
Total Comments 51 (Suspect)
User ID 24671

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands
1. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Access Expands Aug 7, 2014, 10:18 Straylight

I received an invite to this a few days ago, the game looks beautiful as always. I'm not terribly interested in dogfighting as much as trading, piracy and capital ships.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Trainz: A New Era Preorderz
2. Re: Trainz: A New Era Preorderz Jul 9, 2014, 15:35 Straylight

"Preorderz" - Lol.  

News Comments > Titanfall Frontier's Edge DLC Announced
2. Re: Titanfall Frontier's Edge DLC Announced Jul 8, 2014, 15:49 Straylight

The thing I hear most about this game is what I suspected when it first came out. That is, no matter how interesting it seemed when released, there didn't seem like enough variety to warrant a full $60 game.

I think I confirmed this for myself when I played the "2 day time-release" version - I didn't see a reason to buy the thing.

Also given how appreciative the playerbase was to have a sudden influx of players I got the idea that the audience was waning. Normally veterans of a game bitch about noobs and this and that, but everyone I spoke to in lobbies and games were really nice.

Its a sad state of affairs (or the internet?) when respect is indicative of low game population.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access
21. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 13:00 Straylight

Not really impressed with the beta, especially because it has all the 'netcode hallmarks' of the BF games; Getting shot around corners, etc. It was fun for a few hours but not really worth $15 let alone $60. This will be a full game? not really much variety.  

News Comments > Nether Leaves Early Access
3. Re: Nether Leaves Early Access Jun 6, 2014, 19:04 Straylight

It's Worse than a DAYZ clone, there is nothing to do in this game. I gambled and lost with Early Access and this one... its just terrible.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Naval Strike DLC Released
11. Re: Battlefield 4 Naval Strike DLC Released Apr 16, 2014, 07:08 Straylight

After the 1000th time being shot through/ around over I looked into this tick rate thing.

I might as well be playing counter strike with my 56k modem. The only difference is that its harder to see lag, but easier to become a victim of it.I just up and gave up on this game.

That crap is soooo frustrating...

News Comments > Arma 3 Zeus Free DLC Released
4. Re: Arma 3 Zeus Free DLC Released Apr 13, 2014, 03:08 Straylight

Well, I played it.

In the right hands its a fun and fascinating version of the 'director' in left for dead. Dynamic and pretty awesome.

Unfortunately, 90% of the time it was used to spawn explosive death machines for all the game masters buddies while they bring the framerates of the server to single digits.

I guess you need to find a server where this feature is used and not abused.

News Comments > Arma 3 Zeus Free DLC Released
1. Re: Arma 3 Zeus Free DLC Released Apr 11, 2014, 11:51 Straylight

This feature seems pretty fantastic if its implemented well. Although, I have to wonder how much worse the framerates for this game will be.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Double XP Weekend
3. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Double XP Weekend Nov 8, 2013, 07:29 Straylight

Simple Batman, they want you to buy the latest one. I played 10 minutes of it myself and am pretty unimpressed.  

News Comments > PC Destiny Talk
9. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 13:11 Straylight

Agreed,

Which is tragic considering how long Ive been a fan of Bungie (Pathways into Darkness, MYTH, ONI, Marathon). I also cant play FPS on a controller, and why should I when I have a mouse?

I'm really interested in this franchise but Ill be damned if I'm going to buy a new super-invasive-console to play it. I think the good news is that Bungie can really do their own thing now, they aren't bound to one platform or another.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 4, 2013, 15:14 Straylight

I'd rather not encourage them.  

News Comments > Skyrim Beta Patch
2. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 4, 2013, 13:58 Straylight

"Fixed rare instance of couriers who would appear only dressed in a hat"

Ha, naked couriers? I never saw that, was this a common occurrence?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 4, 2013, 13:46 Straylight

I'm with you Creston, I can't help but feel I'm missing some major point with that Buzzfeed article.

(by the way I laughed out loud at the niche article "9 left handed heartthrobs from the 80's).

Thats not to say I like Buzzfeed, they're almost as obnoxious as mgid.

News Comments > Destiny Announced for Consoles
31. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 18, 2013, 00:47 Straylight

You're grown men. Stop being petty, stop exaggerating, and stop blindly hating. I'm all for thinking Halo games suck, but I'll never say to someone at Bungie "gee, aren't you guys stupid for being one of the most successful studios of all time!"

Beamer, as we say in the DAYZ community. You have my beans sir.

News Comments > Games for Windows LIVE Issue
14. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Issue Feb 11, 2013, 20:01 Straylight

YES i do remember, I remember buying Kane and Lynch (I know i know) and only being able to play anyone online via GFWL PAID version.  

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Game?
16. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 20:52 Straylight

I've always been convinced that the music and sound effects were half the budget of RTCW - they were phenomenal. Ill always love that score.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Portable Announced
9. Re: NVIDIA Portable Announced Jan 7, 2013, 10:48 Straylight

How is the WiiU? is that controller worth it? I always saw that thing as Nintendo tablet without the accessibility of android.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Details "Completely Fabricated"
9. Re: Mass Effect 4 Details Dec 14, 2012, 10:23 Straylight

Whats up with all the misinformation lately? First STALKER now this.  

News Comments > Xbox LIVE Hacking?
13. Re: Xbox LIVE Hacking? Oct 14, 2011, 16:47 Straylight

This happened to me, they spent $150 on ms points at 7:30 am. I don't play games online and use my Xbox mostly for movies. I reported this at end of August. THEN they told me this will take 30 days to investigate. THEN they told me that 30 BUSINESS days and I should stop asking for my money back so soon.

They can go fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned.

News Comments > APB-Reloaded Open Beta on Hold
3. Re: APB-Reloaded Open Beta on Hold May 19, 2011, 17:45 Straylight

Lets hope the "issues" they patching have something to do with the cheaters. I pretty much gave up in the closed beta it was so ridiculous.

Whats really frustrating is that you can see where these guys want to go with their game, they just aren't reaching a state of fun anywhere near what they were aiming for.

51 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo