Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Justin

Real Name Justin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Veengrd
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 24, 2006, 16:37
Total Comments 10 (Suspect)
User ID 24580

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed
46. Re: City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed Sep 1, 2012, 11:53 Veengrd

Congrats to all the great developers at Paragon who made this such a successful game for so long. The studio may be shutting down, but I'm sure all of you guys will land on your feet.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale May 15, 2010, 01:37 Veengrd

Haha, loved that.  

News Comments > Aion Bans
7. Re: Aion Bans Nov 24, 2009, 01:04 Veengrd

Go Lum!  

News Comments > Archon PC Remake Nears
15. Re: Archon PC Remake Nears Oct 8, 2009, 17:50 Veengrd

Archon was such a great game. I remember wasting countless hours with that on the C64. Looking forward to trying this out.  

News Comments > On Blizzard's 4th Game
2. Re: No subject Jul 2, 2008, 10:05 Veengrd

Come on Rob, everyone knows it's World of Starcraft. Just announced it

News Comments > Dawn of War 2 Dawning?
6. Re: WOOT! Mar 11, 2008, 16:52 Veengrd

The Dawn of War games are fantastic. I really hope Relic and THQ keep this franchise alive. It's a shame Iron Lore went down, Soulstorm is a good entry.

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Launches
9. Re: Anyone still playing? Nov 2, 2007, 10:24 Veengrd

I really thought this game was going to be bad, but I've actually found it surprisingly fun to play. Granted I'm not that far into it, the fast paced, shooter take on the MMO genre is actually pretty fun.

My only real beef is that the hotkeys are confusing. Every RPG in existence uses 'I' for inventory and 'C' for character sheet. This game uses 'B' and 'P' respectively. I'm not sure what the motivation was behind that decision.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - WoW: The Burning Crusade
24. Re: Soul-Consumer Jan 16, 2007, 20:19 Veengrd

Who cares what the weather is outside when it's a beautiful day in Stranglethorn Vale?

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Bundle
19. Re: No subject Jul 20, 2006, 15:19 Veengrd

SWG was a horrible MMO when it shipped and continues to be a horrible game today. It's a waste of a great IP. If you enjoy MMOs there are plenty of other great games out there for you to play.

News Comments > Koster Leaves SOE
11. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2006, 11:50 Veengrd

Speak for yourself Nordy, I completely blame Koster for SWG failing. Koster is one of those extremely verbose people that likes to over-intellectualize MMO design because it creates the illusion of intelligence.

Star Wars is an amazing IP and SWG could have been one of the greatest games ever made. As a friend of mine at work suggested to me, Koster decided that in SWG, players would probably rather play a moisture farmer or a cantina dancer than a Jedi or a pilot. I just don't understand this.

10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo