Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 56 (Suspect)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > The International Ticket Sales
13. Re: The International Ticket Sales Mar 21, 2015, 19:20 Osc8r

Sepharo wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 16:16:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 09:01:
Oh and don't give me that nonsense about other sports, 99% of us can't do them, anyone can play a video game and become fairly proficient at it.

Proficient is not the same as professional.

Indeed. Some of the stuff they do in dota is insane, and the matches are epic to watch especially when there's 10 million on the line.

There's no reason i can't play the game, and watch the pro's - two completely different forms of entertainment.

And yes, i'm fairly proficient at quite a few sports as well...guess that means i shouldn't watch them?

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2015, 19:36.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The International Ticket Sales
10. Re: The International Ticket Sales Mar 21, 2015, 05:38 Osc8r

If i lived in the US i'd be there - they have some epic matches that put most sports to shame. I mean, millions of people watch golf, cricket, tennis...

TI4 was a bit of a let down though.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
37. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 17, 2015, 19:46 Osc8r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 18:39:
Osc8r wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 18:24:
Inspired by BG and Icewind but no parties or co-op?

First off, Heretic! Stone Him!

But seriously, there is a 6 person party you control, of NPCs(premade with their own dialogue) or custom PCs(called Adventurers here, IWD style). There are also some form of hirelings in one or more locations, which are some form of temporary/zone limited companions I believe.

From one of the PAX videos, Adventurers can be created at some point, but your character has to pay in game resources to get them into your party? I am not sure of the exact mechanics but it sounds like they won't be in your party at the start of the game.

No Coop though, as far as I know. I know there was a small segment of the IE game population that actually liked multiplayer, but it always seemed like the vast majority preferred single player. I'm in the single player camp, myself.

Divinity:Original Sin does have coop though, for your coop rpg fix!

Cheers mate! I actually spent a few minutes trying to remember the name of Divinity to see if they had any plans for an expansion / sequel any time soon - as i'm in need for another fix!

Don't know why, but single player games get boring to me really quick these days (have they even improved ai since the 90's?). And although i recall playing NWN, ID, and BG single player back in the days once i discovered co-op it just added way more re-playability and fun into the equation.

Oh well, back to waiting for a true 'classic' BG RPG and a decent RTS or two

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
33. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 17, 2015, 18:24 Osc8r

Inspired by BG and Icewind but no parties or co-op?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End
49. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 18:21 Osc8r

This game is still going? I've played MMO's since UO and i have to say, these game was one of the most mundane and boring i've played to date.

If you get your kicks out of lore maybe the game offers a different experience, but the quests and combat are dull as all fook IMO.

And hell, even WOW's PVP was better and that's about as bad as they come.

News Comments > Steam & Dota 2 Records
28. Re: Steam & Dota 2 Set Peak User Records Feb 17, 2015, 23:19 Osc8r

descender wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 10:33:
Hot damn, there is so much stupid in this thread.

After reading your post, i'd tend to be agreement with you.

So many lols!

You and Suppa would make a great couple, playing COD together pretending you are real soldiers

23. Re: Steam & Dota 2 Set Peak User Records Feb 16, 2015, 23:09 Osc8r

Suppa7, show me on the doll... where did the bad MOBA touch you?

Apparently moba's have a bad community, yet, now i remember why i usually don't read comments on bluesnews - starting a debate with a personal attack, really? Yet apparently your old enough to have played SC1 and Quake....

lel

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 2015, 23:24.

20. Re: Steam & Dota 2 Set Peak User Records Feb 16, 2015, 21:26 Osc8r

Sepharo wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 21:12:
Osc8r wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 16:47:
Want to see low skill ceiling games? Modern FPS and MMO's. But i guess it's just cool to hate MOBA's

Not that I agree with Suppa7... but now you're going the opposite direction and saying that (modern) FPS are low skill ceiling games? I think you must be confusing terms, FPS have a low barrier to entry, it's easy to hop in, learn the game relatively quickly, but the skill ceiling is very high. How's that saying go? Easy to become proficient but difficult to master... something like that.

MOBAs tend to have a high barrier to entry. There are specific strategies you need to know about if you ever hope to win a game or just simply not be yelled at by your team.

Skill ceiling really high? FPS are about reflexes mostly - now compare the pace of modern MMO's with Quake. Modern FPS's in general are garbage, designed for console kiddies with aim assist, and where multiplayer is an afterthought to the linear singleplayer campaign, cutscenes, and marketing.

Watch Dendi play dota, the game simply has way more complexity and thought process than any FPS game could ever dream of, plus it also requires amazing reflexes to boot.

Wonder why the top 100 e-sport earners are pretty much all MOBA or RTS players and not FPS'ers? And why 9 out the top 10 earners are from dota 2 and not CS? Nope, neither do i cause it's pretty damn obvious.

Only on bluesnews are MOBA considered 'easy mode' games.

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 2015, 21:35.

17. Re: Steam & Dota 2 Set Peak User Records Feb 16, 2015, 16:47 Osc8r

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 13:21:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 12:41:
1 million+ for DotA 2, 3 million+ for LoL? Wow, talk about bad taste, younger gaming community.

get off my lawn.

The masses don't have the reflexes for more complex RTS games like Starcraft. That's why MOBA's took off. MOBA's cater to the reflex retards and that's the majority of PC and console gamers sadly.

Games like Descent, Doom 2, Quake 3, Unreal 2004. Those are all high speed, high reflex, highly demanding on intelligence and reflexes to process that incoming visual information and make sense of it quickly.

The vast majority of humanity simply can't do that.

lol, i used to be competitive UT and quake 1 player, but there's no way i could ever compete in dota - the skill ceiling in that game is simply absurd.

Want to see low skill ceiling games? Modern FPS and MMO's. But i guess it's just cool to hate MOBA's

News Comments > DayZ Early Access Sells 3M
12. Re: DayZ Early Access Sells 3M Jan 24, 2015, 16:53 Osc8r

Dagnamit wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 14:25:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 14:10:
That said, if you want a PvP experience that is really unlike anything else (which is why it sells so well, btw), you might like it. Just seeing another player from a few thousand yards is enough to get my blood pumping. Screw the survival bullshit, the game is really all about the PvP.

See, that's how MMO's used to be, before WOW came along and turned them into the emotionless, grindfest crap we have today.

I'm just waiting for a version of dayz that's done in a decent engine.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Dropping Subscriptions in March
39. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Going F2P in March Jan 21, 2015, 20:15 Osc8r

Prez wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 19:23:
I'll try it out at some point buit if it as boring and mundane as Guild Wars 2 was/is, I will be done with it pretty quickly.

IMO it's even worse. I lasted about a month in GW2. 2 weeks was more than enough in ESO, it's just so damn boring.

News Comments > $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced
35. Re: $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced Jan 6, 2015, 16:41 Osc8r

Fion wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 14:11:
If you do nothing on your computer that has anything to do with sound, your virtually better off with the crappy onboard sound your mobo came with.

Lmao.

Sure buddy.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's "Biggest Entertainment Launch"; Series Tops $10B
21. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's Nov 20, 2014, 16:40 Osc8r

WOW repassed 10M subs.
COD tops 10B.

Modern gaming in a nutshell right there...
Cater to nubs, and the brain dead masses - profit.

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
61. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 8, 2014, 17:49 Osc8r

JeffD wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 03:30:
PropheT wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 18:34:
If that cinematic was "pretty laughable bad" then I have no f'ing clue what you'd think was actually good. Show that cinematic to people without telling them what it was from and they'd probably think it was Pixar.

The gameplay, though, is just TF2 mixed with Monday Night Combat. I was about as excited as I've been for a game in a while after the cinematic, and after the gameplay trailer all I am is disappointed that it's just another multiplayer team shooter.

I ment the cinimatic trailer was just a horrible story representation of the universe. Crashing an overwatch museum with stereotypical tongue in cheek gags? How are we supposed to take it even remotely serious?

As for "just another multiplayer team shooter".. are you fn kidding me.. did YOU even watch the gameplay trailer? You have 12...TWELVE Classes so far, each has there own skills and play style. Not all of them are twitch based front line assaults. And there will be MORE coming. The diversity of group combinations is going to be huge. Bigger then anything currently out there in the FPS market. And balance is paramount so if there is anyone who can do this right, it is either blizzard or ncsoft, so I am glad to see one of those doing it.

Even the trailer looked unbalanced. Oh look, i stealthed into a group of players and clicked one button and killed 5 players.

Sounds like a MMO trying to be a FPS.

Yay?

Like FPS's need to be more accessible or dumbed down. But hey, thats blizzards specialty!

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
55. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 8, 2014, 03:10 Osc8r

That looks... bad. Props on them if they are able to dumb down the COD genre though.  

News Comments > Layoffs at Turbine
10. Re: Layoffs at Turbine Oct 17, 2014, 17:52 Osc8r

AC3 - i.e. AC1 with improved graphics, and updated mechanics.

That's all i need.

Enough with these hello kitty / world of warcraft clones.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released
25. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released Oct 14, 2014, 18:54 Osc8r

Shineyguy wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 14:14:
LittleMe wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 12:10:
Well BL2 is awesome so if it's a lot like that, great! I've seen screenshots of this and it looks just fine as far as fidelity on PC. That said $60 is above my limit. I still haven't played any of the DLC for BL2 even.

You've no idea what you've missed on the BL2 DLC. they were fan-freaking-tastic. Tiny Tina and My Torgue especially.

I'm going to disagree there, i found most of DLC's to be pretty poor, some of them were really bad (like that pirate one). The Tiny Tina one was the only exception, which i really enjoyed - even more than the main game.

Think I'm pretty burnt out on borderlands now though, it gets fairly repetitive so i think i'll pass on this one and wait for BL3.

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
66. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 24, 2014, 19:09 Osc8r

Alamar wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 00:52:
Osc8r wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 18:31:
Shame they didn't cancel WOW instead, then maybe we wouldn't be left the mediocre, carebear, grindfest crap we are stuck with today.

Long live UO and AC1 Darktide.

In some way they only have themselves to blame. I used to play MMO's for the thing they did best... open world dynamic PVP in a massive world. Then they dumbed it down so much it became PVP in tiny arena's. Now why would anyone play an MMO for arena PVP, when you can pickup a MOBA and get right into it... without a mindless PVE and PVP point/gear grinds and complete with decent combat.

Now they are off to dumb down the MOBA genre instead. Yay!

WTB Warcraft 4.

Really? You're comparing WoW PvP with MOBA's and you think MOBA's aren't already dumbed down?

I sure am... PVP in MMO's is now instanced, tiny, minigame grind all thanks for wow and it's carebear PVP. No more large scale pvp in the open world, as all the kiddies cried 'grief'. So why put up with crappy MMO combat, pve/quest grinds, gear grinds, endless raids etc.. to gain access to crappy small scale PVP when other genres simply do it much better? And without all the boredom.

As for MOBA's been dumbed down, considering they are the largest e-sport in the world, and that the skill ceilings in these games is insane i'm going to say no. But give Blizzard a crack at it and i'm sure they can dumb it down to cater to the widest audience they can ... starting with 'your team levels up as one'.

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
33. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 18:31 Osc8r

Shame they didn't cancel WOW instead, then maybe we wouldn't be left the mediocre, carebear, grindfest crap we are stuck with today.

Long live UO and AC1 Darktide.

In some way they only have themselves to blame. I used to play MMO's for the thing they did best... open world dynamic PVP in a massive world. Then they dumbed it down so much it became PVP in tiny arena's. Now why would anyone play an MMO for arena PVP, when you can pickup a MOBA and get right into it... without a mindless PVE and PVP point/gear grinds and complete with decent combat.

Now they are off to dumb down the MOBA genre instead. Yay!

WTB Warcraft 4.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 2014, 18:41.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially?
39. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially? Sep 4, 2014, 18:48 Osc8r

Creston wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:12:
wraithnix wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 00:23:
This game is, well, boring. It's a single player game, with all the annoyances of MMOs (oh, you need to pick up this item to fulfill a quest? Somebody else just picked it up, so you'll have to wait for a bit until it respawns)

That that isn't instanced is beyond fucking ridiculous. What is this, 1998?

I wish it was, MMO's in 98-99 (UO and AC1) were brilliant sandbox games with amazing SKILL BASED PVP in a massive in a massive open world, and where quests actually took brainpower.

Not this collect x garbage and mini game style PVP, that revolves around grind grind grind and gear gear gear.

Thanks WOW for ruining the genre entirely.

As for ESO, i'm sorry that people lost there jobs but honestly... everyone saw this coming except for the deluded fanboys. Maybe one day dev's will learn.

56 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo