Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 65 (Suspect)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Age of Conan Turns Seven
22. Re: Age of Conan Turns Seven May 21, 2015, 18:48 Osc8r

Still about 10x better than WOW ever was - even though it was buggy as all hell.

Tortage was overrated. Linear as it gets, and who cares about voice acting really... oh right, PVErs

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hellraid in Limbo
7. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 18:46 Osc8r

Damn, that one actually one game i was looking forward to...

News Comments > Overwatch Video
35. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 18:43 Osc8r

Wow... that looks terrible, kinda like MMO combat and animations in a FPS?

This and their POS/dumbed down moba... *sigh*

Y NO WC4?

News Comments > EverQuest Emulator Legal
21. Re: EverQuest Emulator Legal May 6, 2015, 18:45 Osc8r

Sepharo wrote on May 6, 2015, 03:27:
In multiplayer games losing has consequence, you didn't win.
If you're not first you're last.

*meaningful consequence.
Looking at the end of match scoreboard for 5 seconds before it reset doesn't really count.

Like gambling with fake money vs real. One gets your heart pumping, the other is boring as fk.

Plus with MMO's it changes the entire game, politics actually matter, people have to think before they act, skill meant something - not gear, no more meaningless zerging, or coming back into battle right after death, pve isn't boring as fk because you are always looking over your shoulder etc etc...

These days you get a gold star and a pat on your back for dying.
PVE = gear grind so you can do better in PVP
PVP = point grind in instances for better gear, so you can do ever better at uhh... said PVP grind. Alternatively play musical castles and attack the wall for half an hour.

Fkn Yay! Console gaming at it's best.

News Comments > EverQuest Emulator Legal
17. Re: EverQuest Emulator Legal May 5, 2015, 19:34 Osc8r

Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 5, 2015, 16:37:
The risk versus rewards aspect of MMOs like EQ and Ultima Online is what made them fun. This is also why I play Eve Online (well not actually right now, parked my guy to train for a while since i'm back logged on other games like the witcher).

All these other video games are crazy boring because there's no risk.

This ^.

Even PVE was exciting back in the days, because dying actually had consequences.

And the PVP was fkn amazing. None of this thoughtless red = dead crap, and mindless zerging. Death hurt, meaning tactics and skill mattered, and there were lasting consequences for your and your guilds actions.

Shit was intense.

Now days PVE = grind. PVP = minigame grind. MMO = yawnfest.

Thank you WOW for carebearing/consolising an entire genre.

Darktide forever.
http://www.schattenkind.com/past-present/history.html

This comment was edited on May 5, 2015, 20:26.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm in June
10. Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 20, 2015, 23:30 Osc8r

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 22:55:
Lmao, should've known that would touch a fanboy nerve.

Considering i was actually trying to help you, sure thing buddy.

Lmao indeed.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm in June
6. Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 20, 2015, 22:17 Osc8r

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 22:03:
Tom wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 21:36:
Last hitting is just tiresome micromanagement IMO. Sure, it's highly skill based, but I'd bet it's more irritating than fun for most people. I give Blizzard credit for having the courage to dump it. (My perspective on this is purely LoL-based but I hear it's worse in DOTA2.)

This actually makes me a little more interested in trying the game. I played a little Dota 2 for the first time with a couple of experienced friends not too long ago, and they were teaching me how you do NOT attack creeps until the last second, which is incredibly counter-intuitive. It's tedious enough sitting around in a lane waiting for creeps to come to you (god forbid you push at the wrong time), so let's just avoid combat with them 90% of the time on top of that!

If you are sitting around doing nothing other than waiting for creeps to come to you - you are doing it wrong. But hey, if you are new then it's completely understandable! With time you learn how much depth the game really has.

Sitting there and auto attacking creeps is about as tedious as it comes IMO. Last hitting actually takes a lot of skill and practice, especially when there's other players there trying to deny/kill you. But then, that's only tiny part of the equation.

If you don't like last hitting, try playing a support. Look up purge video's on youtube for examples of this - there's a lot to learn!

Let me guess, Heroes of the Storm is blizzards latest attempt to dumb down yet another genre?

Yippee!

Should sell well.

But what's with the graphics and terrible animations? So clunky! I'm usually last to complain about something like this, but it looks like a mobile game for kiddies (admittedly, this is based solely on a few recent youtube vids i've watched).

-edit- Wait, there's no gear to buy? There's daily's / grinds? lmao. GG Blizzard, you never fail to disappoint.

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2015, 22:32.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
42. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 18:59 Osc8r

That's great and all. Now how about a co-op mode that isn't half assed in GTA VI?  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One
28. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 6, 2015, 19:23 Osc8r

I guess some people like boring MMO's with terrible combat - they must play for the lore or something.

Just goes to show there's fanboys for every game!

News Comments > The International Ticket Sales
13. Re: The International Ticket Sales Mar 21, 2015, 19:20 Osc8r

Sepharo wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 16:16:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 09:01:
Oh and don't give me that nonsense about other sports, 99% of us can't do them, anyone can play a video game and become fairly proficient at it.

Proficient is not the same as professional.

Indeed. Some of the stuff they do in dota is insane, and the matches are epic to watch especially when there's 10 million on the line.

There's no reason i can't play the game, and watch the pro's - two completely different forms of entertainment.

And yes, i'm fairly proficient at quite a few sports as well...guess that means i shouldn't watch them?

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2015, 19:36.

News Comments > The International Ticket Sales
10. Re: The International Ticket Sales Mar 21, 2015, 05:38 Osc8r

If i lived in the US i'd be there - they have some epic matches that put most sports to shame. I mean, millions of people watch golf, cricket, tennis...

TI4 was a bit of a let down though.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
37. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 17, 2015, 19:46 Osc8r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 18:39:
Osc8r wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 18:24:
Inspired by BG and Icewind but no parties or co-op?

First off, Heretic! Stone Him!

But seriously, there is a 6 person party you control, of NPCs(premade with their own dialogue) or custom PCs(called Adventurers here, IWD style). There are also some form of hirelings in one or more locations, which are some form of temporary/zone limited companions I believe.

From one of the PAX videos, Adventurers can be created at some point, but your character has to pay in game resources to get them into your party? I am not sure of the exact mechanics but it sounds like they won't be in your party at the start of the game.

No Coop though, as far as I know. I know there was a small segment of the IE game population that actually liked multiplayer, but it always seemed like the vast majority preferred single player. I'm in the single player camp, myself.

Divinity:Original Sin does have coop though, for your coop rpg fix!

Cheers mate! I actually spent a few minutes trying to remember the name of Divinity to see if they had any plans for an expansion / sequel any time soon - as i'm in need for another fix!

Don't know why, but single player games get boring to me really quick these days (have they even improved ai since the 90's?). And although i recall playing NWN, ID, and BG single player back in the days once i discovered co-op it just added way more re-playability and fun into the equation.

Oh well, back to waiting for a true 'classic' BG RPG and a decent RTS or two

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
33. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 17, 2015, 18:24 Osc8r

Inspired by BG and Icewind but no parties or co-op?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End
49. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 18:21 Osc8r

This game is still going? I've played MMO's since UO and i have to say, these game was one of the most mundane and boring i've played to date.

If you get your kicks out of lore maybe the game offers a different experience, but the quests and combat are dull as all fook IMO.

And hell, even WOW's PVP was better and that's about as bad as they come.

News Comments > Steam & Dota 2 Records
28. Re: Steam & Dota 2 Set Peak User Records Feb 17, 2015, 23:19 Osc8r

descender wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 10:33:
Hot damn, there is so much stupid in this thread.

After reading your post, i'd tend to be agreement with you.

So many lols!

You and Suppa would make a great couple, playing COD together pretending you are real soldiers

23. Re: Steam & Dota 2 Set Peak User Records Feb 16, 2015, 23:09 Osc8r

Suppa7, show me on the doll... where did the bad MOBA touch you?

Apparently moba's have a bad community, yet, now i remember why i usually don't read comments on bluesnews - starting a debate with a personal attack, really? Yet apparently your old enough to have played SC1 and Quake....

lel

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 2015, 23:24.

20. Re: Steam & Dota 2 Set Peak User Records Feb 16, 2015, 21:26 Osc8r

Sepharo wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 21:12:
Osc8r wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 16:47:
Want to see low skill ceiling games? Modern FPS and MMO's. But i guess it's just cool to hate MOBA's

Not that I agree with Suppa7... but now you're going the opposite direction and saying that (modern) FPS are low skill ceiling games? I think you must be confusing terms, FPS have a low barrier to entry, it's easy to hop in, learn the game relatively quickly, but the skill ceiling is very high. How's that saying go? Easy to become proficient but difficult to master... something like that.

MOBAs tend to have a high barrier to entry. There are specific strategies you need to know about if you ever hope to win a game or just simply not be yelled at by your team.

Skill ceiling really high? FPS are about reflexes mostly - now compare the pace of modern MMO's with Quake. Modern FPS's in general are garbage, designed for console kiddies with aim assist, and where multiplayer is an afterthought to the linear singleplayer campaign, cutscenes, and marketing.

Watch Dendi play dota, the game simply has way more complexity and thought process than any FPS game could ever dream of, plus it also requires amazing reflexes to boot.

Wonder why the top 100 e-sport earners are pretty much all MOBA or RTS players and not FPS'ers? And why 9 out the top 10 earners are from dota 2 and not CS? Nope, neither do i cause it's pretty damn obvious.

Only on bluesnews are MOBA considered 'easy mode' games.

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 2015, 21:35.

17. Re: Steam & Dota 2 Set Peak User Records Feb 16, 2015, 16:47 Osc8r

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 13:21:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 12:41:
1 million+ for DotA 2, 3 million+ for LoL? Wow, talk about bad taste, younger gaming community.

get off my lawn.

The masses don't have the reflexes for more complex RTS games like Starcraft. That's why MOBA's took off. MOBA's cater to the reflex retards and that's the majority of PC and console gamers sadly.

Games like Descent, Doom 2, Quake 3, Unreal 2004. Those are all high speed, high reflex, highly demanding on intelligence and reflexes to process that incoming visual information and make sense of it quickly.

The vast majority of humanity simply can't do that.

lol, i used to be competitive UT and quake 1 player, but there's no way i could ever compete in dota - the skill ceiling in that game is simply absurd.

Want to see low skill ceiling games? Modern FPS and MMO's. But i guess it's just cool to hate MOBA's

News Comments > DayZ Early Access Sells 3M
12. Re: DayZ Early Access Sells 3M Jan 24, 2015, 16:53 Osc8r

Dagnamit wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 14:25:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 14:10:
That said, if you want a PvP experience that is really unlike anything else (which is why it sells so well, btw), you might like it. Just seeing another player from a few thousand yards is enough to get my blood pumping. Screw the survival bullshit, the game is really all about the PvP.

See, that's how MMO's used to be, before WOW came along and turned them into the emotionless, grindfest crap we have today.

I'm just waiting for a version of dayz that's done in a decent engine.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Dropping Subscriptions in March
39. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Going F2P in March Jan 21, 2015, 20:15 Osc8r

Prez wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 19:23:
I'll try it out at some point buit if it as boring and mundane as Guild Wars 2 was/is, I will be done with it pretty quickly.

IMO it's even worse. I lasted about a month in GW2. 2 weeks was more than enough in ESO, it's just so damn boring.

65 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo