Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Osc8r

Real Name Osc8r   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 17, 2006, 00:09
Total Comments 44 (Suspect)
User ID 24533

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's "Biggest Entertainment Launch"; Series Tops $10B
21. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's Nov 20, 2014, 16:40 Osc8r

WOW repassed 10M subs.
COD tops 10B.

Modern gaming in a nutshell right there...
Cater to nubs, and the brain dead masses - profit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
61. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 8, 2014, 17:49 Osc8r

JeffD wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 03:30:
PropheT wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 18:34:
If that cinematic was "pretty laughable bad" then I have no f'ing clue what you'd think was actually good. Show that cinematic to people without telling them what it was from and they'd probably think it was Pixar.

The gameplay, though, is just TF2 mixed with Monday Night Combat. I was about as excited as I've been for a game in a while after the cinematic, and after the gameplay trailer all I am is disappointed that it's just another multiplayer team shooter.

I ment the cinimatic trailer was just a horrible story representation of the universe. Crashing an overwatch museum with stereotypical tongue in cheek gags? How are we supposed to take it even remotely serious?

As for "just another multiplayer team shooter".. are you fn kidding me.. did YOU even watch the gameplay trailer? You have 12...TWELVE Classes so far, each has there own skills and play style. Not all of them are twitch based front line assaults. And there will be MORE coming. The diversity of group combinations is going to be huge. Bigger then anything currently out there in the FPS market. And balance is paramount so if there is anyone who can do this right, it is either blizzard or ncsoft, so I am glad to see one of those doing it.

Even the trailer looked unbalanced. Oh look, i stealthed into a group of players and clicked one button and killed 5 players.

Sounds like a MMO trying to be a FPS.

Yay?

Like FPS's need to be more accessible or dumbed down. But hey, thats blizzards specialty!

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
55. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 8, 2014, 03:10 Osc8r

That looks... bad. Props on them if they are able to dumb down the COD genre though.  

News Comments > Layoffs at Turbine
10. Re: Layoffs at Turbine Oct 17, 2014, 17:52 Osc8r

AC3 - i.e. AC1 with improved graphics, and updated mechanics.

That's all i need.

Enough with these hello kitty / world of warcraft clones.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released
25. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released Oct 14, 2014, 18:54 Osc8r

Shineyguy wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 14:14:
LittleMe wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 12:10:
Well BL2 is awesome so if it's a lot like that, great! I've seen screenshots of this and it looks just fine as far as fidelity on PC. That said $60 is above my limit. I still haven't played any of the DLC for BL2 even.

You've no idea what you've missed on the BL2 DLC. they were fan-freaking-tastic. Tiny Tina and My Torgue especially.

I'm going to disagree there, i found most of DLC's to be pretty poor, some of them were really bad (like that pirate one). The Tiny Tina one was the only exception, which i really enjoyed - even more than the main game.

Think I'm pretty burnt out on borderlands now though, it gets fairly repetitive so i think i'll pass on this one and wait for BL3.

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
66. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 24, 2014, 19:09 Osc8r

Alamar wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 00:52:
Osc8r wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 18:31:
Shame they didn't cancel WOW instead, then maybe we wouldn't be left the mediocre, carebear, grindfest crap we are stuck with today.

Long live UO and AC1 Darktide.

In some way they only have themselves to blame. I used to play MMO's for the thing they did best... open world dynamic PVP in a massive world. Then they dumbed it down so much it became PVP in tiny arena's. Now why would anyone play an MMO for arena PVP, when you can pickup a MOBA and get right into it... without a mindless PVE and PVP point/gear grinds and complete with decent combat.

Now they are off to dumb down the MOBA genre instead. Yay!

WTB Warcraft 4.

Really? You're comparing WoW PvP with MOBA's and you think MOBA's aren't already dumbed down?

I sure am... PVP in MMO's is now instanced, tiny, minigame grind all thanks for wow and it's carebear PVP. No more large scale pvp in the open world, as all the kiddies cried 'grief'. So why put up with crappy MMO combat, pve/quest grinds, gear grinds, endless raids etc.. to gain access to crappy small scale PVP when other genres simply do it much better? And without all the boredom.

As for MOBA's been dumbed down, considering they are the largest e-sport in the world, and that the skill ceilings in these games is insane i'm going to say no. But give Blizzard a crack at it and i'm sure they can dumb it down to cater to the widest audience they can ... starting with 'your team levels up as one'.

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
33. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 18:31 Osc8r

Shame they didn't cancel WOW instead, then maybe we wouldn't be left the mediocre, carebear, grindfest crap we are stuck with today.

Long live UO and AC1 Darktide.

In some way they only have themselves to blame. I used to play MMO's for the thing they did best... open world dynamic PVP in a massive world. Then they dumbed it down so much it became PVP in tiny arena's. Now why would anyone play an MMO for arena PVP, when you can pickup a MOBA and get right into it... without a mindless PVE and PVP point/gear grinds and complete with decent combat.

Now they are off to dumb down the MOBA genre instead. Yay!

WTB Warcraft 4.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 2014, 18:41.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially?
39. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially? Sep 4, 2014, 18:48 Osc8r

Creston wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:12:
wraithnix wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 00:23:
This game is, well, boring. It's a single player game, with all the annoyances of MMOs (oh, you need to pick up this item to fulfill a quest? Somebody else just picked it up, so you'll have to wait for a bit until it respawns)

That that isn't instanced is beyond fucking ridiculous. What is this, 1998?

I wish it was, MMO's in 98-99 (UO and AC1) were brilliant sandbox games with amazing SKILL BASED PVP in a massive in a massive open world, and where quests actually took brainpower.

Not this collect x garbage and mini game style PVP, that revolves around grind grind grind and gear gear gear.

Thanks WOW for ruining the genre entirely.

As for ESO, i'm sorry that people lost there jobs but honestly... everyone saw this coming except for the deluded fanboys. Maybe one day dev's will learn.

News Comments > Strife Open Beta
8. Re: Strife Open Beta Aug 30, 2014, 18:33 Osc8r

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 06:29:
oh wow.. another MOBA.. snore

"exciting new take" ... haha if it's moba it's moba. Nothing you do with that can make it exciting or new Though if it has vs AI ... maybe....

DOTA has vs AI... if you're really THAT bad.

And well, Fibrocyte beat me to it.

The FPS market is way more saturated than the MOBA scene (especially when it comes to AAA releases) but hey, let's all whine about MOBA's cause... it's kewl?

News Comments > Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode
31. Re: Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode Aug 29, 2014, 18:29 Osc8r

pagb wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 07:07:
Osc8r wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 06:48:
Yeah, it is. Have you tried playing BF4? Web based browser POS, that requires plugins, doesn't work with 64 bit OS, unreliable joining, cumbersome interface, unreliable friends list...
The f are you talking about? Doesn't work with x64? Lol. Unreliable joining? Fix your internet access or something. Cumbersome interface? For a web-based they did a good job, and 'cumbersome' interface is the one found in every other game trying to amass all what Battlelog does within the game... so you don't even have the time to check stuff between games.

Btw, you wanted to shit Origin, but all I see is Battlelog.

So not only do you like origin, but you think battlelog is worthy of being defended?

lel

Mobile gamer alert. Let me guess... ipad?

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2014, 18:40.

News Comments > Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode
25. Re: Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode Aug 29, 2014, 06:48 Osc8r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 01:32:
PHJF wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 21:06:
Greenish wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 20:17:
So I don't get the hate for Titanfall here, is it because it's Xbox One/PC exclusive?

Origin, here. I'd love to play the game.

Really? Origin is that different from Steam? I just leave Origin unstarted unless I want to play something on it. Then I start it up. No biggie.

Yeah, it is. Have you tried playing BF4? Web based browser POS, that requires plugins, doesn't work with 64 bit browsers, unreliable joining (kicks you if map is changing), cumbersome interface, unreliable friends list, doesn't even full screen the game when it joins a server...

But hey, that may just be with BF4, though the general origin interface is enough to turn me off using it entirely... not that i need to often, as all the decent games are on steam anyway.

As for TF, the beta was more than enough to realise it was just another lame modern FPS for the COD generation.

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2014, 18:26.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced
27. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 27, 2014, 18:41 Osc8r

If if it's not co-op through the main campaign it always turns out to be some short, linear, POS addon to get more sales.

So still passing, single player games are so 90's...

News Comments > Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced
3. Re: Win8 Age of Empires: Castle Siege Announced Aug 25, 2014, 20:44 Osc8r

RIP RTS

wooooolooolooooooooooooo
wooooolooolooooooooooooo

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam
12. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam Jul 17, 2014, 18:50 Osc8r

One of the most boring games i've ever played.  

News Comments > The International Tourney on TV
6. Re: The International Tourney on TV Jul 17, 2014, 18:47 Osc8r

How do people still play LOL, let alone watch it? Dota is superior in most area's, and doesn't have graphics from the atari st era.  

News Comments > Eterlands Announced
4. Re: Eterlands Announced Jun 12, 2014, 00:37 Osc8r

As saturated as the MOBA market it is, we still see way more crappy, run of the mill FPS games.

But man, that looks terrible. Clunky, mmo like combat in a moba. Yay!

Y no decent RTS games?

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Announced
22. Re: Dead Island 2 Announced Jun 10, 2014, 19:30 Osc8r

Nice! I really enjoyed the first two, though i wish they'd just focus on doing Dying Light properly before doing this?

Oh well, more campaign co-op goodness! Unlike copouts like Farcry.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity in October; New Trailers
11. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity in October; New Trailers Jun 10, 2014, 05:08 Osc8r

"Unity won’t have full campaign co-op, rather story-based co-op missions which are set alongside the single-player campaign."

Meh...better than nothing though i guess.

News Comments > WildStar Head Start Underway
16. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 1, 2014, 23:36 Osc8r

Will the era of crappy WOW clones ever end? Will we ever see the return of decent RTS games - or are they too difficult for console players?

/sigh

News Comments > Mythic Entertainment Closed
24. Re: Mythic Entertainment Closed May 30, 2014, 18:27 Osc8r

Despoiler wrote on May 30, 2014, 11:08:
Kythlyn wrote on May 29, 2014, 22:00:
I still consider DAoC one of the all time great MMORPGs.

It's one of the all time greats even if you didn't play it. It is the game that broke Everquest's dominance in MMOs. It was the MMO that started addressing the unnecessary tedious elements found in EQ that people hated. That in turn started the trend of all MMOs after it to continue removing "tedious" elements from gameplay for better or worse. <cough WoW> It changed the MMO landscape dramatically. That's on top of having arguably the best PvP of any 3D MMO. UO is still legendary being the first graphic PvP MMO.

RIP DAOC. For me AC1 Darktide and UO were by far the best, but DAOC was definitely up there as well.

Such a shame that MMO's followed the EQ/WOW formula, as we may actually still have decent games in that genre today.

RIP mythic.

44 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo