Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Metaverse
6. No subject Aug 29, 2008, 09:41 WyldKat

While the Comcast cap is depressing I'm happy it's not anything less. Comcast was thrust upon me when they bought out my local, and great, cable company. FIOS couldn't come soon enough, I'd probably even get the 20mbs tier too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Spore Preloads
23. No subject Aug 28, 2008, 19:14 WyldKat

I don't see why people have problems with pre-orders. They don't cost you any extra money on the game, they usually have something nifty included, and most importantly they ensure you don't have to be there at the ass crack of dawn, standing in line with a bunch of other people trying to score a copy of the new game you want, perfect for those of us who have lives and full-time jobs.

Pre-Orders are a completely opt-in program, if you don't want to preorder, then don't and enjoy camping the store hoping to score the couple of copies that aren't being held.

News Comments > TF2: Meet the Sandvich
12. No subject Aug 19, 2008, 20:43 WyldKat

By the power of OM NOM NOM!

News Comments > Bill Roper Interview
33. Re: Comments Aug 19, 2008, 12:06 WyldKat

Roper is not different from many of other Lead Devs for failing games. Garriott , Koster, Roberts and Derek Smart(see his old ibmpc usenet posts) all learned to lie with a straight face about the facts.

Wow wait what?

You're talking about...Garriott, the father of Ultima and MMOs along with Koster who has advocated totally free gameplay in his MMOs (being UO and Pre-suck SWG) and Chris Roberts of Wing Commander fame?

Seriously...where do I begin?

All of these people, even Derek love him or hate him, have all produced something that is immortalized in gaming history. Ultima series, Ultima Online, Pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies, The Wing Commander series. In fact all of those stated were ruined by the parent companies, not the designers. I would hardly call Derek's games failures either, sure they are not topping the sales charts but they clearly do well enough to earn him a living and fund successive sequels so I think he's found what works for him. It seems a bit like you dug up that comment just because he's reading, no?

News Comments > FUEL Announced
5. No subject Aug 19, 2008, 11:51 WyldKat

Will the next game be called CAPS?

News Comments > Afternoon Consolidation
3. No subject Aug 11, 2008, 19:30 WyldKat

Elite 4 will never see the light of day on a console.

News Comments > Spore-Mania
7. No subject Aug 11, 2008, 19:28 WyldKat

Spore, if anything, is a good arguement against intelligent design, what with all the penis monsters and such.

News Comments > Blizzard Works to Stop OpenSource WoW Glider
33. No subject Aug 1, 2008, 22:34 WyldKat

This is akin to Microsoft ordering VMware to stop making virtualization software.

News Comments > Blizzard Works to Stop OpenSource WoW Glider
32. No subject Aug 1, 2008, 22:34 WyldKat

This is akin to Microsoft ordering VMware to stop making virtualization software.

News Comments > Flagship Loses IPs, Closes
25. No subject Jul 12, 2008, 19:02 WyldKat

Funny, I just bought this game. Bought it on a whim mostly because I was aching for some Diablo action after the Diablo 3 announcement. Paid $15 for a brand new copy. It's definately worth that, it's a very fun game but it is disappointing they neutered so much to make paying for it worth something. Still...for $15 it was worth it. Hopefully a disgruntled dev will release the server code.

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 19:03.

News Comments > Flagship/Hellgate Follow-up
28. No subject Jun 11, 2008, 21:49 WyldKat

In any other industry releasing a product when it really needed "a few more months in the oven" would not cut it. If a movie needs a few more months they run over budget and hope that it does well enough to justify the expense with the logic that if they released crap, then the whole thing would flop. I don't really understand why gaming companies don't embrace this mythos. If you can't handle going over-budget to release a quality product then maybe you shouldn't be making games at all. Then again...I guess Flagship is the Uwe Boll of the gaming world.

News Comments > Age of Conan Beta Event
14. No subject Apr 10, 2008, 01:26 WyldKat

"The truth of the matter is that funcom is out of development funds and needs to release this game next month."

Oh so what you're saying is that they are precisely in the same position they were in when they pushed Anarchy Online out the door.

News Comments > EA/Take-Two Follow-ups
5. No subject Feb 25, 2008, 09:33 WyldKat

Why is EA trying so hard to recreate the videogaming crash of the 80s?

News Comments > Spore Dated
6. No subject Feb 12, 2008, 13:55 WyldKat

Oooh it's coming out a few days before my birthday! Best present evar! =^.^=

News Comments > Evening Consolidation - Wii Rock Band?
4. No subject Jan 29, 2008, 01:28 WyldKat

Would Sony stop shuffling around SKUs and HDD capabilities? Hell I dont even use the 20gb on my 360. This whole axing the cheap ones so we can keep our product expensive tactic is precisely why I still haven't bought a PS3. I guess now is my last chance though to get one with PS2 support...

Fuck it, I'll just stick with my 360.

News Comments > Hellgate: London - Stonehenge Nears
20. Re: hmm Jan 18, 2008, 17:18 WyldKat

"God, I love This is Spinal Tap. Given today's plethora of reality TV schlock, this movie was way ahead of its time."

LOL me too! Stonehenge, the song, was the first thing that popped into my head upon seeing this article.

And yeah, that film is timeless, it goes to 11!

News Comments > Sin City Next Year
2. No subject Jan 15, 2008, 19:25 WyldKat

Will we get to see a Sim Sin City?

News Comments > New Zombie Panic: Source
3. No subject Jan 13, 2008, 20:29 WyldKat

Game is a lot of fun, I wish we'd see this mod tied in with GMOD though, or at least elements of it. Making barricades out of breakable items and zombie killing devices would be cool.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Left 4 Summer
28. No subject Jan 12, 2008, 15:06 WyldKat

Just a side thought..

Maybe they are delaying it so they can bundle it with Ep3 and Portal 2... <3

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Left 4 Summer
27. Re: 8 months = greed! Jan 12, 2008, 15:04 WyldKat

"delay delay delay, money money money, greed greed greed, thats all I hear from games companies these days. How about maybe letting a game sell on its own merits? "

umm wtf?

You're wrong. The Orange box was a killer deal. You can't honestly tell me that you wouldn't have bought at least two of the games for $20 each. Hell it was a great deal for me because I haven't played Ep1 yet and yes, I gifted HL2 to a friend that had never played it.

Valve is one of the few gaming companies out there that seems to be ran by the gamer, not the suits. After the Orange Box with Ep2 and Portal greatness, they left a good taste in my mouth.

...it tasted like cake.

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 15:05.

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo