Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Derek Smart vs Dave Allen, Part 2
16. Re: Derek Smart vs Dave Allen, Part 2 Apr 23, 2010, 14:36 WyldKat

I've tried the trial, it really is a badly done clone of WoW. I appreciate that Smart is looking to change some of that but unless the core game design and art are completely scrapped and remade I don't see Alganon succeeding against the original WoW or free to play clones such as Runes of Magic.

The gaming world needs more unique MMORPGs, not clones of what has already been done.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Cracked?
6. Re: Ubisoft DRM Cracked? Apr 22, 2010, 09:37 WyldKat

Please Ubi, just remove this mess and I will be completely happy to purchase Settlers 7. It's too good of a game to suffer because of your inane DRM. I feel bad for the developers and all the others who worked hard on these games that will suffer because of lost sales due to draconian DRM. Starforce failed because gamers didn't want it, so will this!  

News Comments > Mount & Blade Warband Patch
3. Re: Mount & Blade Warband Patch Apr 21, 2010, 22:22 WyldKat

I just bought this game yesterday and I've been totally addicted. There is one new bug in the patch though that plagued me after I took a break from marathon gaming it to eat and watch Lost. Now sometimes when enemies retreat you get spammed with WARNING CHECK INVALID ENTITY before the game CtDs, it was rock solid before. Hopefully there will be a patch for it soon.

My only complaint with the game is that I wish that the multiplayer was more like the single player. In that you had a large world map and people/clans could battle for control over keeps and your armor/weapons remained persistent, oh and having skills and levels that progressed.... Multiplayer just seems like a big deathmatch. :\

News Comments > Op Ed
45. Re: Op Ed Apr 19, 2010, 17:09 WyldKat

Flatline I couldn't agree more, that was an excellent post my friend.  

News Comments > Ubisoft: DRM "Vital" To PC Success
62. Re: Ubisoft: DRM Apr 16, 2010, 16:39 WyldKat

spindoctor wrote on Apr 16, 2010, 11:33:
gilly775 wrote on Apr 16, 2010, 10:15:
Really? Vital? And how come this DRM isn't vital to companies like StarDock and yet they are selling games well with no DRM???

Because Stardock games cost 20-50 times less to make and subsequently the sales required (and obtained) are significantly less? Half a million sales of a game is a success for Stardock. Half a million sales for the high budget games would result in the studio being shutdown and the employees being fired.

All that your argument proves is that most game companies have gotten far too large.

News Comments > Ubisoft: DRM "Vital" To PC Success
60. Re: Ubisoft: DRM "Vital" To PC Success Apr 16, 2010, 16:30 WyldKat

Vital to PC success?

Hilarious! I'm AVOIDING purchasing Settlers 7 BECAUSE of this DRM and I am definitely not alone.

News Comments > The Settlers 7 DRM Woes Continue
48. Re: The Settlers 7 DRM Woes Continue Apr 7, 2010, 16:53 WyldKat

I played the demo for this last night, it is a REALLY fun game and I want to buy but after all this nonsense I checked out their forums to see if it really is that bad and yes, tons of server outages and people being locked out of a game they legitimately bought. Until Ubisoft gets their stuff together and stops treating paying and potential customers like thieves they're not getting $50 out of me. Really really sad, I also feel sad for the devs of this game. It's terrific and worth a purchase but not with this DRM.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 5, 2010, 17:50 WyldKat

They STILL have that horrid tire squeal that has haunted the series since the original Gran Turismo. For all the money Polyphony is dumping into this game you think they would be able to hire some audio engineers to make tire squeals that don't sound like they were ripped from Rad Racer.  

News Comments > No Changes for Gordon Freeman
14. Re: No Changes for Gordon Freeman Apr 5, 2010, 17:45 WyldKat

After falling in love with the Freeman's Mind series there is simply no other voice that would suit Mr. Freeman.

I'm hoping they keep him mute in hopes that Ross Scott will continue his brilliance into Half-Life 2 and all of the episodes.

News Comments > Fallout Online Legal Woes?
23. Re: Fallout Online Legal Woes? Apr 16, 2009, 17:09 WyldKat

Fallen Earth will beat this game to market and likely bury it.

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 2009, 17:09.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Guitar Hero World Tour Nov 14, 2008, 11:26 WyldKat

Maybe the sales are slipping because this time it really is TOO much like Rock band?

Did they ever hear of the concept of market saturation? Apparently not.

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2008, 11:28.

News Comments > On Blizzard's Next MMOG and WoW Paid Customization
13. Re: On Blizzard's Next MMOG and WoW Paid Customization Nov 13, 2008, 16:43 WyldKat

What if the paid character customization is something such as new art assets that you can use to make your character different from everyone else?

I could see paying for something like that if it was really well done. Afterall something like that isn't too different from how you create an avatar in Second Life, using micropayments to buy outfits.

If it's just resetting the character maker I really see no need in why it even needs to be limited, unless there's race/class change included.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 10, 2008, 10:58 WyldKat

Circuit City fails even in failure.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
11. Re: Fans riled by Fallout 3 issues on PS3. Nov 2, 2008, 10:45 WyldKat

I've been playing it on 360, though I plan to get it on PC eventually if a construction set is released for it. Anyways it runs fantastic on the 360, the only issue I've noticed is that the robot doesn't show your face or hair when selecting a new hairstyle. Considering how much I love to play with a character's looks, I find this one quite annoying.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - X3: Terran Conflict
1. No subject Oct 16, 2008, 22:25 WyldKat

Wouldn't it be Steamspaceships Ahoy? O.o

Anyone play this yet? Is it as dull as the others? Don't ge me wrong, I want to like them, I loved Privateer, but all of the games in that genre just didn't have that something extra that made Privateer the best.

News Comments > Pro Duck Hunting Demo
1. No subject Sep 24, 2008, 10:40 WyldKat

GotY potential!

News Comments > Multiple Spore Screen Names Coming
8. No subject Sep 19, 2008, 11:48 WyldKat

Might be too little, too late...

News Comments > EA on Spore DRM
15. No subject Sep 12, 2008, 19:36 WyldKat

SO glad I didn't buy this game.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. No subject Aug 30, 2008, 22:48 WyldKat

Some of those scream 40 year old virgin.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Delay
8. No subject Aug 29, 2008, 21:08 WyldKat

So lets see, this will be the delay that will push it back what, four years now?

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 21:09.

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo