Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch & Perks
3. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch & Perks Nov 29, 2010, 15:06 WyldKat

The patch made the UI less of a clusterfuck, though it's relatively on-par in terms of usefulness as EQ circa 1999.

There does seem to be less lag which is nice, but the patch has no new content which is really what this game is sorely lacking. SP gains are still the same and apparently they've broken group XPing, making the leveling situation -worse- than before.

The December "content" patch will need to be stellar to keep people hanging on after the new year. It's a shame, really, as it's a remarkably pretty game and from what little you get to play of it, the story is quite good. If only it had more, really...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > OnLive Thanks Early Adopters
9. Re: OnLive Thanks Early Adopters Nov 26, 2010, 09:43 WyldKat

"Thanks for the money, suckers!"  

News Comments > Minecraft Interview
24. Re: Minecraft Interview Nov 26, 2010, 09:42 WyldKat

CommunistHamster wrote on Nov 26, 2010, 08:05:
"Alpha" isn't an excuse for notch anymore, since he's marketing and selling it as a full game.

It isn't an excuse, it literally IS an alpha build. Nor is it sold as a complete game, that's a falsehood, there are disclaimers all over the place before you buy that it's an alpha and it will have bugs.

Why is it so hard for people to understand this?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2010, 06:04 WyldKat

The fact that Joyride was supposed to be a totally free game as thanks to all of us who've been shelling out for Gold service being turned into some shitty Kinect game is what pissed me off. Joyride was supposed to basically be Mario Kart for Gold subscribers. Fuck them.  

News Comments > OnLive Reviewed
56. Re: OnLive Reviewed Nov 23, 2010, 05:56 WyldKat

I've recently messed around with OnLive for a bit recently. It's actually pretty impressive technology but I think it's just too soon to be really feasible.

For people out there who are stuck with facist download limits (Thanks, Con-cast!) you'll be draining a lot using this service. US networks are also just sorely out of date and with FIOS installation slowly dying off this doesn't seem to be improving any time soon.

Also the prices are just ridiculous compared to the gaming experience that you actually receive. OnLive is a nice service to preview a game before buying a disc or digital download, though, I'll give it that.

It would also be nice if you could register your boxed copy with OnLive and OnLive would recognize it as a title you've already purchased, or at least give you a substantial discount. Of course it makes sense why they don't do this.

The actual titles they do have is pretty lackluster, all of which you could just easily rent and play on a console for far cheaper.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 23, 2010, 05:40 WyldKat

I have no sympathy for TSA workers, especially after all the child abuse that's been shown on the Sift recently.

I realize that TSA workers are just trying to do their jobs but they signed up for it, they had the chance to decline to violate another human's basic personal rights and they chose money instead. There are plenty of other jobs out there, even in this recession, that don't require you to act like the gestapo.

News Comments > Elemental Patch This Week
7. Re: Elemental Patch This Week Nov 14, 2010, 23:16 WyldKat

Elemental is actually a really fun game. It captures that "Master of Magic" feeling more than any other fantasy 4x game that's come before while having some really cool additions, specifically the customizing of your ruler/units and the dynasty system.

It's a shame it was released too early and I feel that Civ 5 is overshadowing the continual improvement of the game, even if they feel worlds apart.

It's a really cool thing that Stardock is continuing to fix the game as well as giving those of us who purchased early the next two expansions. I just hope it's enough to keep the game going and I hope Stardock learned their lesson in all of this.

News Comments > Bruckheimer Games Deal in Jeopardy
5. Re: Bruckheimer Games Deal in Jeopardy Nov 12, 2010, 14:46 WyldKat

This is a good thing for the medium as a whole.  

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Open Beta Next Month
6. Re: Battlestar Galactica Open Beta Next Month Nov 8, 2010, 16:55 WyldKat

I don't get why this is browser based...

It'll likely be a watered down shooter in the vein as that Wing Commander atrocity that EA made for Xbox Arcade.

Oh well at least we'll have that Freespace 2 Mod...

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 7, 2010, 20:46 WyldKat

LOL Microsoft U MAD BRO?!?!

Seriously though, open source drivers would only make sales of the product increase, especially after the novelty and holiday rush on the product wears off.

News Comments > The Old Republic Delay?
6. Re: The Old Republic Delay? Nov 6, 2010, 15:19 WyldKat

The more I hear about this game the less and less I'm interested.

The "space combat" pretty much killed it for me. I would have bought it no matter how shit the ground combat is if space combat was Jump to Lightspeed 2.0...

Speaking of the combat... it looks curiously like STO's ground combat... which is to say... it looks boring as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkFT3xZqzss

Actually that clip of STO looks more exciting than the stand around and shoot/swing saber in the TOR clip... seriously?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 5, 2010, 21:47 WyldKat

lol @ Blizzard thinking they're the NFL...  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Dating Site For The 'Aesthetically Challenged' Oct 30, 2010, 17:15 WyldKat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHq12lIYJME

lol it's real...

News Comments > Star Trek Online Player-Created Missions Coming
7. Re: Star Trek Online Player-Created Missions Coming Oct 29, 2010, 13:37 WyldKat

This isn't about having the players make content for you. This is something the STO community has been clamoring for and it's pretty cool that it's getting it. While the core gameplay still isn't what we were hoping for, Cryptic has been doing a better job of releasing good stories with their episodes. This feature might be enough to bring some people back to the game.  

News Comments > LEGO Universe Launched
7. Re: LEGO Universe Launched Oct 26, 2010, 19:18 WyldKat

After checking out the beta over various times in the past year the game is just complete fail.

The original concept was that the players built the world, out of Lego. The game itself basically turned into one of those Lego action games, only not as fun or imaginative and the actual places you do get to build are teeeeny little parcels. Want to Co-Op build? Sorry. Want people to come see what you've built? Expect to have your build moderated, taking days to become "open" to visitors.

Sprawling Worlds? Try linear corridors of the same gameplay over and over.

It wouldn't be so bad if it were subscription free, but seeing how grossly misrepresented this game is you would be better off buying the Lego console games and playing them with your kids than this crapfest. The game doesn't appeal at all to adult fans of Lego and I honestly don't see how it will hold a child's interest for long as there really isn't much to do in the game.

You would be better off playing Minecraft or Blockland if you want to "play Legos".

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 24, 2010, 17:00 WyldKat

He sounds just like him.

It was pretty cool that Fox let them use his likeness, too bad he couldn't do the VO, but then I doubt he would be able to sound like Marty 6 months after BttF 3 at this point anyways.

This might be the first adventure game I pick up in a long long time.

News Comments > 12 Million WoW Subscribers
25. Re: 12 Million WoW Subscribers Oct 7, 2010, 13:28 WyldKat

LOL... making the game "more accessible"? It was already a faceroll three years ago.

WoW these days is pretty much like a romantic comedy. It's formulaic experience designed to appeal to the largest amount of people without bringing anything innovative to the genre that wasn't ripped off.

News Comments > Early DNF Demo with Borderlands GOTY
10. Re: Early DNF Demo with Borderlands GOTY Oct 5, 2010, 13:25 WyldKat

It's a TRAP!  

News Comments > Pre-Alpha Miner Wars on Sale
6. Re: Pre-Alpha Miner Wars on Sale Oct 5, 2010, 13:24 WyldKat

Minecraft has also done this.

It's a pretty good way for independent companies to produce the revenue required to add more features and polish to their game.

It's a very interesting model. Pay a fraction now and help test it or pay full price later. It also sure beats paying full price for a beta which is pretty much how EA and other large companies are operating now.

News Comments > Civilization V and Demo Released
29. Re: Civilization V and Demo Released Sep 21, 2010, 16:17 WyldKat

Just "finished" the demo.

The demo was pretty effective... it got me hooked and right when I was really getting into it... boop! Demo Over!

Now I have to decide if I want to shell out $50 to play a game today I'll shelve when I dive into FFXIV tomorrow.

The game appears to fix some of my main hangups with past Civ games. I always hated... HATED the stack nonsense. I always wanted combat to be more tactical and more realistic. I also disliked how diplomacy was handled and how all of the other civs had horrible AI if you were actually trying to be diplomatic. It usually turned into me getting pissed at the AI and waging total war on them until every last city was razed to the ground. *ahem*

Anyways... the game is good... It's definitely the best in the series.

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo