Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > RIFT Launches
3. Re: RIFT Launches Mar 1, 2011, 12:08 WyldKat

This game is the new hotness. It's surprising how fun it is to build your own class, fight side by side with hundreds of other players against massive armies of enemies, play through extremely well crafted dungeon encounters. The fact the game is shipping with tons of end-game content is simply amazing in an industry where MMOs typically lack things to do at level cap for months.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > APB-Reloaded Beta Keys This Week
3. Re: APB-Reloaded Beta Keys This Week Feb 21, 2011, 13:38 WyldKat

I'm hoping the fact I paid money for the original game and signed up for the beta they sent me will get me in.

It's a pity this starts "this week" and not "today" since I need something to do while waiting for Rift Headstart.

Probably not the best idea for them to drop a beta on the week a large MMO release is coming out.

News Comments > Forsaken World Open Beta Next Week, Launch Next Month
2. Re: Forsaken World Open Beta Next Week, Launch Next Month Feb 17, 2011, 17:36 WyldKat

LOL... Everyone's trying to steal Rift's thunder... Darkspore beta, numerous Warcraft "hotfix" announcements, LotRO and EQ "Come BACK!!!" events, now this shovelware MMO. XD  

News Comments > Bulletstorm Trailer
4. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 15:59 WyldKat

There should be a rule against using that song, Slipknot, Drowning Pool, or Linkin Park in trailers or Frag/PVP videos.  

News Comments > No Bulletstorm Editor
19. Re: No Bulletstorm Editor Feb 16, 2011, 20:42 WyldKat

Seriously though... I don't understand what all these shooter devs lately are pulling this no editors crap.

Are they totally oblivious to Bethesda?

Morrowind - Included a rich deep editor, sold expansions. Game and expansions sold buttloads

Oblivion - Included a rich deep editor, They sold Expansions and DLC, game, exp, DLC all sold extremely well.

Fallout 3/New Vegas - Exact same story as Oblivion

Seriously these games are GOTYs, sold millions, made millions more in expansions and DLC. You'd think other companies would pick up on this, I guess they are just lazy.

News Comments > No Bulletstorm Editor
8. Re: No Bulletstorm Editor Feb 16, 2011, 13:30 WyldKat

Well have fun with your stale maps and DLC, Bulletstorm gamers!

The lack of a PC demo kept me away. Too bad, this game had potential for a fun shooter.

I guess there'll always be Duke.... so weird to say that.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 15, 2011, 19:45 WyldKat

How about the fact they're not even games?  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 13, 2011, 01:40 WyldKat

Google is AWESOME.

I think I'm most excited about the Google Mars and the public info one. scholar looks to be really useful too.

News Comments > EverQuest Accounts Reactivated
7. Re: EverQuest Accounts Reactivated Feb 13, 2011, 01:27 WyldKat

Lol this or Rift Beta... HMMMM.....

Yeah no thanks SOE. XD

News Comments > Crytek Responds to Crysis 2 Leak
34. Re: Crytek responds to Crysis 2 Leak Feb 12, 2011, 17:23 WyldKat

scorpius wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 17:12:
When normal companies accidentally leak data due to ignorance or bad security a shitstorm usually ensues with PR apologies promising better security in the future while admitting blame.

In the PC industry however, you just blame it on piracy.

QFT.

Also, doesn't anyone else think that last sentence looks totally "tacked on" as it simply doesn't fit the sentence that precedes it?

It's like someone shouting MATT DAMON after describing the origin of species.

News Comments > On Humans in Guild Wars 2
3. Re: On Humans in Guild Wars 2 Feb 11, 2011, 01:55 WyldKat

Sepharo wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 21:14:
That's actually a pretty cool article with all the sounds clips matching the blurbs about the setting.

It is actually.. and the little kids playing and shouting,"LIGHTNING BOLT!" had me rolling.

Sounds like the game will make use of the whole NPC "dynamic" conversations type thing like we've seen in the GTAIV series, Fable, and RDR, which should add LOADS to the "life" of the gameworld.

News Comments > Test Drive Unlimited 2 Issues
2. Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 Issues Feb 11, 2011, 00:59 WyldKat

Pretty much saw all this coming after that abortion they called a beta.

Too bad, the original was such a fun game.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 11, 2011, 00:57 WyldKat

A high speed rail and 4G everywhere? Thank you sir! Now just keep the swine away from my net neutrality, I'm looking at you, Concast.  

News Comments > Uncut Duke Nukem Forever Down Under
4. Re: Uncut Duke Nukem Forever Down Under Feb 11, 2011, 00:55 WyldKat

Blackhawk wrote on Feb 11, 2011, 00:32:
Censoring it would result in so many black rectangles that it would look like Doom 3.

HA!

"I'm here to kick ass and.... Damn, where's my flashlight?"

This is good news though, I always die a little inside when I see great games getting cut to ribbons for stupid reasons in other countries.

News Comments > On Humans in Guild Wars 2
1. Re: On Humans in Guild Wars 2 Feb 10, 2011, 20:37 WyldKat

WOW... I can play HUMANS in an MMO?!?!?!?

AMAZING!!!!

...sorry, no one else did it so I had to. Looking forward to this one.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Has Dedicated Servers, New Trailers
5. Re: Crysis 2 Has Dedicated Servers, New Trailers Feb 10, 2011, 15:30 WyldKat

I only bought Crysis for that Mechwarrior total conversion. I sure hope Sandbox makes a return.

EDIT. LOL... just watched the video... so... Crysis 2's multiplayer is a next-gen experience because they give you a suit that makes you a super soldier? Haven't super soldiers been a staple of shooters since like... every "gen"?

Also... no, no players will come to "respect your suit", they'll teabag you like everyone else.

News Comments > Pirates of Black Cove Trailer, Details
2. Re: Pirates of Black Cove Trailer, Details Feb 10, 2011, 15:28 WyldKat

What a useless trailer...

Did some digging and found this shaky cam game footage videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1QPljxYgIk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gprTSKw02iM

Always for another Pirates! type game but this one looks like an arcadey button masher. Also... ship seeking rockets, seriously?

News Comments > Salem Perma-Death Explained
18. Re: Salem Perma-Death Explained Feb 10, 2011, 14:47 WyldKat

Sencho wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 13:17:
WyldKat wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 12:41:
The Salem witch hunt was every bit as "light-hearted, charming, and cute" as the Holocaust.

The 10-year organized mass genocide of millions of hated peoples run by perhaps the most singular evil being in human history compares to a months-long, regional hysteria sparked by a few lunatic girls in what way exactly? The sense of scale is completely off. Heck they only similar items are death and insanity...and you find that at a soccer riot.

So you mean to tell me there is absolutely no correlation between a group of people who were hunted and persecuted because of a perceived evilness about the group of people and a group of people who were hunted and persecuted because of a perceived evilness about that group of people?

Scale has nothing to do with it, it's still a matter of intolerance, ignorance, and supremacy leading to the brutal deaths of innocents. Oh and yes there were loads of innocents killed in the name of witchcraft in a time span much longer than 10 years, in fact it is even still occurring today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-hunt

I don't have a problem with alternate timelines but I stand by my opinion that this setting is every bit as distasteful as the Holocaust, making it "cute and charming" is ridiculous.

News Comments > DCS: A10C Warthog Interview
5. Re: DCS: A10C Warthog Interview Feb 10, 2011, 12:51 WyldKat

After watching a video of a dev starting up the A-10 in this game I'm pretty sure I'd just sit on the tarmac flailing about in the cockpit.

However it could be good training for when the zombie apocalypse happens and I find myself at an abandoned A-10 base in need of something to pacify hordes of zombies...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 10, 2011, 12:48 WyldKat

Well of course... it's what the internet is for.  

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo