Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Dark Scavenger Announced
5. Re: Dark Scavenger Announced May 26, 2011, 06:24 WyldKat

Blue, you're kidding us right?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation May 26, 2011, 00:59 WyldKat

Tom wrote on May 26, 2011, 00:17:
Heh. It never hit me until I watched this video, but this sounds kinda like a modern day Police Quest. It's been 24 years... I wonder if anyone's written up a good comparison.

It's not. Police Quest had, surprisingly, a lot more depth. LA Noire is a good game, but the gameplay of each case starts to get stale after awhile.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed May 25, 2011, 17:23 WyldKat

Perhaps if Lego Universe was more about freeform building a world with Lego than a simplistic beat-em-up with actual building relegated to cordoned off personal safe zones then maybe it would have done better and this dev wouldn't have such a negative view of the industry...

Just sayin'....

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 24, 2011, 18:41 WyldKat

Wait a second... Reach came out over six months ago and they're only NOW getting to releasing a demo? LOL Nice timing on that one, Microsoft.  

News Comments > PC Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale This Week
18. Re: PC Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale This Week May 23, 2011, 20:04 WyldKat

Wallshadows wrote on May 23, 2011, 17:43:
And please someone explain to me how Diablo 3 is really any different?

I like how your post was agreeing upon a common issue which WyldKat brought up and then you decided to get all defensive and rude after this portion.

For a comparison, Diablo 3 will allow you to be either a male or female character of each class as opposed to the 'locked down' characters which we were given in Diablo 1 and 2.

This. Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 offer a lot more in terms of personalization options and creating your own character. Classes aren't locked down so that only females can play Demon Hunters or only males can play Barbarians. Plus both games offer customization in terms of appearance as well as specialization.

They are true action RPGs, this is basically a 3D Golden Axe that takes place in the D&D universe. Nothing wrong with that but when Atari bills the game as an RPG, especially a classic western RPG, they better bring the staples of the genre. Note the press release calling the game an "action-packed RPG", not an action RPG or even just an action game which would be much more appropriate. By that definition Dragon Age 2 and the Mass Effect series are action-packed, as well as many other RPGs which offer far more depth.

And yeah, for $15 or $50 I can still be critical of a game and decide to support it with my money or not. Just because a game is cheap doesn't mean it has to be excused for its mediocrity.

News Comments > Dead Island Trailer
26. Re: Dead Island Trailer May 23, 2011, 18:52 WyldKat

I have mixed feelings.

The idea of an open world zombie game with crafting, survival, and CoOp to it sounds really cool. The melee also looks fantastic.

However after watching the video some crucial areas come to mind. The animation for the player doesn't match the quality of the animations for the zombies, it looks cheesy and yeah like others have said, Jurassic Park: Trespasser. The truck bugs me... it doesn't match the art quality of the other "crashed" vehicles, also is this going to be the only drivable vehicle? If it is will it be craftable to improve it into a zombie killing machine? The floaty damage numbers and names over everything also put me off. What's the point of building an immersive virtual world if you take people out of it by that? I hate it when MMOs do it and FPS games should never do it. Also the scope of the project calls a lot of doubt into question.

I hope they have time to improve the problem areas. I think the zombie genre will be better for this game doing well.

I'd still like a Left4Dead sequel that incorporated building elements ala Garry's Mod.

News Comments > PC Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale This Week
3. Re: PC Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale This Week May 23, 2011, 15:43 WyldKat

Looked interesting for the CoOp aspect until I saw that you can't change class/race/sex at all but are stuck with four preset characters. Bleh. I'll wait for Torchlight 2 or Diablo 3.  

News Comments > Free RIFT Character Transfers Coming
7. Re: Free RIFT Character Transfers Coming May 23, 2011, 14:35 WyldKat

Hilarious. Let's see how Blizz responds to this one. I'm guessing it's their usual "who cares? We're larger than god" response.  

News Comments > Obsidian Not Making Alpha Protocol 2, But it Would Be Better
10. Re: Obsidian Not Making Alpha Protocol 2, But it Would Be Better May 21, 2011, 20:08 WyldKat

I enjoyed it, I just wish I could have made a female agent.  

News Comments > PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation Next Month
4. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation Next Month May 19, 2011, 18:58 WyldKat

I really wish they would release that zombie DLC as a standalone game (if the gameplay is good that is...)

I could give frak all about the CoD franchise but it would be awesome playing as Buffy in a George Romero zombie romp. <3

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Engineer Feature
8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Engineer Feature May 19, 2011, 17:47 WyldKat

That looks.... amazingly cool.

They won me over with the Thief being able to be a sword and pistol wielding swashbuckler type, but this put me over the edge.

It's awesome they're fully embracing the steampunk in their game, maybe we'll even get to see groups piloting ships/airships in the future?

I hope the engineers can wear goggles.

News Comments > Premium WoW Cross-Realm Play
43. Re: Premium WoW Cross-Realm Play May 18, 2011, 22:07 WyldKat

Seems like this should be included in the normal subscription costs to KEEP players. Many people have friends that play on other servers and would like to join them without rerolling. It's why a lot of newer MMOs do away with segregated servers in favor of instanced zones. This sort of thing also casts huge doubts on how they will milk Diablo 3 for more money.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2011, 14:06 WyldKat

UPS guy just came and I'm still waking up, it is a pity though there wasn't a PC LA Noire release.  

News Comments > A Game Of Thrones - Genesis Website
3. Re: A Game Of Thrones - Genesis Website May 12, 2011, 15:09 WyldKat

I love the show, but I'm more excited about the Mount&Blade:Warband mod  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean May 10, 2011, 21:30 WyldKat

Aww I'm disappointed Blue, should be Pirate Ships Ahoy.  

News Comments > WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10
11. Re: WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10 May 9, 2011, 23:58 WyldKat

Not surprising with all the hotfixes driving away people to other games, especially Rift.

WoW is in cruise control mode right now, anyone expecting it to get drastically better content or gameplay is living on a cloud.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 9, 2011, 23:56 WyldKat

Braben, Just make Elite 4. No one cares about Kinectimals or computers on a stick, we just want fsking Elite 4.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Launching Movie Studio
8. Re: Ubisoft Launching Movie Studio May 2, 2011, 22:46 WyldKat

Ubisoft movies will require you to maintain a constant internet connection at all times, even in the theater, or playback will cease.

WTF_Man beat me to it.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews
16. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Interviews May 1, 2011, 15:50 WyldKat

Dirwulf wrote on May 1, 2011, 12:47:
WyldKat wrote on May 1, 2011, 03:34:
I've actually been having a ton of fun with STO after all the changes they've made. Most of that is because of the weekly episodes and the Foundry, which lets people create missions for others to play. There's been some fantastic story driven player-made episodes I've played.

I have a lifetime subscription to this, and haven't touched it in 8 months. I think I might have to check it out again. I kind of forgot about it until you mentioned it :P.

Patch time...

To be honest if it wasn't for the weekly episodes, player made missions (some of which rival Cryptics content), and continual and upcoming additions I wouldn't have resubbed or be considering a lifetime sub. There's a player mission that takes you to Bajor, it's very story driven but I highly recommend it. I also recommend the Romulan/Reman featured episode series, it's really engrossing and each mission in it is designed really well.

News Comments > Why RAGE Has No Deathmatch
19. Re: Why RAGE Has No Deathmatch May 1, 2011, 15:42 WyldKat

Meh, Deathmatch is old and busted anyways and yeah, when Co-Op is done right there's nothing else that compares.

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo