Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Trailer
5. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Trailer Jun 7, 2011, 21:12 WyldKat

Yeah the demo is on a 360, but everyone knows it'll look better and be an overall better experience on the PC.

It would be nice to see the graphical improvements on the PC version, though. Curious if it has DX10/11 support.

As for the game, I'm floored that they actually have a competent animator now. The dragon was simply awesome, as was the Storm spell. I LOVE that this game will have a proper crafting system, it's pretty cool all the crafting stuff is even animated, you can take jobs as a crafter, there's like 14 or so ores, and all of the mats are modeled in 3D. The horse was animated beautifully, so thrilled they're coming back for Skyrim. Devs have said that mounts will be do more than in Oblivion, possible mounted combat???

Definitely best game of the show, GOTY for sure.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2011, 20:02 WyldKat

Cutter wrote on Jun 7, 2011, 19:50:
Creston wrote on Jun 7, 2011, 17:40:
Cutter wrote on Jun 7, 2011, 16:55:
Allo Bleu! Neverwinter has finally gone live - the site that is...E3 vid, screenshots, forums, etc.

http://www.playneverwinter.com/

Looking good so far. Has me stoked. Really looking forward to seeing the Foundry for Neverwinter in action.

Actually no. I was opposed to DDO because of the Eberon setting and real-time combat, more hack and slash nature. In spite of that, it actually turned out to be pretty damn fun. We already know what to expect with Neverwinter. Now, if Cryptic can deliver - and in this particular case I think they can.

The last time you were this stoked for something, it was for Dungeons and Dragons Online. :p

Creston

I'll have to check out the new Neverwinter stuff.

I really really really hope Neverwinter and indeed Cryptic can survive the Perfect World acquisition. From what I've been hearing, as well as how they handled Runic's development of Torchlight, Perfect World seem to be very hands off in regards to the studios they own, much like Zenimax and their relationship with id/Bethesda.

Hopefully that is true. The Foundry tech built into STO and indeed will be the back-bone of Neverwinter is simply amazing and should really allow for DnD fans to build their own modules to share with the world. It's the kind of thing we like to see in single player games, in an MMO it's just amazing.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Nintendo Wheew Jun 7, 2011, 19:59 WyldKat

The real question about the new control gimmick, and yes it is totally a gimmick, is how the consumer base that the Wii built, you know casuals and old people, will take to it.

The whole reason why the Wii was such a success was because it was uncluttered, intuitive, and most of all, CHEAP.

Motion controls were a gimmick that made sense, they were a new way to interact with the game in a natural way. This is just yet another peripheral from a company that is peripheral happy. They even unashamedly featured a video of a blaster gun with the Wii U controller, a Wiimote, and a nunchuck all cobbled together. Seriously?

The controller is also quite large, with a screen and all the other stuff crammed into it is also likely quite heavy. I can't see this as being comfortable for a core gamer who's used to logging in hours at a time as it's as ergonomic as a brick. I can't see casuals getting excited to embrace a new controller that does absolutely nothing to enhance gameplay other than adding another screen they must watch. I don't see the mature market finding a point in the device or willing to fiddle with a wiimote and the controller.

The Wii U will still enjoy sales to early adopters that must have the latest gadget and Nintendo fans salivating at a chance to play a Zelda game with modern graphics, but in the long run I think it's going to scare away the core Wii customers that liked it for it's simplicity and ease of use.

Now all that said. Had the device been a PROPER tablet and be able to transfer and play games anywhere, as well as also possibly running an OS like Android, then it WOULD be revolutionary. As it stands, though, it is just a clunky, large, and likely expensive controller with a non-HD screen.

Ironically with the Ruin demo on the PS Vita they showed that the Vita and PS3 were capable of exactly the same transfer of the game from the TV to the portable, with the added bonus that the game was actually transfered to the portable and could be carried around anywhere, not just within the confines of the room/house the console is set up in.

News Comments > U.S. Forces Joining World War II Online
1. Re: U.S. Forces Joining World War II Online Jun 6, 2011, 22:27 WyldKat

About damn time. Bit late seeing how old the game is, I'm honestly surprised it's still around.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Open Beta in September, Game in October
8. Re: Battlefield 3 Open Beta in September, Game in October Jun 6, 2011, 17:19 WyldKat

I'm still a bit reserved until I can see/play helo/jets but damn that was some nice tank footage. Loved how you can see the crew in the tank.

Goodbye, CoD, and good riddance!

News Comments > Sunday Screenshots
9. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 5, 2011, 23:46 WyldKat

It's not a run and gun shooter, which is what Duke Nukem has always been. Instead it's a Halo Warfare 4 console shooter with all the stale gameplay trappings that have diluted the appeal of the FPS genre. Graphics aren't the issue with the game, it's the gameplay. All they needed to do was bring back the gameplay that made Duke3D great and they failed miserably. It was never about the hookers, the language, or the shit and dick jokes. Those were all just garnishment on the fun gameplay.

At this point I'm just hoping Gearbox don't lose their shirts over this and have it negatively effect Borderlands 2. :\

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 4, 2011, 12:56 WyldKat

jimnms wrote on Jun 4, 2011, 01:10:
Umm, aluminum and steel are recyclable and sustainable.

Try telling them that.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Advanced Classes
3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Advanced Classes Jun 4, 2011, 12:56 WyldKat

lol... "Sorcerer"

Seriously? XD

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 3, 2011, 22:55 WyldKat

A biodegradable PC case... that's fantastic other than being a complete fire hazard. Way to be, Recompute.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 2011, 12:57.

News Comments > XCOM in March 2012
10. Re: XCOM in March 2012 Jun 3, 2011, 14:34 WyldKat

...first person action game?

Do they not understand the concept of what made the first two Xcom games great?

Did they not get the memo when the other FPS Xcom game failed miserably?

News Comments > EA's Online Service
17. Re: EA's Online Service Jun 3, 2011, 14:19 WyldKat

....Origin? Really EA?

*facepalm*

Should have resurrected Origin as the development arm of EA that actually makes good and original games but there's a fat chance in hell of that ever happening. Of course the Duke Nukem Forever demo IS out sooo.....

Also... why the hell does EA think we need another Steam? I prefer to get all of my digital downloads through one service. I really like the neatness and organization of Steam, I like having all my friends there too.

News Comments > Star Trek Announced
11. Re: Star Trek Announced Jun 3, 2011, 14:15 WyldKat

The lens flares were my only complaints with the movie. Seriously it was like a kid that found Photoshop filters for the first time and this is coming from a seasoned director? The other things people complain about... meh... It was a reboot and an alternate timeline. I think they did a good job at making Trek "cool" and there was a certain epicness about the movie that we haven't really seen in a Trek movie for some time.

As for the game, I'll wait for a demo. The concept of a CoOp Trek game is pretty cool though, but I am concerned it's just going to be a shooter.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo
26. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 13:24 WyldKat

Woke up and couldn't believe the news. Downloaded the Steam demo and my reaction could best be summed up by... "It's alrigh'" in Karl Pilkington's voice.

The regenerating health and only being able to hold a couple of weapons at a time kind of killed it for me. The graphics were fine really, what I didn't care for was the above as well as this weird sensation that movement and everything felt really...clumsy? Also when stamping on shrunken pig cops it wasn't fluid at all. Humor was also pretty sparse. I was expecting more wise-cracking and more of the same that made Duke3D so entertaining. I could have passed on the chunky feeling of the controls if Duke had a personality, but it's just really not there in this game.

Also fail for them releasing a demo without a multiplayer component.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. @Meshes in Second Life Jun 1, 2011, 15:42 WyldKat

It's about time that Second Life adopted a modelling technique that's been standard in the industry since... oh I dunno since 3d meshes started appearing in games nearly two decades ago.

It's a bit hilarious at some of the reactions, the snotty "prim designers" talking about the lack of skill that proper 3D modelling requires. Prim modelling itself being about as complex as Lincoln Logs and efficient as an obese bicycle courier.

I pulled out of SL as a content designer two years ago when the platform clearly wasn't going anywhere. It's too bad Blue Mars sold out to become a nerfed iPhone app, it had a lot of potential with the CryEngine2 for those of us who wished to create mini-MMOs but didn't want to deal with the server stuff.

I might come back to sell some mesh items in SL but it's purely for profit, the state of virtual worlds right now is a pretty sad one.

The real question is, when is mesh as well as proper shaders and lighting coming to OpenSim?

News Comments > DirectX 11 Crysis 2 "Very Very Soon"
15. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 "Very Very Soon" May 31, 2011, 18:14 WyldKat

I'd just like to see them open up the CryEngine3 like Epic did with the UDK.  

News Comments > Call of Duty Paid Service Revealed
43. Re: Call of Duty Paid Service Revealed May 31, 2011, 13:33 WyldKat

Maybe it's because I just woke up but...

1. They don't know know how much they are going to charge for it.
2. They never explain the benefits of it, or what it actually is.
3. They say non-subscribers won't be excluded from anything...

So... What the hell is the point? Is it a stupid tax for fanboys?

News Comments > BioWare on Dragon Age II Criticisms
38. Re: BioWare on Dragon Age II Criticisms May 27, 2011, 17:00 WyldKat

"I think that DA II moved us into a space that has more potential."

I read this as,"By making a more console centric game, we're making more money. So suck it bitches!"

News Comments > Creatures Comeback This Year
4. Re: Creatures Comeback This Year May 27, 2011, 16:58 WyldKat

LemonJoose wrote on May 27, 2011, 15:07:
Creatures was the worst and most disappointing game I ever purchased, with the possible exception of Black & White. I both cases, the much-hyped AI was all hype and no delivery. The stupid creatures wouldn't learn anything I taught them and tended to die prematurely for no obvious reason.

I agree, although Black & White was still fun, mostly because you could use boulders as a bowling ball and your village as the pins.

News Comments > Disney Universe Announced
2. Re: Disney Universe Announced May 26, 2011, 16:54 WyldKat

Cool I've always wanted to play as this guy: http://www.x929.ca/shows/newsboy/wp-content/uploads/Tron-Guy.jpg  

News Comments > Red Faction: Armageddon Demo an OnLive Exclusive
12. Re: Red Faction: Armageddon Demo an OnLive Exclusive May 26, 2011, 16:30 WyldKat

Verno wrote on May 26, 2011, 15:44:
deadearth wrote on May 26, 2011, 15:32:

You're not going to buy the game because the demo of said game is an onLive exclusive? Would you have preferred no demo at all?

It's not really worthwhile to demo it on someone elses machine, generally PC purchasers are trying to validate it runs fine on their rig without any issues and determine if they like the game.

^- Very good response, that.

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo