Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer
2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jun 9, 2011, 22:28 WyldKat

It's always bugged me how bad their video streams were. It's like YouTube circa 2005.

I just hope this game doesn't dissuade people from making story driven MMOs in the future. That's the only thing TOR really has going for it, other of course, OMG STAR WARZ. Graphics are a generation or so old, gameplay is just about as old, ship combat makes Asteroids look like a space simulator, PVP is generic, just ugh...

And need I mention the Sith "sorcerer" subclass? XD

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Starts Shipping
6. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Starts Shipping Jun 9, 2011, 22:22 WyldKat

*golfclap*  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 9, 2011, 22:10 WyldKat

Best Buy can get bent. So what, he's wearing a blue tshirt and is totally clueless about the product he's hocking?

There's absolutely nothing in that commercial that says Best Buy or refers to any of their brandings, It's not even the same shade of blue shirt that Best Buy uses, sheesh.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
2. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 9, 2011, 22:07 WyldKat

Would have been more interested seeing it run on a PC anyways.  

News Comments > BF3 Campaign Around 6-10 Hours
8. Re: BF3 Campaign Around 6-10 Hours Jun 9, 2011, 22:03 WyldKat

That's pretty long for an FPS. I'm actually very impressed.

Although I'm getting it for multiplayer it's nice to know there's some substance to the game.

News Comments > Neverwinter FAQ, E3 Media
12. Re: Neverwinter FAQ, E3 Media Jun 9, 2011, 18:59 WyldKat

The Foundry has been awesome for STO and there's been some missions in it that have rivaled or exceeded most quests in typical MMOs. When you put the power of creation into the players hands you often get results that you would never see be greenlit due to time invested or other reasons. Of course there is lots of garbage too but STO has done a wonderful job of letting the community police itself and filter the bad out.  

News Comments > Kotick Buying Myspace?
5. Re: Kotick Buying Myspace? Jun 9, 2011, 18:29 WyldKat

I have some prime real-estate in southern Louisiana I'd love to sell you Mr. Kotick, feel free to call anytime.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details?
14. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details? Jun 9, 2011, 13:53 WyldKat

I actually didn't finish the demo. The area with the pig cops was so linear, boring, and frustrating with the dodgy weird controls that I stopped playing.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 9, 2011, 12:50 WyldKat

Umm... BF3 "in all its glory" will be on the PC. 64 player multiplayer, which is what the Battlefield series is all about, versus 24 on console. Not to mention computer GPUs are capable of handling graphics and physics better than the aging consoles, so graphic fidelity and physics realism will also be sacrificed in order to wedge the game on to a console.

BF3 on Console is "BF3 Lite" due to the limitations of the systems.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 9, 2011, 12:35 WyldKat

It's too bad Dust isn't coming to PC.

What was an interesting project is now on my No Care list.

News Comments > Respawn Making Sci-fi Shooter
1. Re: Respawn Making Sci-fi Shooter Jun 8, 2011, 22:18 WyldKat

Awesome, it's great to see that someone has decided to make a game in one of the most underused genres ever, the shooter. It's a bit disappointing though that they've chosen to make it Scifi instead of a modern setting, now THAT would be revolutionary!  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Dedicated Servers
6. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Dedicated Servers Jun 8, 2011, 22:17 WyldKat

That's nice I suppose...  

News Comments > Infinity Ward on Dedicated Servers & PC MW3
19. Re: Infinity Ward on Dedicated Servers & PC MW3 Jun 8, 2011, 19:17 WyldKat

Ventura wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 19:14:
They must be desperate after BF3 wiped its arse with MW3

I'm sorry guys, this isn't going to be a very popular opinion in these parts, but I must admit to having been more impressed with what I've seen from MW3 than I have from BF3 at the moment.

Granted, I've only seen the BF3 tank run shown during EA's press conference, but I found the MW3 footage at the start of Microsoft's conference, and footage from the stage demo that I'm watching now, very impressive.

I don't know, maybe it's because I passed on MW2, so the engine may not seem as dated to me as it does to everyone else, but I've seen a lot from them at the moment that's just making me go "woah!". It may be a rehashed engine, but they are squeezing absolutely everything out of it that they can, and it shows.

The BF3 tank run, while it shows the engine is obviously very impressive, to be honest not nearly enough was going on. Most of it was them just driving along the plains. It was way cool when shit was blowing up at the end though, I'll give them that.

That said, I have an open mind. If anyone has links to some more BF3 footage that might sway me, paste away. There must be something that everyone else is seeing but I'm not.

I take it you missed this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoBkp8x3bhs

There's also the fact that BF3 has 64 player multiplayer on the PC and also features tanks, jets, helos, and other vehicles.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2011, 19:16 WyldKat

nin wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 18:01:
WyldKat wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 17:54:
Well it looks like Netflix totally frelled up their Watch Instantly website. Navigation is completely unintelligible now and gone are user ratings and sorting functions... ffs...

Ah, yes. Looks like they've been hanging with the gawker folks. Because if it looks great on a tablet, it must looks great everywhere else.

I thought the same thing... well not at first, at first I thought my browser was messed up. After several refreshes and some investigation I found out that was sadly not the case.

RIP, Netflix

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2011, 17:54 WyldKat

Well it looks like Netflix totally frelled up their Watch Instantly website. Navigation is completely unintelligible now and gone are user ratings and sorting functions... ffs...  

News Comments > Infinity Ward on Dedicated Servers & PC MW3
2. Re: Infinity Ward on Dedicated Servers & PC MW3 Jun 8, 2011, 17:10 WyldKat

What was that Infinity Ward? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome BF3 is.  

News Comments > Consoles Lead Skyrim Development
7. Re: Consoles Lead Skyrim Development Jun 8, 2011, 14:28 WyldKat

Suckage wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 14:25:
As long as the editing tools remain intact!

Yep, they certainly will.

http://thegreatesc.net/?p=10207

PC is still the best platform. Any consolitis can easily be cured with a mod here and there.

News Comments > Consoles Lead Skyrim Development
2. Re: Consoles Lead Skyrim Development Jun 8, 2011, 14:20 WyldKat

*sigh*  

News Comments > id on RAGE PC Controls
6. Re: id on RAGE PC Controls Jun 8, 2011, 12:39 WyldKat

HALLELUJAH!  

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 8, 2011, 12:38 WyldKat

LOL Bobby, you mad bro?  

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo