Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MotorGun Kickstarter
2. Re: MotorGun Kickstarter Jul 16, 2013, 20:39 WyldKat

It's too bad there's no campaign mode and the single player stretch goal, which is FAR away, only adds bots.

Interstate '76 was great because of its campaign, as was AutoDuel.

With this being such a team-based game I see it going the way of Ravaged. Likely a lot of fun to play, but barely anyone playing it once the novelty wears off.

Also $650k for an arena combat game, seriously?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound
23. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 16:14 WyldKat

I missed the Kickstarter, but preordered on Steam back in May.

My body is so ready for this. The hacking looks amazing too, actually putting you into a matrix like the old Genesis games and changing your skills to turn-based hacking stuff. I think my first character is going to have to be a decker.

News Comments > State of Decay Also RC in Oz - SR4 Explanation
5. Re: State of Decay Also RC in Oz - SR4 Explanation Jun 26, 2013, 15:34 WyldKat

State of Decay is pretty tame compared to the SR series. The only thing that really comes to mind is the kill moves vs zombies, I think sometimes heads and arms pop off, but that also happened in Skyrim and I'm pretty sure that game wasn't banned in Australia.

I find it ironic that the country responsible for awesome ozploitation films like Mad Max now has an issue with games that aren't all rainbows and unicorn farts. The real problem with this decision is because SoD is a digital download there will be NO way for Australians to get their hands on it.

On a slightly off-topic note, I can't friggin' wait for SoD on PC with CoOp...

News Comments > Star Citizen - Life Time Insurance Last Chance
6. Re: Star Citizen - Life Time Insurance Last Chance Jun 22, 2013, 17:12 WyldKat

Jivaro wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 16:29:
I am almost investing in this game.

Quick, someone talk me out of it.

The money you pledge will go to funding development and adding awesome stuff to the game. You also get access to the various playable alphas and betas and your input will be used to help make the game better.

That said, everything in these pledges will be available in-game. The Lifetime Insurance only covers the hull of the ship, and non-lifetime insurance won't break the bank. So it's entirely OK to just wait till there's a finished product out.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Six
6. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 16, 2013, 18:42 WyldKat

So EA touts that they're not sexist because they have a female NPC in the single player campaign of Battlefield 4 but we still can't make female soldiers for Multiplayer... the fuck? ARMA 3 is the same way, it's infuriating, especially since these games take place in the near future and female soldiers are a thing now and they've served in other positions you can play as in the games, such as pilots, for much longer.  

News Comments > World of Diving Trailer
9. Re: World of Diving Trailer Jun 14, 2013, 17:25 WyldKat

Could be a really fun Oculus Rift title, but I'd hope there's more to it than just swimming around and collecting junk. Do the sharks actually attack you? Do they have AI or are they just scripted to swim out of wrecks for a cheap jump scare?  

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Jun 13, 2013, 15:23 WyldKat

Oh wow, didn't realize it was Avalanche making this. It might just turn out to be reaaaally good.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 13, 2013, 01:44 WyldKat

GREAT NEWS.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
5. Re: Evening Patches Jun 13, 2013, 01:43 WyldKat

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 22:41:
Lorcin wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 21:06:
Aliens: Colonial Marines Update Released
Product Update - Valve
ē Compatibility updates for future DLC

Really?????? DLC for this? Damn I'm drunk - seeing things obviously.

They've been releasing multiplayer map packs nobody can play because the playerbase is so small (around 100-200 at peak hours worldwide) the forced local matchmaking has you waiting for hours to get into a game. It's hilariously broken.

It still annoys me they never ONCE apologized for the state of Aliens: CM and offered any sort of map pack or that horde mode that was supposed to be in at launch but they took out for paid DLC. A few of the multiplayer modes for the game were actually enjoyable too. A shame.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $10MM in Funding
21. Re: Star Citizen Passes $10MM in Funding Jun 11, 2013, 14:54 WyldKat

Whiskers wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 11:54:
Are they going to make any money if everyone got the game by giving them money to make the game?

They're going with a Buy2Play model, like Guild Wars 2. They will be releasing new expansions to the Squadron 42 storyline, which will be made cheaper due to having most of the assets done, as well as the core tech. I'm sure paint jobs and pilot clothing could net them a healthy amount too.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $10MM in Funding
20. Re: Star Citizen Passes $10MM in Funding Jun 11, 2013, 14:50 WyldKat

Wildone wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 10:04:
I think its a big FUCK YOU to the games industry for deserting a genre so many people loved. Its worth my $45 just to say that.

Exactly.

"There's no money in space sims..."

*snerk*

News Comments > Mad Max Game Announced
25. Re: Mad Max Game Announced Jun 11, 2013, 14:50 WyldKat

Acleacius wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 09:43:
Too bad it's not just 'In The World', where we make our own protagonist at the start.

I'm personally not real anxious to play mel gibson after his psychotic episodes. This could really go sideways and honestly I'm sort of shocked WB would take a chance on it. Especially with all the bad publicity he has had in the last 10 years. Guess they could go with silent protagonist.

Well Tom Hardy is the new Max and he may even be voiced by some other guy in this game.

That said, yeah it would be awesome to have some Saint's Row level customization, only with a post-apoc flair. Would also be neat if that level of customization extended to the cars, not just having weapon/engine tweaking like in Interstate '76 but having visual customization as well. Want skulls all over your car? Done.

I just hope this doesn't suck and has enjoyable vehicle physics and damage modeling. It's been a LONG time since we've had a good car combat game.

News Comments > Defiance Free Weekend
2. Re: Defiance Free Weekend May 25, 2013, 00:41 WyldKat

Having been in the alpha/beta of this game and having recently purchased (finally) Borderlands 2 and all of its content... there's no way in hell I'd ever pay cash money for Defiance, even if I am enjoying the show. Some of the game is fun, but after playing the two, BL2 is just so much MORE fun. The variety of weapons, the crazy stuff they can do, how enemies react when you shoot them, etc. That's not even going into the comedy of BL2 versus fairly bog standard and boring story presented in Defiance.

I also feel like they missed the mark not placing the game where the action is taking place in the story. You would have more opportunity to interact with the main characters but the most important thing is that they could have expanded upon the underground St. Louis thing more and made it a massive sprawling post-apoc underground city dungeon... that could have been amazing.

Sure... Defiance has Rifts but if I want those types of dynamic events I can go play... Rift... or even Guild Wars 2.

The more I get into the show and the more I play Borderlands 2, the more I see massive wasted potential in Defiance the Game.

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend
6. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend May 24, 2013, 04:19 WyldKat

I absolutely love Chivalry, or as I prefer to call it, Shouting Simulator 2013 (seriously just keep mashing the shout key, it uh gives you powers). What RaZ0r! said about the community is right though, so for the most part I completely ignore them. Nothing is really lost as the game is pretty self explanatory about the objectives. The real fun is when you start playing it with friends, especially duels amongst your friends.

Another nice thing about this game is that most people tend to suck at it. You will die a LOT, but then, so does everyone. There are usually only a couple of people each round that seem to be super awesome at the game and with practice it's not super hard to do decently.

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Announced
9. Re: 7 Days to Die Announced May 17, 2013, 13:32 WyldKat

Looks neat but it seems really strange to me why they aren't using smooth voxels instead of the typical Minecraft bricks. For example of smooth voxels, take a look at Planet Explorers. Brick voxels are fine for buildings but in this gameplay video they are SUPER jarring when looking at them on terrain (0:33 seconds into the video), especially when the rest of the game looks like they're going for a realistic look instead of something retro.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Shipwrecked
6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Shipwrecked May 7, 2013, 15:47 WyldKat

I still don't understand why they insist on pushing out maps for their competitive multiplayer instead of single player DLC which is where the game really shines. Or perhaps go the extra mile and release some coop content.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses
27. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 14:16 WyldKat

What still upsets me about all of this is that not ONCE did they ever admit to releasing a bad game nor did they try to make up for it by providing the horde mode which was stripped from the game before release to player for free to make up for it. Or level tools... or anything else that would have made up for this.  

News Comments > Neverwinter Open Beta
17. Re: Neverwinter Open Beta May 1, 2013, 00:05 WyldKat

LittleMe wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 23:58:
It's supposed to have a beautifully crafted and immersive world.. I know that doesn't make a game but, I hear people saying it's worth a single run-through. I'll try it.

From what I played...

It's pretty but it's not as pretty or as high quality as Guild Wars 2 if you're wanting to compare graphics OR art style. Animations are NO where near as good as GW2. Armor design is OK, metal armors can look pretty good. It was pretty cool as a wizard to have a David Bowie "Labyrinth" orb but that's literally the ONLY weapon you'll see and each one looks exactly alike... a floaty see-through ball.

I wouldn't call it immersive at all, though. Everything is instanced and the instance design is very corridor-ish. Even the "open-world" areas feel claustrophobic because of this and it's extremely clear where the zone boundries are.

By all means though, try it. It looks nice enough.. my biggest gripe with it was how trivial and devoid of requiring thought the content is. Remember those immersion breaking glitter paths in Fable 2/3? Yeah... this game is full of them.

News Comments > Neverwinter Open Beta
14. Re: Neverwinter Open Beta Apr 30, 2013, 23:36 WyldKat

Riker wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 21:03:
I'm so jaded and fatigued with new MMOs these days. I haven't enjoyed an MMO since WoW. What's the consensus on this one?

I got bored with it in beta and was mostly unimpressed. The combat tries to be like GW2 but fails as being anywhere as fluid, or fun. Except for perhaps the ragdolls and knockbacks with some attacks... Seriously GW2...how come I can boot players off walls in WvW but not mobs in PVE? Grr..

Most importantly though, it doesn't feel like a D&D game at all. I know it's based on 4th Ed. and I'm told that's the "WoW" edition but they could have at least made the game more challenging. It's a breeze while solo and in a group it makes all of the content trivial. There's absolutely no scaling for groups... which you know, doing stuff in groups is kind of the point of D&D.

Story wise? It's boring, incredibly boring. The characters are forgettable as is the plot, it's simply an excuse to shuffle you from one instance to another.

The classes themselves are dulled down. Want a wizard that throws fireballs? Tough... you're stuck with a "control wizard" that has ice spells.

The cash shop also rears it's ugly head. Nearly every item you get has to be identified, how do you get identify scrolls? You might get lucky enough to get them as a drop but don't count on it, you must spend cash shop currency on the vast majority of them JUST to see if an item is an upgrade... This also means that in a group you are rolling on items without even knowing if it's an upgrade. So I'm sure that will be a blast when you have more than one of a class in a group.

I could go on but really the only saving grace to this game is the Foundry. Quite literally some of the Foundry missions are by far better than mostly all of the standard content.

If you were looking for a true D&D MMO, you'll likely be disappointed.

EDIT:... and I know you can "pray" to get a paltry amount of cash shop currency every hour, but you're capped at 20k per day and that's assuming you poopsock your prayers every hour on the hour and even then it's a paltry amount for what you have to pay for things.

This game REALLY should have just been a buy2play title with cosmetics/meager boosts ONLY on the cash shop instead of the mess they ended up with.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2013, 23:42.

News Comments > Spamalot Unchained
18. Re: Spamalot Unchained Apr 28, 2013, 02:10 WyldKat

RaZ0r! wrote on Apr 27, 2013, 23:01:
Gadzooks wrote on Apr 27, 2013, 22:48:
Creston wrote on Apr 27, 2013, 19:29:
Kickstart an MMO so that I can then pay monthly fees? Sure, let me get my wallet...

Creston

This is exactly what I challenged Mark Jacobs with multiple times, and despite his huge amount of open talk with players, he has not said one word about it.

Subscriptions are there because they supposedly justify the monthly new content and suchs mmorpgs get (supposedly). An mmorpg, without PvE, focused 99% around PvP, cant really have content updates. So basically your subs go to giving the devs steak dinners every night.

Again, I challenge Jacobs to prove otherwise.

From Mark Jacobs:

Because I donít want to have to support 95% of the server population free of charge, pray that 5% spend a lot of money and then find ways to get a small % of the 95% to spend something; b) Maybe, but I think it is the good kind of insane; c) Check back with me in about 3-5 years. Thereís a major storm coming in the FTP space whether people/publishers want to hear it or not (well, itís not of course). Besides, we will get a tighter community with fewer people who actually really want to play and stick with our game as opposed to a large number of people who are playing until they have to pay or they find a different FTP that interests them. Iíll take lower profits, fewer players, tighter community any day of the week. FYI, I said this same thing before, back when networks like GEnie, AOL, etc. were charging for games and the first ďAdver-model gamesĒ were supposed to take over the world.

Source

More here:

http://camelotunchainedfaq.wikispaces.com/Subscription+Model

So... he's completely out of touch with what's been happening in the MMO industry for the past 3-5 years, not to mention the Buy2Play new hotness that has occured in the past year.

I guess I'm not really surprised seeing as how they'll be repeating all the mistakes they made with DAOC as well as making it a PVP only griefer's paradise.

I do find it hilarious though that he's on this "subscription games are still relevant" soapbox while nickle and diming things in his Kickstarter in true F2P fashion, such as Priority Logins, Additional Storage, and even customer support queue priority as well as a special currency to buy them.

He's double dipping, just as The Secret World did charging a subscription and having people buy stuff on their cash shop. Worked out great for them, too, only I don't recall them having anything but clothing on their cash shop... hmm...

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo