Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 728 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 15, 2011, 15:46 WyldKat

What isn't there to get about Twisted Metal?

It's a simple game with interesting characters and incredibly fun gameplay.

They would make a mint spinning off the new title to the Vita. Hell I'm almost considering a PS3 purchase to play the new one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free-to-Play Games on Steam
8. Re: Free-to-Play Games on Steam Jun 14, 2011, 17:01 WyldKat

That's pretty cool. I'll be checking out Champions for sure since I've fallen for STO.  

News Comments > Wizardry Online Announced
23. Re: Wizardry Online Announced Jun 13, 2011, 18:15 WyldKat

Zawath wrote on Jun 13, 2011, 17:15:
Permadeath can work just fine if you play on roleplay servers. There were many persistent world servers (Haze for example) for Neverwinter Nights that used permadeath and it really made the whole experience so much better because all your actions always had severe consequences.

I totally agree to this.

The thing is, such servers, and indeed players who are willing to play by the rules of such a server, are so few and far between a company could never break a profit on such an MMO.

19. Re: Wizardry Online Announced Jun 13, 2011, 15:12 WyldKat

Further, it should also be said that permadeath is horrible from a gameplay design perspective. It's pretty much the game telling people there's no point in going off and doing extremely risky but cool things, such as hunting that dragon, instead people will stick to fighting easy enemies or killing newbies. In fact this same sort of mentality occurs in games that don't even have permadeath, it's pretty much the bulk of Mortal Online or Darkfall's gameplay when players aren't AFK macroing their skills.

I don't mind harsh death penalties or even full loot games, mostly because you still get to keep your character you spent months working on. In fact I'm more tolerant to permadeath in single player games simply because the "asshole griefer" contingent is removed from the equation.

I also have a feeling there will be a lot of large guilds, such as Goon Squad, who will just newb rush people for the lulz and the free lootz and simply reroll if their throwaway character dies, meanwhile all the goodies are transfer ed to their alts.

18. Re: Wizardry Online Announced Jun 13, 2011, 15:05 WyldKat

I guess it's cool they're sticking to their roots in making a hardcore game. However I hope they don't have any delusions of making crazy money on this project, not even the hardest of the hardcore PVP MMOs feature permanent death because of how long it takes just to build up your character.

Plus there will always be guilds in PVP games who just want to zerg around and use every exploit or cheap tactic possible to ruin someones day. I simply don't see permanent death flying with the subscribers, especially since these types of people flock to games like this just to troll people.

News Comments > BF3 Preorder Backlash
35. Re: BF3 Preorder Backlash Jun 13, 2011, 14:36 WyldKat

Eh... considering I'll be blowin up fools from the comfort of my cockpit, exclusive ground pound weapons are irrelevant to me. I only truly care about the Back to Karkand map pack.

However it is kind of crappy I won't get "the full BF3 experience" unless I'm willing to go wait in line at a retail store. I'm not. I only buy games on Amazon or Steam(or Impulse if it's a Stardock game) now due to superior price and service, as well as the fringe added benefit of time and gas saved.

That said, seeing how DICE described these guns sounds like they will be EXTREMELY situational and overall kind of useless to carry around with you in a game where a tank can drop a building on your head. Also as things tend to go in these games they will take a nerf bat to it if people cry enough, it sure as hell happened to my Blackhawk in BF2.

Considering the uproar over this I have no doubts that it will be released as paid DLC later, especially since DICE has said they are in talks with major pro-gaming leagues to support this game and you simply can't have that sort of play in unbalanced games.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 13, 2011, 14:22 WyldKat

Describing Netflix subscribers as "flying into a blind rage" is a bit sensationalist.

The problem with the new interface is that it's completely unusable. There are no longer sort options, list view, or easy ways to see Title, Release Date, and Star Rating. In short, unless you're browsing for a physical DVD, the Netflix site is extremely unfriendly to use.

What's worse is that Netflix execs are pretty much saying a big "Fuck you" to users in saying that we're all troglodytes who resist change and that in time we'll get used to it.

They billed my account before I could cancel, so they've got a month to turn it back. I'll likely be calling this week and voicing my concerns over the new UI over the phone, since they are ignoring the 5000+ post on their blog thats 99.9% full of negative feedback.

It's pretty sad that I'm having to turn to a third-party website, instantwatcher.com, just to browse movies to watch on NETFLIX.

So yeah, our "rage" is totally justified and not blind at all.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2011, 14:29.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
7. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 11, 2011, 05:34 WyldKat

I'll admit, the technology is pretty cool, but it's useless until these greedy ISPs get rid of the caps and actually upgrade their infrastructure. Even then it'll still likely have latency and picture quality issues it's currently plagued with.  

News Comments > Saint's Row: The Third in November
7. Re: Saint's Row: The Third in November Jun 10, 2011, 16:49 WyldKat

Curious to hear more about enhancements to CoOp play.

I hear they're axing the vs multiplayer modes, which I'm okay with really, I hope they've reinvested those resources into adding more to CoOp. Of course Saints Row 2 CoOp was pretty solid.

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 10, 2011, 15:19 WyldKat

Nintendo fanboys are already saying it's okay, that it won't effect the systems sales at all because.... "you can just pass around the controller". XD  

News Comments > Codemasters Hacked
13. Re: Codemasters Hacked Jun 10, 2011, 14:53 WyldKat

Wow... not even an offer of a free game...

Way to fail, Codemasters.

News Comments > Saint's Row: The Third in November
1. Re: Saint's Row: The Third in November Jun 10, 2011, 14:50 WyldKat

Looking forward to this. The last game was simply fantastic at open-world mayhem and customization. Hopefully this game expands upon the customization.

My only gripes were how arcadey the vehicles handled as well as their extremely simplistic damage models, hopefully that'll become closer to GTA4 which perfected the balance between realism and fun with its vehicle physics/damage.

News Comments > Battlezone II Patch
1. Re: Battlezone II Patch Jun 10, 2011, 14:25 WyldKat

Wow now that's a series I haven't heard about in ages!

It's too bad Activision is so focused on cranking out bland clone shooter games to make a good sequel to this game. Hell even just a modern graphics/physics update would be nice.

News Comments > Codemasters Hacked
10. Re: Codemasters Hacked Jun 10, 2011, 14:01 WyldKat

Krovven wrote on Jun 10, 2011, 13:59:
In other news...3 people in Spain have been arrested in connection with the PSN hacks.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

News Comments > Molyneux on Fable Kinect Demo "Horrendous Mistake"
13. Re: Molyneux on Fable Kinect Demo Jun 10, 2011, 13:42 WyldKat

Kajetan wrote on Jun 10, 2011, 13:14:
Verno wrote on Jun 10, 2011, 12:28:
After seeing Fable III and Fable: The Journey, you want him to make another Syndicate game? I don't want him anywhere near it.
Why not? A Syndicate shooter with a rudimentary and simple research tree, auto-heal and cover-system and LOTS of ridiculous achievements. Wouldnt that be fun for the target audience of todays mass market? Hmm? Wouldnt that be AWESOME???

Don't forget being about to hold TWO weapons at a time, SO REVOLUTIONARY!

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 10, 2011, 12:52 WyldKat

LOL... just... lol...

It's the Virtual Boy all over again! Albeit at least this time it has nice graphics, although that remains to be seen seeing as how Nintendo enjoyed showing off PC demos during E3...

http://i.imgur.com/iZOse.jpg

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Starts Shipping
13. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Starts Shipping Jun 9, 2011, 23:20 WyldKat

entr0py wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 22:55:
Is it just me or does it seem the average reactions went from cautious optimism to bitter contempt in a matter of days? I guess the demo must have hit hard. I'm still holding out to see reviews; companies screw up brief demos all the time.

Honestly you should download the demo and judge it for yourself. I have no doubt it will receive padded scores not unlike LA Noire because of it simply being what it is.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer
2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jun 9, 2011, 22:28 WyldKat

It's always bugged me how bad their video streams were. It's like YouTube circa 2005.

I just hope this game doesn't dissuade people from making story driven MMOs in the future. That's the only thing TOR really has going for it, other of course, OMG STAR WARZ. Graphics are a generation or so old, gameplay is just about as old, ship combat makes Asteroids look like a space simulator, PVP is generic, just ugh...

And need I mention the Sith "sorcerer" subclass? XD

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Starts Shipping
6. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Starts Shipping Jun 9, 2011, 22:22 WyldKat

*golfclap*  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 9, 2011, 22:10 WyldKat

Best Buy can get bent. So what, he's wearing a blue tshirt and is totally clueless about the product he's hocking?

There's absolutely nothing in that commercial that says Best Buy or refers to any of their brandings, It's not even the same shade of blue shirt that Best Buy uses, sheesh.

728 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo