Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > New UDK Beta
3. Re: New UDK Beta Jun 27, 2011, 22:38 WyldKat

So Hawken is the new title of Brown Simulator 2012?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hear Yee, Hear Yee
36. Re: Hear Yee, Hear Yee Jun 27, 2011, 20:08 WyldKat

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 19:55:
WyldKat wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 19:48:
Oh I see. So any conservative that you disagree with instantly qualifies as "not conservative".
Obviously you don't see. Rather you believe that a 'name' appended by a party will always point the true political leaning of a person. Even in Canada, we grew out of that type of political hack 30 years ago.

Yet you're the one arguing that it's the liberals who are responsible for the evils of society... Yeah... You don't believe that a name appended by a party will point to the true political leaning of them AT ALL...

*facepalm*

I'm done here.

34. Re: Hear Yee, Hear Yee Jun 27, 2011, 19:48 WyldKat

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 19:39:
WyldKat wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 19:34:
You do realize that Republican conservatives like Schwarzenegger have been championing the same bullshit, right? I guess it's easier to blame liberals than to take any civil responsibility yourself.

Gee that sounds familiar...
Except Schwarzenegger isn't really a conservative. He's a RINO, or a republican that leans left. The politics isn't hard to keep track of, and I'm not even american.

Oh I see. So any conservative that you disagree with instantly qualifies as "not conservative".

32. Re: Hear Yee, Hear Yee Jun 27, 2011, 19:34 WyldKat

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 19:24:
Cutter wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 17:31:
You dittoheads provide me no end of amusement. You just keep drinking the kool-aid and believing what you're told to believe, champ. Don't try thinking for yourself, it's dangerous.
Except that there's plenty of prevailing evidence to support his claim. All you need to do is look at Europe, or to Canada(see NDP, Bloc, or Greens). The state taking care of personal responsibility is the mainstay of liberals and the left today.

Simply because you don't fit into that mould doesn't make it any less true.

You do realize that Republican conservatives like Schwarzenegger have been championing the same bullshit, right? I guess it's easier to blame liberals than to take any civil responsibility yourself.

Gee that sounds familiar...

29. Re: Hear Yee, Hear Yee Jun 27, 2011, 19:28 WyldKat

Wow this guy is completely off his fucking rocker.

Wal-Mart? SERIOUSLY? Wal-mart will BARELY sell M rated games, games that are far less graphic in terms of sex and violence than the films produced by the movie studios Yee represents. They won't even touch Adult rated games.

Latest setback? Yeah... allowing the Freedom of Speech is quite the setback... Sheesh.

News Comments > Alpha Polaris and Demo Released
1. Re: Alpha Polaris and Demo Released Jun 25, 2011, 00:42 WyldKat

The Thing: The Game?  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Underwater Combat Details
13. Re: Guild Wars 2 Underwater Combat Details Jun 25, 2011, 00:41 WyldKat

Fion wrote on Jun 24, 2011, 22:49:
I edited after you posted, my bad lol.

Hey theres another vid they released, some combat gameplay in a dungeon called Catacombs. Features a Guardian, Necromancer, Ranger and I think a Warrior. Pretty wicked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh428dRV7IY&feature=player_embedded

Wow... was that the Engineer that had the backpack and flamethrower? That looks really awesome. I really hope Engineers get goggles to wear. I really want to make a petite Engineer with pigtails that runs around with a big gun of some sort.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 25, 2011, 00:23 WyldKat

Hulu will be sold to an Asian MMO company and will be moving to a Free-to-Play model.  

News Comments > WoW Patch Notes
2. Re: WoW Patch Notes Jun 24, 2011, 22:52 WyldKat

It's not a current number. They've been bleeding subscribers since Cataclysm. Rift hurt them a lot. TOR and GW2 will hurt them even more.

They're also counting the Chinese servers too...

11. Re: Guild Wars 2 Underwater Combat Details Jun 24, 2011, 22:48 WyldKat

Fion wrote on Jun 24, 2011, 22:41:
AnointedSword wrote on Jun 24, 2011, 18:30:
Ok, so someone from the team played WoW:Cat... I really never liked the water level...Nothing new here to see...move along! lol

You didn't even watch the video did ya? If you had you'd see it's 'very' different from WoW's underwater gameplay.

Yeah... WoW's underwater gameplay had no special abilities, so you'd still be firing a gun underwater, lol. Not to mention the underwater breathing item as either a craftable potion or a petrified turd (no joke) that you ate.

GW2 is also going to have special underwater pets for the pet classes too.

It's not jumping the shark, it's taming the shark which is..... pretty damn cool.

4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Underwater Combat Details Jun 24, 2011, 18:42 WyldKat

Cutter wrote on Jun 24, 2011, 18:40:
Rock fucking on! In every game I always ask if there will be underwater zones/quests/combat as that's always the most fun and interesting place to be if done right.

The world of Tyria is a beautiful, dangerous place, with a ton of places to explore. We didnít want the undersea zones to feel like a secondary experience compared to the land zones, so youíll experience the fullóahemódepth of Guild Wars 2 content underwater. In addition to a wide variety of dynamic events, most dungeons have underwater content, and your personal story will also occasionally take you under the sea.

I love in the vid how hes talking about deep underwater zones, vendors, events, etc. Oh yeah, that's the stuff. I'm not going to lie, all this is giving me some mahogany here. I want to play this game now. If it's half as good as it seems right now it's going to fucking crush everything else out there. I am going to be all over this like cheap cologne on a whore!

Indeed.

I really hope they will consider having PVP areas that are above and below water too!

I also loved that the breathing device is an ACTUAL DEVICE, that you can SEE on your character.

I still can't believe this game won't have a subscription.

I would probably die if they announced group controlled ships with ship vs ship combat.

2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Underwater Combat Details Jun 24, 2011, 18:36 WyldKat

Extremely impressive.

I love that they've put so much thought into this with actually having underwater abilities and itemization.

The animations and environmental (hair, clothing, foliage) physics are incredibly impressive as well.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Ending in December
18. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Ending in December Jun 24, 2011, 18:34 WyldKat

Creston wrote on Jun 24, 2011, 18:20:
Especially since they don't seem to really offer anything unique beyond "Everything is voice acted!"

Creston

Pretty much.

10. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Ending in December Jun 24, 2011, 17:58 WyldKat

What's most disappointing is that they didn't even attempt to turn this game into a F2P money machine like Turbine did with DDO/LOTRO and Cryptic did with Champions.

Seriously FUCK Smegley and FUCK SOE.

9. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Ending in December Jun 24, 2011, 17:57 WyldKat

Creston wrote on Jun 24, 2011, 17:55:
There are people actually still PLAYING Galaxies?

I have a buddy who's the biggest Star Wars nerd in the universe, and he played it religiously for four or five years or so. Then he stopped playing, but he had one of those Sony All-Access passes (or whatever they're called), and so his character was always there.

So one day I'm over at his place, and I notice the Galaxies icon, so out of curiosity I ask him to fire it up. He logs back in with his character, finds himself in a player made town (which, to be honest, looked pretty cool.) in this massive building made by his guild, with tons of shit in it, etc.

And he's ALL ALONE on the server. Literally the only player on that server. He checks four different characters on four different servers, and there's nobody there. It was kind of unreal seeing an entire game world just empty.

So, again, anybody still plays this? Other than the devs?

I doubt anyone will notice it's gone.

Creston

Servers like Starsider were always packed full of people. In fact when I played a couple months ago it still had an extremely active ground and space PVP scene. They had battles with win conditions and everything.

6. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Ending in December Jun 24, 2011, 17:55 WyldKat

Flatline wrote on Jun 24, 2011, 17:49:
WyldKat wrote on Jun 24, 2011, 17:46:
I just saw this and I can't describe how angry it makes me. For all of SWGs faults it was the one MMO I kept coming back to because the virtual world elements were so fun, as well as the space combat.

It feels like they're forcing us to go play TOR, which is a shame because it's nothing like SWG.

SWG is to the Original Trilogy as TOR is to the Prequels.

I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. They gutted the core mechanics over and over and over again and drove away more and more of the fanbase as time went on.

Yep, it's a textbook example of what not to do with a game. Raph Koster's original ideas were brilliant. Ideas that aren't sadly being carried into TOR, which would have been brilliant with TOR's story-telling.

I guess the age of the sandbox virtual world has come to an end. It's time we all embraced reskinned WoW clones.

5. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Ending in December Jun 24, 2011, 17:52 WyldKat

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 24, 2011, 17:48:
The only thing I wish they would do is release all files so people could run their own servers. Or some sort of way to take our home/multiplayer player ship, and make a sandbox out of it.

Totally agreed.

The fact that the emu doesn't have any of the space parts is what keeps me from playing it.

2. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Ending in December Jun 24, 2011, 17:46 WyldKat

I just saw this and I can't describe how angry it makes me. For all of SWGs faults it was the one MMO I kept coming back to because the virtual world elements were so fun, as well as the space combat.

It feels like they're forcing us to go play TOR, which is a shame because it's nothing like SWG.

SWG is to the Original Trilogy as TOR is to the Prequels.

News Comments > Skyrim Map as Preorder Bonus
20. Re: Skyrim Map as Preorder Bonus Jun 23, 2011, 16:13 WyldKat

Beamer wrote on Jun 23, 2011, 15:56:
I've always wondered about the collector's edition garbage, though. It's pretty much always just that - garbage. People actually want a 4" tall pewter Duke Nukem bust? What the hell will you do with that? Where are you going to display it? Will it actually go with you when you move?

Well, the collectible items are clearly not for you.

Back in the golden age of gaming stuff like maps, figures, and other neat little tangible items were common to receive when just buying the normal game. I remember my Ultima 8 box had a cloth map of the island as well as a pentagram coin. These games also had huge manuals which served as a lorebook as well as how to play the game. It did a lot to immerse you in the world and give you something to read when you weren't playing the game. The maps also harken back to classic pen-and-paper gaming, where elaborate maps would be drawn out.

It's something that the gaming industry has lost really. I remember being thrilled getting my Elemental CE and finding a dragon, cloth map, and lore book inside of it. It reminded me of the classic games, when the bonus items weren't stupid branded flash drives or a cheap tshirt. The bonus items related to the game and felt like a virtual item made real.

As for where you display them, my Pipboy bobblehead makes a great desktop companion. The table where I keep my jewelry box (which looks like a treasure chest) is decorated with cloth maps from games with various pewter figures on them in a very "Game of Thrones" style along with some coins and an "ebony" looking dagger.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas DLC and Patch Next Month
8. Re: Fallout: New Vegas DLC and Patch Next Month Jun 23, 2011, 14:05 WyldKat

I still don't understand the bitching about this game being unstable. The only time I've ever had a crash was when I installed a buggy mod. The game was fine after I disabled it.  

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo