Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > DRIVER San Francisco Multiplayer Trailer
3. Re: DRIVER San Francisco Multiplayer Trailer Jul 28, 2011, 22:23 WyldKat

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 22:16:
WyldKat wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 22:10:
Wow the "shift" mechanic is one of the lamest things I've seen in a racing title yet... well other than always on DRM.

I would be totally all over this game but the 'Shift' mechanic ruins it. How do you even sell this in the single player part of the game?

Totally agree.

What's the point of a racing game with what looks to be a good damage model if you can just teleport to another car? Lame. Burnout Paradise was so good because there was a consequence for driving badly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Oil Rush Trailer
4. Re: Oil Rush Trailer Jul 28, 2011, 22:18 WyldKat

All it needs is a crazed Dennis Hopper and a Kevin Costner with gills!  

News Comments > DRIVER San Francisco Multiplayer Trailer
1. Re: DRIVER San Francisco Multiplayer Trailer Jul 28, 2011, 22:10 WyldKat

Wow the "shift" mechanic is one of the lamest things I've seen in a racing title yet... well other than always on DRM.  

News Comments > World of Warplanes Economy Detailed
4. Re: World of Warplanes Economy Detailed Jul 15, 2011, 17:03 WyldKat

CommunistHamster wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 16:00:
If only lucasarts would pull their fingers out of the jedi's collective arseholes and pay some attention to the starfighter pilots.

Yep. They sure as hell aren't doing it with TOR.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 14, 2011, 18:06 WyldKat

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 14, 2011, 16:19:
I went streaming only months ago and don't see what the big deal is.

You wouldn't because you're not one of the people seeing a 60% increase on their plan.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
18. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 14, 2011, 18:03 WyldKat

LOL.... As if "1,600 responses" is some representative of a customer base of 23 MILLION? That's less than a fraction of a percent. This isn't considering it's "according to" some random tech news site full of readers ready to rage out over such a thing.

That said, I'm very unhappy with the change myself. As others here have said, if content was significantly improved I could justify the 60% price increase of my current plan, however it isn't. Moreover I'm still a bit pissed that the Instant Watch UI change is still completely unusable over a month later and I'm still forced to resort to instantwatcher.com to find anything.

But what am I to do really? I tried Prime and it blows in terms of quality and selection. Cable/Satellite is overpriced, full of commercials, and isn't on-demand. I suppose I could pay $15/mo for a VPN or seedbox and just download everything but I was rather happy playing by their rules.

I will likely downgrade to the streaming only until I've dried up the Star Trek selection which is pretty much the only thing worth streaming that I haven't seen already and Redbox all my new releases. Feh...

News Comments > No Skyrim Demo Planned
32. Re: No Skyrim Demo Planned Jul 14, 2011, 17:13 WyldKat

JoeNapalm wrote on Jul 14, 2011, 17:03:
saluk wrote on Jul 14, 2011, 15:48:
In the olden days when demos were common, you just package the executable, delete all the level files except the first (or first couple) and add an exit with the "buy now" page. It takes a couple hours of effort at most, and the files are small and easy to deal with.

Making a proper demo for a game like Skyrim could take weeks. It's just not worth it.

If I recall...Oblivion started in a dungeon...

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Do you really think a starter dungeon is a good representation of what an Elder Scrolls game has to offer?

News Comments > No Skyrim Demo Planned
25. Re: No Skyrim Demo Planned Jul 14, 2011, 15:05 WyldKat

This is non-news. There hasn't been a demo for an Elder Scrolls game since Daggerfall, and even that was only one dungeon.

He's right, you simply can't do a demo that represents a game of this size without releasing a massively large demo. Also you run into the Just Cause 2 problem where the demo is hacked to let you venture out of the demo area. Releasing one dungeon from the game would be a pretty bad way to show off an Elder Scrolls game also, as they are so much more.

News Comments > Gratuitous Tank Battles Announced
15. Re: Gratuitous Tank Battles Announced Jul 12, 2011, 20:08 WyldKat

I got GSB in some sort of indie bundle and I still fail to see the "fun" in the game. I think my complaints lie mostly with the way battles are conducted, literally involving no input from the player beyond placing the units and clicking Fight. This was excusable in Master of Orion because you had a wonderful 4x game behind it, but it just made this game feel rather boring.  

News Comments > On the Star Wars Galaxies Closure
13. Re: On the Star Wars Galaxies Closure Jul 12, 2011, 17:34 WyldKat

Having tried TOR it just made me want to go back to SWG all the more. Space combat was a joke and that was something that SWG did SO right.

This is one person that won't be moving to TOR.

News Comments > DRIVER San Francisco Car Show
5. Re: DRIVER San Francisco Car Show Jul 9, 2011, 15:33 WyldKat

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 9, 2011, 15:24:
The only thing holding me back from buying this game is the whole jumping from car to car thing.

Jumping from car to car like Just Cause 2 jumping? Or teleporting?

News Comments > DRIVER San Francisco Car Show
3. Re: DRIVER San Francisco Car Show Jul 9, 2011, 15:17 WyldKat

Driver games have always had more realistic physics models. They're no simulator sure, but they're a lot more realistic than TDU2.

This is actually looking pretty interesting. I like some of the vehicles less commonly seen in games, such as the Starsky and Hutch car, a Jeep from the '80s, a Hudson Hornet, and a '57 Bel-Air. (Dad had one of those, always loved that car.)

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Announced
16. Re: PlanetSide 2 Announced Jul 8, 2011, 13:17 WyldKat

Some interesting tidbits on what's new in Planetside 2...

On the Class System
The skill tree and classes go hand in hand, you can switch between roles as often as you want depending what is needed at the time. Things like weapon attachments will be based on the skill tree. Also you will be able to queue up 24 hours of skills to train so you can train your characters offline. However there will still be battle rank involved which will prevent you from training all skills unless you advance in battle rank. Skill training will also occur quicker when you are online.

On Resource Collection
On a continent you will have multiple regions that can be captured that have specific resources tied to them. Some areas may be more rich in rare resources some in common materials. Auraxium will be one of the rare resources that can be obtained. You will be able to unlock secondary weapons such as mortar cannons and AA guns on tanks. You will do this based on resources collected by your empire or outfit. Resources will make gameplay more strategic, for example denying resources to empires to gain an advantage.

On Outfit Customization
Outfits will have skill trees also that will be customizable. Outfits can spec specifically to increase certain aspects such as focusing on being an air cavalry outfit, or infiltry and max outfits.

On long term plans.
There will be a three year plan for PlanetSide 2 for all of the players to review and and provide feedback. Based on feedback the plan could be changed or moved around.

On Game Focus
It's about giving back to the players, SOE wants to make PlanetSide 2 for the players who have stuck to the game for years, and the hardcore players who participate day in and day out.

On the scale of gameplay
There will be multiple continents in the game just as with the original PlanetSide. Down the road there will even be multiple worlds.

On gameplay systems
There will be an extensive mission system in PlanetSide 2 to assist in coordinating PlanetSide 2 combat on a much larger scale than seen in PlanetSide 1.

On the Territorial Control Systems
Due to the structure of the systems there will be a large variety of heavily contested areas such as large forests. Large and open areas could be conquered entirely with vehicles, this goes for air and ground vehicles. Much of the territorial control system will be based similarly on bases where if you capture a base or structure you own the territory. There will be bonuses to capturing territories that are connected. It will also add more vertical gameplay to the game.

On the pace of Gameplay
Moment to moment pacing for PlanetSide 2 is much faster than PlanetSIde 1.

On external access to data
Most data will be accessible from outside so webapps can b built on top of the game. Services such as signature generators and statistic pages could be built around the data feeds.

On urban combat.
There will be "Urban Like" combat in PlanetSide 2.

On the Flight Model
They want skill based vehicle driving to play a much larger role in PlanetSide 2. There will be much more advanced flight mechanics with barrel roles and flips. Real skill will be required to fly vehicles so quality pilots will be in demand.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Announced
10. Re: PlanetSide 2 Announced Jul 8, 2011, 11:57 WyldKat

Beamer wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 11:47:
And actually has gameplay depth. Something that Halo has little of

Disagreed on both sides.
Planetside, at least at launch, was just a slow, shallow shooter. The actual combat was terrible.

False.

Planetside was "slow" in the sense that it took preparation and planning, unless of course you were a solo newb and just wanted to frag people. (HINT: Probably not the game for you if you were that type.)

Until you've been apart of a 100+ person assault fielding a sky full of Galaxys, Reavers, and Mosquitos, hotdropping into enemy territory and claiming bases for your empire you have no idea about depth or combat in Planetside.

News Comments > 10 Million Minecrafters
13. Re: 10 Million Minecrafters Jul 2, 2011, 14:52 WyldKat

I don't see how Cube compares... it doesn't have resource gathering and crafting to build things, does it? Does it have randomly generated worlds?

Comparing Second Life to Minecraft is just as valid as comparing Cube to it. Yes, you can build with others in realtime, but the actual gameplay and concept is very different. Heck even HeroEngine fits that description.

News Comments > Batman Arkham City Trailer
7. Re: Batman Arkham City Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 01:47 WyldKat

Must have this.

Arkham Asylum was a great game, IMO the best Batman game ever. Not just because of the well polished gameplay but also the Animated Series voice actors.

Catwoman has always been one of my favorite characters, can't wait to play her.

News Comments > 10 Million Minecrafters
5. Re: 10 Million Minecrafters Jul 1, 2011, 23:27 WyldKat

Pretty much waiting on the adventure mode before I play Minecraft again...  

News Comments > XCOM Interview
10. Re: XCOM Interview Jun 29, 2011, 18:04 WyldKat

This isn't XCOM, it's Mad Men in Black!  

News Comments > More on Minecraft's Adventure Update
13. Re: More on Minecraft's Adventure Update Jun 29, 2011, 16:43 WyldKat

Vulkan wrote on Jun 29, 2011, 16:38:
Here's hoping for some rare artifact style items, no adventure is ever quite complete without them.

A randomized loot system ala Diablo series would be really sweet here.

News Comments > More on Minecraft's Adventure Update
6. Re: More on Minecraft's Adventure Update Jun 29, 2011, 13:00 WyldKat

Really really really looking forward to this. Hopefully Adventure mode will work online too!  

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo