Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 27, 2011, 15:44 WyldKat

I don't get it, they're wanting to make VPNs illegal? Do they not realize a ton of businesses use VPNs?

WTF lawmakers...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Secret World Beta Signup and Business Model Details
10. Re: The Secret World Beta Signup and Business Model Details Aug 27, 2011, 15:36 WyldKat

Subscription based MMOs are dying out. A few companies here and there are still releasing them but by and large the market is embracing F2P games, though I really do hope the success of GW2 will swing the pendulum into the "buy the box, get the whole game" camp. Guild Wars has one of the best deals going for it. The only thing on the cash shop are fluff items like costumes, make-over tokens, gender swap, and a neat thing to turn your character into a hero unit for another character.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: : Ghostbusters 3 Hopes To Shoot This Spring, Moving Forward Without Murray. Aug 27, 2011, 15:33 WyldKat

That's disappointing Murray won't be coming back for Ghostbuster 3. Oh well I guess we got the rather good Ghostbusters video game out of him.

I don't blame them for moving ahead though, he's been irrational about the whole thing, even admitting he feels like he owes Reitman. I still love the mans work, though.

I really do hope they get Eliza Dushku to play one of the new busters, she was already a slayer so it seems like a good fit.

News Comments > Origin EULA Amended
1. Re: Origin EULA Amended Aug 27, 2011, 15:30 WyldKat

See? We can inspire change with enough pitchforks.  

News Comments > First Skyrim DLCs Timed Xbox 360 Exclusives
33. Re: First Skyrim DLCs Timed Xbox 360 Exclusives Aug 26, 2011, 17:58 WyldKat

That's fine.

I'll be playing all the free DLC I want on the PC. Hooray for mod tools!

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Classier, Not Pricier
29. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 17:54 WyldKat

Only $20? Good grief. Shut up and take my money!  

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Aug 26, 2011, 04:07 WyldKat

New Star Trek series? Yes please.

I would LOVE if they did a Titan series and bring Frakes back to play Riker, this time as a Captain. He might have to lose some weight but he's not too old to play a Captain.

News Comments > RAGE "Gearhead Vault" Trailer
9. Re: RAGE "Gearhead Vault" Trailer Aug 26, 2011, 04:03 WyldKat

Meh, screw the haters, this game just looks like old-school FPS fun with some cool stuff like RPG elements, vehicle combat, and large open world tossed in.

Also pretty stoked it's coming with all the tools you need to make your own levels or total conversions. Already cooking up a fun team vs team gamemode/map.

Excited that online isn't just deathmatch but also coop and vehicle combat/racing.

Will definitely hold me over till Skyrim, probably even longer if the online is good. Knowing id it will be.

News Comments > RIFT Six Month Anniversary Celebration Begins
7. Re: RIFT Six Month Anniversary Celebration Begins Aug 25, 2011, 16:23 WyldKat

I still have a lot of fun in Rift. After being dissatisfied with TOR's gameplay I've decided to resub to Rift when my subscription becomes due in October till Guild Wars 2 at least. I'll do the 6 month Founder's deal again, can't beat $10/mo for an MMO. It's the one game that's recaptured that magic that vanilla WoW once had, all the while being a completely modern game and having some great innovations.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2011, 16:19 WyldKat

I wish I was filthy rich. I would totally buy the Raptor and Viper from that auction and rig them up in a surround screen room to a good space sim with a BSG mod.

Also RE: Wing Commander, this is a great series that really deserves to be revived and not as a crappy Xbox Live Arcade game. The originals weren't ever "hard" like a sim, they were basically space shooters with just a bit more complexity and a lot more story. The gameplay would really fit in well with todays hits like Mass Effect. They also need to resurrect Privateer.

They could even hire Mark Hamil to reprise his role as Christopher Blair, he was awesome in live-action WC and if they did in-game cutscenes he is awesome as a voice actor.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow
8. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow Aug 25, 2011, 15:59 WyldKat

Was hoping Lonesome Road would introduce a drivable Chrysalis.  

News Comments > Portal Co-creator's Quantum Conundrum Revealed
6. Re: Portal Creator's Quantum Conundrum Revealed Aug 25, 2011, 15:57 WyldKat

Plushie safe, the new companion cube!

It looks fun to me.

News Comments > Steve Jobs Resigns
1. Re: Steve Jobs Resigns Aug 24, 2011, 20:01 WyldKat

Wow that's pretty surprising.  

News Comments > GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons
49. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 19:07 WyldKat

Dirwulf wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 18:55:

This just in from CNN money

"Now, GameStop says it will not sell the opened DXHR packages -- in fact, it won't sell any physical copies of the game at all until Square Enix ships GameStop a version without the OnLive coupon. GameSpot will continue to sell its own digital version of the game in its stores and online."

LOL! GameStop's loss then. With Amazon.com being cheaper AND including $10 off next purchase, Steam with it's ease of use, or the big box stores to purchase this game, they are only shooting themselves in the foot by refusing to carry it. It's not like they even want to sell PC games anyways.

42. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 18:18 WyldKat

^Drag0n^ wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 18:14:
Serule wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 18:04:
Not that I'm defending gamestop (I unfortunately work there..) but can I ask how many of you who posted actually use onlive? Not that I agree that taking it out of the box was right.. but really.. how much damage would it do?

Whether or not you use it isn't the point; the point is they are breaking a manufacturer's seal on a product, removing content, and selling it at the full price, minus one of the items.

Whether I chose to use the service, or give the code to someone that does, is irrellevant: They stole material from a package, and sold it under false pretense.

That's actually breaking the law.

^D^

This.

Not only are they removing content that has value ($49.99 to buy the PayPass from OnLive), they are doing it because they view OnLive as a competitor. Which is an anti-competitive action that can, and should, get them slapped with an antitrust suit.

28. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 16:11 WyldKat

DangerDog wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 15:56:
necrosis wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 15:32:
JayDeath wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 14:32:
I wish Newegg still had brick and mortar stores instead of just the online store. I miss the Newegg that was down the road. *sigh*
Newegg had B&M stores?!

Egghead, I was sort of confused too when I first heard the name Newegg.

Egghead was great though, computer software stores are/have going the way of bookstores - out of business.

Oh man I remember that store! I loved it! I was just a kid but I remember going nuts in there. I think that's where I bought my copy of Lion, one of the hardest sims I've ever played.

News Comments > Diablo III Community Website & Beard Challenge
6. Re: Diablo III Community Website & Beard Challenge Aug 24, 2011, 15:55 WyldKat

grudgebearer wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 13:48:
I wish they had done this back when I had 16 months of beard on my face filled with toothpicks...

Hehe that was you? I remember when that video was put up.

I think you should take a still and send it in, or maybe do it again? Maybe this time use cocktail umbrellas or those little plastic swords they put in fruit?

News Comments > Kanye West to Headline Call of Duty XP
18. Re: Kanye West to Headline Call of Duty XP Aug 24, 2011, 15:28 WyldKat

Lesaonar wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 10:48:
Of all people they had to pick the world's biggest douche bag. Rifle

I consider it a perfect fit with a large percentage of the current COD fanbase.

20. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 15:25 WyldKat

Overon wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 15:17:
Good point, I didn't realize consider is an anti-trust angle to this too.

Yep, there certainly is.

http://www.justice.gov/atr/about/antitrust-laws.html wrote:
The Sherman Act also makes it a crime to monopolize any part of interstate commerce. An unlawful monopoly exists when one firm controls the market for a product or service, and it has obtained that market power, not because its product or service is superior to others, but by suppressing competition with anticompetitive conduct.

17. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 15:05 WyldKat

Overon wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 14:33:
I'm no lawyer and I don't know the law.
But can they open a box, remove something, and then sell it as new in the USA? Is that legal?

Even if legal, this is just scandalous.

It is pretty scandalous, at the very least they should be hit with an antitrust suit.

Think of it this way, can you imagine the stink if Google paid Microsoft to package Chrome with Windows 8 then Microsoft went through and deleted it from everyone's install?

I'm not a huge fan of OnLive but I tried it and I think it's an interesting technology. OnLive paid good money to run this promotion to perhaps bring more interest to their service, good for them. What GameStop is doing is not just deceptive to consumers looking to purchase a new-in-box game but criminally anti-competitive towards OnLive.

If they don't want to sell Deus Ex Human Revolution because it comes with a free OnLive pass for the game then they shouldn't even stock it. They do not get to have their cake and eat it too.

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo