Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 728 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Dead Island Multi-Monitor Fix
2. Re: Dead Island Multi-Monitor Fix Sep 12, 2011, 23:25 WyldKat

I'd love to know why a VAC ban would be enabled on a single player/coop game with no online competition in the first place...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter
32. Re: Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter Sep 12, 2011, 23:20 WyldKat

Alpha Geist wrote on Sep 12, 2011, 20:55:
The standalone four-player campaign features levels based on those of the original and its sequel Syndicate Wars. Designer Rickard Johansson talked this up - "hopefully co-op is a great nod towards the old gang" - but argued that the old Syndicate formula had had its day. "I don't want people to stop playing the old games, but time has moved on."

So at best, all they can do is HOPE that the co-op is a nod towards the old gang?

Ugh...don't even get me started on the whole "time has moved on" quote.

If EA/Starbreeze's reinvention of Syndicate mixed in qualities of Battlezone (or Battlezone II), then I wouldn't be so disappointed. That was one FP RTS game I really got a kick out of.

Heck, are there any other games similar to that of BZ/BZII, past or present?

Now where did I put my BZ CD at...

Wait... they actually said "Time has moved on?"

Tell that to the Madden and NFS franchise or any other host of EA games.

No it's more like... "Well those games were made by talented developers whose company we bought out, we're unable/unwilling to match their creativity so have a Deus Ex clone and be happy about it."

News Comments > Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter
30. Re: Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter Sep 12, 2011, 23:18 WyldKat

"I think the game speaks for itself. We've been very lucky to work with a great, original world, and turn it into something completely different. I would love to cash out on the cyberpunk craze resurrected by Deus Ex: Human Revolution. We're never going to please everyone because we're only in it for the benjamins."  

News Comments > Rumored Syndicate Details Promise a "Visceral FPS Experience"
44. Re: Rumored Syndicate Details Promise a "Visceral FPS Experience" Sep 11, 2011, 23:29 WyldKat

What the FUCK?!?!?

First X-Com, and now this? Why is the industry so interested in shitting on the legacy of awesome strategy games to release more FPS crap.

*RAGE*

Seriously.. Yeah okay so CoD sells a lot of units, that does NOT mean you have to make every fucking game a shooter.

How long before all games promise a Visceral FPS Experience?

News Comments > ARMA II Project Reality Beta
6. Re: ARMA II Project Reality Beta Sep 9, 2011, 03:45 WyldKat

Arma 3 is looking amazing at this point now that they are using a modern physics middleware. It's also going to have underwater ops which sounds awesome. Also every single building you will be able to enter rather than a handful. Ground, air, and sea vehicle physics have also improved.  

News Comments > Hard Reset and Kingdoms of Amalur Videos Each Show 20+ Minutes
1. Re: Hard Reset and Kingdoms of Amalur Videos Each Show 20+ Minutes Sep 8, 2011, 20:42 WyldKat

This looks like good fun. I just have to question it's release, though. Only two months after Skyrim and Torchlight 2, likely with GW2 and Diablo 3 beta in full swing, this game will come out.

Looks like fun but I can't see myself having enough time to warrant purchasing it.

News Comments > 5 Million Battlestar Galactica Online Registrations
1. Re: 5 Million Battlestar Galactica Online Registrations Sep 7, 2011, 21:17 WyldKat

Yeeeeah... 5 million people, the vast majority of whom registered, tried it out for a bit, found it was total shit, and uninstalled it.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request
3. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 7, 2011, 21:12 WyldKat

Non-Gender locked classes would be a good start.

Or better yet, allow people to create a character and customize their look, gender, etc and then pick a class?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Island; Patch Coming; Steam has an Xbox Build?
65. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island; Patch Coming; Steam has an Xbox Build? Sep 6, 2011, 18:12 WyldKat

Wow I was expecting the game to be a little bit buggy but not this. Can't believe they fucked up this much. They clearly need to sack their QA department and start over.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Sep 3, 2011, 17:31 WyldKat

Cliffs of Dover is a dog of a game. While beautiful, it's extremely poorly optimized. There's absolutely no reason it should run as poorly as it does.

Moreover there is no Dynamic Campaign which is something that made the original IL2-Sturmovik a great game. Also add to that there are only about a dozen flyable planes, most of that dozen taken up by various variants of the same aircraft. Compare that to 229 flyable aircraft in the original game. Sure that comes with the expansions, but still...

There's also tons of bugs, really stupid AI, and completely unintelligible voice acting.

With the original game being only $10 on Steam with all of it's expansions it's an infinitely better value, better sim, and more fun experience than Cliffs of Dover. Wait till it's in the budget bin.

News Comments > Driver: San Francisco Interview
1. Re: Driver: San Francisco Interview Sep 3, 2011, 16:04 WyldKat

I love all the smoke and mirrors they're trying to pull to convince us that "shift" isn't a completely "shit" mechanic. The old Driver games were fun because it was about precision driving, hell that was the point of the whole Garage level.  

News Comments > Diablo III Footage, Beta This Month?
22. Re: Diablo III Footage, Beta This Month? Sep 3, 2011, 05:54 WyldKat

hrdlroam wrote on Sep 3, 2011, 04:40:
An Ad before the video (=Ad)?

Are people really ok with this?

"Hey, here look at that commercial, so you can look at the commercial you want to see!"

Silly.

I despise that sort of thing, especially when it's a 30 second unskippable ad to watch a 2 minute trailer.

News Comments > Diablo III Footage, Beta This Month?
4. Re: Diablo III Footage, Beta This Month? Sep 2, 2011, 21:53 WyldKat

Still more interested in a Torchlight 2 release date.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Combat Details
13. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Combat Details Sep 2, 2011, 20:48 WyldKat

The thing that cracks me up is that all four Force classes play roughly the same, which is half the game. The other half plays like STO's old ranged combat system, which even Cryptic knew was fail so they changed it to a much more fun "Mass Effect" style experience.  

News Comments > No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3
58. Re: No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3 Aug 31, 2011, 19:02 WyldKat

Part of what made Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead so intriguing were the civilians. Yes it had civilians and killing them had real negative consequences. You had to look to see if they had weapons or not before pulling the trigger. It made you think about calling in an artillery strike, it made the game less black vs white and more like a real urban battlefield.

I don't really see a point of putting them in BF3 if they are invulnerable window dressing. As someone said, wasted CPU/GPU cycles. Imagine GTAIV without any peds...

Further it should be noted that a mature game would deal with the moral ambiguity of warfare, as well as the consequences. What DICE has chosen to do with BF3 is make it a simple "GI Joe US America #1" game instead of a mature game that deals with the complex issues of war. Nothing wrong with that but he's off his rocker if he thinks it's mature to paint war in such a monochromatic context.

This comment was edited on Aug 31, 2011, 19:09.

News Comments > Fifth Deus Ex: Human Revolution Clue [Updated]
10. Re: Fifth Deus Ex: Human Revolution Clue [Updated] Aug 30, 2011, 16:59 WyldKat

Drink your Ovaltine?!?!?  

News Comments > Redheaded Fem Shep for Mass Effect 3
10. Re: Redheaded Fem Shep for Mass Effect 3 Aug 28, 2011, 21:40 WyldKat

I usually make my Shep a redhead cause I'm one IRL. I don't understand why they didn't stick with the default female Shepherd, she was pretty.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 27, 2011, 15:44 WyldKat

I don't get it, they're wanting to make VPNs illegal? Do they not realize a ton of businesses use VPNs?

WTF lawmakers...

News Comments > The Secret World Beta Signup and Business Model Details
10. Re: The Secret World Beta Signup and Business Model Details Aug 27, 2011, 15:36 WyldKat

Subscription based MMOs are dying out. A few companies here and there are still releasing them but by and large the market is embracing F2P games, though I really do hope the success of GW2 will swing the pendulum into the "buy the box, get the whole game" camp. Guild Wars has one of the best deals going for it. The only thing on the cash shop are fluff items like costumes, make-over tokens, gender swap, and a neat thing to turn your character into a hero unit for another character.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: : Ghostbusters 3 Hopes To Shoot This Spring, Moving Forward Without Murray. Aug 27, 2011, 15:33 WyldKat

That's disappointing Murray won't be coming back for Ghostbuster 3. Oh well I guess we got the rather good Ghostbusters video game out of him.

I don't blame them for moving ahead though, he's been irrational about the whole thing, even admitting he feels like he owes Reitman. I still love the mans work, though.

I really do hope they get Eliza Dushku to play one of the new busters, she was already a slayer so it seems like a good fit.

728 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo