Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kat

Real Name Kat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WyldKat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.youtube.com/Asytra
Signed On Mar 16, 2006, 15:23
Total Comments 731 (Apprentice)
User ID 24526

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > DICE: Battlefield 3 Beta "Mission Accomplished"
40. Re: DICE: Battlefield 3 Beta "Mission Accomplished" Oct 17, 2011, 14:00 WyldKat

I'm canceling my Pre-Order.

I was still getting the incredibly annoying sound glitch and couldn't find any response from DICE that it was an issue and is going to get fixed. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

The Origin/having to have a browser open thing continually took the fun out of the game for me. That's something that won't be changing, and is a pretty large factor in why I won't be picking this up.

Also... because Forza 4 and Skyrim.

I'll check it out again when it's $20 or so and they've fixed the issues.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Subscriptions Return
12. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Subscriptions Return Oct 14, 2011, 17:13 WyldKat

StingingVelvet wrote on Oct 14, 2011, 15:49:
Kythlyn wrote on Oct 14, 2011, 11:09:
They really went about this announcement the wrong way. This was basically like saying, "Hey guys, we know we messed up and we know we're still fixing the problems, but start paying us now anyway."

What they needed to do was really get the game to a point where it could be called a great game. THEN do a massive relaunch campaign where players would be offered another free month of this 2.0 version of the game.

The way things are, they are going to lose a lot of players and I don't see any motive for new players to come on board.

The funny thing is that they originally said they would fix the game, then charge a sub. Now they are saying they need a sub to fix the game. I wouldn't support them at all even if I wanted to play the game, which I don't.

Yep. Sad thing is after looking at the reaction to this news on the FFXIV fansites the fanboys are lapping this shit up, ready to fund yet another Square failure. They fooled me once with the release of this game, they told me it was just a beta and it was all getting fixed in a 20gb retail client. Bait and switch, not falling for it again.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Subscriptions Return
10. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Subscriptions Return Oct 14, 2011, 14:18 WyldKat

This is a mistake.

While there are finally chocobos and shit there simply isn't enough questing/dungeon content to warrant a sub.

They're going to lose the rest of the handful of people still playing it.

They really should have made it a F2P game like LOTRO.

News Comments > Shadowrun Online Unveiled
16. Re: Shadowrun Online Unveiled Oct 13, 2011, 15:25 WyldKat

"browser based"

Oh...

News Comments > Afterfall: InSanity Preorders
23. Re: Afterfall: InSanity Preorders Oct 10, 2011, 16:48 WyldKat

Dev wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 16:08:
They shoulda picked a more reasonable goal like 1 million. 10 million is nuts.

I second this.

Minecraft isn't even close to that and it has a MUCH broader appeal than a survival horror game. Even 1 million is stretching it in the time frame they've given.

Anyways the game doesn't look like my cup of tea, but best of luck to them.

I will say it's a bit shady they don't have a full price nailed down when they are six weeks from release, though.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 9, 2011, 17:54 WyldKat

Norton Internet Security... HAHA Good Joke!  

News Comments > More id RAGE Midnight Madness
46. Re: More id RAGE Midnight Madness Oct 4, 2011, 02:23 WyldKat

Not regretting deciding to wait on this one right about now.

Oh well, 1 more week for Forza 4.

News Comments > Hacked 128-Player Battlefield 3 Beta Servers
40. Re: Hacked 128-Player Battlefield 3 Beta Servers Oct 2, 2011, 18:57 WyldKat

Hump wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 18:52:
WyldKat wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 18:47:
Bhruic wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 18:25:
I hardly consider it whining when potential customers want to see a map that's actually representative of Battlefield. They had Caspian Border in the beta for like 2 days and it was locked down by a password and was only on like 30 servers, constantly full. EA rep even bitched that people were sharing the password, fsking seriously??? Is it so wrong to want to play an actual BATTLEFIELD map???

It's not wrong. But it's also not the point of the beta. The beta is to help them test the game on a large scale. People seem to be confused over this, and I'll admit that the modern concept of "beta as demo" hasn't helped. But this isn't a demo. This isn't designed as a method for people to check out the game for free.

If you want an "actual Battlefield map", then wait for the game to be released. If you want to check out the beta, then you're going to have to accept the parameters that they've put in place for it. If those parameters aren't sufficient for you, well, then the beta isn't for you.

Hump wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 18:44:
WyldKat wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 18:20:
I hardly consider it whining when potential customers want to see a map that's actually representative of Battlefield. They had Caspian Border in the beta for like 2 days and it was locked down by a password and was only on like 30 servers, constantly full. EA rep even bitched that people were sharing the password, fsking seriously??? Is it so wrong to want to play an actual BATTLEFIELD map???

I was able to get on it a few times and if I hadn't got to mess around in it at all I probably would have passed on the game. Metro, while fun, just isn't Battlefield at all.

Do think its remotely possible that that DICE had good reasons, from a technical perspective, to choose the maps they did? They are NOT obligated, particularly in a beta, to give people whats "representative" of the full game. If that was their intent, it would be called a "demo". They're doing actual testing for server loads etc. If the game ships without thorough testing the same assholes crying now would be the first to run to the forums bitching about that. Its lose-lose for DICE. I realize DICE/EA have been dicks in the past but, FFS, let the game ship before starting this foot stomping "I am NOT pleased" mentality.

So neither of you think it's important to beta test vehicle/air combat on a Campaign map in a Battlefield game?

Right. Got it.

You're right, I'm sure they threw in vehicles as an afterthought and NEVER considered that they might need testing as well. After all, the game has only been in development for nearly 5 years. Be sure to email DICE your expert analysis since I'm assuming you know exactly what testing this particular game entails.

I just.... wow... seriously?

So... again, you don't think testing server loads would be better on a 64-player Conquest map that actually has vehicles and lots more destructible terrain, which use more server resources than an on-foot only map?

37. Re: Hacked 128-Player Battlefield 3 Beta Servers Oct 2, 2011, 18:47 WyldKat

Bhruic wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 18:25:

It's not wrong. But it's also not the point of the beta. The beta is to help them test the game on a large scale. People seem to be confused over this, and I'll admit that the modern concept of "beta as demo" hasn't helped. But this isn't a demo. This isn't designed as a method for people to check out the game for free.

If you want an "actual Battlefield map", then wait for the game to be released. If you want to check out the beta, then you're going to have to accept the parameters that they've put in place for it. If those parameters aren't sufficient for you, well, then the beta isn't for you.

Hump wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 18:44:
WyldKat wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 18:20:

I was able to get on it a few times and if I hadn't got to mess around in it at all I probably would have passed on the game. Metro, while fun, just isn't Battlefield at all.

Do think its remotely possible that that DICE had good reasons, from a technical perspective, to choose the maps they did? They are NOT obligated, particularly in a beta, to give people whats "representative" of the full game. If that was their intent, it would be called a "demo". They're doing actual testing for server loads etc. If the game ships without thorough testing the same assholes crying now would be the first to run to the forums bitching about that. Its lose-lose for DICE. I realize DICE/EA have been dicks in the past but, FFS, let the game ship before starting this foot stomping "I am NOT pleased" mentality.

So neither of you think it's important to beta test vehicle/air combat on a Campaign map in a Battlefield game?

Right. Got it.

29. Re: Hacked 128-Player Battlefield 3 Beta Servers Oct 2, 2011, 18:20 WyldKat

News Comments > Midday Safety Dance
3. Re: Midday Safety Dance Oct 1, 2011, 09:26 WyldKat

AdBlock for Chrome simply never worked for me. Never blocked a single ad that I could tell. With so many websites looking to pilfer my bandwidth by autoplaying video ads now I went back to Firefox. It's quicker, for the most part, though every now and then it starts eating CPU cycles on some weird timer and I have to restart the thing. I'll happily return to Chrome when AdBlock+ sorts out their addon.  

News Comments > Syndicate Reboot in February 2012
4. Re: Syndicate Reboot in February 2012 Sep 28, 2011, 11:12 WyldKat

From announcement to release in under 6 months, clearly the mark of a quality title.  

News Comments > State of the Dead State: Help Needed
2. Re: State of the Dead State: Help Needed Sep 27, 2011, 23:06 WyldKat

Wait... they're asking for free art and labor for a game they're going to sell?  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2011, 00:04 WyldKat

D&D gamers mourned his passing and poured their Mountain Dew in memorium.  

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Buggy in Steam Renegade Ops
11. Re: Half-Life 2 Buggy in Steam Renegade Ops Sep 26, 2011, 17:06 WyldKat

KTR wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 13:38:
Silly Sega, that's not the buggy...that's the jalopy.

Or the muscle car.

Either way, yeah, not the Buggy. Though I do prefer the muscle car.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Yahoo Appears To Be Censoring Email Messages Sep 21, 2011, 14:32 WyldKat

Cutter wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 13:24:
Does anyone use Yahoo for anything anymore? All I use it for is NFL news during the season and that's it. Not like Google is any less evil.

I still have one I use as a throwaway email. It's pretty much full of spam.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 21, 2011, 05:23 WyldKat

It's nice to know that my $60/mo isn't going towards better infrastructure to increase speeds/bandwidth caps but instead going to people who should probably be out working instead of Facebooking.  

News Comments > Minecraft to End Endermen Block Theft
6. Re: Minecraft to End Endermen Block Theft Sep 21, 2011, 05:11 WyldKat

I thought it was a rather interesting concept.

They should have just tuned it a bit so that sometimes you get Endermen coming to your place and stealing blocks, making your defenses weak.

The people crying about this should probably be playing in Creative mode.

News Comments > Vampire: the Masquerade MMOG Details
24. Re: Vampire: the Masquerade MMOG Details Sep 19, 2011, 15:44 WyldKat

Flatline wrote on Sep 19, 2011, 13:10:
Fion wrote on Sep 19, 2011, 11:54:
Lol I'm sure it'll be used for that, by the 13 year olds. For the rest of us this means open world, persistent RP in the best RP focused PnP platform on the market, the World of Darkness. Though I am still baffled why they went with Vampire: the Masquerade (a product that is about a decade old and unpublished) instead of the vastly superior Vampire: the Requiem. Masquerade had a metaplot, so perhaps that is why, not sure.

Requiem is marginally better than Masquerade mechanically (though there's a *lot* that's still broken), but Requiem managed to strip all that was interesting out of the setting and leave you with a sterile, uninspired game. For every interesting idea they included (clans and covenants for example was a cool idea) they pulled out a dozen ideas from Masquerade.

A thousands times this. Requiem was just a watered down Masquerade. I never LARPed it but I bought tons of the VtM books because games like the Activision RPG and Bloodlines really got me into it. The rulebooks themselves had loads of lore and were just a blast to read. They should have just fixed what was wrong in the mechanics and left the lore alone.

It's good that this game is based on the real World of Darkness.

Now, as for playing a mortal? Only if I get to play a Buffy-type.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal
18. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 03:46 WyldKat

On the ranked PVP gear discussion:

The simple truth that Blizzard doesn't want to acknowledge is that they could easily promote balanced PVP by doing what Guild Wars 2 is doing with their ranked PVP and putting everyone in a set gear set where the only thing that differs is your skill selection, player skill, and whatever cosmetic changes you've unlocked.

But then of course Blizz doesn't get their cut of the phat loots, neither does PayPal for that matter.

Anyways yeah, I'll likely pay more mind to PVP (both ranked and RvR) in Guild Wars 2 and be treating Diablo 3/Torchlight 2 as just a fun monster smashing diversion with friends.

731 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo